Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

South Carolina congress­man Bob Inglis says a "federal complex planned for Green­ville will cost about $70 million." (Forget for a moment that no federal courthouse buildings should cost that much.) At the same time, the Gen­eral Services Adminis­tra­tion says "the design process (isn't designing a process?) is expected to begin this fall." If it's not even designed yet, how can Inglis say how much it'll cost? This sounds like the federal government working overtime to confuse the taxpayers.

How dare The Chronicle imply editorially that blood is on the hands of the Clinton administration for the tragedy at Waco, Texas! The blood is on the hands of David Koresh, a child raper whose illegally armed thugs murdered federal agents engaged in enforcing the law. How absurd to point fingers at anyone but Koresh for the deaths of his followers. Was it crazy of Timothy McVeigh to rationalize Waco as a reason for killing people? Yes. But he had a lot of encouragement from fellow crazies who attempted to create an atmosphere of hatred by turning Waco into a twisted cause.

Why is it that a meth house can operate when the neighbors know that drugs are being sold and used at a house? Neigh­bors need to report drug use around them so that the police can shut these places down. Let's all help clean up the crime in south Augusta.

I wish the Columbia County Sheriff's Office would do more patrolling around Evans High School in the morning. The students drive recklessly and endanger the lives of everyone on the road.

The Augusta Commission can't seem to do anything productive. What's the point of forming committees, paying for studies and bringing in experts, just to ignore them all and keep going with the status quo? But they can figure out ways to overpay fired incompetent employees and waste our tax money on things like trolley studies and a new ballpark.

Treasury Secretary Geith­ner says the U.S. economy is very strong. The U.S. government is trillions in debt; people are out of work; inflation is rampant - despite Obama's denials. That ain't strong!

Tell us what you think
Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 04/26/10 - 02:15 am
Sure, taxes aren't going up,

Sure, taxes aren't going up, the defecit is going to go down, and the government isn't trying to grow out of control.....Already the nation's largest employer with nearly 1.9 million on its payroll, federal agencies are expected to hire 244,000 new employees before 2012. Studies estimate that during President Obama's full term, new hiring for all types of federal government positions will reach nearly 600,000 employees -- almost one-third of the current workforce -- with a 41 percent increase in mission-critical hiring compared to previous years. So, I guess there is one promise Obama is trying to keep which is getting jobs for everyone so long as they want to work for him using up all of our tax dollars possible and sending us deeply into debt. Change we can belive in.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/26/10 - 04:20 am
Desperation is a necessary

Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain't desperate at some point, you ain't interesting.

- Jim Carrey

Happy Monday! w00t!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/10 - 04:20 am
Good Morning Hackers

Good Morning Hackers

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/26/10 - 06:06 am
G'mornin, RK Here's wishing

G'mornin, RK

Here's wishing you a reflective and safe Memorial Day observance!

(since I know that the particular day of the week matters little to your schedule other than traffic)

Trouble
Trouble 04/26/10 - 06:48 am
morning all

morning all

chadwick323i
chadwick323i 04/26/10 - 06:53 am
I can't believe it! Nobody

I can't believe it! Nobody mentioned the overboard comics! Curse you obama and the democrats!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/26/10 - 07:38 am
LOL, Zoe. g'mornin and good

LOL, Zoe. g'mornin and good point on #3 - I didn't know what to say about it without getting in hot water for mentioning who I think sent that one in.

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 04/26/10 - 07:43 am
Columbia County Sheriff's

Columbia County Sheriff's Office also needs to do more patrolling around River Ridge Elementary those parents don't know what those flashing lights are for!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:01 am
Mona Lisa Mona Lisa men have

Mona Lisa Mona Lisa men have named you
You're so like the lady with the mystic smile
Is it only cause you're lonely they have blamed you
For that Mona Lisa strangeness in your smile......
Good AM Augusta & Good AM to all the BAAADDD honeybees
don't know why but I feel like we had a party last nite on r&r,,thanks willie .....wink-wink

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:07 am
Hi Zoe....kinda worn out from

Hi Zoe....kinda worn out from last nite ehh?? He can really throw a party.......esp. funny 3 ways to have an O....& then KSL & "you know who"boxing last nite....wow...nite full of surprises...can only imagine what a get together would be like..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:12 am
Zoe...I have seen t-shirts

Zoe...I have seen t-shirts that said I'm with stupid w/arrow pointing toward the person next to them!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:14 am
A special Good AM to

A special Good AM to willienelson......hope your hangover will be a lite one..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:17 am
Did anyone see a pic of the

Did anyone see a pic of the guy in North Carolina....wanted to get close to pres. O.....had a gun....O had toured the Biltmore House.....yikes...The Biltmore House was a drag the last time I was there....tooo many guides acting like school teachers... one even ask my friend if she had diabetes because she had a mint in her mouth!!! They go WAAAYY overboard.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:28 am
Biltmore? What a great

Biltmore? What a great vacation that was! Spent four days, three nights wandering the grounds.
The 5-star hotel onsite was awesome, staff perfect, horses well cared for, winery, oh my the winery.....
I'd recommend the trip to everyone without hesitation.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:29 am
But don't try to eat or drink

But don't try to eat or drink anything, the Biltmore is rather protective of the HISTORICAL floor coverings, the AMAZING wall coverings, and even the velvet ropes which some people think don't apply to them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:32 am
I get your drift...we were

I get your drift...we were adults...acting like adults...others had complained too...& you are right some things are amazing there....just like on here ...amazing folks!!!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:33 am
Aye loves the staff of

Aye loves the staff of Biltmore: they take pride in their jobs and pride in the privilege of working in a historical place.
Acting like adults just doesn't mean what it used to, sadly.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/26/10 - 08:34 am
You don't come here for the

You don't come here for the hunting, do you?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:37 am
The staff went quite out of

The staff went quite out of the way to ask if someone was diabetic, instead of immediately escorting them out of the site for breaking the POSTED RULES concerning food.
Great staff, great place, go folks. Everyone should see the place once, especially the gardens and the winery.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:38 am
BTW, Good Morning rant and

BTW, Good Morning rant and ravers, spenders and savers, well read and brain dead. Happy Monday!

did I leave anyone out?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:42 am
I love you BOTH!!! Ya make

I love you BOTH!!! Ya make everything dangerous & funny...I must like the hunting here...cause others have tried to lure me to other woods..but for some reason the game here has something ya can't find anyplace else...different-out of the norm-crazy-& soooo intelligent.

Trouble
Trouble 04/26/10 - 08:41 am
doc, you forgot

doc, you forgot me............

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:44 am
Good Morning Trouble! why

Good Morning Trouble!

why does this feel so familiar?

willienelson
willienelson 04/26/10 - 08:48 am
North side, east side Little

North side, east side
Little Willy, Willy wears the crown, he's the king around town
Dancing, glancing
Willy drives them silly with his star shoe shimmy shuffle down
Way past one, and feeling alright
'Cause with little Willy round they can last all night
Hey down, stay down, stay down down

'Cause little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/26/10 - 08:48 am
I love you BOTH!!! Ya make

________________________________
Damn fine response, lady. Aye applauds such chutzpah.

willienelson
willienelson 04/26/10 - 08:51 am
Good morning, Trouble. Have I

Good morning, Trouble. Have I ever mentioned that I think you are the smartest, prettiest and nicest of all the posters here?? And don't listen to anything Trey says about me.

GAterp
GAterp 04/26/10 - 08:56 am
Did the Ayeman take the extra

Did the Ayeman take the extra behind the scenes tours at Biltmore? A little extra, but you get to see so much more. It is truly one of the great places to visit in the USA. Morning YA'LL!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:57 am
Jealousy can be an ugly

Jealousy can be an ugly thing..

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/10 - 08:58 am
We took the behind tour

We took the behind tour Terp....that's why we were bounced outta there. We had toooo much fun behind...

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/26/10 - 09:00 am
Trouble - I told (warned) him

Trouble - I told (warned) him you were off today....don't fall for it.