Woman, granddaughters OK after car wreck

Columbia County accident happened on Hereford Farm Road

A Grovetown woman and her two granddaughters escaped a wreck without serious injuries Friday when the woman's car flipped on Hereford Farm Road.

Teresa Crawford, 52, was driving east around a curve on Hereford Farm Road at about 12:15 p.m. when her vehicle drifted off the road near the entrance of the Crawford Creek subdivision, Columbia County sheriff's Deputy Ty Mobley said.

Crawford over-corrected and skidded across Hereford Farm Road before her 2003 Chevrolet Impala flipped on the side of the road, Mobley said. No other vehicles were involved in the wreck.

Crawford's two grandchildren, ages 5 and 9, were in the back seat of the car and didn't require medical attention, Mobley said. Crawford was taken to the Medical College of Georgia Hospital with minor injuries.

Crawford and the children were wearing seat belts, Mobley said.

KingJames
KingJames 07/16/10 - 02:25 pm
Seatbelts save lives!

Seatbelts save lives!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/16/10 - 02:39 pm

Thank goodness everyone is OK.

dixiebelle30824
dixiebelle30824 07/16/10 - 02:43 pm
Amen!!! Seatbelts DO save

Amen!!! Seatbelts DO save lives!!!!

rmajor
rmajor 07/16/10 - 03:08 pm
Just do it! Wonderful

Just do it! Wonderful ending:)

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 07/16/10 - 03:21 pm
Glad everyone is ok. Thank

Glad everyone is ok. Thank you Lord!!! So glad they were wearing their belts also, kids didn't even require medical attention!!! It seems like such a common sense thing to do, but so many fail to do it, even with kids involved and then you have some hardheaded kids who keep taking them off!! Good job kids and grandma!!! *\o/**\o/**\o/*

grouse
grouse 07/16/10 - 06:15 pm
The lord wasn't involved.

The lord wasn't involved. Good grief!

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/16/10 - 06:43 pm
It's ok grouse...God loves

It's ok grouse...God loves you anyway.............

C.C Native
C.C Native 07/16/10 - 07:42 pm
Actually, he was involved as

Actually, he was involved as far as she was concerned. Once the guys on the other side of the car got her grandkids out through the half rolled down car window and we were able to open the door behind her and crawl in to make sure she was ok, she told me she was praying while the fire dept was in route.

mamamia3
mamamia3 07/19/10 - 11:35 am
A couple were airlifted about

A couple were airlifted about a month ago as a result of a serious car accident in front of this same subdivision. People drive entirely too fast on Hereford Farm Road and more accidents are inevitable if something isn't done to slow people down. The speed limit is 45 and people drive like it is the interestate. Slow down people!

tracybyrd930
tracybyrd930 07/20/10 - 02:14 pm
i am the mother of the two

i am the mother of the two grandkids and the daughter of the grandmother. I want to thank everyone that was on the scene that day. Everyone was absolutely wonderful. and as for the one who said that God wasnt involved, your wrong because god is involved in everything.

tracybyrd930
tracybyrd930 07/20/10 - 02:21 pm
thank u .well we are alright

thank u .well we are alright .i want to give thanks to mrs.PEACE & HER SON .BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tracybyrd930
tracybyrd930 07/20/10 - 02:32 pm
I would like to take this

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on the scene the day I rolled over my Impala with my 2 Grandchildren in the car. I came out with many bruises and contusions but otherwise was fine. I wish there was some way I could meet with those of you who comforted me and reassured me I was going to be fine as I was lying with my head on the roof and my body hanging upside down from a seatbelt. I just can't express how much ya'll mean to me. Many Many Thanks,
Teresa Crawford, McPeters--706-863-6047