Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I have a rant about people that talk on their cell phones when they are driving. I think that it is a very irresponsible and selfish thing they do. When I was in driver's ed, I was taught that driving was a full-time job and that you should not have any distractions. Now people talk on cell phones and they think they are a good driver because they are multitasking.

I heartily agree with the person that wants Cul de Sac out of the comic strip. The artwork is below professional quality, and the humor is lame.

Although the tattered Amer­ican flag flying on top of the Dean's Bridge Walmart has been mentioned to several employees and even its manager, nothing has been done to replace it. My neighbor has even offered to purchase a flag from Walmart to replace the tattered flag. Although the manager said that he would take care of it, nothing has been done. Poor weather may have been a reason, or an excuse last week, but not a valid justification now.

As a resident of south Augusta at various different times throughout my life, I would like to thank the Alleluia Community for being an integral part of south Rich­mond County. I have learned that the Alleluia Community is simply a group of Christian families from many religious denominations that choose to live, pray and educate their children surrounded by others who share their values and goals. In south Richmond Coun­ty the spotlight often shines on violence, gangs and murder, but we also have a neighborhood and school that routinely turn out very productive young men and women.

I know Obama is brilliant because the liberal media keep telling me he is brilliant - just like two years ago I knew he had charisma because the liberal media kept telling me he had charisma.

The Obama administration is demanding that Israel abandon a building project in east Jerusalem. Imagine how Obama would scream bloody murder if any nation in the world demanded that he hand over any U.S. sovereignty. At the same time, Obama insists that U.S. commitment to Israel's security remains "unshakable." Both can't be true.

This is a rant for Richmond County schools. How is it possible for 75 percent of Richmond County school students to qualify for free or reduced lunches when the average income per family is greater than $50,000, according to the Richmond County Web site?

Ranter says another ranter is just "jealous because you don't get a free lunch." How terribly sad any American can be so uninformed and useless. When government buys you lunch, government knows you are its slave.

Tell us what you think
crackerjack
crackerjack 03/16/10 - 11:50 pm
Tattered and worn out flags

Tattered and worn out flags are a disgrace to the Service Men and Women that put their lives on the line everyday. Look around you, there are more and more instances of worn and tattered flags in the CSRA. One of them is at Wildwood Park (Owned and run by Columbia County)With the taxes we pay, it looks like they could afford a new American Flag.

crackerjack
crackerjack 03/16/10 - 11:53 pm
I keep hearing about how

I keep hearing about how BRIGHT President Obama is. Which part is bright? The African American part, or the White part, or both? I'm just asking.

Paddy O Brien
Paddy O Brien 03/17/10 - 01:41 am
"A toast to your coffin. May

"A toast to your coffin. May it be made of 100 year old oak. And may we plant the tree together, tomorrow."

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/17/10 - 03:21 am
Irrational thought leads to

Irrational thought leads to irrational actions...driving demands you pay attention to it...your cell phone is your weakest link to your brain.
Noted...
The American flag should be displayed w respect and care...typical of Wal-Mart to hire someone who is not a patriot...no wonder they stopped bragging about their American made products...they keep buying more and more from foreign manufacturers and it shows in how they dis America by not caring for the proudest symbol of our country's freedoms.
Hallelujah for Alleluia... spread the faith.
Sarcasm, I get it.
Just another confirmation of the return of Jesus Christ...Woe to the city that kills it's prophets...the abomination that causes desolation will soon appear...
Because RC can't manage w/o the gov't dole.....and because we have crooked laws that favor making us weak by making us depend on gov't.
Redundant rant...I just said that.
Alright boys n girls...it's gonna be 420 somewhere sometime today...don't let the leprechauns pinch you for not wearing green..or imbibing it...just don't be green w envy..it's not becoming of you...whoop, dere it is....God Bless America, the luck of the Irish be with you today, the pot of gold is mine..or is that the pot that's gold?..anyway it's time to get up n get going....play nice and I'll see ya out there somewhere today...redeem the time today and make your moments count....Rejoice, and again I say rejoice.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/17/10 - 03:27 am
Here's a rant about the time

Here's a rant about the time change..every year since I returned to Augusta when the equinox arrives and the time changes I always notice the clocks either gain or lose an extra five minutes or so...aren't we all on the same time here...? Don't we have enough intelligence to all set our clocks the same? My cable and computer are in sync but my observation around town shows it differently on displays, in restaurants, businesses etc...let's all get on the same page...some folks lose their jobs or miss important appointments over a five minute lapse...get it right people.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 03/17/10 - 03:59 am
"Your employers its estimated

"Your employers its estimated would see premiums fall as much as 3000% which means they could give you a raise." ----- Barak Obama ---- And they claim Palin is Stupid? When did she ever say anything THAT stupid?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 03/17/10 - 04:00 am
Zeno............can anyone

Zeno............can anyone explain why we keep changing the time anyway? I mean a good logical reason?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/17/10 - 04:24 am
Historically I think it began

Historically I think it began in order to give more daylight for workers to be more productive...hold on...try this: http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/

msgret92
msgret92 03/17/10 - 05:06 am
Obama would be one of the

Obama would be one of the first to give up U.S. sovereignty he believes in world government. Just look at his record so far, and bowing to leaders of other countries.

Trouble
Trouble 03/17/10 - 05:42 am
morning all.....you too

morning all.....you too sliique, and sean too....now, lets see if that works...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/17/10 - 05:50 am
Good Morning from the Ellis

Good Morning from the Ellis St. Canal Coffee, Donut, Luncheonette and Psychiatric Center. Todays special is a Green T shirt that proudly proclaims "I'm an Idiot". They are on sale today for a dollar $2.98 and FREE to anyone who can demonstrate how to talk on a cell phone and put on make up or comb their hair and eat a biscuit while simultaneously driving their car into the Canal!! Today Coffee is Irish, No not that kind it's Green ( you don't want to know), served with a big old cathead biscuit ( if we can find enough cats) topped with Half shell possum sausage gravy!! The lunch menu is Corned Varmint and Cabbage served with wild onions and Green rice for luck. For dessert we have a Green Potato Pudding that'll make you just hiccup with anticipation. (No evaluations today as our resident Psychiatrist started a little early today and fell into the green fountain! )

Paddy O Brien
Paddy O Brien 03/17/10 - 06:02 am
A Texan walks into a pub in

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back."

The room is quiet, and no one takes up the Texan's offer. One man even leaves.

Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?" asks the Irishman.

The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses, drinking them all back-to-back.

The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement. The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"

The Irishman replies, "Oh... I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first."

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 03/17/10 - 06:26 am
O' Brian, yourrra reg'lar

O' Brian, yourrra reg'lar funnybones...top'o'de'mornin' to yas...(bad Irish brogue)...

Paddy O Brien
Paddy O Brien 03/17/10 - 06:30 am
One for the Vets: Two young

One for the Vets:

Two young Irishmen in a Canadian regiment were going into the trenches for the first time, and their captain promised them fifty pence for every German they killed.

Pat lay down to rest, and Mick performed the duty of watching. Pat had not lain long when he was awakened by Mick shouting,

"They're comin'". "Who's comin'?" shouts Pat.
"The Germans," replies Mick.
"How many are there?"
"About fifty thousand."
"Begorrah," shouts Pat, jumping up & grabbing his rifle, "our fortune's made."

Paddy O Brien
Paddy O Brien 03/17/10 - 07:37 am
Morning is the time to pity

Morning is the time to pity the sober. The way they're feeling then is the best they're going to feel all day.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

deekster
deekster 03/17/10 - 07:42 am
"Lord grant that I may always

"Lord grant that I may always be right, for Thou knowest that I am hard to turn." Irish Poem

deekster
deekster 03/17/10 - 07:43 am
Had the Irish not invented

Had the Irish not invented whiskey, they would now rule the world. LOL

deekster
deekster 03/17/10 - 07:47 am
How is it possible for 75

How is it possible for 75 percent of Richmond County school students to qualify for free or reduced lunches when the average income per family is greater than $50,000, according to the Richmond County Web site? Sheriff Strength said "you can make statistics mean anything, they are just numbers".

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/17/10 - 07:55 am
Good Morning America,

Good Morning America, Veterans and friends.
My joke and laugh for the day....It is not Irish but you will enjoy it if not seen it before.

deekster
deekster 03/17/10 - 07:56 am
To those "Irish Purist",

To those "Irish Purist", please remember that today's Irish menu is "ham and cabbage", not "corned beef and cabbage". Irish could not afford "beef". Corned beef and cabbage is a "Jewish-Irish" tradition. My the Lord bless you Irishmen with a long life to compensate for your other short comings.

Trouble
Trouble 03/17/10 - 08:06 am
ok, who is going downtown

ok, who is going downtown today?

deekster
deekster 03/17/10 - 08:12 am
Not school children, people

Not school children, people who have actual jobs, people who "have a life", people who are home bound, people who watched "Tim Strong Weather at Noon" on Tuesday, WASP's, Daniel Day Lewis........ I'm just "green with envy" that Protestant Irish are not invited.

Trouble
Trouble 03/17/10 - 08:14 am
lol deek, rc is out of school

lol deek, rc is out of school today, there could be a lot of school children there

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/17/10 - 08:19 am
Is the Discotec open early, I

Is the Discotec open early, I hear they are wearing Green G Strings!!

Paddy O Brien
Paddy O Brien 03/17/10 - 08:20 am
My god! What happened to

My god! What happened to you?" the bartender asked Kelly as he hobbled in on a crutch, one arm in a cast.

"I got in a tiff with Riley."

"Riley? He's just a wee fellow," the barkeep said surprised.

"He must have had something in his hand."

"That he did," Kelly said. "A shovel it was."

"Dear Lord. Didn't you have anything in your hand?"

"Aye, that I did--Mrs. Riley's left breast." Kelly said. "And a beautiful thing it was, but not much use in a fight!"

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/17/10 - 08:45 am
And a Happy Paddy O Furniture

And a Happy Paddy O Furniture day to all youze.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/17/10 - 08:47 am
Coldbeer you better stay out

Coldbeer you better stay out of those "nasty" places on Broad. If you end up with green all over your hands & face we will know...lol

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/17/10 - 08:58 am
You know, they weren't green

You know, they weren't green before.

Paddy O Brien
Paddy O Brien 03/17/10 - 09:05 am
Jimmy-Joe finds a Genie lamp

Jimmy-Joe finds a Genie lamp and rubs it. Out comes the Genie and asks "Master you have released me from the lamp and I grant you three wishes, what would you like"

Jimmy-Joe scratches his head, then answers "A bottle of Guinness that never gets empty." "Granted master" retorted the Genie and produced the bottle. Jimmy-Joe was delighted and got drunk on this one magic Guiness bottle for weeks then he remembered that he had two other wishes.

He rubbed the lamp again and the Genie appeared. "Yes master, you have two more wishes, what would you like?" "You know that magic, never ending Guinness bottle" he asks the Genie. "Well, for my final two wishes, I'd like another two of them"

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/17/10 - 09:08 am
I submit the POTUS is

I submit the POTUS is actually Irish.
1. His name is O'bama
2. His Dr tells us he drinks too much &
3. He's never had a real job in his life.
No "real Irish" were harmed in the creation of this post.

Smith case referred to Attorney General's office

A state probe into allegations former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith moonlighted for a hospitality company while drawing his Georgia State Patrol salary will be reviewed by the state attorney ...