Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

HOW DID SHAQUAN DULEY come to the conclusion that by getting rid of two of her children it would solve all of her problems? Murdering her two little boys is a shocking outcome of her morbid thinking. One thing is certain is that the boys are now in a better place.

WHY IS BRADLEY MANNING, the Army private, being hailed as a hero because he leaked classified information regarding Afghan reports? He has now put some of our troops and Afghan personnel in immediate danger because names have been published in the leaked material. Think of what he has done before calling him a hero.

THIS IS A RAVE for one of our Richmond County employees. Ms. Joan Shakleford in the Jury Clerk's Office is a most pleasant person to deal with. My daughter got a jury summons but she is off at school so Ms. Joan took her address and said that everything was handled. She also took the time to visit with my other daughter and me all the way to the elevator. Hats off to Ms. Shakelford!

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN to separate religion from terrorism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the U.S. Constitution doesn't allow discrimination based on religion.

IT'S ANOTHER SAD element to the crazy world today that a man is saluted as a hero who would curse away in a plane full of people, deploy an emergency chute that could have caused harm or death, steal a beer or more and then quit the job by riding the chute down. Anyone who quits in that irresponsible and dangerous way, along with stealing an item or more in the process, is someone I would never approve for employ anywhere except to scoop poop up or to handle trash.

HEADLINE: "MCG could get a name change." Hmmm. That's what progressive orgs do when they're in trouble, so they can resurface with no difference but their name. Something about this MCG stuff seems super political and has nothing to do with medicine, teaching or healing anybody.

ABOUT THE RECENT Cherry Tree death: Where's the outrage? Have we forgotten when the police shot a known felon who tried to run them over? Residents were very upset, and even set up a shrine. Oh, wait ... it's only a big deal when the police shoot/murder someone. Civilian killing civilian is just an unfortunate tragedy.

SMOKERS HAVE THE RIGHT to their health-degrading and horribly smelling habit. I understand that. What I don't understand is why smokers insist on standing just outside the door of fast food restaurants. Particularly the employees of the restaurants. When I'm on my lunch break that's the last thing I want to smell when I'm hungry.

THIS IS TO the people who are in charge of roads and bridges in Grovetown. If you're wondering why there are so many potholes on Chamblin Road, it's those huge double front cement trucks that use the road as a short cut. There is a sign on one end of that road that says no through trucks, but it's missing on the other side near the interstate bridge. I see it happening everyday.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/21/10 - 01:16 am
Some folks are just

Some folks are just crazy...it's a shame her sons had to die by her hand...at least she's off the street now.
No comment.
Kudos for customer service being what it should be...
But the security of our nation depends on our being able to monitor suspected terrorist groups and unfortunately, extreme religious groups have proven to be crazy enough to kill en masse...so whadaya want? a safe country or a terrorist cell potentially on main street?
Yeah, but he got a lot of attention and that's all he really wanted...I don't believe he thought it all the way through though....comedic tragedy at best.
MCG is a political and academic institution..by its nature, it has to be. What planet are you from?
Oops there goes another one...whoop there it is!
I smoke and don't hang outside the entry door to any establishment...it's just rude and bad for the business owner. It's a shame most folks nowadays just don't care about others enough to show common courtesy.
Why not call the highway department or some other similar party and notify them...complaining here won't solve the problem.
It's Naturday and NFL is back..stock up the coolers and get ready for some more pre-season play...now for those who have missed me..thanks...I'm up much too late as it is...play nice and have a great weekend...my dreams are beckoning me...G'day.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 08/21/10 - 04:11 am
The shootings in Cherry Tree,

The shootings in Cherry Tree, the increased buglaries, robberies, etc. are 90% of the time committed by REPEAT OFFENDERS who in most cases were given probation or very light punishments. Judge Overstreet finally handed down and adequate punishment by shooting the criminal but only because the criminal broke into his home. In most cases Overstreet and many of our other liberal judges give slaps on the wrists and put the criminals back on the streets to continue their lives of crime by breaking into more homes, using violence against our citizens and tying up law enforcement resourses repeatdly. We MUST let our judges know that enough is enough. Stop putting the criminals, especially violent criminals back onto the streets - give them the maximum punishment allowed each and every time. So often these criminals who end up shot by homeowners or police have extensive records and should have never been given the opportunity to be back on our streets. Likewise, many violent crimes against ordinary citizens are also committed against repeat offenders including rape and murder. Enough is enough, put criminals where they belong and keep them there. Let your voices be heard through letters to the editor, letters to our judges and to our DA's office - demand violent criminals be kept behind bars and that proper punishments be issued to those breaking the laws in our community. Plenty of good people live in Cherry Tree and they deserve better. The cops arrest the criminals but they are out before the paperwork is completed and when they get punished by our liberal judges they are laughing at them as they leave the courtroom. Wonder why good people will no longer come forward to assist the police and courts - because they see the very weak punishments issued. We MUST change this swinging door policy in our local jails and keep the criminals where they belong, off of our streets.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 06:42 am
Good am Augusta...a special

Good am Augusta...a special hello to Zeno
For all the fine folks in St John Towers.....:O)

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 06:50 am
Asitisinaug - Well said as

Asitisinaug - Well said as usual, thanks.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 06:52 am
Don't have kids if ya don't

Don't have kids if ya don't want them.....kill yourself B4 ya kill a kid!
Don't ever smoke in doorways.......plllleeeze...or I might go to another business.
to the Great One...the "dicck" tator.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 06:57 am
In dreams I walk with

In dreams I walk with you.....in dreams you're mine....
One of the greatest singers.....Elvis was jealous of this guy!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 07:09 am

Only you baby....thanks for the attaboys....
Now I have to make grits & toast...soon the guns will be up this am.:)

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 07:22 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 07:14 am
You give me a buzz.....almost

You give me a buzz.....almost every day. Thanks :o)

apex24
apex24 08/21/10 - 07:26 am
The CherryTree Crossing

The CherryTree Crossing shooting was done by one of their own not by "the man".

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/21/10 - 07:32 am
Honey will give you a

Honey will give you a buzzzzzzzzzz. Gotta get me a truck load today! In this country, we have all the tools one needs to plan our pregnacies or choose not to be pregnant. Since parents are not teaching our kids the life change associated with having a child, guess our schoold need to be doing it. Being a parent is the most difficult, though rewarding job one can have. Please go have an abortion if you dont want your life to change. If partying is more important than taking care of your child, you have no business having one. Hell has a special place for those who dont take parenthood serious and another special place for those who kill their young ones.
Also, bradley will get his comeupence. Wonder how much he was paid.

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/21/10 - 07:44 am
I feel "blah" this

I feel "blah" this morning---must need a little "honey"!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 07:54 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 08:04 am
sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/21/10 - 08:11 am

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 08/21/10 - 08:10 am
I'm a smoker and agree with

I'm a smoker and agree with the person crying about smokers by the doorway of fast food establishments. However, if you're so health conscious which you would like us to believe then why are you going to fast food eateries? Perhaps you should just eat a salad!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 08:25 am
TrukinRanger - I was kinda

TrukinRanger - I was kinda thinking the same thing. If it "takes away your appetite", that might not be a bad thing. I do agree a separate smoking area with a roof and an access door should be provided for smokers (like me). Let us go out there in peace and enjoy the smell of our fellow addicts. Wild Wings Cafe, Sidetrack, Rhinehart's and the place formerly known as Indigo Joe's are good examples of what I'm talking about.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 08:21 am
smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/21/10 - 08:27 am
thxs B4, do love me some good

thxs B4, do love me some good boogie woogie. Now the blood id finally running, gots to go. Yall have a great day. On my way yalls beautiful city.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 08:39 am
stgal - Congratulations! You

stgal - Congratulations! You win today's contest by being the first one to respond to any of seenitB4's 8 of 18 R&R posts!

So, you may proudly wear the crown all day!

Have a safe trip and don't forget the body armor.

Lonewuf
Lonewuf 08/21/10 - 08:31 am
Honey will give you a

Also, bradley will get his comeupence. Wonder how much he was paid.

Smalltown, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on the abortion issue. Just how is having an abortion any different than what Ms. Shaquan Duley did to her own two toddlers. Murdering a child is murdering a child. Abortion, suffocation, what's the difference? I would like to see your answer on that one, but unfortunately I'm on my way out of town for the day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 08:42 am
Don't be jealous jr.....just

Don't be jealous jr.....just because I get the attaboys.....that doesn't mean they don't like you too. ;=)
You wouldn't believe the emails I get.....go get em" type!
wow gotta love it....
Don't worry I will NOT let any negative comments keep me from my ususal posting to a "different" drummer.

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/21/10 - 08:51 am
Lonewolf, I am a prolifer

Lonewolf, I am a prolifer too. I suppose getting an abortion instead of murdering two toddlers is the lesser of two evils. both have damnable consequences. Sorry if I sounded proabortion.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 08:53 am
"Never interrupt your enemy

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/21/10 - 08:53 am
Johnny (?), can I pawn the

Johnny (?), can I pawn the crown? Am going to a used car dealership today and may need the funds to escape.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 08:56 am
Please come up with some new

Please come up with some new material ....that Napoleon quote has been "over-used" doncha think!
Try your famous urban dictionary.....ya know the one. :)

soldout
soldout 08/21/10 - 08:57 am
Before you get that flu shot

Before you get that flu shot this year you might want to consider this info: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/21/barbara-lo...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 09:03 am
After all......tomorrow IS

After all......tomorrow IS another day.
Scarlett: Tara! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day.

GONE WITH THE WIND
gotta go...work to do. seeya

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 09:48 am
Is it Friday yet???

Is it Friday yet???

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/21/10 - 10:12 am
Johnny Rotten....... Do you

Johnny Rotten....... Do you know why the Honeybee was flying around with his legs crossed?

He was looking for a BP station!:)