Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

With the (hatemongers) now spouting supposed Christian origins, can law enforcement now have a reason to take down all those white vertical signs about "Augusta for Jesus"? Please! Either that, or else we need lots of new signs put up, or even painted over the old signs of "Jesus for all" or "Jesus loves all" or even "God loves gays!"

With all due respect, if someone feels the need to erect a memorial, it should be at the cemetery, where you purchase the land. These monstrosities being piled up on road rights of way make the roads difficult to maintain - like grass cutting. What if someone died on Main Street? Also, the state says memorials must be on the left side of the road. On a two-lane road, which side is the left side? Wouldn't that depend on the direction you are going?

Too bad there are so many ignorant people who jump so readily on a so-called Christian bandwagon to condemn a great school on the basis of a prejudiced child. A child who cannot keep from preaching to her fellow students in and outside of her classes and now has decided to get the biased daily paper on her "side" to publish constant inflammatory articles pushing Christianity upon people.

This RANT is a response to the situation at ASU. The young lady is entitled to her freedom of speech and so are others. Going to college/university prepares one for open-mindedness, the willingness to listen and rationally form one's opinions and articulate them to others. People can only agree on some points to disagree. However, the situation brings to mind Karl Marx who said religion is the opiate of the people. This might be the only philosophical point Marx got correct. Religion and greed are the roots of all evils. Consider all the wars and crusades as well as jihads which have been fought in the name of God.

Boo, hiss, boo on Jennifer Keeton for wanting to push Christianity on a school and other people. Go to a Christian school, Keeton. I hope a judge makes her pay soon for all legal fees for ASU and those named professors, plus punitive damage payments for emotional and mental distress she willfully and foolishly caused those professors. Keeton should also be charged with a month of color half-page ads in all local newspapers apologizing to ASU for all the trouble she caused.

A courageous Georgia governor would have refused to have shown up to welcome Obama to Atlanta. Perdue showed up.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/05/10 - 11:04 pm
Last Rant...... Perdue

Last Rant...... Perdue doesn't care, as it's all over for him anyway. He had heard about the messiah's halo, and wanted to see for himself.

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/05/10 - 11:09 pm
ASU/Keeton.... not having

ASU/Keeton.... not having been present when they told her what she said they told her. And not being in her classroom, when she supposedly stated her beliefs, and it's effect on her job performance when/if she graduates. I think I will leave this problem in the neutral position for lack of intimate knowledge of the incident, and the conditions and dialogue surrounding this debacle.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 02:15 am
I've got to give Jennifer

I've got to give Jennifer Keeton her props for not wasting her 15 minutes of fame. And that's about all I care to say about it.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 08/06/10 - 02:36 am
Our Governor should certainly

Our Governor should certainly greet our President upon arrival to our state. We will never move forward until our leaders learn to respect each other for their beliefs while at the same time not comprimising their beleifs and doing the job they were elected to do. Communication amongst our elected leaders is very important and failing to do so properly does not show courageous but cowardness. Our governor who rightfully disagrees with our president on most issues of this administration did the right thing in welcoming him to our state and hopefully used the opportunity to better communications between this administration and our state officials.

kareyclark
kareyclark 08/06/10 - 03:25 am
Crackerjack you are 100%

Crackerjack you are 100% correct with your post. Only the school and Ms Keeton know what the truth is. Just my two cents worth; Ms Keeton has every right to express her beliefs and ASU should be supporting her right to so, after all, it is called freedom of speech. Trey, as usual, you are off base thinking Ms Keeton has or had 15 minutes of fame. In this case, no one will be able to have a claim to fame.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 04:20 am
"You measure a democracy by

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Abbie Hoffman

w00t!

Put on your body armor and enjoy First Friday tonight!

kareyclark
kareyclark 08/06/10 - 04:45 am
Only you would be quoting a

Only you would be quoting a sick minded drug user. With your attitude, your might need the body armor at First Friday.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 04:56 am
Wow, it looks like I got

Wow, it looks like I got another fan club member. G'mornin to you too, kareyclark. Have a blissful day!

Trouble
Trouble 08/06/10 - 05:46 am
morning all

morning all

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 08/06/10 - 01:45 pm
Re: Jennifer Keeton. She may

Re: Jennifer Keeton. She may be a lovely young lady but if she can't walk in the real world, as far as counseling is concerned, then perhaps she needs to be in a cloistered environment. My EX husband (who professes to be a pastor) once made the statement to me that he would like to do counseling but could only counsel Christians. I was appalled. It was curious to me why he didn't think that perhaps non Christians might would need it most. From what I understand about Jesus, he didn't pick and choose.

corgimom
corgimom 08/06/10 - 07:11 am
Perdue loves Obama. Illegal

Perdue loves Obama. Illegal immigrants are the ones who work in Georgia poultry plants.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 07:13 am
corgimom - Do you volunteer

corgimom - Do you volunteer at poultry plants too in order to glean this "absolutely certain" fact?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 08/06/10 - 07:21 am
Real Clear Politics Poll Job

Real Clear Politics Poll
Job Approval Approve Disapprove Spread
Obama 44.9% 50.1% -5.2%
Congress 21.2% 72.2% -51.0%
Direction of Country Right Direction Wrong Track Spread
RCP Average 33.5% 61.3% -27.8%

Initial requests for jobless benefits rose last week to their highest level since April, a sign that hiring remains weak and some companies are still cutting workers.

The Labor Department said Thursday that new claims for unemployment insurance
rose by 19,000 to a seasonally adjusted 479,000. Analysts had expected a small drop. Claims have risen twice in the past three weeks.

The number of Americans receiving federal aid through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, soared to a record 40.8 million in May, according to government data released shortly before the Senate voted to cut billions from the food stamps budget.

The Senate voted Thursday to cut $12 billion from the program in order to help fund a $26 billion package to help states avoid teacher layoffs.

So far, he sucks.

Good morning and happy Friday, y'all.
Doc

Techfan
Techfan 08/06/10 - 07:24 am
"Only you would be quoting a

"Only you would be quoting a sick minded drug user." Judging by the number of posters that reference Limbaugh, Troy's not the only one.
"Kids, stay off of needle drugs. The only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon" Abbie Hoffman

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 08/06/10 - 07:26 am
So those who quote the

So those who quote the admitted abuser Obobblehead are no different. Get over it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/06/10 - 07:40 am
Good Morning America, Friends

Good Morning America, Friends and Foes.

Religion has consumed the R&R today so very little from me today. I do not debate religion unless you believe in a messiah who think it is God.

If I was Governor I wouldn't have meet the King SMCICBHO either.

An apology to corgimom, she didn't report my post. A word use to describe part of the human body that I misspelled deliberately was caught in the monitor cross hair.

Rant 2, That could be a subject to argue on but then again religion would come into the conversation. So no comment.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 07:48 am
I'll make sure I use

I'll make sure I use something from Dr Timothy Leary next week if it was this interesting. The message of the quote was to point out the advantage of not being a "messiah disciple" if you desire to maintain a "democracy".

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 08/06/10 - 07:48 am
Can I tell y'all a secret?

Can I tell y'all a secret? Aye and his wife attend First Friday frequently. Never had a single problem with anyone. Trouble finds those which seek it.

Maybe the gang bangers can tell I am blacker than they?

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 07:54 am
They probably take a look at

They probably take a look at the cute woman on your arm, then look at you, and assume it's a hostage situation and you have a gun to her back.......

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 08/06/10 - 07:58 am
ROFLMHHAO, Broner! Classic!

ROFLMHHAO, Broner! Classic!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 08/06/10 - 07:59 am
FYI: I am discriminated

FYI: I am discriminated against because I am left-handed.

Answer to yesterday's riddle

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 08/06/10 - 08:02 am
Okay, I must go contribute to

Okay, I must go contribute to the wonderful lifestyle of the "downtrodden":
3.5 BR House
1.5 ba
2 cars
2 or more color TV's
Subscription TV service
Cellphone

Yeah, downtrodden my DEM party symbol.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 08:07 am
That's pretty close, am I a

That's pretty close, am I a "downtrodden" too?

And here I was having such a groovy day until I found out....

courtneymom4
courtneymom4 08/06/10 - 09:27 am
True Christians are called to

True Christians are called to witness, we have our instructions for living our lives to Gods commands in the Bible and telling others about Jesus is what we have to do and want to do. No one can stop us, this country is still free and when it is not free we will find away. I will say this, Jesus is the son of God, born of the virgin Mary he was crucified for our sins, dead and buried he rose on the 3rd day and sittith at the right hand of God the father almighty. No one goes to heaven to God but through Jesus Christ. We will tell it to anyone who will listen and pray for anyone who chooses not to......

madneighbor
madneighbor 08/06/10 - 09:34 am
"With all due respect" you

"With all due respect" you obviously have never lost a loved one to a car crash. One year ago my 18 yr old nephew was killed on Mike Padgett Hwy and we not only put up a memorial on the side of the road, we painted a cross on the Hwy. It's something you do to ease the pain, to deal with the loss, to give comfort to others that are dealing with the loss. When you lose a loved one is such a sudden violent way, you deal with it anyway that you can and if our memorials bother you, look the other way.

bettyboop
bettyboop 08/06/10 - 09:37 am
Amen cm4!

Amen cm4!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/06/10 - 09:46 am
WOW....3 females on the

WOW....3 females on the Supreme Court...now we need corgi on there...how bout it corgi.....or ksl.......we need at least 4 more women to get this country going in the right direction & clean up the mess ..lol
Good am Augusta. :O)

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/06/10 - 09:51 am
At least the phone would get

At least the phone would get answered and the shopping might get done. You could have a point.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/06/10 - 09:53 am
The females will get this

The females will get this economy going again.....if youse guys will get off our backs about spending money! Go hunting-play golf or whatever ya'll do when we aren't around. ;)

seenitB4