Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE HIGHLAND PARK neighborhood: If it weren't for those veterans, you might be saying "heil Hitler" or the United States could be a communist dictatorship. Shame on you for not wanting the veterans to have a home. Don't you think they deserve one?

A RANT FOR the South Carolina Highway Department. Will you please cut the grass and weeds on Highway 125 from North Augusta to Jackson? You let it get so high every year, I can't tell the difference between a deer head and a mailbox. I've already hit one this year, and I don't want to hit another.

SONNY PERDUE is urging a review system for teachers. Perdue wants to get another $400 million from Washington. Isn't this just Perdue wanting to sell more Georgia sovereignty to Obama?

EDGEFIELD COUNTY schools are feeding our children unhealthy lunches. So many of the children would love a salad bar. Why not?

A RANT TO THE PERSON who said Glenn Beck has no right to mention Martin Luther King's name along with the tea partiers. Why don't you dig up some of the true history on Dr. King? You may not be so offended after all.

ARIZONA PASSES a state law that allows Arizona cops to do what the feds should be doing, and Obama calls Arizona "irresponsible." Obama took office and immediately began to break laws.

SOME HISPANICS say they fear profiling under Arizona's new immigration law. American citizens and legal immigrants should be happy to prove they're legit in order to get criminals out of the U.S. It's in their interest, both politically and economically, to get illegals kicked out.

MAYBE WE OLD, white Tea Party supporters, who have paid taxes all our working lives and are still paying them, have had more experience with government-run programs and know that if you think you are going to get something free, then you are very gullible and are in for a rude awakening.

A RANT TO PARENTS who spare the rod. Loving your child doesn't mean caving in to every whim and putting the blame on yourself for every misbehavior. If you love your children, then firmly discipline them to help instill respect and self-control. It's undisciplined children and the entertainment venues who cater to them that are causing our society to crumble.

Tell us what you think
Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/28/10 - 11:53 pm
A nice collections of

A nice collections of Rants/Raves today. Since I like them and think they are valid, the loony left will probably hate them. That is the Litmus Test.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/29/10 - 01:41 am
I think the risk potential

I think the risk potential for "mischief" and abuse of a self-serve salad bar at a public school would outweigh any possible health benefit. If you don't agree, go to a local buffet and get a seat where you can watch unattended kids serving themselves at the salad/dessert bar....you will see the light.

Nightwing
Nightwing 04/29/10 - 02:39 am
All children of a certain age

All children of a certain age need to be attended by a parent or guardian when out in public. The mall, restaurant, coffee shops, etc., are not places to let your child run amok. Teach your children manners and self control. Spare the rod and spoil the child, never too old for a spanking if deserved.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/29/10 - 02:39 am
Don't care about none of

Don't care about none of these...salad is only good when you work hard and it's hot...a winter salad? maybe jello...highland park Hitlers...? ...must be small deer in SC...grass as tall as deer heads....are you driving off-road?....leave the teachers alone and let them teach...how many years will we turn loose the dumb-butts on society that can't read write or do arithmetic?...what really ought to concern us is not what folks say, but what they do...talk is cheap....every President thinks they are a law unto themselves...Ford pardoned Nixon, Clinton redefined sex, Bush bombed Iraq...laws are not so strict that they can't be tested...Gubment...whatcha gonna do? Parents beat your kids into submission...spare the rod and spoil the child is well past us...now if you don't whup 'em good they'll never get the message...just don't be cruel, but dopn't show mercy at the first tear either...kids need correction and in today's world of killer games and TV/movies, they won't understand a slap on the butt, but they will listen when you lift them up out of there insubordinate seat and they end up across the room...(I think most of us who had good parents received some correction similar to this w a belt, paddle or a switch..but today's PC won't let you lift a finger against your lawyered-up kid who disses you....)..good gubment we got ain't it?...Ya'll have a great Thor's Day...and stay away from his hammer.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/29/10 - 03:20 am
I love looking at the full

I love looking at the full moon and observing the changes in cycles and rhythms. God created a wonderful universe.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/29/10 - 03:39 am
Good Morning Awguster I have

Good Morning Awguster

I have to rant about the hyphenated Americans again. I came to the realization today that terrorists don't give a damn about what comes before the hyphen. All they care about is the American part. So again for all you -Americans, pick one already and remain loyal to it. Should it be the former, flights are available every day from Bush Field that will get you to Atlanta or Charlotte from which you can get to any part of the world you desire.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 04/29/10 - 04:20 am
What can you do against the

What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?

-George Orwell

w00t!

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 05:03 am
morning all, i would like to

morning all, i would like to know if the second ranter means that they have hit a deer or a mailbox.......

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 06:14 am
ok people, wake up, i have

ok people, wake up, i have had my coffee, it is safe to post again.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/29/10 - 06:23 am
I want to dedicate this next

I want to dedicate this next song to Cobalt-anybody with over 2500 country songs in his computer will appreciate it..

I've been living a new way of the life that I love so
but I can see the clouds are gathering
and the storm will wreck our home
for last night she held you tightly
and you didn't even shove
this is true for I've been watching
from the window up above...G Jones or M Gilley The Window Up Above
Good am Augusta....Trouble pleeze get a fenced in area for your pups...we are walking over poo everyday from all the other pups following you around..& I don't think this one is really "fixed"..we don't want to see a bump on that avatar....lol.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/29/10 - 06:24 am
I hate it when Mailboxes run

I hate it when Mailboxes run out in front of my truck! So much paper everywhere! What a mess!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/29/10 - 06:27 am
So... If i "illegally" break

So... If i "illegally" break the law i'm arrested ? I thought the word "illegal" meant "against the law " .... Does this mean we can kick all "illegal " Mexicans out of the country ?!!!

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 06:32 am
cbbp, i suspected that second

cbbp, i suspected that second rant was you....when are you taking me to breakfast again???

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/29/10 - 06:32 am
RnR, that is exactly what the

RnR, that is exactly what the laws that are not being enforced say.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/29/10 - 06:35 am
Johnny...I know a good

Johnny...I know a good dentist.

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 06:35 am
seenit, be better be real

seenit, be better be real good.......lol

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 04/29/10 - 06:37 am
To the last Rant! So true.

To the last Rant! So true. Also to the Rant about school lunches if you don't like what the school is feeding your kid,pack them a lunch!Wait you must be one of those parents that get free lunches and then complain about it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/29/10 - 06:39 am
I am sooo looking forward to

I am sooo looking forward to all the intelligent & worldly posts we will see on here today...I can see why others are attracted to r&r (even tho they complain about it)because we have all flavors...choc.-vanilla-butter pecan-rocky road-pistachio-sherbet....some with nuts...let it roll.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/29/10 - 06:42 am
Trouble...Would it be

Trouble...Would it be possible to take some of the pups to work with you?? They leave a mess that we have to pick up when you leave for work..:o)

corgimom
corgimom 04/29/10 - 06:44 am
I don't know about y'all, but

I don't know about y'all, but I know the difference between a deer and a mailbox. They do not look alike, and even more important, a mailbox doesn't run out into the road. I think that particular ranter needs glasses.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/29/10 - 06:45 am
Trouble, I'd love to take you

Trouble, I'd love to take you to breakfast, but you'll really have to contain those puppies! I mean, all in my coffee and on my waffles! There's only so much I can handle!

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 06:46 am
lol seenit, i dont have a

lol seenit, i dont have a cage to keep them in.......

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/29/10 - 06:47 am
I wish I could think of a

I wish I could think of a good country song for Corgi...maybe it will come to me today!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/29/10 - 06:47 am
seenit is being bad, she

seenit is being bad, she called me a nut, I'm telling Sean

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 06:47 am
damn cbbp, that is the first

damn cbbp, that is the first complaint i have ever gotten about them, now i dont know how to respond..........

Trouble
Trouble 04/29/10 - 06:48 am
corgi, i was going on the

corgi, i was going on the assumption that the mail box had antlers......

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/29/10 - 06:48 am
Colbeer...I'm worried ..this

Colbeer...I'm worried ..this pup sez he's fixed but I dunno...I just don't want to see a bump on her avatar...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/29/10 - 06:49 am
Sometimes you feel like a

Sometimes you feel like a nut...........One of my coworkers hit a deer the other day. He really knocked the mail out of it!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/29/10 - 06:50 am
Seenit, that avatar already

Seenit, that avatar already has two nice bumps on it!

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.