Rants & Raves

If the mayor wants the city to approve his plans to build a baseball stadium downtown, first he needs to do something about cleaning up the mess that is downtown. Security cameras along Broad Street and the surrounding areas would be a great start.

Before any decisions are made regarding Dr. Dana Bedden's position as superintendent, more information is needed on our local schools. I suggest that each board member choose a school and a grade level and be a substitute there for one day. Then they can all meet behind closed doors and compare their days, their observations, their concerns, their disappointments, and their revelations. No need for expensive audits or consults. Just let the esteemed board members be in a class and run that class for the day. They will learn all there is to know about our schools.

Am I the only one that received two letters from the U.S. Department of Commerce informing me about the 2010 Census form coming? Same letter with same date, and some of you think the U.S. government can run a new health care program. It plundered Medicare, underfunded Medicaid and now wants us to believe it will do better.

This rant is for the Hephzibah Middle School student I witnessed verbally attacking a teacher. Shame on you for using the language you did. I heard her ask you to please sit down and be quiet and you proceeded to approach her and curse her out. Your parents must be really proud of the kind of young lady they raised.

I only see reports about the mold at the Law Enforcement Center. What about the Transit Department? When it rains it leaks so bad that mold is growing all over the walls and ceiling. There are offices with so many buckets to catch the water that you can't walk past them. When will something be done?

Has anybody noticed lately that politicians throw around the word "million" (dollars) as though it means a stick of gum?

All of the hysteria over the Gay Pride parade is ridiculous. They've been having these in Atlanta and Savannah for years with no problems. This parade will no more turn you gay than the St. Patrick's Day parade will turn you Irish. Get into the 21st century, Augusta!

This is a Rant. I've been hearing that the city was going to widen Windsor Spring Road from Tobacco Road and Highway 88 for years now. It is just putting patches on the road that either don't stay or, if they do, they are higher than the road and make it unsafe to drive on. Why not just repave the road and get it over?

A huge rave for Lori Davis, Butch Palmer, Joe Bowles and all of the donors who helped bring chronic nuisance property expert John Campbell to Augusta. It looks like all of the hard work has paid off and Augusta's neighborhoods are finally going to get cleaned up.

KSL
KSL 03/01/10 - 08:21 pm
Set to or stopped at, Fed?

Set to or stopped at, Fed?

bettyboop
bettyboop 03/01/10 - 08:31 pm
Best conversation going on is

Best conversation going on is the column by Sylvia Cooper...been great following it.....so just WHO does own the Southgate property???

Tots
Tots 03/01/10 - 08:50 pm
4th rant-Many students cuss

4th rant-Many students cuss at teachers and adults.I've wrote students up,only to be cussed out by the parent.(RoadKill you got email).

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 08:46 pm
Hey Countyman: We've all

Hey Countyman: We've all enjoyed your posts the last few days weeks? months? years? proclaiming all the wonderful things going on in Richmond County.

Is there a point? Could we get a summary with which we can agree/disagree? I appreciate your civic pride, admire your fact-finding ability, and would probably agree with any point you're trying to make but I cannot fathom why you persist, on all threads, in such manner.

Or is it all pointless? Enquiring minds, want to know. Thanks in advance.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/01/10 - 08:55 pm
Do you think he may be riding

Do you think he may be riding Jack234's train? Toot Toot

Tots
Tots 03/01/10 - 09:00 pm
8th rant about Windsor Spring

8th rant about Windsor Spring road,I'm thinking it may be within the year.(Petey did you burn one?)

corgimom
corgimom 03/01/10 - 09:12 pm
Aye, your post at 9:25- I

Aye, your post at 9:25- I loved it! No, I am not related in any way to YappyMuther. And my dog doesn't yap, he is the quietest dog I've ever had.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 09:20 pm
Bows deeply. Curtsies even.

Bows deeply. Curtsies even.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 09:25 pm
countyman - If I was the

countyman - If I was the slightest bit interested in the topic, I know where on the AC to go find the info/comments on it. But thank you, as always, for your cheerleader input.

Jake
Jake 03/01/10 - 09:57 pm
I'm not sure I understand the

I'm not sure I understand the AC policy on copyright avatars. If Groucho Marx's image is a copyrighted infringement, what about Buckwheat (Hal Roach Studios) and Betty Boop (Max Fleischman comics)? Ayetidiosi has stated quite well earlier today how absurd the copyrighted policy is. So if Groucho is not Kosher (pun) what about the others?

corgimom
corgimom 03/01/10 - 09:59 pm
In Charlotte, a woman was

The "mother" had several criminal convictions and she was awaiting trial for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 10:04 pm
Jake: thanks for the kind

Jake: thanks for the kind words. I've found a loophole. Google "Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license".

My new avatar is licensed for my use by the creator. I am absolutely certain you can find Groucho images in the public domain. I'd suggest beginning with the Smithsonian.

As Sean likes to point out, clever minds will...

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 10:06 pm
Jake, they are only mad

Jake, they are only mad because Buckwheat is a boy of color. There is no other reason. That is the simple truth. Roach Sound (the parent company of Lil' Rascals/Our Gang) turned over the rights for free public use and commercial display 40 years ago. See Ayet's post above mine.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 03/01/10 - 10:06 pm
Corgimom sez; "In Charlotte,

Corgimom sez; "In Charlotte, a woman was arrested on 2 counts of murder today. She left 4 children alone- 7, 4, 2, and 1- and a kerosene heater started a fire. The 2 year old and 1 year old were burned to death.

A firefighter was burned trying to save the two deceased children. The neighbors were awakened by the screams of the children screaming "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy". That makes my blood run cold."
____________________________

Makes my heart ache!

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 10:13 pm
Ayet - The top 1% or 0.1%

Ayet - The top 1% or 0.1% don't work for the AC advertising dept. Sometimes this is too easy.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 10:14 pm
It's a bear we must cross,

It's a bear we must cross, CarlosC. You gets what yous pays for.

Jake
Jake 03/01/10 - 10:16 pm
Thanks, men, for the info.

Thanks, men, for the info. I'll see what I can come up with.

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 03/01/10 - 10:16 pm
Sarge, glad to see you up and

Sarge, glad to see you up and posting---hang tough!

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 10:21 pm
Tots - What kind of question

Tots - What kind of question were you asking at 8pm? Are you trying to get Petey in trouble with the narco squad, the music industry, his internet provider, or the IRS? ;-)

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 10:38 pm
Carlos: You forgot the

Carlos: You forgot the Copyright Gestapo™.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 10:23 pm
Jake I can prove your Avatar

Jake I can prove your Avatar is legal if they bug you. Let me know if you need help.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 10:35 pm
Ayet - I never forget them --

Ayet - I never forget them -- I just make make funny faces and Bullwinkle© ears at them. Kinda like I do with the AC "love notes".

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 10:53 pm
Watch out, love notes will

Watch out, love notes will become love notes©.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 03/01/10 - 11:16 pm
Thanks Glass, its been a

Thanks Glass, its been a bugger! Then too, it's hard to keep up with this Monday night crew! :o)