Rants & Raves

Local Teacher Song: “It’s a hard-knock life for us, it’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of raises, with furloughs we get sticked; instead of praises, we get kicked. Instead of time for teaching, we get testing; instead of time to plan, we get meetings. It’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of respect for degrees, we get coaches; instead of clean halls we get roaches. It’s a hard-knock life for us. Instead of respect from students we get threats; instead of no worries all we can do is fret. It’s a hard-knock life.”

I have a very simple rule when hiring contractors to do work on my property: that they provide proof that they only employ people in this country legally. I will not allow anyone to work on my property who is here illegally. If more people did this, then it would help curb illegal immigration.

There are two very simple reasons why people do not use their turn signals. The first is cell phone use. The second is laziness!

I know it’s common to blame the sitting president for the nation’s ills, but it’s absolutely incredible to me the length left-wing liberal loons will go to in order to continue to blame former President Bush for them. I would like to ask the writer of the  letter to the  editor “Obama isn’t the failure you believe” just how long he would continue to place blame on former President Bush? Five years? Ten years? Gee – why don’t we just blame him well into the 22nd century?

The repair on Skinner Mill Road has sat idle now for over five days. The equipment sits empty and the work has ceased. Why is this? This is a heavily traveled road. I was going through the detour construction area; a car traveled too far into my lane, and I had to scrape the barrels in order not to be hit by that automobile. Now my car is damaged.

I was wrong in implying I fully agreed with “up here from Savannah.” Augusta is not all that boring, but our rants too often are. And the “don’t let the door …” etc., etc., just proves the point.

After a five-year,
daily dose of reading your paper’s Rants & Raves, I have come to the conclusion that you need a new name for the column. Toward this end, I respectfully submit this header: “Tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare won’t mind a bit. Trust me; he would undoubtedly agree with me were he still alive.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 06/09/10 - 01:41 am
Why do I get flagged as

Why do I get flagged as offensive when I call someone a dummy and then they (AC) post an R&R from someone calling posters idiots?

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 05:07 am
Nice reset, AC. Could you

Nice reset, AC. Could you leave comments made in the past few hours next time?

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 05:07 am
Repost from 4:20 AM - A

Repost from 4:20 AM -

A thought for the day: James Madison said, "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."

w00t!!

Have a Happy Hump Day!

Trouble
Trouble 06/09/10 - 05:19 am
morning all.....ar, good

morning all.....ar, good question

carcraft
carcraft 06/09/10 - 05:24 am
#7 Is the first piece of

#7 Is the first piece of evidence that they are correct!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 05:33 am
Today's avatar is in "honor"

Today's avatar is in "honor" of the small minority (thankfully) of teachers who continue to promulgate their dissatisfaction about their career choice on public forums.

(it is not intended to reflect on any particular online commenter)

corgimom
corgimom 06/09/10 - 05:52 am
"that they provide proof that

"that they provide proof that they only employ people in this country legally."

Um, what proof do they provide? Do they show you everyone's birth certificate or something?

reader54
reader54 06/09/10 - 06:08 am
Trey: Don't panic but I agree

Trey: Don't panic but I agree with your quote of Madison at 4:20!! I'll add that the big hoopla over the "interdiction" of the marijuana in North Augusta, on I-20 is part of the erosion of our civil liberties.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 06:10 am
reader54 - Thanks! And your

reader54 - Thanks! And your turn not to faint, I'm very much a Libertarian 4:20 advocate (as evidenced by my daily posts).

reader54
reader54 06/09/10 - 06:32 am
Trey: I'll be darn, so am I

Trey: I'll be darn, so am I if you must label everything.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 06:38 am
54 - shhhhhhhhh, don't tell

54 - shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody, the rumors will start! ;-)

reader54
reader54 06/09/10 - 06:39 am
Take care, Trey. Nothing is

Take care, Trey. Nothing is personal with me on this thread.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 06/09/10 - 06:51 am
Good Morning peeps, pervs,

Good Morning peeps, pervs, and perpetrators.
Next time you think a road in Augusta is bad, drive any road in Columbia, sheesh. These streets suck.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 06:56 am
Doc, if they really do - just

Doc, if they really do - just lay back and enjoy it, broner.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 06/09/10 - 06:59 am
lol. No enjoying this

lol. No enjoying this suckage, these roads have teeth. And naturally, I'm driving all the "Finest" neighborhoods in this lovely city.

confederate american
confederate american 06/09/10 - 07:05 am
I'm tired of all the teachers

I'm tired of all the teachers whinning,you have good pay,insurance,retirement and benefits,you ride around in your $30,000.00 plus vehicles with your educator tags,when georgia is still ranked 48th out of the 50 states.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 06/09/10 - 07:26 am
If I were a teacher in a

If I were a teacher in a system that trails 96% of all systems, I'd get rid of my "Educator" plate.

Y'all ever notice "educator tagged" drivers make the most stupid driving decisions?

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/09/10 - 07:47 am
Poor teachers. Woe is you.

Poor teachers. Woe is you. You all make very good salaries and have great benefits. You work just a little more than half of the year. If you were being paid based on performance you would be making a lot less money because your performance is terrible. You turn out some of the worst educated students in the nation and the world and you have been doing so since WAY before No Child Left Behind so this is not George Bush's fault. You have been at the bottom of the peroformance list for decades. So teachers, it is not woe is you. It is woe is us the property taxpayers and students.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 08:07 am
Hey Doc...still

Hey Doc...still waiting...morning all...been coming in and reading as much as I could..y'all been busy...fell asleep each eve catchin up..thanks for the material....zzzz.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/09/10 - 08:08 am
Zeno, Doc is up to his "neck"

Zeno, Doc is up to his "neck" with work in/around Columbia, SC for the next couple of weeks. Glad to see you are okay.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 08:12 am
not okay..not working

not okay..not working again...George....ya listening?...Doc...contact me when ya get time to train a newbie...

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 08:13 am
Missed a lot o 420's

Missed a lot o 420's lately..from comments this AM, the AC has been refreshing the early comments away....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/10 - 08:17 am
I agree hire USA workers as

I agree hire USA workers as much as possible....have been told by contractors "they" would hire more American if they could get them to work! At least the guy working on our drains on the roof today is American....but I might be stuck inside today & posting all day & we know how dangerous that can be! haha
Good am Augusta....nice to see Zeno is still here.....worry about ya Zeno.

willienelson
willienelson 06/09/10 - 08:31 am
Sun's coming up got cakes on

Sun's coming up got cakes on the griddle...thank God...I'm a country boy

willienelson
willienelson 06/09/10 - 08:35 am
I say only hire illegals.

I say only hire illegals. Then don't pay them. What are they gonna do?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 08:37 am
well at least the guy who

well at least the guy who laid me off hires American...problem is he can't pay American...he really wants work done at illegal immigrant rates...still owes me and work has stopped...so should I go find a crew of Mexican roofers?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 08:38 am
seenit, don't worry bout

seenit, don't worry bout me..HIRE ME....I need work ASAP...or I might be writing letters instead of typing on the keyboard...

willienelson
willienelson 06/09/10 - 08:41 am
Gotta run. My lovely bride is

Gotta run. My lovely bride is stirring and I want to make her breakfast.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/09/10 - 08:41 am
too funny willie...

too funny willie...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/10 - 08:42 am
Zeno if I lived near ya, I

Zeno if I lived near ya, I would hire you... believe it or not I just said "something" about you yesterday to someone in Augusta....I will continue to mention your name to others there about work...willie might have a good idea, what can illegals do if you don't pay them... report you?

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.