Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT against Congress and all of the politicians out there. I've worked all my life and I've lost my job and I've been receiving unemployment. Now my unemployment's about to run out after three months. Only three months. And there is no extension. Don't you think it's really wonderful the way my family has to suffer? Meanwhile, millions of people have to suffer. Instead of taking care of other countries, it's time the United States takes care of its own. Buy American and take care of us Americans. We worked all our lives to make this country what it is. And we would like to have unemployment or a job.

THIS IS A RAVE to The Chronicle for putting the wonderful article and pictures of the snakes in the paper recently and a rant to the person who sent that ignorant rant in to you about snakes. I am 80 years old. I go hiking. I love snakes. I put pictures like that in my backpack when I go in case someone along the trail thinks he has been bitten by a poisonous snake. Snakes eat mosquitoes and other bugs that might be detrimental to our environment.

THIS IS A RAVE for the snake article. It was very good. The pictures help one be able to identify the snakes. Thank you very much.

A RANT FOR the person who was grossed out about the picture of snakes. Please do us all a favor and stay inside your house forever and ever. A rave for The Chronicle for educating the rest of us.

THIS IS A RAVE. I am a 90-year-old woman. I would like to see a woman as mayor. But Deke Copenhaver is doing a good job. We just need to cooperate with that man and work with him. When he took office, there was so much dissension. Let's wait for our woman mayor. Keep Copenhaver in there.

THIS IS A READER that's been there for y'all for 33 years. Please put our Mini Page back in. And by the way, I don't have a computer. I'm an old woman.

I'M CALLING concerning all the murders going on in Augusta, especially the east side, in just the past month. The news media are really not letting us know what's going on. Is a serial killer in the area, or what is it? We want to know what's going on.

I DID NOT VOTE for, nor cared much for Bill Clinton as president. I never thought I would say this, but looking back and comparing him with what we have now, Clinton was wonderful.

DRIVING HABITS tell a lot about a person. When my family and I ride down the road and we see someone in the left lane blocking traffic or weaving, etc., we play "cell phone or older driver?" Most of the time it is a cell phone. Your phone call is not more important than my family.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/13/10 - 10:50 pm
Question to ranter one: There

Question to ranter one: There are jobs out there, how many are you willing to take instead of a check at taxpayer expense?

Snakes are cooool...cold blooded in fact. So on hot days count on seeing one...saw one in my back yard while walking the dog...looked like a pigmy rattler but he got away. Saw a king snake last year right outside the back door...I guess he moved on. Have some great pix of water snakes down by the canal. I wish they ate squirrels...they dig too many holes in my yard. And I don't need photos in my pocket..it's relatively easy to ID one if you do just a little homework.

At 90 I guess I won't care...glad you still have all your scruples.

I doubt they will. But you got your rant printed. At least someone paid attention to your complaint.

Why would the news media want to make Augusta look bad when countyman says everything is so 'peachy' here....we do have a great economy, plenty of jobs, and lots of crime to go w it...It's Augusta. Has there ever been anything else? Not in my lifetime. There's a lot of hate here...and ignorance.

Gotta agree..free Willy.

What is this fascination w always talking on the phone? Back in the day we had to use pay phones if the call was that important. Hang up and drive you morons!

Th-th-that's all folks!...

G'day.

speeding
speeding 07/13/10 - 10:55 pm
This is a rant to the person

This is a rant to the person at the ac who keeps playing around with photos that are downloaded for profiles and id's. You best find some other entertainment to get you through the night or shift.

80proof
80proof 07/14/10 - 01:07 am
I would like to try break it

I would like to try break it down but I think...

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sums it all up.

80proof
80proof 07/14/10 - 01:08 am
And now I hear thunder.

And now I hear thunder. Sweet!

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 07/14/10 - 01:33 am
Stop your whining and

Stop your whining and complaining as 3 months is more than enough for unemployment benefits. You may not like the jobs and/or work currently available but it is available. Since you can read the chronicle, you can also see the many listings in the paper and online. If that doesn't work, drive down Washington Road and there are plenty of jobs available and help wanted signs. Sure, they may be $10.00 or so per hour but if you need to feed your family the don't rely on the government or taxpayers to do your job for you. Way to many on unemployment have cablevision, cell phones, etc. and other non-essential items while they expect to receive government benefits for not working. The US is going broke so become part of the solution, not part of the problem. Family, Friends, Charity, Churches, etc. are out there to help those who help theirselves and it should not be the responsibility of the US taxpayer to pay your bills or anything else. On a side note though, I do agree that we should also not be sending our tax money overseas to help others when we are unable to handle our own problems - again, that is the job of charities not taxpayers. This administration has brought forth more Americans who believe they are owed or are entitled to something for nothing vs. personal responsibility and acountibility and it is greatly hurting America. From Obama to Pelosi, Reid and Frank, they all need to be gone along with entitlements. It is one thing for those who can't work such as the truely handicapped (although many of them do more than others) but for those who simply aren't working, 3 months of checks from taxpayers for not working is more than enough.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 01:56 am
Morning 80. Maybe you can

Morning 80. Maybe you can answer this question. When I "Press 1 for English" why can't I understand the person on the other end?????

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 02:52 am
Clinton is certainly

Clinton is certainly wonderful in comparison. It's when the "voter's regret" liberals start admitting that Obama is making Carter look competent that I start to chuckle....

carcraft
carcraft 07/14/10 - 04:30 am
If I lost my job I have about

If I lost my job I have about 3 months in the bank and about 3 months unemployment after that? Buy American..LOL., between taxes, government regulation and the union that is a stretch, made in China the emerging industrial gaint!!

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 04:47 am
A RANT to "Club Gitmo"! It

A RANT to "Club Gitmo"! It needs to be closed, but not for the reasons many believe.

Here is a story describing the "deplorable conditions" at the facility. I think CobaltGeorge especially will just "love" it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/14/10 - 05:15 am
Good Morning America, Friends

Good Morning America, Friends and Foes.

What the hell Troy, if you had the power that the SMCICBHO has and had your family members and all your close friends in prison, wouldn't you do the same!

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 05:24 am
CG - You read my mind.....

CG - You read my mind..... "Don't throw me in that brier patch!"

corgimom
corgimom 07/14/10 - 05:28 am
RK-"When I "Press 1 for

RK-"When I "Press 1 for English" why can't I understand the person on the other end?????"

You should hear Mr. Corgidad on the phone with the Indians- he doesn't hear well and can't understand a word they say, it is hysterical to watch. The entire conversation consists of him saying, "I can't understand you...I'm sorry, repeat that...Do you have someone there that speaks English, American English...No, not INDIAN ENGLISH, AMERICAN ENGLISH...Yes, I UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, I'M AN AMERICAN, BUT NO, I'M NOT INDIAN...." Finally they both give up, he slams the phone down, and meanwhile, I am ROTFLMAO!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/14/10 - 05:29 am
Troy, you know me by now and

Troy, you know me by now and I wouldn't do that to any Friend or Foe.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 05:31 am
This launguage barrier thing

This launguage barrier thing is one of the main selling points for Vision Computers. Featured prominently in their radio ads is the phrase "100% US-based tech support". Of course I sometimes encounter similar problems with the local Comcast call-center employees.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 05:32 am
CG - Feel free to send me to

CG - Feel free to send me to Gitmo. I'll call every night and send post cards.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/14/10 - 05:35 am
Good Morning corgimom, I too

Good Morning corgimom, I too am ROTFLMAO. You have just described me to a "T". I have done that so many times, ask anyone who knows me.

corgimom
corgimom 07/14/10 - 05:38 am
Asitis- Great post.

Asitis- Great post.

Martinez
Martinez 07/14/10 - 06:18 am
To the East Augusta person

To the East Augusta person "We want to know what's going on"..........What's going on is a morally corrupt generation of youth with no hope or motivation for the future. What's going on is neighbors who turn a blind eye to crime. Parents who turn a blind eye to their children. But you didn't need the media, police or me to tell you that. Unless you're blind, what's going on is pretty obvious.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 06:26 am
Good Morning Awguster......

Good Morning Awguster...... my entry for the day... this is not your private chat room

Martinez
Martinez 07/14/10 - 06:19 am
I call BS on "And by the way,

I call BS on "And by the way, I don't have a computer. I'm an old woman." ......... if an old woman without a computer, what would motivate her to say it ..... sounds to me like someone who writes on here complaining about "What about people without a computer".

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 06:24 am
Just once I would like to

Just once I would like to hear, "For English press one, Para la prensa deportación inmediata dos"

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 07/14/10 - 06:35 am
I dont speak Spanish, but I

I dont speak Spanish, but I think Roadkill has it right. :)

Trouble
Trouble 07/14/10 - 06:39 am
morning all

morning all

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 06:45 am
A woman just called RCSO to

A woman just called RCSO to report "suspcious individuals" walking down the street in front of her house. When the deputy got there he found an inmate work crew, in prison attire under the supervision of an armed guard, pickng up litter. Sheeesh, some folks.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 07:00 am
Everyone please feel free to

Everyone please feel free to copy and send to Sen Reid and other members of Congress. Just make necessary changes such as number of grandchildren and name. Don't want people thinking I have multiple personalities.

Senator,

It is my understanding that you intend to call for a vote on the "Wall Street Reform Bill" before the end of the week. Sir, how can you in good conscience call for a vote on a 2315 page document before members of congress have a chance to read it. It seems the bill is full of "we will fill in the blanks later." If that is really the way you want to run this ONCE great country, send me a "fill in the blank check". I promise I will not raise the national deficit more than $1,000,000,000.00. Please sir, stop the spending. I have 3 grandchildren so far that YOU are spending into bankruptcy before they are out of elementary school.

Sincerely,

Jerry Parsons

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 06:48 am
And now everybody knows who I

And now everybody knows who I am. Let the insults fly!!!

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 06:49 am
You can do it if it makes you

You can do it if it makes you feel better, however his office doesn't accept/acknowledge/read letters or emails from anybody that is not one of his Nevada constituents.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 06:52 am
I have gotten responses from

I have gotten responses from his office on other issues, computer generated of course. Standard "thank you for you interest" format.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/14/10 - 06:54 am
Friends and foes, this is

Friends and foes, this is just one way we can make this country great again. If enough "squeaky wheels" will call, write, email congress maybe one day they will get the message.

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 07/14/10 - 06:55 am
I can forward you the recent

I can forward you the recent ones I've received that say "Due to extreme volume, we are unfortunately not able to process correspondence from outside Nevada"

Ex-superintendent to write of miraculous recovery

Taking his doctor's advice, former Richmond County school superintendent Frank Roberson has nearly finished writing a 150-page book about his remarkable recovery from brain trauma.