Rants & Raves

Local Teacher Song: “It’s a hard-knock life for us, it’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of raises, with furloughs we get sticked; instead of praises, we get kicked. Instead of time for teaching, we get testing; instead of time to plan, we get meetings. It’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of respect for degrees, we get coaches; instead of clean halls we get roaches. It’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of respect from students we get threats; instead of no worries all we can do is fret. It’s a hard-knock life.”

I have a very simple rule when hiring contractors to do work on my property: that they provide proof that they only employ people in this country legally. I will not allow anyone to work on my property who is here illegally. If more people did this, then it would help curb illegal immigration.

There are two very simple reasons why people do not use their turn signals. The first is cell phone use. The second is laziness!

I know it’s common to blame the sitting president for the nation’s ills, but it’s absolutely incredible to me the length left-wing liberal loons will go to in order to continue to blame former President Bush for them. I would like to ask the writer of the  letter to the  editor “Obama isn’t the failure you believe” just how long he would continue to place blame on former President Bush? Five years? Ten years? Gee – why don’t we just blame him well into the 22nd century?

The repair on Skinner Mill Road has sat idle now for over five days. The equipment sits empty and the work has ceased. Why is this? This is a heavily traveled road. I was going through the detour construction area; a car traveled too far into my lane, and I had to scrape the barrels in order not to be hit by that automobile. Now my car is damaged.

I was wrong in implying I fully agreed with “up here from Savannah.” Augusta is not all that boring, but our rants too often are. And the “don’t let the door …” etc., etc., just proves the point.

After a five-year,
daily dose of reading your paper’s Rants & Raves, I have come to the conclusion that you need a new name for the column. Toward this end, I respectfully submit this header: “Tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare won’t mind a bit. Trust me; he would undoubtedly agree with me were he still alive.

Comments (183)

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 06/09/10 - 11:45 am

confederate american - You

confederate american - You said you don't have much sympathy for teachers while Georgia is ranked 48th out of the 50 states. Well it's like a carwash. You get out what you put in, only cleaned up a little bit.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 12:02 pm

Zeno, thank you for the

Zeno, thank you for the replies. I am not teasing/baiting you. I must also confess a personal failing; Jesus forgives - I don't.

Zoe

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/10 - 12:10 pm

Like the ointment?

Like the ointment?

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 12:12 pm

Man, I thought that said

Man, I thought that said "Tropical"!!! Have I abused medications?!?!?! Now what???

happychimer
happychimer 06/09/10 - 12:33 pm

Good afternoon on this

Good afternoon on this beautiful day in the neighborhood. May God bless all our leaders, especially our President Obama. Ya'll have a good day.

penny55
penny55 06/09/10 - 12:34 pm

Wow, I love my job as an

Wow, I love my job as an educator. I don't need the plates to know I influence lives everyday. There are many great teachers out their that don't complain and put up with the problems that public schools are dealt. For those of you that complain or have something derogatory to say about teachers, and therir whining, I ask you to join us in the exciting profession of teaching!

Zoe
Zoe 06/09/10 - 12:47 pm

LOL @ Trey and CBBP

LOL @ Trey and CBBP

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/10 - 12:48 pm

Penny, if you read rant #1

Penny, if you read rant #1 you'll find it is a whining educator. We merely pointed out that some of the worst drivers sport educator license plates.
Some "Educators" can't pronounce or spell words correctly, nor use them properly in a sentence. We'll defend the good ones but the bad ones need to go!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 12:48 pm

penny55 - Thank you for part

penny55 - Thank you for part 1 of your post. My gripe is with "educators" whining in public. Somehow my mother made it 40 years in the profession without doing it.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/10 - 12:49 pm

Tropical would have had an

Tropical would have had an umbrella on the child proof cap!!!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 12:57 pm

NOW ya tell me........so it

NOW ya tell me........so it should not have gone in the blender with the fruit, rum and ice?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 12:58 pm

Trey, the point is I guess, I

Trey, the point is I guess, I had to forgive or go mad as a hatter...I was on a fast track to total insanity and I do believe something snapped and I haven't gotten back my old good self yet..I doubt he even exists any longer...for me to forgive and forget is most difficult but it MUST be done or I lose my center every time...when I'm so unbalanced and my bitterness shades every thought I have to shake myself free of the hatred tying my mind in knots...yeah, it's like that...I wish I could un-say the words that wounded you so this thing would not be a stumblingblock between us...I don't know what else I can say.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 12:59 pm

"A young American woman named

"A young American woman named Anamika Veeramani won the Scripps National Spelling Bee. You know what word she spelled that no one else could spell? Her name."
- Jay Leno

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 01:02 pm

Thanks, Zeno. I'm not perfect

Thanks, Zeno. I'm not perfect either. But I am honest to a fault.

30cal
30cal 06/09/10 - 01:30 pm

just in from FOX ,this

just in from FOX ,this morning they were saying 12yr old boy: now he is 15 deported 5 times served time for drug smuggling and is on most wanted list of smugglers. ALSO reported MEXICAN police cross border pick-up and remove evidence .what were our law enforcement people doing observe and report only thought that was a duty reserved for the military.

corgimom
19636
corgimom 06/09/10 - 01:32 pm

"Why do I get flagged as

"Why do I get flagged as offensive when I call someone a dummy and then they (AC) post an R&R from someone calling posters idiots?"

Well, when my imaginary patron at the AC contacts me, I'll find out.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 01:44 pm

Here's Cobalt, Jim, as I

Here's Cobalt, Jim, as I posted at 7:31 PM yesterday, also in the bill he vetoed was the provision that made the state required to notify you 90 days in advance before your license expired.

usafvet
usafvet 06/09/10 - 01:50 pm

Penny55, I hope I'm not being

Penny55, I hope I'm not being too critical, but if you choose to protect the expertise and knowledge of your profession, you need to do a better job of proof reading. Mispelling and misuse of their and there is common on these posts, but I for one expect more from those that are teaching.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 01:56 pm

I think all the poor

I think all the poor grammarians should be send too there corner!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:02 pm

usafvet, Many years back I

usafvet, Many years back I will never forget the little non-PC conversation I had with my young 5th son's teacher when she made him pronounce "Four" as "Floor"! I think I still hear it today.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/10 - 02:04 pm

On my way to the corner.

On my way to the corner.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/10 - 02:07 pm

Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon Awguster.............. Trey, you could have let me make at least one post before you sent me to the corner!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:06 pm

I will join you RK with my

I will join you RK with my pointed hat on.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:10 pm

Oh, I forgot to tell "happy"

Oh, I forgot to tell "happy" that I God bless president (filtered word) for the election results yesterday.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/10 - 02:17 pm

Send the resume anyway, sell

Send the resume anyway, sell yourself. The one thing I can guarantee about a job search is if you don't send the resume', you will not get hired.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 02:23 pm

My lowest paid IT employee

My lowest paid IT employee makes $25/hr (he is 18 y/o). I get $50/hr to watch him work and advise when necessary.

usafvet
usafvet 06/09/10 - 02:25 pm

The first thing an an

The first thing an an employer sees is the person. Presentation of self occurs even with no effort on your part. Employers do have the right to set expectations. Political correctness and affirmative action dictates to some employers who they must hire. You may be down on the list simply because the federal government put you there. Tattoos, body piercings, holes in pants, backward hats, flip flops and such are indeed turn offs (unless you are one of those that the govt. says you must hire). Bottom line, the silent majority sat on their duffs for too long. Thank goodness dumbobama has awakened what could turn out to be the sleeping giant.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/10 - 02:26 pm

Can I get $75/hr to watch you

Can I get $75/hr to watch you to watch him work?