Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

If Dr. Wayne Frazier can't control what goes into his school's annual, how can anyone believe he can lead the whole school system?

What's lower than a father who'll force his little 9-year-old daughter to drink booze so her blood alcohol measures 0.165?

As long as it's paid for with private money, fine - let five "educators" take five days of lessons in "math and science instruction training." But how did somebody who is already a working teacher get the job in the first place if he or she still needed "tools and resources"? If "the latest effective instructional methods" are necessary, how on earth did George Washington ever learn to read or add?

Obama said: "I am furious at this entire situation because this is an example where somebody didn't think through the consequences of their actions." Was the president talking about the oil spill or the last presidential election?

This is a rant for the Colum­bia County commissioners: Why is it taking so long to finish William Few Parkway Ex­ten­sion? It didn't take this long to build that new highway department on Chamberlain Road.

Yeah. I guess I am a right-winger. Lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, free enterprise, states' rights. But I do not blame only Barack Obama for the oil spill. BP and the owner of the rig are to blame for the spill itself. I blame Obama and his administration for lying to us for several weeks about the actual severity and not putting pressure on BP to act with greater urgency. Those who defend Obama so blindly are the same ones who believed in 2005 that a president has control over hurricanes. President Bush urged the Dem­ocratic governor of Louis­iana and the Democratic mayor of New Orleans to evacuate the coast, but they stubbornly refused in order to avoid looking like they were being told what to do by a Repub­lican.

A RANT to the woman in the blue Volvo on Richmond Hill Road the morning of June 4. Did you notice that on more than one occasion you were weaving into the other lane? When you passed me, I noticed why - you were texting the entire time! Does the child in the passenger seat mean so little to you that you would risk his life? Put the phone down and have a conversation with the kid in the passenger seat instead of neglecting his safety!

Every time I read comments from certain readers about the president, I am hugely disappointed with all the disgusting name-calling and bashing. And what is emphasizing his given middle name during your tirade supposed to mean? Are you implying that all Muslims are bad? There's a difference between disagreeing with an opinion and pure hate. Yet some of you claim that it has nothing to do with race, creed, etc.

Tell us what you think
Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 12:29 am
To the last ranter - Ahh,

To the last ranter - Ahh, progress perhaps! It seems to me that you just admitted he is a Muslim, but not all Muslims are bad. Admission of a problem is the first step to recovery!

Ranter #4 - Priceless!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 01:21 am
I disagree with the rant

I disagree with the rant about Dr Frazier. I think he showed unique leadership skills and tremendous empathy for his student body by getting arrested the week before their graduation in order to be a part of the year book theme. What a great man to make such a sacrifice!

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 06/07/10 - 01:47 am
President Obama's policies,

President Obama's policies, rhetoric, dismissiveness, and arrogance as well as his ignoring the will of the majority of the American citizens is pathetic. The kool-aid driniking supporters no matter what are even worse. President Bush made plenty of mistakes and Republicans repeatdly adressed them, including myself but few if any loyal party supporters of Obama will do anything but defend him even in lies, failed policies, and lack of follow through on campaign promises. And for those who continually bring race into this administration over and over, you are pathetic as well because the policies of Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Frank, etc. are all the same and it doesn't matter if they are black or white, male or female, gay or straight because they all believe and are implementing policies into our counrty which raise taxes, provide for more social services, take away personal responsibility and acountibility, try to make illegal immigrants be called undocumented workers and try to make terrorists be called activists....this entire administration is a joke and the worst the democrats have to offer. Obama will not be a major worry after the next election because he will not have any support left to fund or approve any of these ridiculous policies and after the next Presidential election he will no longer be a concern. In the meantime, you better look into what is going on in our country and turn to sources other than MSNBC, CNN or even Fox News - they all have their way of reporting but additional research and search for the truth is necessary in order to determine what is being done to our country and our money.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 03:20 am
"All change is not growth, as

"All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."
- Ellen Glasgow

w00t!

Enjoy the Manic Monday!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/10 - 04:05 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/10 - 04:07 am
True, not all Muslims are

True, not all Muslims are evil, but to date there have not been any blonde haired, blued eyed Norwegians trying to harm us.

carcraft
carcraft 06/07/10 - 04:21 am
You could not say Hussian

You could not say Hussian during the elction cycle it was considered "unfair" after the election Hussian went to Egypt to appologize for America and it was OK to say Hussain..LOL!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 05:18 am
A Rave for the drop in

A Rave for the drop in serious crimes in downtown Augusta. I know this must be true since an RCSO deputy was just dispatched to "investigate" a rooster crowing loudly at sunrise on the 1600 block of Walker St. (really, I can't make this stuff up)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/07/10 - 05:28 am
I guess his doodle doo was a

I guess his doodle doo was a little too loud!

aureliusdios
aureliusdios 06/07/10 - 06:27 am
No, Timothy McVeigh was dirty

No, Timothy McVeigh was dirty blonde with brown eyes. Baghdad Jane was definitely blonde hair, blue eyes. We seem to forget these things sometimes. Everybody's got to take their shoes off at the airport.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 06:29 am
Do you care to address the

Do you care to address the "Norwegian" part of his comment? I know y'all kool-aid drinkers like to pick an choose what to comment on, but come on, give it a shot....

Martinez
Martinez 06/07/10 - 06:36 am
I want to disclose that the

I want to disclose that the last Rant is not me .... although I do agree with the spirit in which it was written. I however could care less if people use his middle name. A name does not imply race or religion - stereotypes do. I would rather his name, middle included, be used then some of the other wildly childish, fear mongering and inventive things being posted here.

Martinez
Martinez 06/07/10 - 06:42 am
For Ranter # 3 - Seriously?

For Ranter # 3 - Seriously? Nearly all certified professionals require additional and continuing education to maintain their certifications. And in most cases, the employer who requires the employee to have that certification, pays for those classes. I see nothing wrong with school districts requiring and paying for their teachers to stay current on the latest teaching methods. Students and classrooms have changed so to imply that schools need nothing more today then when George Washington learned to read is silly.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/10 - 06:56 am
Baghdad Jane is how CNN

Baghdad Jane is how CNN correspondent Jane Arraf is referred to. She has dark brown hair. I noticed you pointed out that McVeigh had brown eyes.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/10 - 07:21 am
I will concede Jane Fonda in

I will concede Jane Fonda in this particular argument.

willienelson
willienelson 06/07/10 - 07:51 am
Axually I was just reading an

Axually I was just reading an autobiography about Hanoi Jane and seems she isn't a natural blonde.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 07:53 am
Start the countdown

Start the countdown clock.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/10 - 08:10 am
Give Willie a chocolate fish,

Give Willie a chocolate fish, a green balloon, and a Bozo button he is correct. She is a natural brunette.

usafvet
usafvet 06/07/10 - 08:14 am
She also caused me to change

She also caused me to change my opinion of Ted Turner. Before her, I thought Ted was a amart individual.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 08:23 am
I still have more "special

I still have more "special avatars" of her that I haven't used yet.....

usafvet
usafvet 06/07/10 - 08:27 am
Where is countyman? We

Where is countyman? We desperately need mental reinforcement of the greatness and safety of Augusta. Especially on his hallowed First Friday events. Now we tax payers in Richmond County will be paying for investigations and probably legal fees because a punk thug from Atlanta, at sixteen years of age was arrested, resisted arrest, at 12:40 am in our town. His mother is already blaming the police. She should be incarcerated herself for neglect. When will parents accept responsibility of correctly raising their off spring. These kids need to be at home at that hour with their parents who should give up their own late night entertainment and fulfill their RESPONSIBILITY.

usafvet
usafvet 06/07/10 - 08:28 am
I've seen the best ones of

I've seen the best ones of her in the urinals at Post 205.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 08:29 am
Maybe he really wasn't a

Maybe he really wasn't a minor out past curfew. He could have been an undocumented person of legal age......

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 08:29 am
usafvet - I've helped fade

usafvet - I've helped fade those out many a time. There are other versions that I've collected from posts all over the country.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 06/07/10 - 08:36 am
I was "asked" not to adorn

I was "asked" not to adorn VFW #3200 facilities with any of those stickers. But I'm still relatively young, there will be time later.

sliique
sliique 06/07/10 - 08:57 am
"Trey," what you know about

"Trey," what you know about "woot," would fit in a thimble!

usafvet
usafvet 06/07/10 - 09:23 am
Petey, are you active duty,

Petey, are you active duty, or is your profession and whereabouts classified? Will understand.

usafvet
usafvet 06/07/10 - 09:26 am
Poor sliique. It always takes

Poor sliique. It always takes him/her at least 24 hours to come up with another foolish post. And we do it with such frequency. Beat you to one sliique.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 06/07/10 - 09:41 am
usafvet - 1981-2004 active

usafvet - 1981-2004 active duty. I'm retarded (officially/technically/mostly in case anybody in a black SUV asks) now.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/07/10 - 09:44 am
sliique - If you will respond

sliique - If you will respond to this post to prove you are still watching, I will be happy to prove my contention and enlighten the others at the same time on the origin of that term. It seems to me that you are a "drive by" poster, I don't have the time or desire to mess with any of that.

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary because of excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to enact an ...