Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANTER attempted to use Sen. Robert Byrd's career as an argument for term limits with a weak complaint that we made the senator rich. While Sen. Byrd may have appeared to be an ignorant, bigoted hill boy at the beginning of his political career, he was no self-serving, prevaricating money grubber. He educated himself, grew and developed into a fine politician who put his constituents first while working with righteous colleagues who had also grown with the job to do what was best for his country.

COUNTY EMPLOYEES are paying with furlough days for the $850,000 lawsuit X-Mart had against the county. How many more lawsuits are the employees going to be paying for next year? If it gets bad, we will be paying with two days a month.

THE KROC CENTER is going up. Now let's get Broad Street, Crawford Avenue and Eve Street paved. Put up nice lights (like the ones on Laney-Walker) on these streets to show off the Kroc Center. No one will want to go to the Kroc Center with that area looking nasty and rundown.

I HOPE the voters in Corey Johnson's district stand up for him and put him in for another term. If Marion Williams gets elected he will be worse than he was the last time. Corey Johnson has done a very good job, and he is not all mouth.

FEDERAL STIMULUS (taxpayer) funds to expand high- speed Internet access? This surely will create high-paid permanent jobs and the recession will end! This use of so-called stimulus money clearly shows why many of us are angry with this administration full of activists who have never managed or supervised anything on the main street they talk about.

THANK YOU, Chronicle, for the happy Fourth of July. Is there any chance of someone at the paper learning the correct way to display the flag? The blue field, with the stars, should always be in the upper left, not the upper right.

A RANT to the rude person who considers those of us not supporting Obama idiots. Those of us who don't like him see what he is doing to this country, and that is the reason for our opposition.

TO THE DRIVER of the red car who ran the red light at Gordon Highway and Wheeless Road around 1:30 p.m. Sunday: It was a miracle you did not cause a very serious wreck. When is this town going to install cameras to try to stop this continuous running of red lights and speeding? Don't try to tell me there is no money. From what I see every day, these cameras would pay for themselves in a week.

Tell us what you think
crackerjack
crackerjack 07/06/10 - 01:20 am
While Sen. Byrd may have

While Sen. Byrd may have appeared to be an ignorant, bigoted hill boy..........I've got news for you bubba, he was a bigoted Klansman, and good riddance. I just hope he can stand the heat. NOT!

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 01:36 am
crackerjack - No worries,

crackerjack - No worries, he'll just make a seance call to his old buddies on the appropriations committee and get a cooling system installed in his little corner of hades at US taxpayer expense.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/06/10 - 01:39 am
County Employee... be

County Employee... be thankful that you're just furloughed, and still have a job. If the County hadn't spent so much money on worthless studies, X-Mart, Chiquita, Dr. Larke, $25,000 stolen, and why don't you blame the powers-that-be to fire the time-card bandits that should have been working, but defrauded the system. They must have been good-old-boys, because they still have their job, and probably haven't been furlouged. Quit whining,and put the BLAME where it belongs.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/06/10 - 01:41 am
Carlos, I hope he gets an Air

Carlos, I hope he gets an Air Conditioner with no place to plug it in.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/06/10 - 01:42 am
Corey Johnson is doing a

Corey Johnson is doing a great job, I just hope the voters realize that.

countyman
19711
countyman 07/06/10 - 03:25 am
I agree Corey Johnson has

I agree Corey Johnson has done a good job. I doubt the election between him and Marion is going to be close.

The $100 million Kroc Center is definitely going to have lights all around. Don't forget the First Stop Center, Martha Lester school(residential/commercial) Eve Street Row(new housing) and Broad Mill Village(new housing) are going near the Kroc Center too. You're talking about a whole diffrent area in 2011. The side of Harrisburg between Eve street and 15th street. Will start to look like the side of Harrisburg between Eve street and the Hill. Low-crime, beautiful homes, nice lawns, etc...

South Augusta is on a roll big time. The $25 million Vactioational high school near Augusta Tech. The $100 million Bottletek facility is coming soon(100 high paying jobs). The new tennis center is Diamond Lakes Park. The new marhsall's office going on Dover street. The brand new neighborhood Richmond Estates was the fastest selling neighborhood(under 50 homes) in 2009 in the CSRA. Now the second phase Grandwood Estates is selling like hotcakes. The neighborhood is much larger than 50 homes today.

countyman
19711
countyman 07/06/10 - 02:30 am
I agree with the poster, how

I agree with the poster, how the streelights in Laney Walker are very nice. Laney Walker is going to be a trendy area in the future. Laney Walker is near the CBD and the Medical District... The new homes, streelights, roads, neighborhoods, townhomes, etc are beautiful.. The Enclave has $300k townhomes with private elevators in them. The crime in Laney Walker has dropped significantly, because of the gentrified areas. Augusta is still behind other larger cities when it comes to gentrification. But were starting to get on the right track. Gilbert Manor, Laney Walker, Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Underwood homes, Millegeville road near Wheeles road, etc. They all have millions being invested into them.

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 03:04 am
Here is a current (0300L)

Here is a current (0300L) update for countyman.

RCSO just assigned case number 127,648 for calendar year 2010.

I'm sure glad things are all quiet and under control.

countyman
19711
countyman 07/06/10 - 03:41 am
Does anybody notice certain

Does anybody notice certain CC posters love to post stats about RC frequently? It's getting old and tiresome. You never see people on here who live in RC post crime stats about CC? Probably because they don't really care.

When you point the finger, three more are pointed back at you... Burglaries and car break-ins are up in CC.

The news doesn't even report 1/4 of the crime that happens in Columbia county. I'm sure glad things are all quiet and under control lol. According to the link below you need to be worrying about the crime in your own county.

mrrhodes89
mrrhodes89 07/06/10 - 03:26 am
I'm wondering, what happens

I'm wondering, what happens to those forced out because of gentrification? They have to go somewhere.

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 03:42 am
countyman - I can choose to

countyman - I can choose to listen to the CCSO dispatch radio frequencies, they are available to me. However, it's really boring. There is rarely a dull moment listening to RCSO. For somebody who doesn't care about CC crime stats, that was an impressive list you just furnished. Thanks for the laughs!

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/06/10 - 03:47 am
I doubt seriously if the late

I doubt seriously if the late Sen Byrd got rich, but his life was enriched at taxpayer expense, for his entire tenure his contacts made via the office secured him in a degree of wealth he would otherwise not have achieved had he not been constantly re-elected.

It's a shame so many suffer for poor leadership and the willful waste of the greedy and selfish few.

I'm quite sure the area will get its facelift eventually, otherwise investors would not have chosen the site in the first place had it not presented an economic opportunity.

Noted.

If the HS Internet is not available everywhere then how will the media be guided to deceive the public into believing the anti-Christ is 'god'?

Good point.

We will one day have to account for every idle word spoken.

But they have to pay folks to monitor these cameras...and they don't have money for salaries...they keep too many undeserving employees cuz they're GOB's.

That's it.
Now the work week will be shorter for some so work hard, stay cool and wet, and w the Taurus moon in play, today's a good gardening or lawn day....It's also Two's Day, so remember to pick a pair when you buy, and share...show your love...and be thankful you have something to do today...there are many who don't and wish they did.
G'day.

countyman
19711
countyman 07/06/10 - 03:57 am
Whatever, I don't feel like

Whatever, I don't feel like getting into a RC vs CC. I posted the CC crime stats on here. After you posted the stats on RC earlier. And this is not the first time you've done it. I only wanted to show you what happens when you point the finger. Did you actually look at the map I provided? It only showed the crimes committed in May and June. Two months had the whole map full, so CCSO dispatch is not boring at all. And Richmond County is 100k larger than Columbia county.. I've never seen you post AC, MC, BC, or EC crime stats on here. Last time I checked they're apart of the metro too.

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 03:56 am
countyman - I've never seen

countyman - I've never seen you address the legitimate questions and concerns many RC residents have presented to you with anything other than attempted deflections and more flowery sugar-coated "projections". I can't take ANYthing you say seriously any more. I have the feeling that I'm not alone in this. Have a blissful day.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/06/10 - 03:57 am
Hey Doc, when you get up, ask

Hey Doc, when you get up, ask yourself this one question: Do I want to get me a "Maker-bot"?...wondered if you caught the news item on that one...it's a kit though so you'll have to assemble it. The story says it won't be long before every household in America will want one....I'm gonna wait'n'see on that one.

countyman
19711
countyman 07/06/10 - 04:10 am
Can you name those ''many''

Can you name those ''many'' RC residents?

I've never seen you address the legitimate questions and concerns CC residents talk about on here.. I can't take ANYthing you say seriously anymore.

Attemped deflections? Like saying CCSO dispatch is boring, even though 2 months had the whole map full of crimes lol..

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 04:15 am
Yes 2nd paragraph -

2nd paragraph - deflection attempt

3rd paragraph - game over - my point is proven - I win.

I'm done with you.

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 04:20 am
"So far is it from being true

"So far is it from being true that men are naturally equal, that no two people can be half an hour together, but one shall acquire an evident superiority over the other."
- Samuel Johnson

I'd like to wish a "special" G'mornin' to the posters who continue to obsess and fantasize about me hours after I've stopped posting, left my computer and gone to bed. It's always nice to see all the "love notes" when I wake up.

So y'all have a blissful day!

This w00t!'s for you!

Please try and remember "It's not about the posters, it's about their posts"

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/06/10 - 04:20 am
"The intermediate stage

"The intermediate stage between socialism and capitalism is alcoholism."

-- Norman Brenner

Trouble
Trouble 07/06/10 - 05:41 am
morning all

morning all

1941
1941 07/06/10 - 05:47 am
It is amazing that the people

It is amazing that the people who do not like the president, can see how he is ruining the country in less than two years, and they could not see how George Bush ran the country in the toliet for eight years!!!!

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/06/10 - 06:05 am
I don't think what President

I don't think what President Bush 43 did has any bearing on the lies and false promises currently being told by "We will change things" Obama. I know you won't remember the right-wing complaints about Bush's spending policies, but they were out there.

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/06/10 - 07:42 am
marion williams back on the

marion williams back on the commission? = Augusta moving backwards......................We who oppose barry and his anti-American policies are going to save our Country...don't be a sheeple.

dichotomy
31990
dichotomy 07/06/10 - 07:53 am
Hey countyman. I live in

Hey countyman. I live in south Richmond county. I pay residential taxes on my vacant acreage due to forced rezoning. This is the same land on which your consultant now wants to "limit density". I pay much higher trash collection fees on my forced garbage collection than your favored status city residents. You've raised my property valuations 3 times in the past four years going into the worst housing market and economic depression in 30 years. I've got no sewer or natural gas. It takes 15 minutes to get a cop, fire truck, or ambulance. The roads need paving. The right-of-ways are waste deep in weeds and trash. I've started referring to this area as "little Korea" because it is an undeclared war zone. I have to carry a gun to go to the gas station, hardware store, or restaurant. The only time the county does anything for me is when it is time to mail out property tax raises and ad-valorem tax bills. So tell me again why I should be excited about street lights, Kroc Center, Laney Walker, and TEE Center. You take our taxes and you give us nothing, zero, zilch. And your draft "plan" says you don't plan to give us anything for the foreseeable future. In fact it says you plan to discourage development south of Spirit Creek. RC should "free your people" from Consolidation in south RC because we are nothing more than your tax slaves. We are in a worse position than illegal aliens out here. They can at least apply for public assistance.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/06/10 - 07:59 am
Good morning folks. Happy

Good morning folks. Happy Tuesday.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/06/10 - 08:05 am
A RANTER attempted to use

A RANTER attempted to use Sen. Robert Byrd's career as an argument for term limitsThe ranter was correct. Byrd is merely the poster child for all the crooks in DC.

COUNTY EMPLOYEES are paying with furlough days as the spouse of a RC employee, I attest there are literally HUNDREDS of people ripping off the county with excessive PAID sick days, unauthourized staff making $70k, and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo

THE KROC CENTER is going up. Now let's get Broad Street, Crawford Avenue and Eve Street paved. "let's"? You have mouse in back pocket?

I HOPE the voters in Corey Johnson's district stand up for him and put him in for another term. No dog in this hunt.

FEDERAL STIMULUS (taxpayer) funds to expand high- speed Internet access? High speed internet access is available to 100% of the US population NOW. The thing Obama doesn't like? It isn't FREE.

THANK YOU, Chronicle, for the happy Fourth of July. Is there any chance of someone at the paper learning the correct way to display the flag? Disgraceful.

A RANT to the rude person who considers those of us not supporting Obama idiots. It's called "Obomo Denial Syndrome".

TO THE DRIVER of the red car who ran the red light at Gordon Highway and Wheeless Road around 1:30 p.m. Sunday: It was a miracle you did not cause a very serious wreck. When is this town going to install cameras to try to stop this continuous running of red lights and speeding? Don't try to tell this idiot anything at all.

That's what I got, I gots no mo.
Doc

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/06/10 - 08:15 am
Hey Doc, when you get up, ask

_____________________________

fontana
fontana 07/06/10 - 08:34 am
Byrd should pack for warm

Byrd should pack for warm weather. Tell Teddy hello for us when you arrive.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/06/10 - 08:37 am
Good Morning America, Friends

Good Morning America, Friends and Foes.

Ah yes , Change we all want! (Not intended for the uneducated Americans and lovers of our great SMCICBHO)

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT OUR PAYCHECKS WILL BE DEPOSITED INTO A COMMUNITY ACCOUNT AND THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE GIVING US AN ALLOWANCE!

LET'S KICK HER NOW BEFORE SHE DOES FURTHER DAMAGE!! WHAT AN IDIOT!!

WHERE DO WE GET THESE MORONS?

Windfall Tax on Retirement Income

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below................

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement.. This woman is a nut case! You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds! Alas, it is true ------ AND AFTER 2010 SHE WANTS 55 PERCENT ON YOUR INHERITANCE---- THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAXED ON!

This woman is frightening. She quotes...' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this?), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.'

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied:
'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities.. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Democrats'.'

(Read that quote again and again and let it sink in.) 'Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it'.

Send it on to your friends. I just did!! This lady is out of her mind and she is the speaker of the house Third in line to be President!!!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/06/10 - 08:42 am
As always dichotomy, spoken

As always dichotomy, spoken with true feelings and intelligence. I think you need to form a small organization against the RC countyman dictator.