Rants & Raves

This is in response to the ranter who slams North Augusta for having clean streets and garbage pickup. That's what we pay taxes and our water bills for, to keep the streets clean and safe. I'm so sorry Augusta can't do the same thing.

This is a rant to the guy talking trash about North Augusta not having anything to claim. Well, tell him that North Augusta is a lot nicer than Augusta. Tell him to come to North Augusta and see how many prostitutes and crackheads he sees compared to downtown Augusta. We might not have as much to claim, but we have a lot more friendliness and safety.

I don't know why we can't get law enforcement on Interstate 20 from North Augusta to Washington Road. People fly up and down that road at 80 mph, and no cops are in sight. It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't expect to see this in print, but after reading and listening to Jenny Sanford and what she says about her husband, that man should never have been elected to any kind of office. There's something seriously wrong with that man.

This is a rave for the young girl from Lakeside High with the prom dress giveaway. I think that was truly a wonderful idea, and what a blessing for all.

Went downtown to First Friday this past Friday night for the first time in a few years, and it will be the last time. We pulled into a parking space on 10th Street facing Sandwich City, not in the restaurant parking lot, which was roped off with yellow tape. A jerk came out of nowhere and said, "You can't park there." I asked why, and he said that it was private property. Several other lots in the area were also roped off. So we drove around forever looking for another spot. Just wondering why some business owners want us to come downtown but then want to make it difficult for us park.

A BIG rant to myself. I was involved in the scuffle on Martintown Road on Sunday and would like to apologize to the other gentleman involved and all who witnessed.

Tell us what you think
Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 02/11/10 - 02:53 am
Nice post from the gentelman

Nice post from the gentelman on Martintown road - nice to see personal acountibility for ones actions.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 02/11/10 - 04:41 am
Ditto that, As. People often

Ditto that, As. People often times have to look at themselves first before a change can be made. Also, I would like to extend a hearty thank you to the teacher in the second to last rant. There is a majority of parents "out there" who greatly appreciate what you do and what you have to put up with.

cristinadh
cristinadh 02/11/10 - 06:26 am
"No, Sonny, I will not have

"No, Sonny, I will not have my teacher's paycheck based on whether I can get a crack baby, fetal-alcohol baby, failure-to-thrive baby or a shaken baby to read because I can't fight what the parents have already done to their child. Five Ph.D.'s in that classroom couldn't teach that child to read. Today I had to teach a 10-year-old how to blow his nose."

I agree... teachers are tired of raising the children when it should be the parent's responsibility... and if the teachers have that power then give them all of the power so they beat the crap out of the children that misbehave and disruptive and all they do is be disrespectful to the teachers!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/11/10 - 06:31 am
I think someone in North

I think someone in North Augusta is trying to make a point! I'll have to agree with them, North Augusta is cleaner and safer. They are also quietly growing without all the empty strip malls and seem to have the right development plans in place. ARC Commission, there's your study, free of charge. Just ask to copy it!!

Troubled1
Troubled1 02/11/10 - 06:38 am
cbbp, a study is not valid

cbbp, a study is not valid unless it costs the city lots of money.....just ask the commissioners

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/11/10 - 07:21 am
You forget it has to benefit

You forget it has to benefit someone's relative also!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 07:28 am
Good Morning to All, esp, all

Good Morning to All, esp, all the GOBS & HE HOOs out there... The teacher is right.. 5 phds wouldn't make a difference...N Aug. is cleaner.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/11/10 - 07:33 am
Who dat you callin' a HOO?

Who dat you callin' a HOO? G'mornin to ya.

Troubled1
Troubled1 02/11/10 - 07:34 am
you are right there cbbp, how

you are right there cbbp, how could i forget something that important?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/11/10 - 07:38 am
Calm down, Petey, you know

Calm down, Petey, you know you can't make any money like that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 07:46 am
I think Rick (cartoon guy)

I think Rick (cartoon guy) has a great sense of humor..I betcha most of the guys & gals @ ac probably do...I wonder how many times they are ROFLAO..

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 07:58 am
Thanks for all of the spring

Thanks for all of the spring flowers...(you know who)...Can't wait for April to come.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 08:20 am
A man in Lilburn Ga. attacked

A man in Lilburn Ga. attacked 29 flat screen tvs with a metal baseball bat.. Now who says GOBs aren't stressed out...also Google may have their own ultrafast internet service in the near future..cox enterprises will be keeping a close eye on that..Yeh,, I bet they will..

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/11/10 - 08:20 am
Mornin folks.

Mornin folks.

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 02/11/10 - 08:29 am
Very true Cristin, if they

Very true Cristin, if they are going to ask the teachers to raise their kids then they need to allow them to discipline them too. Apparently it doesnt happen at home. Manners and respect are a thing of the past that most of todays youth will never know. It's sad, America used to be such a nice place.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 08:34 am
AYE,,, Cobalt is lost this

AYE,,, Cobalt is lost this am...he is on the other (wed) r&r giving us a good am.. hope we can locate him today..so he won't wander all over these posts loking for us..(just kidding cg)

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/11/10 - 08:37 am
Well, the only rants and

Well, the only rants and raves you can count on being here every morning is yesterdays so I cannot find fault with his methodology. '-)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/10 - 08:40 am
I'saa witchas uall , I says

I'saa witchas uall , I says again, A Happy and Good Gobal Warming morning to me also you All.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 08:40 am
That's true AYE... wonder why

That's true AYE... wonder why that is?? ac wanta tell us..

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/11/10 - 08:40 am
Unbelievable says: "Manners

Unbelievable says: "Manners and respect are a thing of the past that most of todays youth will never know."

Manners and respect are a foreign language. You've heard our kids speak, you've seen them write posts, they cannot use English, let alone learn another tongue.

willienelson
willienelson 02/11/10 - 08:41 am
Offer every kid a free

Offer every kid a free education but implement the 3 strikes rule. Decide which violations are strikes and stick to it. Once they strike out, there are plenty of schools for hire for most any child. If not, there will be.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/10 - 08:43 am
Thank goodness CG..U found

Thank goodness CG..U found us!!! Wish I could stay today...but need fixin.. gob sez I need alot of "fixin"..soooo catch U later...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/10 - 08:52 am
seenitB4 He isn't wearing

seenitB4 He isn't wearing his T-shirt, is he.......?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/10 - 09:09 am
Many of you already know

Many of you already know about this but will post anyway.

Subject: TRAFFIC ADVISORY - REMINDER: Gate 1 Construction and Lane Restrictions Begin 11 Feb 2010 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Ladies and gentlemen,

All personnel are reminded that Gate 1 construction and traffic pattern
changes will begin on 11 Feb 2010. The Gate 1 construction precautions
and traffic pattern highlights follow:

1. Construction period will run from 11 Feb thru 30 May (T) 2010.

2. The current inbound lanes will be closed for the duration of the
construction period, beginning approximately 2500 feet from Gordon
Highway

3. All Gate 1 inbound traffic will transition to outbound lane(s) at a
point approximately 2000 feet from the intersection of Gordon Highway
and Jimmy Dyess Parkway.

4. Traffic flow will be inbound only from 0500-0900, Mon-Fri. Drivers
attempting to exit via Gate 1 during this time period will be stopped or
turned around at the intersection of Chamberlain Ave and Fisher House
Road All other times will be two-way. Gate 1 will remain open 24/7.

5. Vehicles will not be permitted to enter the Gate 1 Shoppette during
inbound only traffic flow from 0530-0830.

6. Speed limits in the construction zone will be reduced and strictly
enforced.

Questions pertaining to the construction and traffic pattern changes
should be addressed to the Installation Director of Emergency Services,
MAJ Nutter,
706-791-4397 or Mr James Wilson, 706-791-6124.

Tim Wilson
Retirement Services Officer/
Transition Center Chief
Akima Infrastructure Services,LLC
Darling Hall, Room 237
Fort Gordon, GA 30905
Phone: 706-791-2654 DSN: 780-2654
Fax: 706-791-5246
tim.a.wilson@us.army.mil
Please let us know how we are doing at https://ice.disa.mil
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

WW1949
WW1949 02/11/10 - 09:14 am
North Augusta is cleaner

North Augusta is cleaner because the population is smaller which would be alot smaller if they were not close to Augusta with the jobs. They also do not have the same amount of people living on the government plantation which makes the education level higher which in turn brings pride in their surroundings. There is a book by Star Parker called Uncle Sam's Plantation. Check it out. It explains the present situation better than any have been able to do.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/11/10 - 09:18 am
My sincere thanks CeeG. That

My sincere thanks CeeG. That is vital information I've been looking for.

obx2019
obx2019 02/11/10 - 10:50 am
Off subject, so send me a

Off subject, so send me a reprimand!
Dear Heroes,
I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all you do for our country! Your dedication to our country is above and beyond, and we need more people like you. You should feel proud of yourself, and know that I am proud of you. Thank you for protecting my freedom! You are the pride of our country and we all are very thankful for your service. Stay strong and remember we all support and honor you. Be safe and come back soon.
OBX

(That is for all military, former and currently serving)

fishman960