Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

To the grown man that got out of his white pickup truck at a red light on Mike Padgett Highway on Tuesday afternoon to point at and yell at another driver, you should be ashamed of yourself. Lunatics like you are why people get killed on that road. Do yourself a favor and lighten up before you give yourself a heart attack.

Since the Roman Catholic Church has remained the focus of intense investigation into sex crimes, and rightly so, when are the other denominations going to undergo an equally diligent scrutiny for their pedophiles and the like?

What smart Board of Education member thought that giving teachers two half-day furlough days was better than one whole day?

The federal government says new rules will boost mileage. Government has never invented a car or an engine. Government has no way on earth to "boost mileage," even while it claims to be doing just that.

Why pay a search committee to look for a new school superintendent when there are qualified people here in Augusta? Dr. Wayne Frazier is one of them. He made a great difference at every school he has served. There are plenty of other qualified teachers and principals in this school system.

I sure do miss the comic strip Overboard. How could anyone not like Jonas and Ellie and their antics. The two new ones don't seem to have much to offer.

It would be a wonderful idea if all of the Obama haters first looked in the mirror and asked themselves, "Do I really hate this man or do I judge him so harshly because of his skin color?" The truth should set you free. Bush sent us down a path of destruction for eight years and you don't want to give President Obama a chance to try and straighten out the mess from those eight years. Give him and yourself a chance to see the good and not hate so much.

Tell us what you think
Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/08/10 - 08:58 pm
...lighten up before you give

...lighten up before you give yourself a heart attack.
Agreed.

...equally diligent scrutiny for their pedophiles and the like?
The days of one standard for all are long gone.

Use your intelligence, get elected, and make the decisions. Are you capable?

... has no way on earth to "boost mileage," even while it claims to be doing just that.
It will boost prices. Which will boost sales taxes. Which boosts money to be spent on lazy people. Ain't America grand?

... other qualified teachers and principals in this school system.
I've heard nothing but positives about Dr. Frazier. If he has the bona fide requirements necessary, I agree. I can't imagine the parent outrage when he makes the entire RCSS pull up their pants.

I sure do miss the comic strip Overboard. ...
Wow, I guess I've been missing out.... NOT!

Yes I hate this man for a multitude of reasons. The fact he is 6% "black" is not one of them.

The truth should set you free. Bush sent us down a path of destruction for eight years and you don't want to give President Obama a chance to try and straighten out the mess from those eight years....
I learned in 3rd grade "They did it too" was not an acceptable argument.
Give him and yourself a chance to see the good and not hate so much...
He's had long enough. Eviction notice will be served. Congrats Jackfruit/Notreally/Whyisit on getting a rant published. Your Black Panther Bro's will be so proud.

I would like to have an answer to a question that bothers me: Can a president and his regime be thrown out of office for trying to push socialism and Marxism on this country?...
Well, as the Porkulus and Health Care Non Reform proved, there's a first time for everything.

People of the CSRA, if you want the price of gasoline to come down, stay home on the weekends....
Do as I do, stay home all the time and let your wife support your lazy butts.

I have a rant for the U.S. government. If you go to work, they tax you to death. But if you choose not to go to work, they'll take care of you....
OR you can make just enough to get by comfortably, yet not enough to pay taxes. Works for 47% of the population, I hear.

When are the powers that be going to acknowledge that we need the middle lane on Mike Padgett Highway. We just had another death because of the lack of it. Build it!...
This is a dangerous road. Not because of design, but because of the mentality of drivers. I read a post which stated "common courtesy is dead." I submit "defensive driving" died in the same crash.

Feel free to shun as you will be shunned.
Doc

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/08/10 - 09:04 pm
I agree with some of your

I agree with some of your opinions, Doc, but not all! I certainly agree that common courtesy is dead. Defensive driving gave way to cell-mania! You're not shunned!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/08/10 - 10:10 pm
If we all agreed upon

If we all agreed upon everything, life would be quite boring. Unfortunately, there are very few gunslingers left (like Aye) who are true mediator/negotiator/peacemakers.
It's how Aye made his (small) fortune.

KSL
KSL 04/08/10 - 10:32 pm
Aye, received and responded.

Aye, received and responded. Thanks.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 04/09/10 - 02:55 am
The grown man ought to be

The grown man ought to be happy the guy he yelled at wasn't carryin' or decided not to act childish in return and blow his angry face off his head.

What religious organization is open and willing enough to bring permanent damage to their faithful by telling the truth about their evil practices of molestation of the innocents? I didn't think so.

Better to give two half days of teaching than give a whole day off for the ignorants to run amok among us.

Boost your mileage by staying off Washington Rd this week.

Why can't the BOE just make an intelligent decision?

Jonas and friends must have fallen overboard...like their strip.

The conspiracy to overthrow the world began long before Bush or Dumbo...it began w the Knights Templar, carried out via Masons, and continues via the secret Illuminati. The wealthy few sway their will all around the world.

Yes, but it's never happened...Just wait and fire them all at the next election.

If you want cheap gas you'll have to time travel back to the sixties...if you want to spend less on fuel, then stop going round de corner at all times and just walk to the corner store...use some of that body fat as fuel you miserable chunk of flab...(if the preceding comment does not apply, please disregard).

And if you dare work for yourself, use loopholes to protect your money, invest in anything that you can claim cap loss with, make sure your office is the largest room, save all your receipts and get paid in cash w/o giving invoices or receipts...and pay contract labor for any hired help...it works for me.

If they put in a suicide lane it will be used for just that reason....go figure.

Thanks Aye for the lift-off...ello to all the down under visitors, those who feel shunned I personally welcome, hello to all my friends and foes, fellow posters, common taters, pub owners, residents, those who are nutty as fruitcakes and CBBP, where's my Friday fish story? Any Gar-fish on today's menu? Carp? Mullet? Snails? Puppy-dog Tails? I have peaches growing on my three-yr-old trees...and firstly and certainly not lastly, Thank-you Jesus for the rain...it did not disappoint. Thus I can say, TODAY is the day the Lord has made BE GLAD and rejoice in it...take a deep breath w/o the pollen....doesn't that taste better now? Ya'll play nice. G'day.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/09/10 - 06:02 am
Happy Birthday to Playboy™

Happy Birthday to Playboy™ publisher Hugh Hefner in 1926 (age 84). Something tells me the party will be quite a "festive" event. If I can't be Tiger.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/10 - 06:20 am
To Aye....KSL said she wasn't

To Aye....KSL said she wasn't speaking about you....I mis-spoke & I'm sorry. None of us are perfect, I think I'll give posting a rest... see ya

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/09/10 - 08:24 am
To Aye....KSL said she wasn't

To Aye....KSL said she wasn't speaking about you....I mis-spoke & I'm sorry.
_______________________
You were right: my moods DO indeed turn on a dime. No need to apologize. THAT post wasn't offensive to me anyway.

The one about my wife... Aye'll be hearing about that one for a year. She's not quite as free with her emotions as Aye. Slow boil, big explosion dontchaknow?

Don't leave on my account. Aye isn't worth it.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/09/10 - 08:41 am
Back to story
Back to story 04/09/10 - 08:36 am
"It would be a wonderful idea

"It would be a wonderful idea if all of the Obama haters first looked in the mirror and asked themselves, "Do I really hate this man or do I judge him so harshly because of his skin color?"-------

Anybody else ever notice how much democrats LOVE to use the word HATE? Disagree with anything Obama approved and you're a "hater". Question anything he says and you're a "racist hater".

All presidents from Washington to Obama have had their opposition. All others have handled them with aplomb and have gone on with business. It seems that Obama's supporters are so hung up on the "color of his skin" that THEY cannot see past it. They feel that if only Obama was a white man that all of his plans would be happily agreed to by one and all!

I sure will be happy when 2012 gets here and we can all safely talk about the real issues once again.

Back to story
Back to story 04/09/10 - 08:41 am
Great ditty Aye!

Great ditty Aye!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/09/10 - 08:41 am
Gracias, Amigo.

Gracias, Amigo.

creolechick
creolechick 04/09/10 - 08:47 am
To the first ranter, they guy

To the first ranter, they guy in the pickup truck probably yelled at the driver of a thumping, booming car. It will drive you crazy. When I get next to one at a red light, it makes me want to do the same thing - I don't out of safety, but I think about it. The people who play this loud vibrating, noise are going to be the victim of road rage one day. They know they aggravate others around them and still do it.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/09/10 - 08:50 am
creolechick - Get one of

creolechick - Get one of those pressurized emergency marine horns. They put out about 160 decibels and are directional. Just point and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 08:54 am
Why does Obama continue to

Why does Obama continue to support his now illegal wars in Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan? Why does he continue to kill our young men & women every day by increasing troop levels there? The use of drones is simply random murder with no trial or investigation into who he kills. Because of his choices to spend, we shall soon be paying 15-20% in sales tax in addition to income tax & existing consumption taxes. I don't care what color a murderer is, he's still a murderer. Impeach now!!!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/09/10 - 08:56 am
Trey: the offending driver

Trey: the offending driver will just think they've driven into a graduation ceremony, but I like the idea, lol.

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 09:01 am
Wish I had used the word hate

Wish I had used the word hate a few times in my typical post by pathetic lefties above. I'm getting better at acting a fool.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/09/10 - 09:05 am
Mirror mirror on the wall,

Mirror mirror on the wall, why to I hate Obama most of all? The mirror answered: Communist, Marxist, Socialist, racist, appeaser, anti-semite, pro-muslim, big taxer, deficit spender, divider, arrogant, liar............Geez I finally got tired of listening to the mirror and decided that it was just easier to say "because he is black". Yep, that must be it. Just didn't realize he was black when we elected him. Can't understand how that slipped by us.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/09/10 - 09:07 am
Yep, that must be it. Just

___________________________
lol Dichotomy, it was in ALL the papers!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/09/10 - 09:09 am
Good Morning, WillieNelson™

Good Morning, WillieNelson™

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 09:11 am
We were warned..... Here come

We were warned.....

Here come old flattop he come grooving up slowly
He got joo-joo eyeball he one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker he just do what he please

He wear no shoeshine he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger he shoot coca-cola
He say "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you won't be free
Come together right now over me

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 09:12 am
Good morning, kind sir

Good morning, kind sir

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 09:23 am
Now you've run off my

Now you've run off my favorite girl, seenit. She was so hot!!!!!!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/09/10 - 09:25 am
Good morning folks. This was

Good morning folks. This was the first time in a long time that I didn't have one of those annoying ads to click off before looking at the paper. Hopefully it will not re-appear when the Masters visitors leave town.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/09/10 - 09:26 am
willie - gimme a hit off of

willie - gimme a hit off of that.....

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 09:28 am
Trey, lol. You couldn't

Trey, lol. You couldn't handle this. Look what it's doing to me

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/09/10 - 09:30 am
Methinks that the first rant

Methinks that the first rant was submitted by the yell-ee. What did you do to make that nice man get out of his truck and yell at you?

willienelson
willienelson 04/09/10 - 09:37 am
I knew a guy once who was

I knew a guy once who was just a bully, beat his wife and was just an ignoramus dirt bag. He kinda pulled the same crap as the the first ranter describes all the time. However...on one occasion he jumped out of his car, gun in hand, screaming profanities at another driver , that guy grabbed his hand with the gun in it, twisted it, snapped a finger or 2, took his gun away, chased him back to his car, tossed his gun in the backseat and calmly walked away.

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 04/09/10 - 09:38 am
I hope the rant about the

I hope the rant about the furlough days isn't coming from a teacher thats in the profession because of the summer break. Maybe that explains the low performance of some of the students.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/09/10 - 09:39 am
Forth rant, no, the

Forth rant, no, the government has had no experience in car development or fuel efficiency improvements. However, what do you want to bet that the obama cars will be the best rated ones to buy? Everybody must buy one of his cars or pay fines for squandering the nations fuel supplies....