Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

This is a RANT for The Augusta Chronicle. I have been a subscriber for over 10 years, and about a year ago you cut the Carolina section from the Sunday paper. Why? It wasn't a huge section, and I'm sure you have thousands of customers in the North Augusta-Aiken area. I have called and talked to employees at The Chronicle who didn't realize the section was gone. They told me they would check into it, but it's been months and nothing has changed.

I have to wonder about how we are going to enforce our new law against texting while driving when I pass a state representative, or so his license tag indicates, on Tobacco Road and he is text-ing while driving.

Augustans, don't be short-sighted in regard to the baseball stadium. I came from another part of the country where the downtown area had many store vacancies (like Augusta) and nothing to drive people and tourists there. After a baseball stadium was brought to town, there was a revitalization of the area. Businesses prospered and new ones were encouraged to set up shop. Are you so much against a baseball stadium that you don't want Augusta to prosper? Do your homework before you decide what is and is not good for the city.

Raves to the Ranter who knows we need term limits on government jobs. One addition to that idea is to not give any office holder a six-year job. Limit each job to two years, with no chance to run for the same office. Remember how the inventors of democracy, the ancient Greeks, kept their leaders in line. The president of the city-state held that office for one day.

University of Georgia Athletic Director Evans blew it big time. Evans apologized, but he wants to keep his job, and presumably his wife. How sad for her.

People, stop bringing your 2-year-olds to the library and letting them run around yelling and pulling books off the shelves while you walk around saying "sh h h." There are actually people who go to the library to study because it is supposed to be a quiet environment. If you insist on bringing your kids, then stay in the kids section.

I was glad to read in the rants that we were not the only ones who were not amused with the patriotic presentation at Abilene Baptist. It appears they were more focused on orchestrating a grand prank than honoring the veterans, the fallen, the wounded and the active military.

This is a response to the person who talked about school bus drivers speeding and running stop signs. If you pay that much attention to the school buses, then I know you see yourself and other drivers who don't stop for school buses, cut in front of school buses and bus stops, all sorts of things.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/04/10 - 10:36 pm
School Bus Driver.......Bad

School Bus Driver.......Bad behavior by others don't excuse your bad habits.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/04/10 - 10:38 pm
Now Deke, we know you wrote

Now Deke, we know you wrote that first one about the stadium.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/04/10 - 10:40 pm
State Representatives have

State Representatives have idiotic immunity.

80proof
80proof 07/04/10 - 11:41 pm
Sorry I missed the gang

Sorry I missed the gang yesterday. I was playing with 3 little girls between the ages of 4 and 7. Boy oh Boy did we have fun with the slip n slide kiddie pool and dogs! Oh and did I mention the water balloons?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/05/10 - 12:52 am
Keep texting and driving.

Keep texting and driving. EMT's, hospital personnel, and funeral directors need jobs too.

80proof
80proof 07/05/10 - 12:53 am
I drive a manual don't even

I drive a manual don't even talk and drive, much less text.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/05/10 - 12:59 am
Good Morning 80, and the rest

Good Morning 80, and the rest of Awguster

80proof
80proof 07/05/10 - 01:13 am
Late night for me RK. Gonna

Late night for me RK. Gonna hate it tomorrow.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/05/10 - 03:27 am
C'mon guys, where are the

C'mon guys, where are the 4:20 posts???

disssman
disssman 07/05/10 - 04:20 am
I defy anyone to show me a

I defy anyone to show me a posted school bus stop in Richmond county!! And if they didn't stop at every house, maybe people wouldn't be passing them when possible. P.S. its not a problem here, folks are lined up 10 - 20 cars behind the busses. No they won't pass and yes they don't leave enough room for those of us who will, consequently we have to pass a half mile of cars at one shot.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/05/10 - 04:36 am
dissman, an easy solution to

dissman, an easy solution to your problem......... leave earlier.

Trouble
Trouble 07/05/10 - 05:17 am
morning all

morning all

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/05/10 - 05:57 am
Just for you RK: "The truth

Just for you RK:

"The truth is, marijuana probably isn't going to make you kill people. Most likely isn't going to fund terrorists, but pot makes you feel fine with being bored and it's when you're bored that you should be learning a new skill or some new science or being creative. If you smoke pot you may grow up to find out that you're not good at anything."

--Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park, My Future Self n' Me, 2002

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/05/10 - 06:07 am
How do ya know he was

How do ya know he was texting...& not dialing a #?? Yeh...Evans blew it big time, maybe lost his marriage too... I would say that nite out wasn't worth it!
Thanks Corgi for confirming how GREAT the Tom Jones concerts were...esp. when the guy was in his prime BUT alas just like us he had to go & get older....don't think it would be "quite" the same concert today.
Great concerts in years past were---Willie Nelson-Conway_Porter & Dolly--Geoge Jones--Tammy-----& I saw most of these at the the old Bell....in good old Augusta Ga. Funny how time slips away...
Good Morning Augusta

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/05/10 - 06:16 am
Good morning. Anyone wants to

Good morning. Anyone wants to find me today, look for lush greenery, hushed stillness, and lots of cursing.

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/05/10 - 06:23 am
A Moving and Monumental

A Moving and Monumental Monday to everyone..........looks to be a lovely day in ye ole neighborhood, hope everyone had a safe "fourth".
Two year olds can learn to respect the library but only if they are allowed to be there.... like most Social skills.. they must be taught by caring and concerned parents.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/05/10 - 06:23 am
This is a RANT for The

This is a RANT for The Augusta Chronicle. I have been a subscriber for over 10 years, and about a year ago you cut the Carolina section from the Sunday paper. It seceded.

I have to wonder about how we are going to enforce . The same way all our laws are enforced: selectively.

Augustans, don't be short-sighted Sorry, you've already asked an impossible request.

The president of the city-state held that office for one day. Which would still be too long of a term for almost all these bassholes.

University of Georgia Athletic Director Evans blew it big time. Evans was just following that fine UGA tradition. What a university for losers!

If you insist on bringing your kids, then stay in the kids section. They wanted to call the "kids section" the "livestock corral" but truth hurts the little bastages parent feelings.

I was glad to read in the rants that we were not the only ones who were not amused with the patriotic presentation at Abilene Baptist. Agreed and add WGACto the list of the stupid people who thought this would be funny or entertaining.

This is a response to the person who talked about school bus drivers speeding and running stop signs. Cancel public school.... FOREVER!

Now if y'all want to stay safe from me today, just hide in the middle of a fairway or green... I'll never find ya.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/05/10 - 06:25 am
Good am miss bettyboop...that

Good am miss bettyboop...that is the secret, caring & concerned parents.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/05/10 - 06:25 am
It is very unfortunate those

It is very unfortunate those two year olds running wild thru the library have more mental capacity than their sperm/egg donors.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/05/10 - 06:28 am
AYE....I just love it when

AYE....I just love it when you wake up in such a good mood....maybe you will get your hole in one TODAY!! ;)

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/05/10 - 06:29 am
Seeenit my first concert was

Seeenit my first concert was Grand Funk Railroad... At Pirates World near Miami Florida....later it was the Stones and CCR all in South Fl.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/05/10 - 06:29 am
Aye is almost always in good

Aye is almost always in good humor... he just hides it from y'all very very well.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 07/05/10 - 06:34 am
1st Concert: Ted Nugent,

1st Concert: Ted Nugent, Double Live Gonzo Tour.... When in doubt I whip it out, I got me a rock n roll band it's a freeforall!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/05/10 - 06:35 am
Grand Funk Railroad!! What

Grand Funk Railroad!! What a name......
Aye.......ya good!
The concert I missed & always wanted to see was ELVIS....

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/05/10 - 06:47 am
What do you know...hybrid

What do you know...hybrid cars can be dangerous because...get this....they are too quiet...so now the engineers are trying to come up with a tone that will be pleasing to the ears...it says hybrids are twice as likely to be involved in pedestrian fatalities and injuries.

CarlosC
CarlosC 07/05/10 - 06:56 am
"Fishing is boring, unless

"Fishing is boring, unless you catch an actual fish, and then it is disgusting."
- Dave Barry

Martinez
Martinez 07/05/10 - 07:23 am
# 3 - Was it a MLB stadium?

# 3 - Was it a MLB stadium? I have seen a city revitalized after building a MLB stadium - but - the Green Jackets are no MLB. The attraction of attending games, whether in a new stadium or not, is just not great enough to have the same impact for Augusta.

Trouble
Trouble 07/05/10 - 07:31 am
morning again all

morning again all

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/05/10 - 07:45 am
Good am to you miss

Good am to you miss trouble....if you have to work today I hope you have an easy one...Without the stress of holiday shoppers..wishing for too much huh. :o)

Zoe
Zoe 07/05/10 - 07:46 am
Good morning :)

Good morning :)

More than 2,000 get meal at annual dinner

More than 800 volunteers served a hot meal to more than 2,000 homeless people at James Brown Arena on Saturday at the Bridge Ministry's annual Thanksgiving Dinner.