Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Note to the member of the "moocher class" who doesn't understand the outrage of the Tea Party movement. We won't opt out of our Medicare entitlements because we bought and paid for them with a lifetime of hard work and contributions from our paychecks. If it wasn't for the mostly white, old people that make up most of the Tea Party, people like you would not be able to sit on your duff, collect money for work you never did.

Since the Richmond County Board of Education Transportation Department doesn't seem able to control its bus drivers, who can? I've complained too many times to count about a bus on Highway 56. This morning he held up four lanes of traffic to wait for one lazy, self-centered high school girl to come out of the house and leisurely stroll down the driveway while on her cell phone to get to the bus. Why did he wait? She should have been there waiting for him. That's not the worst of it. This morning, as is the case most mornings, another bus passed me on Highway 56. I was going almost 65. The speed limit is 55.

Regent Felton Jenkins says we must reorganize the MCG system. Then he says, "Maybe there were personality conflicts." Personality conflicts aren't caused by the system. They're caused by different personalities. What the heck is going on with all this sudden "we've gotta change everything" stuff? Somebody's playing a game. And when somebody's playing a big-money game, is somebody just looking for more dictatorial power?

Meth labs seem to be popping up everywhere and simply go ignored - that is until a pawnshop owner is murdered by the druggies. Why does someone have to be killed in cold blood for authorities to take action?

Dieway 56 needs to be fixed now! If the permanent solution (widening) cannot happen for several more years, at least some temporary fixes could be done in the meantime. Deceleration lanes (right turn lanes) could be added for all intersections; flashing overhead lights (or even actual traffic signals) could be added at accident-prone intersections; warning signs could be added to warn drivers to prepare to stop for traffic ahead of them making turns.

All of the RAVES extolling the wonderful job Obama and the progressive liberals are doing in D.C. are concrete examples of the fact that we as educators have failed miserably to teach critical thinking skills.

I am a teacher. With the lack of a step increase and the furlough days, I made less this year than last year. Yet I paid more federal taxes this year than last year. Tell me again how Obama is helping the little people. I still haven't figured that out.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 04/27/10 - 07:36 am
China doesn't mess around

China doesn't mess around with their program.

willienelson
willienelson 04/27/10 - 07:38 am
Starting breakfast for Mrs

Starting breakfast for Mrs Willie. Gotta happy her up before I share latest proposal. I'll let you know how it comes out....lol

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 07:43 am
Aye IS grateful the topic is

Aye IS grateful the topic is not Vetiquette, gardening, guns, or poo today. =:-D

corgimom
corgimom 04/27/10 - 07:45 am
Seenit, you wouldn't believe

Seenit, you wouldn't believe the number of women who don't know who the father of their children is- there's a big list to choose from-or "all I know is that his name be D-Boo", or even worse, "We just hooked up, I don't know his name." It's as if there's a parallel universe out there from what we know to be normal, healthy, stable life. It's horrific.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 07:51 am
Corgi: This is where

Corgi: This is where President Aye's proposals to end ALL FEDERAL government stipend programs would really benefit society. People would no longer be able to be so cavalier towards "family" as if they don't have "family" they must surely die.
Aye says that is just.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/27/10 - 07:50 am
Corgi...We have programs in

Corgi...We have programs in place that encourages this to continue...It started with good intentions but now it's waaaay out of wack..We need to cancel all programs that keep women out of marriage..Some whites also enjoy this payout program & won't marry the father of their baby..(sad to say I know a couple)

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 07:55 am
Aye asks forgiveness for the

Aye asks forgiveness for the following post:
Zeno: email me at Ayetidiosi@live.com please. I may have need of some temp help. Please use your original posting name (we both know what it was) so that I can discern you from the retarded person who stalks my posts.

This post refers not to any particular retarded person, though they suffer delusions to the contrary

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/27/10 - 07:55 am
Gotta go/dogs going to vet.

Gotta go/dogs going to vet.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 07:55 am
woof!

woof!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/27/10 - 08:07 am
Has anyone else taken note of

Has anyone else taken note of the coverage of the Yazoo, Mississippi, tornado strike? Several things jumped out at me; first, it was the unaffected neighbors who rushed in to aid the stricken. The newscasters mentioned how they jumped on their four-wheelers to get through the debris and took chainsaws to enable them to get to the ones who could be saved. It took the state almost 24 hours to get anything resembling aid to the city; and the Feds have barely been heard from.

See, I don't understand the Yazoo reaction. Why weren't they on their rooftops, waiting for the 'gummint' to come and rescue them? Where are their $2,000.00 checks? Their hotel rooms? Their trailers? Where is the condemnation chorus for FEMA? Where is the outcry the government failed to protect these vulnerable citizens, and should pay reparations?

I'll give you a hint: this suburb is majority white; the government owes them nothing.

fdn315
fdn315 04/27/10 - 08:08 am
The comment section > Rants &

The comment section > Rants & Raves

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 08:10 am
DS: Aye can answer your

DS: Aye can answer your query.Perfect Obama Supporters live in urban areas. Rural areas are inhabited by self-reliant folks of all races and heritage. Kinda hard to live off the Gubmint when the "Obamamoney" office is 100 miles away.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 08:14 am
Outstanding recognition

Outstanding recognition skills, fd. Aye looks forward to stimulating, intellectual discussion with you in the future. Welcome aboard.

fdn315
fdn315 04/27/10 - 08:24 am
most definitely

most definitely

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/27/10 - 08:52 am
Good Morning America,

Good Morning America, Veterans, all my pretty ladies and supporters of this great country.

dstewartsr and corgimon on other threads and R&R, you have made my top of the list of for speaking with common sense. Love it.

Doc, thanks for thinking about my need for Vitamin D at 3:39 this morning. I have to say that I get a lot of that sunshine every day to the point that if I go the Arizona I may be asked to provide my proof of citizenship.

Zeno, you saw my garden and how to keep them there deer out of it. I have plenty of wire U can use. May have some more work in the near future.

I have a lot to do outside as soon as the market opens. I haven't figured out if is going to be up or down today. Fold or Hold?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/27/10 - 09:07 am
Aye check the Live

Aye check the Live mail...twice...

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/27/10 - 09:10 am
I say hold CG...just my gut

I say hold CG...just my gut feeling..nothing to back it up...but don't bet the farm on my advice..please don't...let me know when you need me to come do anything...just breathing the air out there is a benefit...

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/27/10 - 09:12 am
CG I may have some bills to

CG I may have some bills to pay in the near future so that might work out for both of us...

corgimom
corgimom 04/27/10 - 09:15 am
President Aye, may I

President Aye, may I respectfully make a suggestion to you? When you become President, set the pay scale for Congress as whatever the median income of the US is. Nobody with assets over $1 million can serve.

Ahhh...if only....

whatever1234
whatever1234 04/27/10 - 09:35 am
Dear teacher, while I do see

Dear teacher, while I do see your point and understand your frustration be thankful you have a job. There are many people unemployed, there are lots of folks (like me) who took a permanent pay cut last year of 10% or more and no hopes of seeing that back any time soon. I would gladly take a few furlough days instead of a permanent salary cut. No raise this year, since when are step increases gauranteed?? I would say be thankful for what you have that most others don't - a stable job.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/27/10 - 09:41 am
Aye, Zeno knows no post of

Aye, Zeno knows no post of the one I emailed a response to before I realized it was an un-request...my mis-read...please disregard emails then...you were un-asking, weren't you? And I don't follow you around...so I'm not that retard, I'm different one...no, I didn't say that out loud, did I?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 10:13 am
Zeno: valid request, sir. I

Zeno: valid request, sir. I replied to your email a minute ago. :)

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 10:15 am
President Aye, may I

_____________________________
President Aye's proposals to reduce the Federal Government to the duties clearly delineated by the Constitution of the United States of America will restore Congress to a part-time job with pay commensurate.
There will be NO MORE MILLIONAIRES made off the backs of the voter/taxpayer.
Thanks for your support.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/27/10 - 10:25 am
CG, you are quite welcome for

CG, you are quite welcome for the Vitamin-D article. I was thinking more along the lines of the mobility issues. I know that you get your share of sun. However, I was the one that thought of you and posted it. That is unless you are one of the Kook-Aid or WalMart box-wine drinkers who believe Doc and I are the same person.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 10:26 am
Doc, thanks for thinking

____________________________
Aye is Doc. Trey is neither Aye nor Doc. Doc sleeps at night, Trey often does not. Trey is a decorated American Hero. Doc is a capitalist pig who never served. We are indeed brothers, but not the same person. There was a published essay on this subject yesterday which I'll spare repeating today. Please make note, thanks George.

keep the emails acomin, they are (almost) all great.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/27/10 - 10:47 am
What's up Doc, I is confused,

What's up Doc, I is confused, or is Aye confused? I sleep both day and night...but I work both times also...anybody's guess when you'll find me...I'm neither a capitalist pig (though I sometimes should be to practice good survivor instincts) and I never served though I tried but was rejected for past errors and then the draft ended....never occurred I could have tried again...until I was too old...does this help confuse the issue more? I was trying anyway.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 10:54 am
To whomever insists on

To whomever insists on emailing others claiming to know anything about me:
YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE SO KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF.
Thank you.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/27/10 - 10:48 am
Oh no, Zeno. Please tell me

Oh no, Zeno. Please tell me that nobody thinks you are me too?

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/27/10 - 10:50 am
This is starting to harken

This is starting to harken back to "the good old days" when PTHS was being blamed/persecuted/crucified for the posts of about 10 others.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/27/10 - 10:51 am
I knew it,,, you & Zeno..

I knew it,,, you & Zeno.. must be the same jokes that gave you away>> just kidding lol