Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I've been reading the Rants & Raves, and I keep seeing all these things about the sheriff's office falling in on the employees and on the sheriff's head. It needs to be torn down and built again in the same spot. I have heard not one complain about the inmates being in there under all that mold. I don't understand why it's always about the employees and the sheriff but never the inmates.

This is a reply to the item in the Rants & Raves Sunday about the difference in traffic speed between North Augusta and Augusta. I am familiar with many small towns where doing 26 in a 25 mph zone can get you a ticket. Know why? Local police have nothing else to do.

This is a thanks to Rob Pavey for the article about Lake Olmstead and the history.

This rave is for the newspaper carriers. I got up Saturday morning; there was snow on the ground; and so was my newspaper. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This rant is for all those people wondering where all the jobs are. You can start by looking in your driveway. Then take a look at the labels in your clothing and check to see where 90 percent of the things you own were made. If you don't know by now, then you probably won't get it.

When I see a McCain/Palin sticker on the back of a vehicle, I think a pair of losers driven by a loser.

Democrats in Congress are bailing out left and right. Now, that's change we can count on! We can only hope others will follow.

If MTU Detroit Diesel is a legit private business, why can't it find its own investors rather than conning Aiken County government into taxing citizens and calling it an investment? It's not the taxpayers' job to finance private industry. That's the same thing Obama has forced on us by getting into GM. The solution is to cut the size of all governments back down to size.

This is a rave for all of the crews out in the cold and snow. You all did a great job restoring power, cutting trees, cleaning up wrecks. Thanks.

Where on earth do you find people who still can't spot a "global warming" hoax when it slaps them in the face? They insist on believing the asinine argument that colder weather means "warming." How sad for such folks; and how sad for those of us who are saddled with them.

I notice that the only time this paper and Rush Limbaugh mention global warming is in the dead of winter. How convenient. Also why is it I only hear about term limits when the GOP loses?

Tell us what you think
cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 02/17/10 - 03:07 am
I agree with the person that

I agree with the person that said when he see a bumper sticker on the back of a car that say-MCCAIN-PALIN. It also remind me of a loser advertising losers and I think how lucky I am to be an American.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/17/10 - 04:20 am
Here's wishing a Blessed Ash

Here's wishing a Blessed Ash Wednesday to all Christians. I hope everybody survived Mardi Gras! w00t!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/17/10 - 04:35 am
The MTU Diesel ranter needs

The MTU Diesel ranter needs to gather a few facts. The story in today's AC explains the deal clearly. This will not raise taxes or result in ANY permanent loss of tax money to lure a company which will provide industry and jobs. It's a win-win situation.

Troubled1
Troubled1 02/17/10 - 05:23 am
when i see an obama biden

when i see an obama biden sticker on a car, i think "better watch out for that one, if they stupid enough to vote for him, they most likely cant drive", but i appreciate the warning........

1941
1941 02/17/10 - 05:45 am
#1; If the inmates were

#1; If the inmates were decent citizens, they would not be there in the first place!!!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/17/10 - 05:48 am
Funny Troubled. I thought the

Funny Troubled. I thought the Obama Biden sticker was one liar telling us how good they think two other liars are running the country.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/17/10 - 05:49 am
Wow 1941. Didn't expect that

Wow 1941. Didn't expect that from a liberal.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 05:50 am
To the ranter about where the

To the ranter about where the jobs have gone.. I agree just look in your home & see where this stuff was made ..wow there's your answer.. Buy USA .. ck labels .. if they don't have USA products ask why not..GOOD AM PETEY...& gobs & he-hoos

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/17/10 - 05:57 am
To the last ranter.

To the last ranter. Apparently your head is stuck way deep in the sand. Even former IPCC scientists are beginning to refute their own data and saying they made mistakes about "global warming" based on faulty data.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 06:26 am
WHEW... I just finished last

WHEW... I just finished last nite's r&r....& to think that I was watching am idol & gpb & missed all of the cat-fighting...was funny though...

cristinadh
cristinadh 02/17/10 - 06:28 am
maybe the gods are just mad!!

maybe the gods are just mad!!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/17/10 - 06:55 am
Hey, g'mornin to (most) all.

Hey, g'mornin to (most) all. At least the wind isn't howling!

A thought for the day: Aldous Huxley wrote, "Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you."

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/17/10 - 06:48 am
A ?Rave? to WRDW for making

A ?Rave? to WRDW for making their website background/theme brown to honor Black History Month.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 07:11 am
Last nite Bill Maher was on

Last nite Bill Maher was on Larry King...some might not like him but I give him credit for his honesty & his biting humor.(reminds me of some on here)He sez he voted for O but he hasn't gotten anything done this year..sez we have put too much media time on Haiti when we have other pressing problems..not happy with our congress...& like others are saying ..we have a better chance of a third party than ever b4...Many politicans are seeing the writing on the wall... folks are real mad & will show it come election time.. hope so..

texred
texred 02/17/10 - 07:25 am
Good morning all you fellow

Good morning all you fellow Americans, hope you all have a good day and Petey you should enjoy a gentle breeze like yesterday once in a while, just warm it up some - LOL -- Morning Zoe!

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 07:29 am
Good morning ebbybody. Here's

Good morning ebbybody. Here's to a kinder, gentler forum this morning.

Taylor B
Taylor B 02/17/10 - 07:43 am
That's like wishing for a

That's like wishing for a kinder gentler prostate exam...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 07:45 am
Willie did you play golf

Willie did you play golf with your pants on the ground?? ;-)

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 07:49 am
I did. Was a little over par

I did. Was a little over par for that particular course. I was on fire yesterday. Just kept drilling em in from every angle. Did I mention how well I did on the back nine?

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 07:51 am
seenit, do you like to play?

seenit, do you like to play?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 07:53 am
YEP Willie... You told us how

YEP Willie... You told us how good U are ...do U play at Jones Creek,,,Westlake or the Patch?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/17/10 - 07:55 am
willienelson, did you and

willienelson, did you and family build that snowman?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 07:56 am
GOB has tried to teach me how

GOB has tried to teach me how to play... Never have seen the guy cuss much but he did then..& usually he is such a kind gentle guy too..can't imagine what set him off like that..

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/17/10 - 07:57 am
It's fun watching humor zoom

It's fun watching humor zoom right over some folks' heads .... it might be time to request a beam-up, willie.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 08:01 am
We get it Petey... just can't

We get it Petey... just can't put everything on here.. YA KNOW

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 08:04 am
OT, actually that's from the

OT, actually that's from the snow a couple of years ago when I was still in Athens. It was a community effort with lots of help from the student section. Kathy & I were downtown sipping coffe after eating at Harry Bissets when we saw the beginning of the construction. WE and others there immediately joined in.

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 08:16 am
Sorry. TMI

Sorry. TMI

Searcher
Searcher 02/17/10 - 08:15 am
This is a RANT about the AC

This is a RANT about the AC forum. Please fix it or close it down completely! Or have you disowned it? How 'bout an explanation please?!

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 08:18 am
I agree with searcher.

I agree with searcher. Something has to be done about folks posting here. Forums like this were not designed for people to get online and discuss things. This is the worse thing I have ever seen.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/17/10 - 08:27 am
willie, no more jokes about

willie, no more jokes about "Only 17ft?" huh? I think of Marilyn Chambers in the closing scene of "Insatiable", her last words were "More, more!"

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.