Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

BP WAS NOT stupid enough to purposely cause its drill to burst, thus costing it a fortune. Therefore, with no intention to do it, BP (and we) was just terribly unlucky. That doesn't mean an apology is needed, but there is also no question that Obama extorted $20 billout out of BP. In other words, Obama committed a major felony and nobody is doing a darned thing to get him locked up for it.

SO THE BOOKKEEPER at Glenn Hills basically got a no-interest $14,000 loan. Where do the rest of us Board of Education employees go to apply?

BP'S HAYWARD finally got a chance to take a break and went to a boat race. The big media are killing him for that. How many stupid and expensive trips has Obama taken since the spill started? How many parties has Obama gone to? In fact, how many absurdly expensive parties have taxpayers paid for at the White House since this whole oil mess began? Hayward takes one outing and gets slammed; Obama takes scores of outings and not a word from the big media.

AS A PARENT, I am concerned about discipline in our schools. My child says teachers have told her when she reported bad behavior that they are not to write students up for certain behaviors because they are considered trivial. My child has seen students who fought allowed back in the class that day with nothing more than in-school suspension. My child has been bullied and has seen bullies intimidate students only to get in-school suspension or detention. If my child continues to be bullied, I will report the offender to the police. Furthermore, I will bring a lawsuit if I find that adequate measures have not been taken by the system to protect my child.

HEY, MAYOR DEKE, crime in my south Augusta neighborhood has increased, my tax assessment has increased, yet the value of my home continues to decrease. Maybe you could address these issues instead of constantly pushing for another ballpark.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 02:32 am
"He had heard people speak

"He had heard people speak contemptuously of money: he wondered if they had ever tried to do without it."

--W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915

I beg to differ on rant no 1..BP was grossly negligent in not following drilling measures practiced safely by many other oil companies..when the BOP's guages showed them a spike in gas pressure they ignored it for meeting a drilling deadline...when engineers warned them they didn't listen to their own experts...when the driller on duty was told to ignore the safety measures ('dam the torpedoes, full steam ahead' attitude) he did so and let it happen...each time the science indicated something dangerous would occur they let it go...to their own demise.

BP caused this and there is no doubt..so shut up. Obama just answered the voters in the south and forced a contingency fund to be set aside to compensate what they could of lost revenue to the unemployed..the industry and wetland restoration...(if that's possible).

Hey here's an idea; let the six month moratorium stay, take the unemployed oilmen and put them to cleaning up BP's mess...while they do this have OSHA inspector's inspect every offshore rig for safety violations and fine each company accordingly...add that income to the gulf cleanup and restoration costs..and whether you like the prez or not, 20B is not chump change...it will help if it gets to the people affected like it should.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 03:58 am
"Education... has produced a

"Education... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."

-- G. M. Trevelyan (1876 - 1962), English Social History (1942)

As a parent I told my kid if he was touched by anyone to strike back fast and furious...regardless of outcome, you let all know you won't be pushed around...he had a problem once w a kid on the bus...he let it go a few times and told me about it when it hit the fan...as you say the bully was sorta 'excused' w comments like , "yes he's had problems like this before" and "..you know he has not been parented well.." like I'm supposed to just let him get off cuz it's too much trouble..be forgiving and such...yes I do forgive but not when I see this kind of behavior goes unpunished...I raised 'heck ta breakfast' until the boy was removed from the bus and forced to attend an alternative school away from the general population...Also, my son standing up for himself on the bus deterred anyone else from bothering him the remainder of his stint in Augusta's public education system...just don't take their crap and fight to see justice...it's invigorating.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 04:05 am
"Give a man a fish, and

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll buy a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a consultant."

-- Scott Adams (1957 - ), Dogbert; Dilbert cartoons

Deke can't affect your neighborhoods..they are not just 'hoods' for the hoodlums...they are composed of neighbors doing the right thing...what are you doing about it with your neighbors?...like I suspected, nothing.

How about make them work until the costs of rebuilding is completely repaid and injury compensation made for the trophies and mementos which will never be recovered...that should be at least 20 yrs or so for arson, destruction of government property, etc. Send to the front lines and let them destroy the enemy with their fascination with fire...I bet they'll straighten up quick.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 04:01 am
"To know oneself is to study

"To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

-- Bruce Lee (1940 - 1973), Tao of Jeet Kune Do

It's amazing how stuff we once thought was a pretty good idea can come back and bite us in the backside...we are at war with Islamic extremists yet we have laws protecting their butts when they are here legally or have chosen to worship the God of War...right here under our noses...this is the kind of establishment where they gather to discuss their secret plans for overthrowing our nation....Christ posed this scenario when warning us to watch for the signs of His return, "If the strongman knew which night the thief would try to break in he would have stayed alert and watched for him."
And as the soda ad so glibly puts it..."WAKE UP PEOPLE!"

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 04:10 am
"By desiring little, a poor

"By desiring little, a poor man makes himself rich."

-- Democritus (460 BC - 370 BC)

And CG the answer is no but am up now and will be there at daybreak to address the task.

Corgimom, we just need to agree to disagree...my thoughts about money are not average...I don't care about the stuff and try not to earn any more than I can use each month...people all caught up in paying for so much stuff are owned by their stuff...I don't think like this..it's how I deal with life and keep stress down..if ya can believe I ain't stressed...I do trust one Who is Trustworthy...As long as I know Him I don't worry about other things too much..but if nuclear power has helped make your family a living then fine...helped me a brief while until I just thought it ain't worth it..now I choose to do other things I enjoy and certainly not for the money. My offense should not be taken as a personal snipe, it is the general greed of our society I'm harpooning..."hit dogs always holler first".

That's all I got on Thor's Day...I'm feeling the hammer today of the noonday sun...slamming those sweat drops outta me ...ya'll play nice and remember to hug yer pet...he/she loves ya even if nobody else does...Best friends..that's why they call 'em dat.
I'll trust my dog over a person any day.

"Keep it secret, keep it safe." (JRR Tolkein, via Gandalf to Frodo, when began the journey of the One Ring of Power back to the mount of doom...)
G'day.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 05:25 pm
Original post (below) no

Original post (below) no longer makes sense as the previous post was entirely removed....
'Free tool' sounds like a prompt to a business or marketing strategy..could be a virus probe...Are you soliciting for your business campjoh? Looks a lot like a scammer page to me...

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/24/10 - 04:20 am
"And remember, no matter

"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

-- Earl Mac Rauch, from 'Buckaroo Bansai'

It's that time...and all this w/o a single cup of coffee...I'm off to load up and get where I gotta be when I gotta be dere....Doc and the gang...hold down the fort while I'm gone...smoke 'em if ya got 'em;)

justus4
justus4 06/24/10 - 05:12 am
The President done good. He

The President done good. He fired a four-star general that violated his oath and Article 88 under UCMJ which earned the general a pink slip. McChrystal had a history of poor performance, but because his father was a general, he was given a pass throughout his military career. At West Point he meandered, but like Bush & McCain their father's positions gave them cover because nobody could touch them, 'cause "That's George's boy" or "That's John's boy". Well, one was touched yesterday and in a profound way, because McChrystal was the CO of the 75th Ranger Bn when Pat Tillman was killed by friendly fire. The Army covered it up until Tillman's parent kicked open every door at the DoD and discovered the truth. They said then that McChrystal was unfit for command, but no one listened. Yesterday the President listened and did the right thing to preserve the tradition of excellence within the ranks and demonstrated that it's NOT the man, but the Office.

Trouble
Trouble 06/24/10 - 05:39 am
morning all

morning all

CarlosC
CarlosC 06/24/10 - 06:04 am
A thought for the day:

A thought for the day: Ambrose Bierce said an acquaintance is "A person whom we know well enough to borrow from but not well enough to lend to."

CarlosC
CarlosC 06/24/10 - 06:06 am
CG - Thank you for getting

CG - Thank you for getting him outta our hair for a while today.

bettyboop
bettyboop 06/24/10 - 06:18 am
Barry did exactly what the

Barry did exactly what the General wanted him to do.......

Zoe
Zoe 06/24/10 - 06:19 am
Good morning all. Now good

Good morning all. Now good night.....I'm going back to bed.

Zoe
Zoe 06/24/10 - 06:20 am
bb, why did the general want

bb, why did the general want Obama to fire him?

Zoe
Zoe 06/24/10 - 06:23 am
btw boop, I read on another

btw boop, I read on another thread where a man was caught doing lewd and crude things with a horse. I hope that was not one of the horses you had to go see about last night. (remember you mentioned having to go see about a horse on your post last night).
That would be dreadful.

Zoe
Zoe 06/24/10 - 06:29 am
LOL at second rant.

LOL at second rant.

bettyboop
bettyboop 06/24/10 - 06:41 am
A fine and dandy good morning

A fine and dandy good morning to all...........it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I am heading out of town for the weekend.......St Thomas here we come.....gonna be a hoot !!!

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 06/24/10 - 06:44 am
For COMCAST: If you

For COMCAST: If you understand English, press 1. If you would like to get paid, press 2. I'm sorry, I'm unable to complete your request at this time. Other creditors who provide uninterrupted services have beat you to the draw. Please try to collect at a later time and I'll think about it if I in fact wish to pay inflated prices for the service I receive..............click.

CarlosC
CarlosC 06/24/10 - 06:58 am
LOL Brenda G - Nicely done!

LOL Brenda G - Nicely done!

bettyboop
bettyboop 06/24/10 - 07:03 am
"Nevada gubernatorial

"Nevada gubernatorial candidate Rory Reid (D) is on the air with his first campaign ad and it's missing one thing: his last name.

Reid, the son of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), doesn't say his name at any point during the ad, but it prominently features his campaign logo, "Rory 2010."

Observers noticed that throughout the gubernatorial primary, Rory Reid seemed to distance himself from his father, who faced high disapproval ratings from voters."...........................LOL his own son!

CarlosC
CarlosC 06/24/10 - 07:32 am
Good stuff right there. Kinda

Good stuff right there. Kinda like the latest horse boy giving a false name to police.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/24/10 - 07:33 am
I just love it when a man can

I just love it when a man can post his thoughts on here... my hats off to ya Zeno!!! You da man!!!
Have a safe trip BB..
Good am Augusta folks & the CSRA.

CarlosC
CarlosC 06/24/10 - 07:38 am
It's gonna be interesting

It's gonna be interesting when the 1,200 character limit for story comments goes back into effect about 1 July.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/24/10 - 07:39 am
Good Morning America, Friends

Good Morning America, Friends and Foes.

Thought for the day, conservative true words from the common sense Right:

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 06/24/10 - 07:42 am
rant#1, it is not extortion,

rant#1, it is not extortion, what probably occurred was bast on a cost benefit analysis it may be cheaper for bp to put up 20 billion dollars now and potentially head off a very, very large class action suit which could cost them 100's of billions of dollars because of the thousand and thousand of lives and livelihoods that are affected by the oil spill, from the fishermen/shrimpers/crabbers, their suppiers and those who repair boats, to the resort owners and others who rely on tourism to make a living, even down to the service station owner, whose business was adversely effected because those who usually visit the effected areas are not coming because the oil contaimination. obama can't make them give anything, bp ould have easily/and still can file chapter 11 reorganization and be protected from any financial obligation and continue to operate

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 06/24/10 - 07:44 am
ranter#1, me thinks you have

ranter#1, me thinks you have been listening to limbaugh a bit too long..remember the lawsuits behind the exxon valdez, some of which are still in various stages of litigation....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/24/10 - 07:54 am
How did 1300 prison inmates

How did 1300 prison inmates rip off the Government to the tune of 9 million bucks...this was done on the popular tax break for 1st time homeowners ..one home address was used 67 times...wouldn't that be obvious...wouldn't the prison address be obvious...same thing will happen with the health care program. imho

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 06/24/10 - 07:56 am
BP WAS NOT stupid enough to

BP WAS NOT stupid enough to purposely cause its drill to burst, thus costing it a fortune. ... Extortion has been perpetrated by the Federal Gov't for years... why should Oblahblah be any different?

SO THE BOOKKEEPER at Glenn Hills basically got a no-interest $14,000 loan. Oh but paybacks are a bee itch.

Hayward takes one outing and gets slammed; Obama takes scores of outings and not a word from the big media. Guess which one may use a tanning bed, and there's your answer.

THIS IS A RAVE for our law enforcement officers who did such a good job during the gay pride parade. They had to... they were watching for fellow officers as participants.

Furthermore, I will bring a lawsuit if I find that adequate measures have not been taken by the system to protect my child. Pull your little wimp out of public school and educate it yourself. Of course, that'll affect your ability to "keep up with the Joneses" and little Johnny limp wrist won't wear Nike's no more, but hey, YOU CAN DO IT! What a weak donkey parent.

HEY, MAYOR DEKE, crime in my south Augusta neighborhood has increased, my tax assessment has increased, yet the value of my home continues to decrease. Ask not what you can do for your self, but what your Government can do for your incompetent self. Welcome to South Augusta. You'll fit right in.

FIVE THUGS were arrested for burning the JROTC firing range in Hephzibah. A reasonable punishment would be to build a fence around what's left of that building, then sentence the goons to 10 or 15 years living in the mess they made. Certainly these five young angels were victims of bullying in the schools. Maybe the sperm and egg donors should sue?

TO THE PERSON asking how a 50,500-square-foot mosque school could be built in Columbia County: The answer is kind of simple. It's called freedom of religion, which is one of the founding principles of this country. FO SHIZZLE!

Happy Thursday y'all.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 06/24/10 - 08:29 am
For all of you who may have

For all of you who may have lost lighters in my presence:
Aye is willing to make reparations, but you better hurry, he only has 20 lighters available in the program. Yes He Can!