Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Note to the member of the "moocher class" who doesn't understand the outrage of the Tea Party movement. We won't opt out of our Medicare entitlements because we bought and paid for them with a lifetime of hard work and contributions from our paychecks. If it wasn't for the mostly white, old people that make up most of the Tea Party, people like you would not be able to sit on your duff, collect money for work you never did.

Since the Richmond County Board of Education Transportation Department doesn't seem able to control its bus drivers, who can? I've complained too many times to count about a bus on Highway 56. This morning he held up four lanes of traffic to wait for one lazy, self-centered high school girl to come out of the house and leisurely stroll down the driveway while on her cell phone to get to the bus. Why did he wait? She should have been there waiting for him. That's not the worst of it. This morning, as is the case most mornings, another bus passed me on Highway 56. I was going almost 65. The speed limit is 55.

Regent Felton Jenkins says we must reorganize the MCG system. Then he says, "Maybe there were personality conflicts." Personality conflicts aren't caused by the system. They're caused by different personalities. What the heck is going on with all this sudden "we've gotta change everything" stuff? Somebody's playing a game. And when somebody's playing a big-money game, is somebody just looking for more dictatorial power?

Meth labs seem to be popping up everywhere and simply go ignored - that is until a pawnshop owner is murdered by the druggies. Why does someone have to be killed in cold blood for authorities to take action?

Dieway 56 needs to be fixed now! If the permanent solution (widening) cannot happen for several more years, at least some temporary fixes could be done in the meantime. Deceleration lanes (right turn lanes) could be added for all intersections; flashing overhead lights (or even actual traffic signals) could be added at accident-prone intersections; warning signs could be added to warn drivers to prepare to stop for traffic ahead of them making turns.

All of the RAVES extolling the wonderful job Obama and the progressive liberals are doing in D.C. are concrete examples of the fact that we as educators have failed miserably to teach critical thinking skills.

I am a teacher. With the lack of a step increase and the furlough days, I made less this year than last year. Yet I paid more federal taxes this year than last year. Tell me again how Obama is helping the little people. I still haven't figured that out.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/27/10 - 03:42 am
I hear they like 420 to raid

I hear they like 420 to raid the garden....something about fresh green sprouts....

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 03:42 am
Funny thing about the

Funny thing about the refresh...I saw gravestones & then the big pic of his avatar....He never fails to surprise us w/his pics...

Trouble
Trouble 04/27/10 - 03:43 am
zeno, i would be much happier

zeno, i would be much happier if they would pay me to stay home........

Trouble
Trouble 04/27/10 - 03:44 am
yea, he can be

yea, he can be creative.........lol

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 03:45 am
Now Trouble you know someone

Now Trouble you know someone has to work & pay the taxes so OTHERS can stay home.

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 03:46 am
Creative...yes that is the

Creative...yes that is the right word f/him.

Trouble
Trouble 04/27/10 - 03:46 am
yea seenit, but why does it

yea seenit, but why does it have to be me??????

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/27/10 - 03:48 am
Be aware, on

Be aware, on legitimate/recognized internet chat abbreviations/brevity "f/him" means something you might not be intending.

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 03:49 am
Because you are a law abiding

Because you are a law abiding person...also your parents brought you up to take care of yourself & not depend on others f/food clothing/housing....I'm very proud to know ya!

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 03:50 am
I just got your message

I just got your message about f/him...of course I wouldn't be that brazen to dare say that...esp. to you.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/27/10 - 03:52 am
The commonly used brevity

The commonly used brevity code for "for" is "4" just FYI. No problem, I just wanted to be clear on what you were intending and were not making an innocent mistake as you create your own chat protocol. You can google and find the "accepted" list of abbreviations that most folks will understand.

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 03:53 am
Of course I should know that

Of course I should know that since it is in my poster name...we forgit.

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 04:00 am
I have been concerned about

I have been concerned about the increasing crime in Richmond cty. When I read Leaves posts (Autumn & Falling) I feel like something more needs to be done...some of these folks are scared in their own homes...that's not right...not trying to change subject, it just worries me.

Trouble
Trouble 04/27/10 - 04:01 am
i live in richmond county,

i live in richmond county, and i am not scared in my own home, or for that matter out of it, but then again, i dont live in the drug areas...

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 04:04 am
My daughter lives off Wheeler

My daughter lives off Wheeler Rd.,, good neighborhood but some are infested with thugs.

Trouble
Trouble 04/27/10 - 04:08 am
ok, it is time for me to head

ok, it is time for me to head out, yall have a good day

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 04:09 am
Trouble have a safe & happy

Trouble have a safe & happy day...

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/27/10 - 04:16 am
Here is the link for the

Here is the link for the Gwinnett County public safety scanner audio:

Enjoy your "tranquility"

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 04:17 am
Thanks...I just added that to

Thanks...I just added that to my favs. for future use.

willienelson
willienelson 04/27/10 - 05:32 am
I can't decide what to cook

I can't decide what to cook for breakfast this morning....I'm thinking some small sausage links for Zoe

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 05:35 am
And may I ask what would you

And may I ask what would you cook for me?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/27/10 - 05:50 am
That's it!!! I'm having ham!

That's it!!! I'm having ham! Who wants this sausage!

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 05:51 am
I'm thinking eggs-grits-bacon

I'm thinking eggs-grits-bacon wheat toast....good old fashion country breakfast. always coffee

corgimom
corgimom 04/27/10 - 05:59 am
Seenit, you were actually

Seenit, you were actually able to watch Al Sharpton for more than 30 seconds?

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 06:02 am
Corgi....I held my breath the

Corgi....I held my breath the whole time...But the sheriff gave him a good come back for everything he said.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 06:32 am
President Obama left white,

President Obama left white, middle-age male voters in his rear-view mirror Monday in launching his first midterm election pitch, calling on "young people, African Americans, Latinos and women" to deliver for Democrats in November.
______________________________
Barack Obama hates white people.

end of Kanye impersonation

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/27/10 - 06:04 am
Good morning folks, hope you

Good morning folks, hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday. Aye'll be generating income to hide from Obama and his minions but he'll be donating his "excess profits" on the way home to wonderful minimum wage workers in Thomson area.

So if you are working at a minimum wage job in Thomson today, and someone "tips" you a $20 or $50 for a glass of tea, congrats, you just met Doc.

seenitB4 04/27/10 - 06:08 am
Thomson is a great little

Thomson is a great little town...GOB lived there for years w/first wife not me.. I Believe In Love playing now....one of my favs. Don Wms

corgimom
corgimom 04/27/10 - 06:09 am
"young people, African

"young people, African Americans, Latinos and women" to deliver for Democrats in November"

There aren't any young white people? There aren't any white women?

Those groups that he named are what make up the bulk of the Democratic party.

Those groups, taken together, constitute the majority of people in this country. And if they do unite, yep, there's gonna be more of the same.

The Democratic Party are no dummies. They watch the demographic trends and adjust their platform accordingly.

Brace yourself, Aye, it doesn't look good.

willienelson
willienelson 04/27/10 - 06:11 am
I was only concerned about

I was only concerned about Zoe's gag reflex...seenit, for you I was thinking pancakes with whipped creme and strawberries...something really sweet

Historic building on Laney campus demolished

The demolition of the 89-year-old Cauley-Wheeler building on the Lucy C. Laney High School campus is over, but the plan for a building that will act as a link to the former site and its story has ...