Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

It's a sad day in America when we are so polarized that half the people are rejoicing as though the signing of the health care bill is some wonderful thing that's going to aid America and half the people are mourning because they feel that government of the people, by the people and for the people has perished from the Earth.

This is a rant to the professor at Augusta State who said she didn't mind the students using laptops in the classroom because her students were adults and if they misuse their class time then they're the ones who'll suffer. That's true if you're 30 or older. But, let's face it, those kids who are there and haven't found their own way or aren't paying for their own education need a little guidance from their professor.

The health care bill will one day become known as Obama's folly.

For all the people ranting about health care reform, would you do me a favor? Sit down and read at least part of it. If you do that, you won't sound so dumb when you put all these stupid remarks in the paper about how you're going to vote them out. You better be glad the program got in there. The program will be adjusted. I heard the same thing when Social Security and Medicare passed. All those bills were passed by Democrats. And what has a Republican done for you lately?

Federal regulators recently seized four banks - two in Georgia. Has anybody noticed how many relatively small banks Obama's federal government is seizing weekly?

The Georgia House plans to fill the hole in the budget with more taxes, but the legislators call them fees. Where are politicians who can see the clarity of simply eliminating entire government programs that were never the business of government to start with?

A rave to the ladies putting their makeup on while driving to work in the morning on Belair Road. Love watching you do that, especially if I can see you in my rearview mirror. Makes a boring drive more fun.

A rant to ASU: It doesn't need more buildings; it needs to hire more professors to teach students. Maybe then we will have more course choices, especially at night, since the buildings are not fully occupied then - but the lights burn anyway.

I am a volunteer coach in Richmond County. I also volunteer during the summer coaching traveling basketball teams, and for many years I coached for the recreation department. Our community talks about the problems in our neighborhoods with our youth, but during the summer we can't use the gym for practice. All we are trying to do is give these kids something to do during the summer.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/29/10 - 10:19 pm
Noted. Quit trying to hold

Noted.
Quit trying to hold your kid's hand while he's attending college...they need to learn how to grow up and profs are not paid to babysit...
Folly wanna quacker?
Spent all my tax money and blamed the dems...
It's not Obama's gubment, it belongs to us...banks however belong to the rich folks who bilked taxpayers for billions...
Gubment charging fees sounds like they took lessons from the banks.
Rave about them wimmens and their poof powder...until they kill someone while they make pretty instead of driving.
ASU is a wanna be college...that's why they don't have what they need and why they waste money...it's run by the gubment.
Kudos coach...dontcha just wish everybody cared a little more?
Gee, those were easy...Like I always say, when you start your day...put a smile on your lips, a song in your heart and a dove in your pipe...but mostly just remember...Today is the day the Lord made for you and all...appreciate it by being glad...rejoice you are alive and still breathing...some of us who were here yesterday can't say that today. Ya'll play nice...I'll b c-n u n d funny pages about 4:20 or later.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/30/10 - 04:27 am
Social Security and Medicare

Social Security and Medicare are both unsustainable programs that are going broke, do you see a trend here?

Trouble
Trouble 03/30/10 - 04:56 am
morning all, to the 4th

morning all, to the 4th rant.......you just dont get it do you? it is not about what the government can "do for you", that is not the reason we even have a government. when it comes right down to it, it is not the government that is taking care of you, it is those of us with jobs who are paying taxes who are taking care of you, and to be quite honest, i have 4 kids that i have raised, and i am tired of being forced to raise you and your kids, now, try standing on your own 2 feet and having a little pride in yourself, get off your lazy butt and quit expecting the government to take care of you....in other words, GET OUT AND GET A JOB, and quit mooching off the rest of us

Martinez
Martinez 03/30/10 - 05:48 am
To the last Ranter......

To the last Ranter...... thank you for volunteering your time. This is not the first time I have heard that in RC. If not RCBOE, maybe another business or community location can open it's doors to you and your team. Summer activities and involvement are great for students. In some communities, the school becomes the center of everything - even during the summer and especially for athletes. RC wants to know what it can do about gang issues? Giving kids alternatives such as you are trying to do is a great start!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 06:18 am
Good morning everyone?

Good morning everyone?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/30/10 - 06:48 am
Did ya ever have one of those

Did ya ever have one of those mornings where the toilet paper roll is empty, just when you need it? Where someone took the last of the coffee and didn't make a fresh pot? Where someone took the last donut before you even got one? It's a great day, for me to whoop somebodies _ _ _!!

Trouble
Trouble 03/30/10 - 06:52 am
morning cbbp, here, have a

morning cbbp, here, have a hug...............

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 06:54 am
Yes CBBP my spouse has had

Yes CBBP my spouse has had those mornings. Now I make sure to setup everything prior to going to sleep. Happy Tuesday!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 07:05 am
"It's a sad day in

"It's a sad day in America..." AGREED

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/30/10 - 07:18 am
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/30/10 - 07:43 am
Trouble
Trouble 03/30/10 - 07:52 am
cbbp, are you trying to say

cbbp, are you trying to say you are not having a good day?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/30/10 - 07:57 am
CBBP I like the second

CBBP I like the second post...it is a great day to whoop...the pix were hilarious.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 08:09 am
Tks CBBP. Bob & Tom rule!

Tks CBBP. Bob & Tom rule!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 08:12 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/10 - 08:13 am
No. 1 rant....kinda reminds

No. 1 rant....kinda reminds me of the verdict on OJ 's trial..... 1/2 rejoiced & the 1/2 were mourning...We all know how that turned out don't we...The "fixes" should have been put in health care B4 it passed & then maybe we all could be happy...Most Americans wanted that.. & Colbeer I feel your pain this am..you know they say trouble comes in threes..

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/30/10 - 08:54 am
My dog died, my wife took the

My dog died, my wife took the cat and ran off with the Avon Lady and the IRS wants to audit me. If life was a hemmorhoid, I'd be a tube of Preparation H!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 08:55 am
CBBP: Play that CW song

CBBP: Play that CW song backward, it'll do ya wonders.

Dudeness
Dudeness 03/30/10 - 09:09 am
Re: the ASU rant, aren't they

Re: the ASU rant, aren't they dealing with budget issues already? And you want to add even more debt?

dani
dani 03/30/10 - 09:20 am
I was having a good day until

I was having a good day until I read Star Parker and she just had to remind me that 30 million more souls have been added, by means of the healthcare bill, to the government's plantation (see "inner cities")where they will stay forever and ever..never knowing the freedom that could be theirs. Not sad - tragic.

texred
texred 03/30/10 - 09:56 am
Cold Beer if you need a menu

Cold Beer if you need a menu change for the cafe, the Feds are now catching Feral Cats at Lake Lanier, guess you could serve deep fried cat legs ( will catch it from the pet lovers). Guess next step will be the removal of feral humans..............

saltine
saltine 03/30/10 - 10:16 am
Even with the few

Even with the few comments,about Hephzibah Middle School,you would think that the board would like to hear these complaints and come to a solutation,with parents,teachers and staff.A few bad seeds have taken root there,and we need a quick weed killer.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/10 - 10:12 am
In the AJC today.....Moscow

In the AJC today.....Moscow subway blasts kill 38...Al-Qaida Web sites praise suicide bombers....Al-Qaida has established a presence in the North Caucasus...Militants in the Caucasus have declared the creation of an Islamic state as their top goal. We have blinders on if we don't see this going on here too. Please wake up & smell the coffee...it's not all about Obama..

Trouble
Trouble 03/30/10 - 10:19 am
seenit, he is the one who

seenit, he is the one who needs the coffee

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/10 - 10:22 am
Trouble... After being in

Trouble... After being in office for a year,, I bet he could use something much stronger than coffee....You know the old saying "Be careful what you ask for."

GAterp
GAterp 03/30/10 - 10:30 am
To Ranter #7, if the ladies

To Ranter #7, if the ladies putting on makeup driving down Belair Road are in Toyotas, does that make it worse?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 10:30 am
After being in office for a

________________________
I would imagine it's impossible for the POTUS to score a lid from his old college buddys.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/30/10 - 10:31 am
Fast women drive Toyota?

Fast women drive Toyota?

GAterp
GAterp 03/30/10 - 10:47 am
I like to go onto the

I like to go onto the "Spotted" photo catalogs and check out the babes! It's a little slow, so I pass the time singing "Wish They All Could be CSRA girls" and "Bomb, bomb, Bomb, Bomb-bomb Iran". It helps pass the time while the photos are downloading. That's unusual because I'm actually more of a Stones' fan than the Beach Boys!