Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I think the Morris Museum of Art should buy the vacant golf gardens property on Reynolds Street. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a nice three- or four-story art museum overlooking the pristine Savannah River? I'm quite sure the North Augusta residents along Shoreline Drive would rather look at a beautiful museum than to have to listen to the noise of a ballpark.

Come on, Deke. Go by and look at the baseball facility at Lake Olmstead. It's got grass and soil from the Augusta National. The facility is paid for and absolutely gorgeous.

If the Richmond County Sheriff's Office would get the ones selling the hot guns - and believe me they know who they are - there wouldn't be so many kids killed. These kids aren't going to a store and buying a gun, because most of them are too young. To me, the people who are selling the hot guns and other hot stuff are just as guilty as the ones pulling the trigger.

Incongruous bumper stickers: Car one, an "Obama '08" sticker and a "Retired Army" sticker. Doesn't this person remember the devastation done to our military by Jimmy Peanut, Slick Willie and Sen. Obama? Car two, "Obama '08" and "You can have my pistol when you pry my cold dead fingers from it." Doesn't this person know that Obama and his friends (Biden, Clinton, Reid and Pelosi) are attempting to eliminate our Second Amendment right to own a gun?

Based on the hoopla surrounding the Tim Tebow Super Bowl commercial, apparently the only choice that is supported by the pro-choice group is one that ends the life of an unborn child. Some choice.

OK, I am all for a free dialogue, but almost 500 online posts on your site, and most of them private conversations between a handful of posters. I suggest a daily limit; I don't have time for so much childish self-indulgence.

Rave to both candidates in the District 22 runoff. Stuck to the issues and avoided personal attacks. Hope other people running for office see how a race should be run.

A rant to Rep. Ben Harbin for voting "no" this week to automatically give the step pay increase for teachers earning leadership degrees. You want us to teach our children, continue our education, obtain a higher degree, miss the time with our families, work way over 40 hours a week and then not receive compensation? I'm glad I don't live in your district because there is nothing worse than angry teachers who have the right to vote, Mr. Harbin.

Rave to Augusta citizens for the "outcry" against downtown parking meters. Your editorial reads: "Good for the public!" Now, to take that same kind of outcry to Atlanta, Columbia and Washington, D.C.

Tell us what you think
RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 02:56 pm
OBX, you have already used

OBX, you have already used that one re:1:52. Keep trying.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:58 pm
RCR why do you put yourself

RCR why do you put yourself in these situations? Well I do follow the Job Reports, very closely, I might add...The unemployment rate fell from 10.0 to 9.7 percent in January, and nonfarm payroll employment was essentially unchanged (-20,000), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment fell in construction and in transportation and warehousing, while temporary help services and retail trade added jobs. In January, the number of unemployed persons decreased to 14.8 million, and the unemployment rate fell by 0.3 percentage point to 9.7 percent. Now for the shocker....THE SOURCE...United States Department Of Labor; Bureau Of Labor Statistics.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:59 pm
Aww OBX: you found the site I

Aww OBX: you found the site I used. I guess that proves your superiority beyond a reasonable doubt. Congrats.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 03:01 pm
Hey webmaster, what about the

Hey webmaster, what about the respectful comments part. I wouldn't urinate on someones headstone, hopefully someone read a dying or deceased person his Miranda Rights. Yeah, that's real respectful commentary.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 03:04 pm
Well you know Aye If they

Well you know Aye If they "trust" and "believe" what Obama tells them why not use a site familiar to them...Sometimes, especially with RCR it is just too easy. Know what I mean?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:06 pm
Posted by: Sean

Posted by: Sean Moores
Monday, Feb. 8 8:11 AM
bettyboop, The harder line we are taking on insults between commneters does not apply to politicians. They know what they're getting into and have to take some hard criticism. Other people who don't agree with you may attribute your criticism to racism. That is their prerogative; they will have to state their opinion without insulting you. If you feel someone is crossing the line, report their comment or send me an email. We may not always agree, but we will definitely look into it.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 03:07 pm
OBX, what situations are you

OBX, what situations are you talking about. Most people who read this site know where you guys stand.They know you can't stand having an African American in the White House. They know you will use every bit of negative imformation to bolster your view. It will be the same thing tommorrow and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that....

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 03:09 pm
Here is another tidbit for

Here is another tidbit for you RCR....Among the marginally attached, there were 1.1 million discouraged workers in January, up from 734,000 a year earlier. Discouraged workers are persons not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The remaining 1.5 million people marginally attached to the labor force had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey for reasons such as school attendance or family responsibilities. "Same source as previously posted"

happychimer
happychimer 02/09/10 - 03:10 pm
RCR when anyone posts such

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:13 pm
"Everyone knows where you

"Everyone knows where you guys stand".

Let me remove all doubt as to "where I stand":
I support the non violent, legal overthrow of the current US government. Save not one incumbent, not a GOP, not a DEM. Throw each and every one out of office with the power of the vote.

I don't care about Barry's alleged racial composition. It's a non issue.

Now, quit assuming because you needn't any help in making an DEM party symbol of yourself.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 03:13 pm
The situations I am referring

The situations I am referring to are the "absurd" post you make claiming to be fact. You on the other hand turnEVERYTHING you post into a RACE topic which it is not.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:19 pm
Happychimer sez: RCR when

Happychimer sez: RCR when anyone posts such trash as making fun of the dead, and joking about what God thinks about a dead person, it just makes me just pass over their comments.

That is a very adult way to deal with it. I do the same.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 03:14 pm
Ahh but Chimer you read

Ahh but Chimer you read them...Am I correct? Or did someone tell you what they said?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 03:15 pm
It think Sean, you are going

It think Sean, you are going to have to make sure (black) is filtered from all words in the AC and all post to insure the Race Card is not played. As a matter of fact any color use to describe anything should also be filtered. What do think?

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 03:16 pm
Aye, "making an DEM party

Aye, "making an DEM party symbol of yourself." Very nice...I laughed out loud....

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 03:17 pm
Well fellas, I have some

Well fellas, I have some errands to run. Try to behave yourself, then maybe some other will offer an opinion. Peace!!!!

happychimer
happychimer 02/09/10 - 03:19 pm
obx I read the post till I

obx I read the post till I see what the comment is about, then decide to read the rest or not.

happychimer
happychimer 02/09/10 - 03:20 pm
Bye for now RCR.

Bye for now RCR.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 03:21 pm
Chimer very educated stance I

Chimer very educated stance I might add...

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:21 pm
We love opinions roun heah.

We love opinions roun heah. We despise those who would attempt to present their opinion as fact. We despise those who would respond to factual rebuttal with supported facts by changing the subject, claiming race, never manning up .

Of course, I'm referring to no ONE particular poster here....

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/09/10 - 03:27 pm
I'm still laughing at "I

I'm still laughing at "I don't know much of anything about him, but you shouldn't make fun of him." I don't even need to say anything else, that is better evidence than I could ever come up with.

emergencyfan
emergencyfan 02/09/10 - 03:28 pm
"In January, the number of

"In January, the number of unemployed persons decreased to 14.8 million, and the unemployment rate fell by 0.3 percentage point to 9.7 percent." Did the unemployment numbers drop because more people are actually employed or is it because people been on unemployment so long that they are dropping off the roles as ineligible? Also, wouldn't December/January figures be skewed due to all the "seasonal" help hired for the holidays?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:31 pm
Obx sez: (Posters name

Obx sez: (Posters name removed) why do you put yourself in these situations?

Answer: mas⋅och⋅ism  /ˈmæsəˌkɪzəm, ˈmæz-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mas-uh-kiz-uhm, maz-] Show IPA
–noun 1. Removed for possible violations of the AC terms of service.
2. gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.

Any questions?

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:32 pm
Emergency Fan: I choose B and

Emergency Fan: I choose B and agree with the last line also. Let those with eyes see, let those with ears hear.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 03:38 pm
Just released a warehouse

Just released a warehouse employee who was acting the same way RCR was. Was counseled many times but continue to daily disrupt the other employee's. I just can't wait to see how the unemployment agency will handle this.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:39 pm
George: "Services no longer

George: "Services no longer required" on his separation form?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/09/10 - 03:40 pm
Most of us here who use "we"

Most of us here who use "we" when referring to the military are either veterans or still active. If you never wore the uniform you wouldn't understand if it tried to explain.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 03:42 pm
Ayetidiosi.....In those

Ayetidiosi.....In those words!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 03:43 pm
Petey, your 2.27 post is spot

Petey, your 2.27 post is spot on.

If people choose to comment on subjects upon which they are ignorant, they're going to get called out. I try to avoid commenting upon subjects which I have zero knowledge, and those topics are many.

CobaltGeorge