Rants & Raves

I think the payment of surgeries for overweight people is terrible! I am overweight myself and as hard as I try, I can't seem to keep the extra weight off but I sure don't feel like someone should pay for surgery as there is always a risk with such surgeries which do not always work. Or are these surgeries supposed to be a way to study the harmful effects by people foolish enough to risk their lives getting cut into?

The city accepted federal monies for new streetlights adding to our national debt. The cities and states should refuse federal dollars. if they want new street lights the city should pay for them. My federal tax dollars should not be used for dumb street lights.

ASU is the tax supported college that denies rights to Christian students. But what does ASU favor? The first week of school includes: rides, games, food, bingo, fireworks, golf, "to gear up students." ASU uses absurdity to "welcome" students, but does not welcome Christians. Christians, beware! Don't get near ASU. They might give you some golf or bingo.

Thank you Lewiston Elemetary for locking the doors and making the parents stand in the rain, thunder and lightning before parent orientation. We really got a good idea of how much value you place on our lives and the lives of our children!

If local school officials had brains they'd know that accepting even one federal grant means they are ceding legitimate local authority to the federal government. This is both unconstitutional and supremely dumb.

Sylvia Cooper is a great communicator and gives me a good laugh every time I read her comments.

If you have a potbelly and don't use deodorant, then please don't wear a tank top out to a restaurant. You are just telling everyone that you are a slob. If you can't dress properly then eat at home or go to the drive thru.

Another rave for Dr. Frank Moreland and all those in his practice and office. They treated our fragile rescued cat with sensitivity and excellent care, upholding humane ethics to the highest degree. Our simple, but very lovable, gray tabby cat was given the best of veterinary service, even to the very end.

The government (all levels) made a big secrecy deal out of what was being dug up at Ft. Lawton/Magnolia Springs State Park at Millen. Now the GA Southern website reveals the big secrets. That's it?! A pipe? A cut bullet?! Why such secrecy? What idiots govt produces!

I like most Americans agree with the president concerning religious freedom. But, common sense should question promoting a mosque to be built near Ground Zero. Not only is this a slap in the face and insult to all impacted by the terrorist attack of 911, but also is another example of Muslims attempting to subjugate all non-believers (infidels).

People that want to move to North Augusta, come on over. The mosquitoes are very hungry. Almost no money is being spent on mosquito spray. Come on over.

Tell us what you think
Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 03:53 am
Maybe one day we'll read a

Maybe one day we'll read a Rave about how some animal that Dr. Moreland treated actually survived. I'm sure he is a very compassionate and competent veterinarian, but so far all we are hearing about is the lost causes.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 04:20 am
"I am rather like a mosquito

"I am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp; I know what I ought to do, but I don't know where to begin."
- Stephen Bayne

w00t!

G'mornin, Happy Friday!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 06:18 am
I wonder if the home

I wonder if the home invasion/shooting at Judge Carlisle Overstreet's house that happened about 4am this morning is going to be another "taboo topic" for the AC since they haven't even published at "tip off" breaking news story on it.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 06:33 am
By the way - nice shooting,

By the way - nice shooting, Judge!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/20/10 - 06:38 am
In reference to the Civil War

In reference to the Civil War artifacts found at Magnolia Springs State Park, why are they being sent to Statesboro and not housed and displayed in Millen where they were found? Jenkins County could use the tourism that this could bring. Why do these people at GA Southern think they own them? Display them in Millen and help the economy there. Lord knows, they need it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 06:39 am
Good am Mr. Rotten....I'm

Good am Mr. Rotten....I'm glad "someone" is covering the news....Did the Judge hit his target this am??

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/20/10 - 06:39 am
What would you like to bet

What would you like to bet that Judge Overstreet starts giving longer and tougher sentences for home invasions and burlgary!

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/20/10 - 06:41 am
Gonna open a BBQ retaurant

Gonna open a BBQ retaurant next door to the proposed mosque. Its my right, isnt it?

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 06:43 am
At least the sentence he

At least the sentence he handed out this morning can't be reversed later if he has a change of heart like he has had so many times in the past.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/20/10 - 06:43 am
Good Morning from the Ellis

Good Morning from the Ellis St. Canal Coffee, Donut, Luncheonette and Psychiatric Center. Today's menu will be Intelligence served with an equal portion of sarcasm accompanied by common sense and with a dessert of Do the Right Thing!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/20/10 - 06:44 am
Smalltowngal, I'll put the

Smalltowngal, I'll put the slaughter house and pork market next door to minimize transportation expenses!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 06:52 am
Remember what part of

Remember what part of Manhatten that is. The Jewish bankers and financiers might not like that either.....and they have many lawyers and the ability to buy you out (by force if necessary).

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/20/10 - 06:51 am
CBBP, Thats what I like,

CBBP, Thats what I like, American coming together to get the job done. We can build our own "community center" with slaughter house, market, restaurant, gym, with bells that chime every hour. Yeah, thats the ticket!

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/20/10 - 06:53 am
Johnny, I have a feeling they

Johnny, I have a feeling they would finance my enterprise, lol.

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 08/20/10 - 06:54 am
Well, its off to work I go.

Well, its off to work I go. got another family to feed. Yall be good and hey, its FRIDAY.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 06:59 am
Thanks smalltown for doing

Thanks smalltown for doing your part......let's keep the checks coming in please.....now "git" on out that door & go to work. (All the under 55 crowd) :o)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 07:00 am
It is strange that AC has a

It is strange that AC has a thread called "Can we talk about race" when they remove another that is about RACE! Or removed comments.

cleanup
cleanup 08/20/10 - 07:11 am
Is that why the comments on

Is that why the comments on the Cherry Tree Crossing shootings seem to be closed and unavailable for reading?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 07:13 am
I think Ac thought the

I think Ac thought the comments were going in the wrong direction....ck r&r last night & you will see Sean made a post about this.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 07:21 am
billoftt
billoftt 08/20/10 - 07:27 am
I don't know about shootings,

I don't know about shootings, but I do know that many newspapers disable the comments section when an article is about a pending or active trial. They keep the comments disabled until the jury comes to a verdict and the judge passes a sentence. They say this is done in order not to 'taint' the trail with public opinion. maybe its the same thing with other 'legal matters.'

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 07:28 am
Good Morning America, My

Good Morning America, My Friends and Foes.

Don't you all realize that AC is doing it's part to "Clean Up" Cherry Tree Crossing. By leaving it along by all parties concerned, It will clean itself up by becoming unpopulated.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 07:31 am
Happy Friday and good morning

Happy Friday and good morning to all.
The printed rnr's?
NWTTOE®
Peace,
Doc

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 07:32 am
Raves to the AC for stopping

Raves to the AC for stopping the hate on that thread. Please do this more often. It shows you really do have some sphericals.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 07:32 am
Good am Mr.

Good am Mr. Cobalt!

billoftt....everytime I see your avatar...I think it means bill of tiny Thomson....ya ain't from Thomson Ga. are ya?

disssman
disssman 08/20/10 - 07:33 am
How about a headline for the

How about a headline for the massive gas line break on Windsor Springs late yesterday. According to my wife, there was a huge traffic jam and 5 police cruisers sat and watched the fiasco and did nothing to alleviate the problem. BTW the work is being performed by a work force totally comprised of illegal aliens so it dosen't surprise me that accidents will happen.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 07:35 am
BTW the work is being

______________________________________
Yeah, it'll get done early, there won't be three hour breaks, and out of work Americans will drive by and say "Man, glad I don't have to THAT kind of work."

disssman
disssman 08/20/10 - 07:35 am
I am sorry AC, I forgot that

I am sorry AC, I forgot that your news regurgitators are limited to gleaning info from the internet, or E-mails from the "stakeholders" downtown.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 07:42 am
Are you assuming all

Are you assuming all Hispanics are illegal? That's bigoted, isn't it?

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 07:43 am
I didn't bother to go out and

I didn't bother to go out and ask the Hispanics working diligently (look it up if you're American) if they had green cards. I appreciated their work ethic, their professional attire, and the fact they left my yard looking EXACTLY as they found it before digging.

I'll hire Hispanics over Americans, Asians over Americans, Arabs over Americans, hell, ANY immigrant over an American, EVERYDAY.