Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

This is a rant for Augusta State University for wanting to kick Jennifer Keeton out of school because she stands up for what she believes in. If anybody should be kicked out, it's the people who put this on her.

I am so proud of Jennifer Keeton. Brave young lady. In this culture of Christian bashing and immorality she gives me hope.

Hurrah and raves for Jennifer Keeton for standing up for her religious rights and beliefs.

Would someone please explain to me how we could have won World War II in only four to five years but can't beat the Taliban and al - Qaida in nine years? It's time for us to give up and bring our people home. Enough lives have already been lost on two pieces of nothing.

I'm an employee at SRS. We do not need people building the Savannah River Site's new addition or Plant Vogtle if they cannot read English. You should not be allowed to work at these two nuclear sites if you cannot read or speak English.

Who is responsible for maintaining the median along the Bobby Jones Expressway? As many times as we have driven to and from Atlanta, I have never, never seen trash in the median like what we have along Bobby Jones. Tires, parts of cars, cardboard boxes, all kinds of things thrown out of a car.

Eugene Robinson sees no problem with the New Black Panther Party members standing in front of polling places with batons because they're a fringe group. So is the KKK. What would his reaction be if the folks standing in front of a polling place wore white sheets?

A rant to the MCG employees turning left onto San Sebastian from Telfair Street during rush hour. You are required by law to yield to oncoming vehicles. And yes, a bicycle is a vehicle, according to Georgia law. How will you feel when you run over a cyclist while breaking the law and chatting on your cell phone at the same time?

I was contacted by a telemarketer who identified himself as a representative of a pro-life campaign wanting money to oppose partial birth abortions. I asked what portion of the money went to operating expenses and how much went to the campaign? He said he did not have that information but referred me to a Web site and said I could give online. When I tried to go to the Web site this is what came up: POSSIBLE FRAUD ALERT "Deceptive" groups raise $3,000,000. It mentioned" Elect Life" and " Prolife Campaign"and said no leading pro-life organizations in Washington have heard of them or seen evidence of their work.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

tango123
tango123 07/26/10 - 11:22 pm
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about individuals who do not speak English at SRS. I wonder if you would have the same attitude if they were building your house so you could afford it at a reasonable price. Every major project around the CSRA have people that do not speak English doing the dirty work and their supervisors are the owners of very lucrative companies in the area. These people are here at the fact is that they are not going to go nowhere... So start getting used to them doing the work that some Americans refused to do ...

KSL
KSL 07/26/10 - 11:28 pm
tango, short answer. YES. Our

tango, short answer. YES. Our problem is that our country allows our very own citizens to sit on their behinds and not take the jobs due to generous welfare payments. If we didn't do that, your friends wouldn't have jobs. They would be taken.

What's amazing is that our country stupidly thinks that people can't make it on below minimum wage salaries and under the table salaries don't allow a living wage. But how on earth do illegals make enough to survive and then send some back home to Mexico??

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/27/10 - 12:04 am
"Cash on Delivery"...it's

"Cash on Delivery"...it's easier to do the math. No overdrafts...just a note in a calendar or design in a sketchbook..paper record is all required as proof of income or expenses.

I've previously commented w my opinions regarding the ASU lawsuit by this student and her belief system.

I bet if the ranter about BJE wanted to clean it up a call to the DOT might yield permission to help...resolve the issue instead of whining.

A lot of Augusta drivers are real jerks and clueless...did you blow your horn?..oh yeah, your vehicle don't require one by law...maybe it should.

I keep hearing these phone nightmares on the RnR's..I never get bad calls...not even wrong numbers...I wonder why.

That's almost all I'm sayin'...It's Two-s Day so both good and bad will come in pairs...Jupiter has been busy this week and yesterday, Saturn opposed Uranus again..signs in the heavens is all I'm sayin'. Today Mercury enters Virgo so communications will likely step it up a notch..I'll TTYL say oneish...G'day.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/27/10 - 07:47 am
hmm, has everybody been

hmm, has everybody been banned?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/27/10 - 08:28 am
Wikileaks! Am I the only

Wikileaks! Am I the only person who thinks someone should be actively pursued and prosecuted. If the person who posted all the information is military they should be tried for treason. All the hype has been about what damage it could do to the Government. What about the people with boots on the ground who will lose their lives because of it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/27/10 - 08:37 am
Uh CBBP, stop and think about

Uh CBBP, stop and think about who is in government now. If they gave a damn about boots on the ground congress would shut up, sit down, and let the generals run the war. Congress voted the generals to that rank,in essence saying we have the confidence in you to run the military. Well congress, if you have that much confidence in them let them do their job.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/27/10 - 08:49 am
The Generals Congress voted

The Generals Congress voted into that rank, are just like Obama's Czars. Look what happened to McChrystal!

corgimom
corgimom 07/27/10 - 09:03 am
KSL- "But how on earth do

KSL- "But how on earth do illegals make enough to survive and then send some back home to Mexico??"

They pack 20 of them in a house and they eat beans, rice, and tortillas, 3 meals a day, just like they do back home. We feed them for free with food stamps and give them free medical care, so they have money to send back home.

happychimer
happychimer 07/27/10 - 09:54 am
MSNBC is reporting....Army

MSNBC is reporting....Army private eyed as source in Wikileaks scandal

dani
dani 07/27/10 - 10:38 am
KSL is right. There is no

KSL is right. There is no reason the entitlement crowd can't do the same thing. It would certainly be better than welfare payments.

dani
dani 07/27/10 - 10:40 am
happychimer...MSNBC?

happychimer...MSNBC? BTW, that report was out yesterday.

happychimer
happychimer 07/27/10 - 11:02 am
dani I read it this morning,

dani I read it this morning, and I did not see it yesterday.If the story was out yesterday, that's good.

happychimer
happychimer 07/27/10 - 11:21 am
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/27/10 - 11:15 am
And if he actually put the

And if he actually put the info out there he should be SHOT!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/27/10 - 11:33 am
I find it hard to believe

I find it hard to believe that a private, even working in intelligence, would have the access or means to extract and disseminate that kind of info. That is unless he hacked into the system. If that is the case, see CBBP's post above this one.

countyman
19545
countyman 07/27/10 - 11:38 am
Augusta already has the 7th

Augusta already has the 7th best economy according to Metro Monitor.... More good economic news for the area.... 2010 best mid-size cities for job growth.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/27/10 - 11:37 am
Miss Keeton needs to finish

Miss Keeton needs to finish her degree playing by ASU's rules. If she must make her statement perhaps she should look into Liberty University or Bob Jones University. Both are excellent Christian schools.

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 07/27/10 - 11:38 am
Can't believe a private has

Can't believe a private has access to classified documents. If he had this access and handed them over to a such an activist site as wikileaks, he should be charged with treason against the USA. Then shot!

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 07/27/10 - 11:41 am
Hi RK, didnt see your comment

Hi RK, didnt see your comment before I made mine, lol. Seems we think alike. Bet he did hack into gov't computers.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 07/27/10 - 11:42 am
Good AM all! Can't wait until

Good AM all! Can't wait until Thursday! The full report on Charlie Rangel's charges comes out, and the AZ 1070 law goes into effect, unless blocked by the judge.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/27/10 - 11:42 am
And crime going up everyday.

And crime going up everyday.

If something about the crime isn't done you will see a trend of LOOSING jobs in the Augusta area.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/27/10 - 11:45 am
stg, that is why you are the

stg, that is why you are the newest addition to my "girlfriends" list. BTW, you are in very good company. I am really picky!!!

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 07/27/10 - 11:55 am
Hey, thanks. Nice to be on

Hey, thanks. Nice to be on your picky list! I have, as the new gal on the block, been very well accepted. Has done wonders for my ego, lol.

countyman
19545
countyman 07/27/10 - 12:04 pm
The article said aggravated

The article said aggravated assaults are up(one type of crime)... You can find certain crimes who are up in any county across the CSRA. Burgalries, robberies, and break-ins are up in Columbia and Aiken counties since 2009.. But those counties similar to Richmond have had other crimes decrease since 2009....

I notice the article said narcotics, forgery, theft, armed and other robberies decreased in Richmond County.....

Straight from the city's website.... People can pick and chose certain crimes who are up, but the overall crime rate is still down....

Jan 422, Feb 380, March 462, April 422, May 427, June 432.... There were less arrest made in June, May, and April compared to March of this year....

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 07/27/10 - 12:13 pm
I was contacted by a

I give no money over the phone. No telling who they are. Tell them to send you something via mail if you think you might want to contribute to a cause.

dani
dani 07/27/10 - 12:22 pm
I saw a clip last evening of

I saw a clip last evening of an interview with the father of the private who is believed to have hacked into the system. You have to feel for the family of this young man - if indeed, he is guilty.

usafvet
usafvet 07/27/10 - 12:22 pm
I made the statement on

I made the statement on another article, so I am reiterating, It is my opinion that Countyman could fool a lie detector.

dani
dani 07/27/10 - 12:27 pm
I had such a call. When

I had such a call. When asked if I was pro-life, I immediately disconnected. I refuse to give them the satisfaction of listening to their drivel..

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/27/10 - 12:52 pm
1 thru 3 Hoorah for

1 thru 3 Hoorah for Jennifer, fighting our Government funded anti-christian schools that brainwash our children. Next, if they're not already, will be pushing Islam and singing the praises about the Prophet Mohammed that married a 9 year old little girl.

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 07/27/10 - 01:14 pm
CrackerJack, according to Ga

CrackerJack, according to Ga Professional Standards, we have to teach them about Islam and its impact on the world stage. I dont remember having to study Islam when I was in school. Hope the Dept of Ed doesnt change this standard to singing its praises.

Goat project looking good

In just more than a week since nine goats were assigned to eat overgrown vegetation at an Augusta detention pond, officials and area residents are already noticing a difference.