Rants & Raves

Local Teacher Song: “It’s a hard-knock life for us, it’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of raises, with furloughs we get sticked; instead of praises, we get kicked. Instead of time for teaching, we get testing; instead of time to plan, we get meetings. It’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of respect for degrees, we get coaches; instead of clean halls we get roaches. It’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of respect from students we get threats; instead of no worries all we can do is fret. It’s a hard-knock life.”

I have a very simple rule when hiring contractors to do work on my property: that they provide proof that they only employ people in this country legally. I will not allow anyone to work on my property who is here illegally. If more people did this, then it would help curb illegal immigration.

There are two very simple reasons why people do not use their turn signals. The first is cell phone use. The second is laziness!

I know it’s common to blame the sitting president for the nation’s ills, but it’s absolutely incredible to me the length left-wing liberal loons will go to in order to continue to blame former President Bush for them. I would like to ask the writer of the  letter to the  editor “Obama isn’t the failure you believe” just how long he would continue to place blame on former President Bush? Five years? Ten years? Gee – why don’t we just blame him well into the 22nd century?

The repair on Skinner Mill Road has sat idle now for over five days. The equipment sits empty and the work has ceased. Why is this? This is a heavily traveled road. I was going through the detour construction area; a car traveled too far into my lane, and I had to scrape the barrels in order not to be hit by that automobile. Now my car is damaged.

I was wrong in implying I fully agreed with “up here from Savannah.” Augusta is not all that boring, but our rants too often are. And the “don’t let the door …” etc., etc., just proves the point.

After a five-year,
daily dose of reading your paper’s Rants & Raves, I have come to the conclusion that you need a new name for the column. Toward this end, I respectfully submit this header: “Tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare won’t mind a bit. Trust me; he would undoubtedly agree with me were he still alive.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 02:24 pm
Sometimes my good true side

Sometimes my good true side slips out despite my efforts.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/10 - 02:27 pm
Fox, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, all of

Fox, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, all of them. Agent has been put on administrative leave.

Wildcat682
Wildcat682 06/09/10 - 02:27 pm
@Trey - Thanks, I'll look

@Trey - Thanks, I'll look into it.

@CG - I lost out on KFN when it was around .90. Needed money, so I had to sell out. It's at around $8 last time I checked.

@Roadkill - Very, very possible

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/10 - 02:29 pm
Wildcat, the company I drive

Wildcat, the company I drive for, Schneider National, was looking for IT techs, don't know if they still are. You would have to move to Green Bay, WI. Take your warm clothing.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 02:30 pm
I'm sposed to be bbq burnin

I'm sposed to be bbq burnin some yardbird on the grill....but it seems I've misplaced my round tuit (even though I'm already sitting on da porch....)

Wildcat682
Wildcat682 06/09/10 - 02:31 pm
Wouldn't be much of a

Wouldn't be much of a stretch, Roadkill. I'll look them up.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:36 pm
RK, Sick, Sick, Sick. I will

RK, Sick, Sick, Sick. I will not post my opinon right now because there would be so many (filtered words) that you wouldn't know what I was saying. It is getting worst Day by Day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:52 pm
Wildcat682, wasn't aware of

Wildcat682, wasn't aware of RFN, did a real quick research and it has some real good trading values. In March 2009 it was down from $30.00 to $.40. It is closing at $7.77 today. To bad you just didn't hold. The charts show a first resistence at around $7.49. Might just put in a order for 10,000. Need to check out more about the company and all past news/history.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:58 pm
God save America
God save America 06/09/10 - 03:04 pm
confederate american ,

confederate american , ayetidios, and dichotomy it looks like you have never been a teacher in a classroom. when i was in school in the sixty's we didn't have guns brought to school too kill people, also didn't have students trying to blow up the school . i have a member of my family who is a teacher and i know whats going on. she spends a lot of her time turning in bad students . there has been students removed from her class in handcuffs for crimes they did. so till you sit in a classroom and watch.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 03:06 pm
"...there has been students

"...there has been students removed from her class..." that poor excuse for grammar takes away ANY credibility that post MIGHT have had. Have a blissful day.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 03:13 pm
The posts about/from teachers

The posts about/from teachers that are typed in Ebonics or 2nd grade grammar and word use crack me up more than most anything.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 03:17 pm
GSA, our American education

GSA, our American education system has got one big problem. Every day, every day there are News cast, articles written, people be fired, comments being made ect, ect, and nothing is really being done to correct this man made problem.

It will continue and never change until PC is shot and buried.The problems with our education system could be solved in one month when it is attack with open minds and common sense also with out government control. There would be a lot of yelling and demonstration but just tell them to go to hell and do what is right for the future of our children.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 03:20 pm
"A young man who does not

"A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living. Today's military rejects include tomorrow's hard-core unemployed."
- John F. Kennedy

w00t!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 03:30 pm
Trey, cut some slack, please.

Trey, cut some slack, please. You could probably tear me a new one on every post I make. I understand what she was trying to put across without the use of caps or big degree grammar. There is no doubt that you have a higher level of intelligence than both of us. Don't make someone feel like poo all the time, OK.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 03:31 pm
QSL

QSL

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 03:39 pm
dit dit dit da - dit dit

dit dit dit da - dit dit dit da

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 03:40 pm
CG - That was a sincere

CG - That was a sincere answer. I thought you'd understand. I got it.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 06/09/10 - 03:54 pm
I am in agreement with the

I am in agreement with the Govenor's veto of the second bill; the language as passed put it in possible conflict with the federal statues enacted post-911 regarding airport security. As this could -and probably would- have ended in the state defending an ill-worded and nebulous and probably overreaching law at the cost of millions of state dollars, the bill was vetoed, with a suggestion it be re-done to conform (like Arizona did with their immigration bill to prevent the feds from taking them to court) with federal security guidelines. Unlike the Augusta Commission (what, precisely, is the plural of doofus?), this vetoed bill will not be the cause an unwinnable case that soaks up taxpayer dollars.

Also in that bill was a provision that the state notify the holder of a concealed weapons permit 90 days before it expired. Frankly, if someone needs be told to renew, that should be grounds the individual probably isn't on the ball enough to be given a renewal. As for making it easier, I am not sure how. In March 2008, when my permit was three months from expiration, I went down to the probate court, expecting it to take from six weeks to two months, like my previous renewals. Two weeks later, I had a letter from the office informing me I could come down at any time and pick up my license. Unless you want it brought to your home by a liveried servant, it doesn't get much easier.

Trouble
Trouble 06/09/10 - 04:16 pm
afternoon all

afternoon all

God save America
God save America 06/09/10 - 04:32 pm
confederate american,

confederate american, ayetidiosi, and disssman ya'll need to stop blaming everything on pres. bush he is out of office . pres. bush was fighting one war obama is fighting two wars. obama said he could fix everything if he got elected. obama's idea on fixing things is to raise the nat. debt and spending money we don't have. obama is going to replace carter as the worst pres. ever.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 04:39 pm
GSA, "Obama is going to

GSA, "Obama is going to replace Carter as the worst pres. ever."

I really hate to disagree with you. "has replaced"

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 04:48 pm
LOL - CG - uh huh

LOL - CG - uh huh

corgimom
corgimom 06/09/10 - 05:14 pm
Ok, y'all. Today I have

Ok, y'all. Today I have Officially Seen It All.

Kindergarten promotion. The room was packed. It went great. Then we had lunch for the families. The children were beautifully dressed, the girls all had their hair done, every little girl was in a dress, some boys came in suits. It was wonderful.

The teacher dressed in a dress, hose and heels. I was dressed the same.

(Just to give you an idea of the situation.)

I looked across the room. There was a man WITH HIS PANTS DOWN, SHOWING HIS UNDERWEAR.

In a kindergarten classroom. In front of children. In front of his child's teacher. In front of other adults.

He couldn't pull his pants up for his own child's kindergarten promotion ceremony.

I. Have. Seen. It. All.

corgimom
corgimom 06/09/10 - 05:24 pm
"However, I am 20k in debt

"However, I am 20k in debt for college, another 20k to finish my Bachelors degree, too much experience in dead-end jobs, limited work experience in IT, married with a kid which prevents me from working for free at an internship, and not making enough to cover the student loans that will soon be rolling in for the useless paper that was given to me. So yes, my attitude has suffered recently with the prospect of being indebted for something that isn't paying off. "

These are all PERSONAL CHOICES THAT YOU MADE. This DOES NOT mean that you deserve a particular job that pays a particular wage. Did someone force you to go to college? Force you to get married? Force you to make any of the choices that you made?

Who lied to you and told you that a college degree automatically meant you deserved a certain wage? And why did you believe that?

There are many of us on here- myself included- that came from nothing, and I do mean nothing. Your story isn't new to us. We've lived it. The difference between us and you, though, is attitude. We expected nothing. We were grateful for any job, at any wage, and worked our behinds off. We were thrilled that any employer would take a chance on us, and we proved that we were worth it, and more.

We didn't feel entitled, we knew that an employer didn't care about our personal circumstances- why would they- and we worked our hearts out.

I've hired and fired and managed many people over the years. And I can tell you that if that kind of attitude comes across to a prospective employer- and it will-your chances of employment are slim.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/10 - 05:24 pm
Corgi that name does have a

Corgi that name does have a ring to it...seenitall lol

Trouble
Trouble 06/09/10 - 05:26 pm
ok, who has my 5

ok, who has my 5 dollars????...........lol

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 05:26 pm
The whole notion of a

The whole notion of a "Kindergarten Graduation" is already stupid enough to defy description.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 06/09/10 - 05:27 pm
Then, Corgi, you sure did not

Then, Corgi, you sure did not want to be at the wedding I attended last weekend in Lilburn. The bride was beautiful in full princess-for-a-day beaded and sequined white gown with a white satin train the whole wedding party could have used for a dance floor.

At the couple's first dance, the groom took off his coat, his cummerbund and his suspenders. Unfortunately, the groom was a waist size 34, but wearing about a 40-something. I must hold you were the fortunate one as at least your attendee, unlike that groom, was wearing an undergarment.

corgimom
corgimom 06/09/10 - 05:29 pm
Because I would get in big

Because I would get in big trouble. And I do mean big trouble.

Sad, isn't it?

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.