Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

This is a rave to all the underpaid workers in the hospitals and nursing homes. You need to protest because you are exposed to all kinds of germs, bad attitudes and everything else. An emergency room visit cost me $140, and that was just for a blood pressure and temperature check. It takes teamwork to run these hospitals efficiently, and some of these hospitals in the CSRA should be ashamed over what they are paying the little people, as they are called. When a nursing assistant is not even making $10 an hour and not getting a regular raise, then something is wrong.

I'm a registered nurse, and work in an Augusta hospital. I can't understand why everyone is against the idea that all people should be expected to have health insurance. Most hospitals are struggling to stay in business because they treat so many patients who have no insurance. Patients show up every day requiring care, knowing that they won't be turned away. Those of us who work in health care have known for years that something needed to be done. Now, after 30 years of talking about it, something has at last been done. Mandating that everyone have some form of insurance is a huge step in the right direction.

Headline asks a question: "What's next for health care?" Easy answer: Lousy health care.

Why, oh why, doesn't someone publish a brief summary of the pros and cons of this new health care reform bill and cut out all these opinions on how bad it is? I don't know a thing about this bill because I have not been privileged to read it, and nobody else has either.

RANT! Our Constitution may as well be written on wet toilet paper. We the people of the United States of America no longer have a voice. We must put an end to this steamrolling by our politicians.

Never have I felt prouder to be an American than since Sunday night. Never have I been so ashamed of anyone as I am of the Republican Party.

In response to the rant from the person who fails to understand why Obama was called an idiot: You need to get some real information on socialized medicine and all the other programs that are infuriating the majority of Americans. I lived a long time in England and know for a fact that many older people died from rationing. You are the one who needs intelligent information.

Now taxpayers will be forced to pay for abortions. Rep. Stupak was bamboozled. He accepted the lie and the bribe, and we can't wait until November.

Make the school super­intendent's position an elected job, starting with the November election.

Tell us what you think
jack
jack 03/26/10 - 01:20 pm
fd1962, what most Americans

fd1962, what most Americans do realize and that is Israel is the ONLY reliable, democratic ally we have in the ME. BimbObama, the clueless, refused to "interfere" with Iran's "internal affairs" (riots against Ahmadeenajad's phony election), but does not hesitate to try and interfere in Israel's internal affairs (building settlement on land that is part of Israel) and Equador, where BimbObama tried to keep the President that was trying to become another Hugo Chavez and was legally removed by the legislature and supreme court for violating their constitution.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/26/10 - 01:34 pm
Mr President Mr President!!!

Mr President Mr President!!! The CSRA just had an earthquake. Since it seems that the US has money to send to every third world country, shouldn't the CSRA qualify for at least $5 billion in relief funds?

Rantings of a POOF

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 01:33 pm
Let see how our great CIC

Let see how our great CIC reacts to the possible sinking of a S. Korean ship by the North Koreans.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/26/10 - 01:35 pm
CG, he was last seen under

CG, he was last seen under the Resoloute desk in the fetal position.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 01:39 pm
CG - He will tell them that

CG - He will tell them that he might be thinking about considering sanctions....just like he does with everybody else.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 01:40 pm
While naval incidents between

While naval incidents between the Koreas are not that unusual, the torpedo today was a neat twist.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 01:43 pm
Becker = Unions = obama

Becker = Unions = obama payback. Way to go Mr. president

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 01:46 pm
Trey, I know, just cut off

Trey, I know, just cut off their rice supply, right.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 01:48 pm
Secretary of Defense Robert

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has announced that the military will ease up on their enforcement of the “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Homosexual behavior will still be against the rules, but nobody will actively enforce it. Kind of like the ethics rules in Congress.

- Jay Leno

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 01:52 pm
An Executive Order signed by

An Executive Order signed by the king - "Political Correctness"

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 01:55 pm
I still can't believe Rep

I still can't believe Rep Stupak was stupid enough to fall for that.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/26/10 - 02:03 pm
Unconfirmed sources say that

Unconfirmed sources say that Pres Obama's initial reaction to the lastest Korean crises was "I thought the war between the north and south ended in 1865.......... and why wasn't I informed the south had rebuilt their navy? Get Hillary in here NOW"

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:03 pm
LOL! RK - Nicely done!

LOL! RK - Nicely done!

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 03/26/10 - 02:04 pm
Well......Congress could have

Well......Congress could have just repealed the EMTALA legislation that requires hospitals to provide free care to those who CHOOSE to seek their services without paying. That would have actually put some responsibility back onto people and the government can't have that now can they?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/26/10 - 02:08 pm
UPDATE, after being informed

UPDATE, after being informed of the North-South crises, the same unconfirmed source said the Pres Obama called for a meeting with all 57 governors before things really get out of hand.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 02:12 pm
RK, do you know if it will

RK, do you know if it will screw up his tee-time this afternoon?

jack
jack 03/26/10 - 02:15 pm
Rants & Raves Special Friday,

Rants & Raves
Special
Friday, March 26, 2010

The HC bill has been on line for awhile and the final version on line for 72 hours before it was passed, so you have plenty of opportunity to read it for your self.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:19 pm
That is not correct, Jack. It

That is not correct, Jack. It was available for 37 hours between the last vote and signing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 02:24 pm
Trey, Is there anyway you

Trey, Is there anyway you could use a Jock Strap for the background on your avatar.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:29 pm
LOL CG, yes, I considered the

LOL CG, yes, I considered the thong look. But I figured you Vets would recognize a urinal filter. That's kinda what I think of Our Beloved Leader today (and most days).

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 02:33 pm
Now that you mention it, I

Now that you mention it, I recognize it and love it. Thanks

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:33 pm
I was gonna grill burgers

I was gonna grill burgers today based on the nice weather this morning. However, it's looking more and more like spaghetti and garlic bread might be a better choice.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:35 pm
CG - I have one of Hanoi Jane

CG - I have one of Hanoi Jane too - I'll put it up tomorrow.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/26/10 - 02:40 pm
Just curious 1941... How do

Just curious 1941... How do you feel about our jobs going to Mexico & China with tax incentive $$$...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/26/10 - 02:41 pm
CG ... Wish you would put a

CG ... Wish you would put a funny joke on here....just got back from cpa's office & we aren't happy campers right now!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 02:47 pm
1941....oh yes, your so right

1941....oh yes, your so right - "that are so upset because we have finnaly caught up with other countries on healthcare!!" I am so happy to be a 3rd world country!!!! Also my Grand kids, their kids and theirs and theirs...will be happy too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/26/10 - 02:46 pm
Are my eyes playing tricks on

Are my eyes playing tricks on me again...post come & go on here so fast ...or is just me...WHERE ARE YOU???1941- answer my???

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/26/10 - 02:50 pm
Sigh... I miss yesterday's

Sigh... I miss yesterday's R&R...soo nice...very little nagging. no hostile comments just great comments of years gone bye.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/26/10 - 02:51 pm
Come on AC, he was just

Come on AC, he was just expressing himself for being happy. Cut him some slack.

Back to story
Back to story 03/26/10 - 02:56 pm
Rocknroll, in response to

Rocknroll, in response to your 11:48 post, considering who is in Washington DC I think that they ought to be left alone.