Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

YOUR STATS SAY there were 32 car thefts right on Broad Street in 2008. Will anybody in Augusta ever wake up and go back to using walking beat cops who carry big sticks? Until that happens, fewer and fewer honest shoppers will get near Broad Street.

AS ALWAYS, Hillary Clinton says the rich should pay more taxes, carefully omitting that the vast majority of taxes are already paid by the rich.

HEADLINE: "Annual depicts kids as jailbirds." All high school yearbooks are supposed to be put together by students under the strict guidance of teachers. Where were the teachers? Principal Frazier said, "The parents ... thought it was all in fun." Yep! Those are the same parents who are rearing kids to go straight from public school to the streets to prison.

MASSACHUSETTS health officials are forming a team to "tackle hoarding issues." Since there is no law against stocking up on things, why does a government go to the trouble to pretend this is in some way illegal? You can cram a privately owned house with dead leaves, and it's no business of government. That is, it's not until government works night and day to invent excuses to take over every single freedom we have.

AN INTERNATIONAL GROUP called Doctors Without Borders "called on rich countries to fulfill their obligations to poorer nations." Richer countries have no obligations to poorer nations. Charity is private, not national.

SCHOOL IS OUT, and the kids are already out getting in trouble. My son's truck was stolen after he stopped for gas after work. Would like to thank Richmond County sheriff's deputies for recovering his truck so quickly. Hopefully these kids find something productive to do for the summer.

THIS IS AN awe-struck rave over the fabulous new I-20 and Bobby Jones interchange.

A RANT TO some parents who continue to allow their students to act disrespectfully, rudely and dismissive of good deeds done for them by their teachers and other staff. This is disgraceful; you are setting them up for future failure due to their attitudes.

RAVE TO THE GIRL and others like her who would donate their hair to help others. You know, your paper should set up positive, good stories like these in a tabloid newspaper or a brochure of some sort geared to the kids. Perhaps with more reading material like this, we won't have the high school level kids want to glorify criminals ever again.

Tell us what you think
Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 06/03/10 - 01:58 am
It's too dangerous for police

It's too dangerous for police officers to patrol on foot down there!

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 06/03/10 - 02:20 am
"Violence is the last refuge

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

-- Isaac Asimov

Beat cops..bicycle cops..both are good ideas...downtown..agreed.
Which means she will pay higher taxes also....
Parents teach their children loose morals..kids emulate parents lack of self discipline..teachers approve..yep, sounds stupid to me too.
Bill of Rights is steadily going wrong..courtesy of the idiots in DC who keep eroding them w their stupid law-making.
I used to think grammar did not have the power it did..now I am affirmed I was incorrect....it's the PC power...charity used to be universal..people gave as they were willing....but in today's world, the only folks who can afford to give are the rich...
Good kids will find jobs..bad ones will find trouble waiting for them...
It's been done about six months now..did you just pass thru town or what?
A kid's attitude is based solely on the kid's ability to think analytically...if you think you will be disciplined..you probably will..no fear, and crime prevails...attitude is an individual choice and we all live w the consequences of our decisions.
A children's newspapaer w only good stories...yeah let's keep teaching them the world is okay and it's all nice out there...so when reality hits hard they are lost and have no clue...good thinkin'.
Can't believe I'm even awake..must be getting my water back where it needs to be...
You know what they say..it's 4:20 somewhere....might as well be the middle of the Atlantic...Ya'll be sure to have fun n play nice. G'day.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 06/03/10 - 03:01 am
FairTax.org is the way to go.

FairTax.org is the way to go. The government would then collect money from the prostitutes, drug dealers, mafia, gamblers, etc. The rich would still pay more because they buy more but everyone would be a contributing member, including illegal aliens who make purchases within the states. However, no matter what tax system we have, it will not work effectively until we STOP SPENDING money like crazy on non-government duties to include many social programs enabling Americans to be non-productive members of society.

Too many parents want to be their kids friends instead of being parents as they should be. You aren't their friends so do you jobs and educate and discipline them and chances are they will turn out well, be productive members of society and will be your friend at the apporpriate age when you are all adults.

Trouble

lol, morning willi

lol, morning willi

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:04 am
ahhhhhh, my favorite French

ahhhhhh, my favorite French girl

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:07 am
Is it a bad sign if it hurts

Is it a bad sign if it hurts her knees when she get herr nipples pierced?

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:11 am
Where does Augusta get the

Where does Augusta get the money for beat cops?

Zoe
Zoe 06/03/10 - 07:12 am
omg.......lol

omg.......lol

Zoe
Zoe 06/03/10 - 07:13 am
well then, good morning less

well then, good morning less than some......

Zoe
Zoe 06/03/10 - 07:13 am
shut up willie..the rest of

shut up willie..the rest of ya'll have a very nice day. And I love ya'll vera munch.

Trouble
Trouble 06/03/10 - 07:13 am
lol

lol

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:16 am
Zoe, I have missed you so

Zoe, I have missed you so much, I look for your posts everyday....sorry, not Zoe...I meant Bob....

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:16 am
Hey Bob

Hey Bob

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:21 am
Actually....whichever one has

Actually....whichever one has breakfast ready

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:27 am
Or who will buy me breakfast

Or who will buy me breakfast

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/03/10 - 07:28 am
Good AM to 99% of

Good AM to 99% of Augusta...the 1% can kiss my grits
I'm picking...& grining this am willie.

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:28 am
OK...Hey everybody....I just

OK...Hey everybody....I just want some breakfast

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:28 am
Morning, seenit. Stop

Morning, seenit. Stop picking, that's not lady like

cristinadh
cristinadh 06/03/10 - 07:29 am
the truth hurts!!

the truth hurts!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/03/10 - 07:30 am
I didn't say where I was

I didn't say where I was picking willie! lol

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:30 am
So does a broken nose.

So does a broken nose.

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:31 am
Well, just wash your hands

Well, just wash your hands and stop that!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/03/10 - 07:32 am
Yeh...ya right cause I need

Yeh...ya right cause I need some eggs this am....out of grits.

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:37 am
When I'm outta grits I sub

When I'm outta grits I sub pan roasted taters. Quick instructions. Place taters in microwave on wet towel, cover, microwave for bout 10 minutes, slice taters, put in frying pan with tiny bit of olive oil, ask Popeye first, spice to suit

willienelson 06/03/10 - 07:38 am
Heading outta town

Heading outta town today...see you guys Sunday

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/03/10 - 07:41 am
Thanks willie my poem for

Thanks willie

my poem for today
Where did all the posters go
I wish they would come & play
Where did all the posters go
I hope they don't stay away
Where did all the posters go
Maybe today will be the day...
have work to do ...seeya later

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 06/03/10 - 08:10 am
Good Moanin, y'all.

Good Moanin, y'all.

CobaltGeorge
209333
CobaltGeorge 06/03/10 - 08:19 am
Food for thought: Let's put

Food for thought:

Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a nursing home. This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies, and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment , wheel chairs etc. And they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly ,if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes, and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool, and education.

Simple clothing , shoes, slippers, P.J.'S and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard ,with gardens. Each senior could have a PC, A TV, radio, and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors, to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct, that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone, and unsupervised. Lights off at PM, and showers once a week.

Live in a tiny room, and pay $5,000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.

Justice for all.