Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Rants to the landlords who don't want to fix anything. All you care about is money, money, money. You call, call and call, and the only thing you reach is the answering service. I think something needs to be done about it.

This rant is for all you Republicans and Tea Party folks. You were invisible when gas and groceries were unaffordable to half the country, loss of jobs and furloughs to keep jobs, people losing their homes, their jobs, their dignity. How can you be so selfish? We are still looking for weapons of destruction in a desert where people are losing their lives.

Political officeholders who truly are not able because of previous engagements to go to the Tax Day Tea Party rally in Augusta might not be suspect. But without such excuses "politicians who consider themselves conservative" but who "opted not to join the tea partiers" are clearly playing some kind of game. What are they scared of? Exposure?

The news reports that Tea Party rallies nationwide don't have people being arrested for stirring up trouble at the rallies. Now John Fillon, a "participant in recent 'Coffee Parties,'" says, "I'd love to tangle with one of them (the Tea Partiers) one on one." The "Coffee Parties" have generally drawn about half a dozen participants, as opposed to thousands attending Tea Parties.

This is a rant for all the local and national news media and Tiger Woods' fans. Too bad that you came to the realization that Tiger wasn't the only player in the Masters Tournament.

I also think it was classless of Billy Payne to comment on Tiger, and I agree that there are a lot of people that are not perfect. They just haven't been caught. Also a rant to Billy Payne for taking away the stand at Gate 3 that allowed those of us without tickets to shop for merchandise.

A rant to The Chronicle for bothering us about a local rich boy dating a rich girl who met at their beach properties. Are we supposed to be in a happy daze for them? Who cares?

April 15 might be tax day, but the average American has to work until the middle of May to pay all of our taxes - income, sales, property and excise.

I am enjoying the new Dustin comic. However, please get rid of the poorly drawn, non-funny Fort Knox and bring back Overboard. I miss Louie!

A RANT to those local election campaign workers who were too lazy to remove the "vote for" signs after the elections. Please stop by and remove the two signs at the intersection of Rocky Creek and Cornelia Road. I'm sure Mr. Hankerson would appreciate it. And while you're there, grab the one for Patsy Scott at Rocky Creek and Wheeless Road.

Tell us what you think
Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/16/10 - 11:55 pm
Ranter #2 - It sure is great

Ranter #2 - It sure is great that Obama's policies have fixed all those things, isn't it?

Trouble
Trouble 04/17/10 - 03:57 am
morning all

morning all

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/17/10 - 04:20 am
'Cause I was already a

'Cause I was already a smoker, it was easy to get addicted. The one thing that they don't teach you about marijuana is how addictive it is.
- Merle Haggard

w00t! G'mornin

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/17/10 - 04:20 am
I'm late, I'm late...for a

I'm late, I'm late...for a very important date....here comes the mad hatter...it's HIS tea party...

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/17/10 - 04:55 am
Reach deep into your pockets

Reach deep into your pockets and fix what is broken, send the bill to the landlord w your rent less the repairs...next time you call maybe they'll answer.
Is the mad hatter a republican...I don't know, go ask Alice.
They are afraid of the Queen of Hearts...off w their heads!, cry the crowd.
Mano y mano...coffee or tea anyone?
Tigre = money...it's about advertising, promotion, sales and ka-ching...ain't his game anymore...
Payne's comments are becoming a pain in my rear end...let it go, he can't take it back...and for you cheapskates that want to come get gifts and not pay to see the show is like going to a theatre for only the popcorn...
HUH? Are we talking like Romeo and Juliet? Me no unnerstan???
I guess I'm not average...I paid 1600 and got back 1300...my taxes were paid by the end of January...what's all the fuss about?
Okay, I never read the print edition, never care to read comics drawn for children and don't want to read another rant about this thing...please ACES, we get it..folks want Overboard back...put up or shut up okay?
A simpler solution is just to pull the signs and dump them in a dumpster...
Well, the wicked witch is dead according to the munchkins...the Dark Lord has turned his flaming eye away for a moment...run, rabbit, run... to the nearest mushroom and find the cat's grin that glows in the dark...and once you get there drink some of the kool-aid...and have a crumpet or two...but remember, today is the day the Lord has made so be glad and rejoice in it...and since I was late, fire that bud this afternoon when the chores are done, when it's time for grillin' and it gets to be Naturday...as for me I'll just think to myself..."There's no place like home...there's no place like home," there's no bud like my own, it's 4:20 somewhere, so what me worry? Ya'll have fun in the sun and know this: Monday's comin'. G'day.

DAMY46
DAMY46 04/17/10 - 06:04 am
Clay Boardman needs to watch

Clay Boardman needs to watch out....She is 'damaged goods'.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/17/10 - 07:00 am
There was a stand outside the

There was a stand outside the main gate where you could buy official Masters merchandise. Apparently the ranter did not think to ask anyone.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/17/10 - 07:01 am
The Columbia County Sheriff's

The Columbia County Sheriff's Office is raising funds for the Georgia Special Olympics today. They are acting as waiters, waitresses, hosts, etc at Red Robin for tips. The tips will go to the Olympics. Takes the phrase "To serve and protect" to a new level.

willienelson
willienelson 04/17/10 - 07:31 am
Feel bad this morning, ain't

Feel bad this morning, ain't got no home.
No use in worrying, 'cause the world gone wrong.
I can't be good no more, once like I did before.
I can't be good, baby,
Honey, because the world's gone wrong.

DAMY46
DAMY46 04/17/10 - 07:43 am
willienelson, ????????

willienelson,

????????

willienelson
willienelson 04/17/10 - 07:47 am
Dan=mv, it's an old Bob Dylan

Dan=mv, it's an old Bob Dylan song. You are prolly too young to remember. Old folks will like it.

willienelson
willienelson 04/17/10 - 07:49 am
DAMY46 Sorry for the typo. I

DAMY46 Sorry for the typo. I didn't mean to misspell your name.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/17/10 - 08:07 am
Zeno, Zeno, Zeno- if the

Zeno, Zeno, Zeno- if the world were only that simple. The ranter - from their tone could be a neighbor, who is a Section Eight renter. In the first six months of living in the house the owner has had to replace two windows, a sink, a toilet and carpet destroyed when the toilet was smashed and the water left to run, a set of outside glass double doors, two hardwired smoke detectors torn from the ceiling when they would not shut off after the renter caused a grease fire on the stove calling for the kitchen to be redone. The owner has on top of all this received a 'warning' letter from the government admonishing him to keep the "premisis (sic) in good repair" or lose standing as a renter in the program.

As to your snotty remarks about, "and for you cheapskates that want to come get gifts and not pay to see the show is like going to a theatre for only the popcorn..." Some of us have regular employment; we are not well connected to get badges at face value; we can neither afford to take the days away from work, nor can we afford the hundreds of dollars to buy badges at the market rates.

Then, again, I am a commoner, and looking down my nose is not an art I seek to cultivate.

DAMY46
DAMY46 04/17/10 - 08:25 am
willienelson, I am older than

willienelson,

I am older than you...I am 63...

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/17/10 - 08:26 am
Rather than biotch about the

Rather than biotch about the section 8 house on your quiet little street, try volunteering to help them keep it up. You'd be amazed at how a little positive help can transform a families outlook. It worked in our little slice of Heaven.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/17/10 - 08:27 am
Good(?) Morning y'all. Aye

Good(?) Morning y'all. Aye really shouldn't read the editorials/comments before greeting y'all.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/10 - 08:33 am
A commoner Stewart...don't

A commoner Stewart...don't seem to be to me...you are one of our most distinquishing posters.. Good AM Augusta..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/17/10 - 08:35 am
WAAWAAAAAAAWWWWWAAAAAAAA, Zoe

WAAWAAAAAAAWWWWWAAAAAAAA, Zoe didn't say good morning to me.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/17/10 - 08:40 am
Snif, Thanks Zoe, I feel

Snif, Thanks Zoe, I feel better now. snif

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/10 - 08:45 am
Hi Zoe....The pollen has

Hi Zoe....The pollen has finally done a number on me..I thought it would pass me this year, but NO it found me. Atl. gets it later than Augusta. Today I'm going to make it an all fruit day, maybe 1 salad. Don't see the new pic yet.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/17/10 - 08:52 am
Who wants to meet at Ruths

Who wants to meet at Ruths for breakfast???

bettyboop
bettyboop 04/17/10 - 08:57 am
A superlative and stunning

A superlative and stunning Sat. morn to all !!.....Yes seenit now the really nasty pollen ( the kind you can't see) is in full swing.....but I have a garden to tend so I just pop a clariten and keep on breathing..(and sneezing...and coughing,,and weeping)

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/17/10 - 09:01 am
Suggestion for you

Suggestion for you "gatherers": Do not identify your posting names initially. Right at the end of the gathering, have folks guess who you are... give prizes for correct guesses.
May spice it up a bit, may not, but it WILL teach a lesson about preconceptions, no?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/10 - 09:03 am
Well just read last night's

Well just read last night's r&r,,, haha Corgi shook the crap out of countyman..she is like a bulldog & won't let go. But she's right...RC needs to face it, reasons people leave the county:schools&crime..FACE IT!! & the Federalist will soon be w/us full time;;good for you Fed.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/17/10 - 09:03 am
Zoe, Sarge or anyone like Aye

Zoe, Sarge or anyone like Aye who uses their own real faces as Avatars of course wouldn't participate.

willienelson
willienelson 04/17/10 - 09:03 am
DAMY46, you have my

DAMY46, you have my sympathies. lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/10 - 09:04 am
Aye... will you be there???

Aye... will you be there???

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/17/10 - 09:04 am
Why do Countyman's songs of

Why do Countyman's songs of praise for Richmond County irritate others so?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/17/10 - 09:05 am
99 & 44/100% negative. Aye

99 & 44/100% negative. Aye can't agree with the ground rule forbidding controversial discussion.

willienelson
willienelson 04/17/10 - 09:09 am
Is it just me or did Zoe's

Is it just me or did Zoe's hair look like it may have been tousled more than once last nite?

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...