Rants & Raves

I bet if Bubba Swan, magistrate judge, had one of his family members beaten unmercifully just because he had on a blue shirt he would admit that there are indeed gangs in McDuffie County. Get real, the sorry guy admitted in the bond hearing that he beat that young man just because he had on a blue shirt.

Rant to the Chronicle: Cow gives record milk and Tiger Woods apologizes. Obviously a slow news day.

HUGE Rant to The Chronicle. Do we really need a whole front page of Tiger Woods? The front page should be reserved for real news that people actually care about. Enough of Tiger Woods already!

Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to address Emory grads. Why? Will his speech include instructions on what not to do based on his lousy stewardship of California's government?

Only in Augusta would we tear down a big nice building because the roof leaks and mold is present. What if mold is in all buildings? Have they ever heard of roof repair and bleach for the mold? If all buildings were razed because of this, there would be no buildings over 20 years old.

I have no particular opinions about a gay pride parade in Augusta, other than the fact that such a parade is legal. As a heterosexual family man, however, I must agree with the gay female ranter about the Feb. 16 letters to the editor, both of which were gratuitously offensive in content and wording.

As a member of the Republican Party, I see no problem with the Augusta Pride Parade. I don't agree with them, but I will fight to the death for their right to say it. If you want to complain, organize a sanctity of marriage parade.

Never will we set foot on Broad Street again if gays are allowed to parade. Flaunting impropriety is unacceptable.

This is a Rant for parents who take their children to events and leave them alone so they can act like animals. I was at the Battle of Aiken and someone let eight children ages 7 to 8 sit alone. They were the worst-behaved children I have ever come across. They were disrespectful to the re-enactors and the people around them. The Battle of Aiken is a family event. If you go as a family, you should stay together for the entire event.

Those Civil War guys sure ate well. Those are some big boys. The CSA must have gone bankrupt trying to feed them.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 02/24/10 - 04:17 am
That's it? I waited until you

That's it? I waited until you guys put the pages back up...and that's it? A judge named Bubba belongs in TX....Please no more Tiger anything....give us a break about Tiger...give it a rest. When I left town in the 80's the jailn had not yet been built...I come back a few yrs ago and it's falling apart...who built this thing anyway...City leaders never could hire good construction work....what a waste of good taxpayer money...I'm for the remodel idea..forget rebuilding...and why is it taking so long to act on the problem..I've been hearing about the same of stuff since 04...does it take this long to decide? Talk about things moving slow in the south would be an understatement...three about the gay parade...who cares? if ya aint gay then by now you've had you're say, and if ya are, stay away from me...perverts. Someone should have located the parents and told them then and there that the kids were not behaving...what good's it gonna do to rant here about it? Very slow day...

Troubled1
Troubled1 02/24/10 - 04:39 am
morning all and especially

morning all and especially sillique

Just me 2
Just me 2 02/24/10 - 05:18 am
The judge's name is William

The judge's name is William Bryant Swan Jr. It seems the rant is using his nickname.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 05:20 am
What does identifying oneself

What does identifying oneself as being a Republican have to do with supporting the Gay Pride parade? There are many homosexuals who are not Democrats. w00t!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 05:25 am
Zeno, I hate to be the one to

Zeno, I hate to be the one to break this to ya, but the world may not be all about keeping you happy and content. Have a blissful day! G'mornin, silly-q and all y'all!

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 02/24/10 - 05:36 am
My world is about keeping

My world is about keeping myself happy and content Pete...by now you know to take everything I post w a grain of salt...My days are always full of blissful ignorance...it's info overload that drives me nuts. KISS is something I never quite got the hang of.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 07:22 am
A leaky roof on the top floor

A leaky roof on the top floor with a jail in the middle is not causing the water leaks on the bottom administrative floors. Digging out and replacing plumbing in a reinforced concrete multi-story structure is "a bit" more complicated than throwing some tar on a roof. Build the new one customized for the particular needs of the Sheriff's Department. It's the least that can be done for these loyal public servants.

Just me 2
Just me 2 02/24/10 - 07:24 am
To: ALL Toyota Owners...If

To: ALL Toyota Owners...If your gas pedal sticks, shift the transmission into NEUTRAL. It could save your life!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 07:25 am
Only about 1 hour until "the

Only about 1 hour until "the guy" who knows how/is allowed to fix the Latest Comments on the Discussion tab comes in. Hang in there, y'all!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 07:30 am
Also, if you encounter a

Also, if you encounter a stuck gas pedal in your Toyota, buy a PowerBall ticket on the way home since the odds are about the same. (actually the odds of winning a PowerBall jackpot are much higher)

crackerjack
crackerjack 02/24/10 - 08:38 am
What's Up With This

What's Up With This Headline...................................

House Republican anxious to hear Toyoda testimony

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 02/24/10 - 08:41 am
Toyoda is the ceo name,

Toyoda is the ceo name, grandson of founder I think.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 09:05 am
Zeno, you are correct. Akio

Zeno, you are correct. Akio Toyoda is the 53 y/o grandson of the founder. He has been groomed for this position since his birth. After his "losing face" public apology, I would not be surprised if there isn't a short sword and a self-disembowelment in his not too distant future.

Just me 2
Just me 2 02/24/10 - 09:04 am
Well, the odds might be

Well, the odds might be against it happening but it is better to know how to stop the car than to not be able to. The Power Ball has nothing to do with it.

willienelson
willienelson 02/24/10 - 09:04 am
He is also called Yoda for

He is also called Yoda for short and has appeared in several films training young men in the ways of inter galactic warfare, and he's green.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 09:09 am
Just me 2 - I agree, you did

Just me 2 - I agree, you did pass on a good tip. With 8.5 million vehicles, each of which have the accelerator pressed hundreds of times a day, possibly subject to this malady resulting in 37 known deaths, the statistical odds are very low that any particular person would encounter this. I did not intend to make fun of your advice.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 09:14 am
willie - He is

willie - He is Irish-Japanese?

deekster
deekster 02/24/10 - 09:27 am
Toyoda is heir to one of the

Toyoda is heir to one of the "three ruling family" left intact by the surrender treaty in 1945. Remember the "triangle symbol for Mitsubishi". The manufacturer of the planes that bombed Pearl Harbor.The "emperor and these three families" were left in their "power position" to facilitate a "peaceful peace treaty". "Take our god, no peace, you die, we die.

deekster
deekster 02/24/10 - 09:30 am
The U.S. military estimated

The U.S. military estimated 250,000 U.S. casualties in a "land invasion of Japan". Thank goodness Harry "the snake" Truman dropped the bomb.

butler123
butler123 02/24/10 - 09:42 am
I appreciate the tip of

I appreciate the tip of putting the car in neutral. Stupidly I didn't think of that. I was thinking why someone wouldn't just turn off the ignition, but it is harder to stop and steer if you do that.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/24/10 - 09:55 am
They are Toyotas... simply

They are Toyotas... simply put your tennis shoe on the spark plug like every other lawnmower.

bettyboop
bettyboop 02/24/10 - 09:58 am
A chilly good morning to all

A chilly good morning to all you R&R folks....looks like we are in for some more cold nights..(I'm tired of cold)...the R&R have been really lame for a while not really worth commenting on.........good tip on the Toyota,,as I drive one. It was sleeting in Atl. this am....*sigh*

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/10 - 10:09 am
Good am bettyboop....you are

Good am bettyboop....you are right things have been lame on r&r...it is 35 degrees here .. don't see the sleet yet but its coming...hate it when it's too cold to get out...good tip on the car....the lady testifying in congress gave a very emotional speech...she said NOTHING worked when she tried her gears...who knows.

wheeza
wheeza 02/24/10 - 10:10 am
I feel really sad for the

I feel really sad for the comment made about someone never wanting to set foot on Broad street again...due to a gay parade. While I am not gay I do believe this.....God loves all of us and He will be at the Parade because He is in the midst of all things. Jesus hung out with drunkards, whores, etc, and thank goodness for that because if He doesn't hang out "with the least of these" then I would have never gotten to know my Father. While we all have our beliefs on what is right/wrong we should remember that we all fall short and that it is by grace alone, God's Grace, that we are saved.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 10:11 am
It's a beautiful morning for

It's a beautiful morning for those who actually live in the CSRA!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 10:19 am
I think maybe the Gay Pride

I think maybe the Gay Pride and St Patrick's Day Parades could be combined. We have the perfect team in town to organize (sic) it and make sure both sides receive equal attention. This would be the public relations firm of Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick.

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 02/24/10 - 10:49 am
Toyota is still chasing their

Toyota is still chasing their uncontrolled acceleration problem. If you drive a Toyota that has been "repaired", good luck to you. A sticking pedal does not explain uncontrolled "acceleration". There are reports or these cars accelerating on their own. A pedal must be depressed to the floor to stick to the floor. Japanese roulette.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/24/10 - 10:58 am
This shouldn't really be a

This shouldn't really be a surprise to anybody, but here are the numbers:

Voter unhappiness with Congress has reached the highest level ever recorded by Rasmussen Reports as 71% now say the legislature is doing a poor job.

That’s up ten points from the previous high of 61% reached a month ago.

Only 10% of voters say Congress is doing a good or excellent job.

Nearly half of Democratic voters (48%) now give Congress a poor rating, up 17 points since January. The vast majority of Republicans and voters not affiliated with either party also give Congress poor ratings.

GO_BAMA_2010_ROLL_TIDE
GO_BAMA_2010_ROLL_TIDE 02/24/10 - 11:45 am
tate, all I can say about

tate, all I can say about your 10:15 is unbelievable!

usafvet
usafvet 02/24/10 - 11:45 am
Tate, with such an outpouring

Tate, with such an outpouring of hate and venom, I have to think that you possess all three of those qualities in your last sentence. More importantly, you will always be like that until you find something good and positive about your self. Don't blame the rest of the world, especially the white race. Just be proud of yourself. I am proud of myself, maybe because I possess none of those three qualities. Also, I served to protect the right you enjoy of expressing yourself. Remember, I have that right also. GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS AND OUR VETERANS.

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.