Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

This is a rave to all the underpaid workers in the hospitals and nursing homes. You need to protest because you are exposed to all kinds of germs, bad attitudes and everything else. An emergency room visit cost me $140, and that was just for a blood pressure and temperature check. It takes teamwork to run these hospitals efficiently, and some of these hospitals in the CSRA should be ashamed over what they are paying the little people, as they are called. When a nursing assistant is not even making $10 an hour and not getting a regular raise, then something is wrong.

I'm a registered nurse, and work in an Augusta hospital. I can't understand why everyone is against the idea that all people should be expected to have health insurance. Most hospitals are struggling to stay in business because they treat so many patients who have no insurance. Patients show up every day requiring care, knowing that they won't be turned away. Those of us who work in health care have known for years that something needed to be done. Now, after 30 years of talking about it, something has at last been done. Mandating that everyone have some form of insurance is a huge step in the right direction.

Headline asks a question: "What's next for health care?" Easy answer: Lousy health care.

Why, oh why, doesn't someone publish a brief summary of the pros and cons of this new health care reform bill and cut out all these opinions on how bad it is? I don't know a thing about this bill because I have not been privileged to read it, and nobody else has either.

RANT! Our Constitution may as well be written on wet toilet paper. We the people of the United States of America no longer have a voice. We must put an end to this steamrolling by our politicians.

Never have I felt prouder to be an American than since Sunday night. Never have I been so ashamed of anyone as I am of the Republican Party.

In response to the rant from the person who fails to understand why Obama was called an idiot: You need to get some real information on socialized medicine and all the other programs that are infuriating the majority of Americans. I lived a long time in England and know for a fact that many older people died from rationing. You are the one who needs intelligent information.

Now taxpayers will be forced to pay for abortions. Rep. Stupak was bamboozled. He accepted the lie and the bribe, and we can't wait until November.

Make the school super­intendent's position an elected job, starting with the November election.

Tell us what you think
Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 01:04 am
Wow, taking up Emergency Room

Wow, taking up Emergency Room assets for a temp and BP check, then having the guts to admit it, and THEN whining about it. For a whole lot less than $140 you can easily purchase a home thermometer and BP monitor.

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:05 am
Lest we be judged by our

Lest we be judged by our friends:

HAVANA (AP) -- It perhaps was not the endorsement President Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress were looking for.

Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro on Thursday declared passage of American health care reform "a miracle" and a major victory for Obama's presidency, but couldn't help chide the United States for taking so long to enact what communist Cuba achieved decades ago.

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 02:15 am
How to make friends and

How to make friends and influence people.... Every day Our Beloved Messiah President continues to amaze me with his bumbling incompetence:

Times of London

According to Israeli reports, Obama walked out of his meeting with the prime minister for a private dinner.

For a head of government to visit the White House and not pose for photographers is rare. For a key ally to be left to his own devices while the President withdraws to have dinner in private was, until this week, unheard of. Yet that is how Benjamin Netanyahu was treated by President Obama on Tuesday night, according to Israeli reports on a trip viewed in Jerusalem as a humiliation.

After failing to extract a written promise of concessions on settlements, Obama walked out of his meeting with Netanyahu but invited him to stay at the White House, consult with advisers and “let me know if there is anything new”, a U.S. congressman, who spoke to the Prime Minister, said.

fd1962
fd1962 03/26/10 - 02:56 am
Trey Enfantay, you wouldn't

Trey Enfantay, you wouldn't be so amazed by reality as often IF you occasionally examined issues more deeply than just scanning headlines for 'facts' that reinforce your prejudices. Why not examine another foreign correspondent's take on the Obama strategy which you are so quick to discount, and which involved a bit more than a failure to pose for photos: http://hnn.us/roundup/comments/124753.html - that is, IF strategy doesn't interfere with your penchant for foregone conclusions. If you find foreign perspective so impressive, this analyst is all the way from South Africa...

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/26/10 - 03:14 am
This is for Slique....nothing

This is for Slique....nothing but healthcare to discuss..I think the ACES want us to talk about the health care bill/Obama/Congress and such....ya'll have a nice day...and always remember...just remember.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/26/10 - 03:26 am
Got hit really hard yesterday

Got hit really hard yesterday with pollens...really was not expecting the headache, raspy cough and what feels like bronchitis...can't take a breath w/o coughing...what a miserable body...so here's a rant about Spring and it's dang pollens....mostly oak and elm bothering me but it's gonna be a tough day and week...sure hope it rains....I feel really sick.

NEone
NEone 03/26/10 - 05:26 am
Go to Walgreens or WalMart

Go to Walgreens or WalMart and get your blood pressure checked! Buy a thermometer and save your money. Sheesh.

Trouble
Trouble 03/26/10 - 05:43 am
morning all..........just a

morning all..........just a thought, but if congress exempted themselves from this "wonderful" health care bill, and we vote them out of office in november, they suddenly are no longer congress, and the health care bill applies to them too at that point right? or maybe they put themselves in there by name so that they never have to worry about it applying to them.......unless that is they have exempted themselves for life, but then what does that tell you about how bad that bill has got to be?

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 06:01 am
fd1962 - LOL - Thank you for

fd1962 - LOL - Thank you for the laugh. I just wanted you to know that I read your comments. You have a blissful day now!

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 06:00 am
Is there a delay in the AC

Is there a delay in the AC print edition or did our paper carrier just sleep in today?

Trouble
Trouble 03/26/10 - 06:01 am
i got my paper today

i got my paper today

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 06:08 am
Hmmmmmm, hope it was a good

Hmmmmmm, hope it was a good party for my carrier then. And G'mornin to ya, T.

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 06:25 am
Trouble, once they have

Trouble, once they have served a complete term, they have a "opt in for life" option on their federal health care plan.

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 06:46 am
Happy Birthday to San Fran

Happy Birthday to San Fran Nan! Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., born today in 1940 (age 70).

fatboyhog
1927
fatboyhog 03/26/10 - 06:48 am
To the nurse who thinks that

To the nurse who thinks that this Obamacare is a wonderful idea: What makes you think that those who come in without health insurance will be able to afford it now? Just like everything else, those that "qualify" will get their free insurance. Who do you think pays for that "free" insurance? That is what all the anger is about. We pay their bill now, and we'll be paying it later. I cannot afford to pay for my health insurance and others as well. I already do this with my car insurance. This "insurance reform" is a farce. Too bad that you can't see that.

ConcernedTaxpayer
ConcernedTaxpayer 03/26/10 - 06:53 am
I was taught to respect my

I was taught to respect my elders, but in this case I can't respect my elder even if she is 3 yrs older than I. I'm referring to the dictator of the House of representatives Nancy Pelosi.

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 07:00 am
ConcernedTaxpayer - I hope

ConcernedTaxpayer - I hope you don't look like a Madame Tussad's exhibit either!

ConcernedTaxpayer
ConcernedTaxpayer 03/26/10 - 07:04 am
I'm sure glad my health is

I'm sure glad my health is good @ age 67, because I fear this new health care plan. I have medicare plus I'm still on a group plan where I work, but if there is a shortage of health care professionals, all the insurance in the world isn't going to help.

ConcernedTaxpayer
ConcernedTaxpayer 03/26/10 - 07:07 am
Trey, I hope I don't look

Trey, I hope I don't look like her too, because I am not the same gender as she is.

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 07:24 am
CT - I really try not to

CT - I really try not to think about her gender.....I can't imagine.....If my only choices were her or an alternative lifestyle - Give me Elton John!

crackerjack
crackerjack 03/26/10 - 07:45 am
Yikes, not before breakfast

Yikes, not before breakfast please! lol

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/26/10 - 07:55 am
I knew you were an Elton fan!

I knew you were an Elton fan!

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 07:57 am
Only because Mick Jagger is

Only because Mick Jagger is pretending to be straight these days....

willienelson
willienelson 03/26/10 - 08:01 am
Bennie, Bennie, Bennie,

Bennie, Bennie, Bennie, Bennie And The Jets

willienelson
willienelson 03/26/10 - 08:03 am
T then roll one up.....

T then roll one up.....

Trey Enfantay 03/26/10 - 08:08 am
Wow, if she uses the AC - Big

Wow, if she uses the AC - Big Bamboo!

willienelson
willienelson 03/26/10 - 08:09 am
Last time she tried to use

Last time she tried to use the online paper

willienelson