Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

NEW YORK CITY Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says the Times Square wanna-be bomber proves we need more gun control. Where do cities find such nitwits to hold high office? The terrorist wasn't using a gun; he was using a bomb!

AUGUSTA, GA., golf capital of the world, cannot maintain a city golf course but wants to spend money to build an unnecessary baseball field. Go figure! With the help of private funds, along with public funds, the Patch could be, and should be, a destination golf course.

THE "PATCH" should continue to raise rates to cover the expenses the city is covering for golfers who probably have the means to pay more. Enough of this nonsense. Get the city to stand up and be accountable.

AFRICAN-AMERICANS are complaining because Sandra Bullock is adopting a black child. What difference does it make? The woman is caring, successful, will give the child a wonderful life.

THERE IS FAR TOO MUCH favoritism and nepotism in Richmond County schools. Good, hardworking educators are often passed over for lazy moochers or incompetent relatives and friends. Let's hope the new superintendent can see the truth and act on it.

WHAT IS GOING ON in today's public schools? A Chronicle headline says: "Teachers squeeze in cursive lessons after standardized testing is complete." Somebody in Atlanta or Washington is forcing teachers to teach the basics last, only giving them time to "squeeze in" those basics, and all in favor of teaching how to pass a test dictated by D.C. This is exactly backwards from any kind of common sense.

DEAR DOWNTOWN merchants: Sorry, no time for breakfast this morning. I wish I could eat breakfast, wanted to eat breakfast, but stuck behind another train.

I THINK THAT Wrightsboro Road would be a lot smoother if they took the asphalt off it.

PLEASE, MR. MAYOR, give us a sidewalk up and down Aumond Road. Without it, it is too dangerous to walk or ride bikes.

PHOTO SHOWS a grinning Sonny Perdue, very happy with budget "balanced" by raising taxes by $200 million and fees (more taxes) by $90 million. Any politician can raise spending and tax us more. Isn't there one somewhere who can actually cut spending and cut government programs? Apparently not.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 05/14/10 - 12:37 am
Here's a rant to the city of

Here's a rant to the city of Augusta...quit sending nine employees w the water dept to do a three man job....I see it everywhere...always half or more standing around watching the others working and only a few times did any of these hit a lick at the work...there's another perfect example of wasteful spending..wanna fix the patch? Fire about half the city employees who are on the govt dole..no, not receiving hand outs, just lazy bums the city doesn't have the nads to fire...what a town.
People in power just love making erroneous statements..look at the federal examples we have..nuff said.
The patch should be sold to the highest bidder and perhaps they would build a sports complex for baseball and other venues there...hmmm...things that make you wonder who's doing the thinking around here...
What the heck is an "African American"? Either you are an American or you are not...how can you be both...dual citizenship?
As long as the local govt plays favorites and forgets fair play there will be those who criticize the city leadership...WAKE UP PEOPLE!
The concept we have to cater to educational guidelines passed to the local educators out of PC based Washington DC we will have to put up with complete idiocy at the local level...yeah that's right, let's keep on dumbing down the next generations ad infinitum until no one can spell their name or read a book, make a purchase or give a customer correct change...let's give the govt the squeeze in November..how's that?
When will Augusta decide that to keep the trains they will either have to route the traffic under or over it or the trains over or under the roads...it happens all the time in progressive cities that have someone thinking at the wheel...oh yeah, this is Augusta..home of the rich fat cats who love a game involving hitting a rock w a stick into a tiny hole...all in the name of progress...jeesh.
Wrightsboro Rd should be widened and repaved or else re-routed to a better inlet into the hospital district...but who would use common sense in this town?..I bet if you tried to find it, you would be looking for a very long time...
Back in the day, Aumond Rd used to be residential until they started routing Master's traffic thru it...now it's a shortcut to Walton Way Ext and the shops out that way....want a sidewalk? Take up a collection and get the permit to have it done yourself...please don't burden the taxpayer cuz you wanna go ride bikes.
Let's elect the 3-star general and oust Purdoh...he's a crook anyway, lining his pockets while cutting education and selling out our kids to the Govt in DC...way to go Sonny...we want four more years of your blatant criminal acts...change you can believe in...change all incumbents in NOV...vote no more repeat terms until we get reliable folks to run our govt...
Now if you think I'm being cynical..you're right...thanks AC for the fodder to make me feel good...I love it.
The rest of you w the exception of one particular femmenazi...have a super Friday...the other should go hide under a rock until she is flattened by a bulldozer and discovered ten years after...
Quixote for the day: "the smoker you drink, the player you get." (Joe Walsh)...G'day.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 05/14/10 - 03:20 am
Why shouldn't we give our

Why shouldn't we give our teachers a license to obtain software, all software, any software, for nothing? Does anyone demand a licensing fee, each time a child is taught the alphabet?
-William Gibson

w00t!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 03:33 am
Good Morning Awguster!!!

Good Morning Awguster!!!

Trouble
Trouble 05/14/10 - 03:37 am
morning all

morning all

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 05/14/10 - 03:45 am
The moon is new. The morning

The moon is new. The morning stars are Mercury, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus and Jupiter. The evening stars are Venus and Mars.

Let us watch the cycle unfold....

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 05/14/10 - 05:09 am
Happy birthday to the birth

Happy birthday to the birth control pill, which turns 50 years old this week. You know what that means? If you’re 51, there’s a good chance that your parents didn’t want you.
-Jay Leno

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 05/14/10 - 05:15 am
Yesterday (Taurus moon) was

Yesterday (Taurus moon) was the best day to plant underground crops except during the lunar void...today the moon enters Gemini at 9:17 AM PDT...hot and humid, the light is beginning to crest the horizon so remember today is the day the Lord has made...he made the stars for evening light and for signs to reveal himself to us...be glad and rejoice, pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks...for this is the Lord's will for you...God Bless and somebody please put a cork in her mouth...Love ya all....hydrate hydrate hydrate...I'm out the door.

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 06:23 am
What guy in his right mind

What guy in his right mind wouldn't want to live in a beautiful beach town like Morehead City??

Trouble
Trouble 05/14/10 - 06:31 am
morning willi

morning willi

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 06:46 am
If you're looking for

If you're looking for Trouble...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 06:54 am
Morehead City???? NC????

Morehead City???? NC????

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 06:57 am
Yep...I'm not moving

Yep...I'm not moving there...just a rhetorical question

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 06:58 am
The Cabbage Patch should

The Cabbage Patch should remain open all the time and be free to users no matter what the cost. You never know when you can save someones life with a well placed 9 iron shot.

cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 05/14/10 - 07:06 am
I hate comments like "AFRICAN

I hate comments like "AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE COMPLAINING". What African Americans?, Who? Have you asked every African American how they feel about the adoption or are you just drawing a wrong conclusion on your own. Please consider what you report, these type of comments are what cause problems in society today.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 07:08 am
I was just curious, I was

I was just curious, I was raised not far from Morehead City. And considering recent developments concerning my own head maybe I should move there.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 07:10 am
Hyphenated Anything American

Hyphenated Anything American should be an outrage to all. Drop the damn hyphen, pick one and remain loyal to it. Should you choose the former, flights are available from Bush Field that will connect in either Charlotte or Atlanta that will get you anywhere in the world. I wish you God Speed on your journey.

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:12 am
lol. If you wanta move back

lol. If you wanta move back to the beach there are some gulf coast properties with really low prices

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 07:13 am
And cajun food is good too!

And cajun food is good too!

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:14 am
willi plans to make his first

willi plans to make his first porch appearance on Tuesday the 18th, he will be at the Airport Ramada the remainder of that week

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:16 am
Shark attacks are down by

Shark attacks are down by over 200% in the Gulf of Mexico-America

Trouble
Trouble 05/14/10 - 07:24 am
willi, you performing at the

willi, you performing at the ramada?

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:29 am
I am. You should come see me.

I am. You should come see me. I'll be in the lounge til closing and the restaurant every chance I get

Trouble
Trouble 05/14/10 - 07:33 am
lol, i just might do that,

lol, i just might do that, just promise me you wont sing

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:35 am
C'mon, T. I thought you, RK,

C'mon, T. I thought you, RK, me, Ernie....a little karaoke

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 05/14/10 - 07:38 am
Gotta have CBBP to supervise

Gotta have CBBP to supervise and Doc for video documentation.

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:40 am
I'm good with all that. I'm

I'm good with all that. I'm thinking we can do something topless and romantic like....I don't wanta bump no more with no big fat woman

Trouble
Trouble 05/14/10 - 07:46 am
lol, sounds like a plan to

lol, sounds like a plan to me........but we better have an ambulance ready when the 3 of you start singing and the stampede starts

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/10 - 07:46 am
Did willie just call T fat???

Did willie just call T fat???

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:46 am
Don't like that idea....how

Don't like that idea....how bout something topless and romantic like....Wipe out

willienelson
willienelson 05/14/10 - 07:47 am
Willi is not very smart but

Willi is not very smart but would never call T fat. RK just hates me...lol