Rants & Raves

If the mayor wants the city to approve his plans to build a baseball stadium downtown, first he needs to do something about cleaning up the mess that is downtown. Security cameras along Broad Street and the surrounding areas would be a great start.

Before any decisions are made regarding Dr. Dana Bedden's position as superintendent, more information is needed on our local schools. I suggest that each board member choose a school and a grade level and be a substitute there for one day. Then they can all meet behind closed doors and compare their days, their observations, their concerns, their disappointments, and their revelations. No need for expensive audits or consults. Just let the esteemed board members be in a class and run that class for the day. They will learn all there is to know about our schools.

Am I the only one that received two letters from the U.S. Department of Commerce informing me about the 2010 Census form coming? Same letter with same date, and some of you think the U.S. government can run a new health care program. It plundered Medicare, underfunded Medicaid and now wants us to believe it will do better.

This rant is for the Hephzibah Middle School student I witnessed verbally attacking a teacher. Shame on you for using the language you did. I heard her ask you to please sit down and be quiet and you proceeded to approach her and curse her out. Your parents must be really proud of the kind of young lady they raised.

I only see reports about the mold at the Law Enforcement Center. What about the Transit Department? When it rains it leaks so bad that mold is growing all over the walls and ceiling. There are offices with so many buckets to catch the water that you can't walk past them. When will something be done?

Has anybody noticed lately that politicians throw around the word "million" (dollars) as though it means a stick of gum?

All of the hysteria over the Gay Pride parade is ridiculous. They've been having these in Atlanta and Savannah for years with no problems. This parade will no more turn you gay than the St. Patrick's Day parade will turn you Irish. Get into the 21st century, Augusta!

This is a Rant. I've been hearing that the city was going to widen Windsor Spring Road from Tobacco Road and Highway 88 for years now. It is just putting patches on the road that either don't stay or, if they do, they are higher than the road and make it unsafe to drive on. Why not just repave the road and get it over?

A huge rave for Lori Davis, Butch Palmer, Joe Bowles and all of the donors who helped bring chronic nuisance property expert John Campbell to Augusta. It looks like all of the hard work has paid off and Augusta's neighborhoods are finally going to get cleaned up.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 04:42 pm
Aye - Depends if you are

Aye - Depends if you are coming or going......

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 04:42 pm
No need for such blunt speech

No need for such blunt speech yo?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 04:44 pm
I'm married, easy guess to

I'm married, easy guess to which I'd miss most often.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 05:04 pm
So pick a cute

So pick a cute urologist.....life is easy if you let it be. Peace!

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 05:06 pm
So pick a cute

So pick a cute urologist.....life is easy if you let it be. Peace!

emergencyfan
emergencyfan 03/01/10 - 05:07 pm
Resurfacing and maintenance

Resurfacing and maintenance on Reynolds Street from 13th Street to Riverwatch Parkway. Cost is $106,860.

Resurfacing and maintenance on Jones Street from Riverwatch Parkway to 13th Street. Cost is $125,561.

Thanks goodness, my teeth rattle driving those sections.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 03/01/10 - 05:08 pm
Just when I thought it

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 05:12 pm
Thanks goodness, my teeth

Thanks goodness, my teeth rattle driving those sections.

Amen

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 05:16 pm
yet like the scene of a car

yet like the scene of a car crash, you keep coming back to look. c'mon, you really like us all, dontcha? here's the e you omitted from the name

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 03/01/10 - 05:17 pm
Call me a masochist but sadly

Call me a masochist but sadly you are right! LOL Gotta go!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 05:25 pm
Have a blissful day, Corp.

Have a blissful day, Corp.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 06:25 pm
I guess this explains the

I guess this explains the poor turnout at the 420chan.org afternoon party since many appear to have their undergarments in a twist today. A friendly hint - don't show up there with an attitude or not knowing what you are doing on a computer. One last thing, make sure you have a set too if comments in here ever offend you.

TNTASTE
TNTASTE 03/01/10 - 06:44 pm
The only thing a Homosexual

The only thing a Homosexual Pride day shows. It tries to ok it in front of your chirldren. If you are that darn stupid then go and suck it up. I am going and procede with what the Bible says. This great countrys morallity is degrading just the same way you can eat an elephant, one bite at a time, it sure hurts to know there are more Idiots in this country than it is straight, honest, well meaning people.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 06:34 pm
TNTASTE - All I ask is that

TNTASTE - All I ask is that they all bring their sons to march proudly in front of their school classmates on Father's Day weekend! If it was in fact a "genetic no-choice" issue, the sodomite practices would have expired with the first generation. 'Nuff said!

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 06:38 pm
I am a very kicked back

I am a very kicked back personal freedoms type of boy. However, at least I know why Our Creator gave us genitalia, and it was not just for perverted pleasure.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 06:42 pm
Government surveyors came to

Government surveyors came to Ole's farm in the fall and asked if they could do some surveying. Ole agreed and Lena even served them a nice meal at noon time.

The next spring, the two surveyors stopped by and told Ole, "Because you were so kind to us, we wanted to give you this bad news in person instead of by letter.

Ole replied, "What's the bad news?

The surveyors stated, "Well, after our work we discovered your farm is not in Minnesota , but is actually in South Dakota !"

Ole looked at Lena and said, "That's the best news I have heard in a long time, why I just told Lena this morning, I don't think I can take another winter in Minnesota."

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 07:00 pm
Carlos!!!!!!!!!! You should

Carlos!!!!!!!!!! You should be ashamed and know better:

"The comments are provided by The Augusta Chronicle a place for discussion of issues, not for proliferation of racist stereotypes. Please refrain from making such comments in the future.

Thanks,

Sarah Day Owen
Social Media Editor"

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 07:10 pm
that's not nice

that's not nice

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 07:12 pm
So report it - There are

So report it - There are enough folks on here that can tell you how to do it if you can't figure out you [non-filtered word]

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 07:17 pm
I've given up reporting

I've given up reporting comments: the AC can pretty much predict which ones I'd report by now, lol. It's Ayetidiosi season.

FedupwithAUG
FedupwithAUG 03/01/10 - 07:49 pm
in reference to Zeno 3:34am

in reference to Zeno 3:34am post - the 420 is in reference to marijuana use. Keep smoking you pipe, I hope you end up in jail where you belong.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 07:54 pm
Item you won't see on CNN or

Item you won't see on CNN or MSNBC or etc etc

President Obama extended the Patriot Act for another year. Yes, that Patriot Act.

KSL
KSL 03/01/10 - 07:58 pm
Isn't it amazing that someone

Isn't it amazing that someone can campaign one way on certain issues, but when he actually gets on the inside he can be filled in on the need to keep the status quo and he then accepts that. Obviously 0 has come to realize that there are some very nasty people out there bent on harming American people.

CarlosC
CarlosC 03/01/10 - 07:59 pm
Fedup - Please hush your

Fedup - Please hush your mouf! Zeno and I aren't buddies, but that's just wrong!!! Read "A Separate Reality" for better insight.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 08:00 pm
I vaguely recall someone

I vaguely recall someone campaigning on not being "8 more years of failed Bush policies"....must be hallucinating again/still.

KSL
KSL 03/01/10 - 08:02 pm
At least you recall it. Most

At least you recall it. Most of his supporters have conveniently forgotten his promises and the reason they voted for him. Or was there another reason?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 08:04 pm
Good grief, his supporters?

Good grief, his supporters? Obama led off the health care circus by clearly stating the GOP had plans and ticked off the bullet points of them.

Yet, both the DEM Convictpersons and King Barry's supporters STILL demanded the GOP to put up a plan... do they not pay attention to their own boy King? Nope. Uh uh. Nyet. Fugeddabouddit.

countyman
20627
countyman 03/01/10 - 08:09 pm
New retail or restaurant in

New retail or restaurant in South Augusta. There is construction beside the Car Wash on Windsor Spring rd. The work is being done btw Wood Lake Subdivision and Tobacco rd. Near the Car Wash, Sprint, and Checkers in the middle of the medians in the road.

View here for the complete details. Along with info on other things.....

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 03/01/10 - 08:24 pm
This comment removed by

• This comment removed by authour because it was just plain catty.
  • FedupwithAUG
    FedupwithAUG 03/01/10 - 08:15 pm
    Yes I know the book CarlosC.

Yes I know the book CarlosC. Shame they outlawed shrooms in Amsterdam last year. That French girl ruied it by jumping off that building. You can still get them every full moon at the Bomba shack in Tortolla. But like I said the 420 is in reference to Pot smoking. Watch Pulp Fiction I believe all the clocks in the picture are set to 4:20.