Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I think the Morris Museum of Art should buy the vacant golf gardens property on Reynolds Street. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a nice three- or four-story art museum overlooking the pristine Savannah River? I'm quite sure the North Augusta residents along Shoreline Drive would rather look at a beautiful museum than to have to listen to the noise of a ballpark.

Come on, Deke. Go by and look at the baseball facility at Lake Olmstead. It's got grass and soil from the Augusta National. The facility is paid for and absolutely gorgeous.

If the Richmond County Sheriff's Office would get the ones selling the hot guns - and believe me they know who they are - there wouldn't be so many kids killed. These kids aren't going to a store and buying a gun, because most of them are too young. To me, the people who are selling the hot guns and other hot stuff are just as guilty as the ones pulling the trigger.

Incongruous bumper stickers: Car one, an "Obama '08" sticker and a "Retired Army" sticker. Doesn't this person remember the devastation done to our military by Jimmy Peanut, Slick Willie and Sen. Obama? Car two, "Obama '08" and "You can have my pistol when you pry my cold dead fingers from it." Doesn't this person know that Obama and his friends (Biden, Clinton, Reid and Pelosi) are attempting to eliminate our Second Amendment right to own a gun?

Based on the hoopla surrounding the Tim Tebow Super Bowl commercial, apparently the only choice that is supported by the pro-choice group is one that ends the life of an unborn child. Some choice.

OK, I am all for a free dialogue, but almost 500 online posts on your site, and most of them private conversations between a handful of posters. I suggest a daily limit; I don't have time for so much childish self-indulgence.

Rave to both candidates in the District 22 runoff. Stuck to the issues and avoided personal attacks. Hope other people running for office see how a race should be run.

A rant to Rep. Ben Harbin for voting "no" this week to automatically give the step pay increase for teachers earning leadership degrees. You want us to teach our children, continue our education, obtain a higher degree, miss the time with our families, work way over 40 hours a week and then not receive compensation? I'm glad I don't live in your district because there is nothing worse than angry teachers who have the right to vote, Mr. Harbin.

Rave to Augusta citizens for the "outcry" against downtown parking meters. Your editorial reads: "Good for the public!" Now, to take that same kind of outcry to Atlanta, Columbia and Washington, D.C.

Tell us what you think
Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:22 pm
This comment removed by

This comment removed by author because it allows someone to make this thread "all about them".

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/09/10 - 02:23 pm
[This place reserved for next

[This place reserved for next unintentional dupe]Wait, I've got one! "I don't argue politics or religion". Since that gets posted every day for 200 days in a row it must be okay!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 02:18 pm
RCR, Lies, distortions and

RCR, Lies, distortions and fears are the mantra of your politics. OK, if you say so, I just hope in the end you will be able to live with yours. No more flaming.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/09/10 - 02:18 pm
Beam up up, Scotty.

Beam up up, Scotty. Unbelievable in here today. I'll be watchin but not participating until somebody can reach my intellectual threshold of interest and I disagree with them. I'm not an outspoken cheerleader for those who are telling the truth. The ones making baseless statements and whines don't interest me at all. The world needs hairdressers and ditch diggers too.

fishman960
fishman960 02/09/10 - 02:20 pm
Don't forget the sanitation

Don't forget the sanitation engineers Petey. Someone has to handle the trash.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:19 pm
I have run Cobalts post

I have run Cobalts post through the BS detector and I only received a full tick in the meter at the typing of Rev. Wright's name. Then again with as much BS as the "good" Rev. spews it could just be a fallout effect.

happychimer
happychimer 02/09/10 - 02:23 pm
The congressman who died was

The congressman who died was a Vietnam Veteran, Where are the praises and thanks for his service to our country? I guess it is not here because he was not a republican.I say together we stand and divided we fall.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 02:26 pm
Calm down Aye, I'm never

Calm down Aye, I'm never going to buy your beliefs.Give us the site for your imfo.Cobalt, the fact that you mention the race of the president and AG tells much about you way of thinking. Thanks for telling the REAL TRUTH.I guess you're inferring a white like Ashcroft would be better, got it.These appointments are being blocked for political purposes and only perpetuate gridlock. The only thing folks like you can focus on is negativity. If this is all you believe about this country, you must be an unhappy person. Just look everyone, you see how rightwingers go postal when someone on the president's side post their view. Now just sit back and laugh, watch all the outrageous commentary come forth.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:25 pm
Petey did give a post about

Petey did give a post about him yesterday I do believe Chimer.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/09/10 - 02:29 pm
Congressman/Colonel Murtha

Congressman/Colonel Murtha was a TRAITOR who turned his back on his own Marine Corps and accused/publicly convicted fellow Marines of cowardly wartime actions and capital crimes before they went to trial and were proven innocent. He doesn't even deserve the trumpet taps tape recording and the waste of 21 rounds at his overdue funeral. I don't know who is going to do his honor guard, I doubt they can find eight from the USMC to do it.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:26 pm
Seenit Sez: AYE,, I agree

Seenit Sez: AYE,, I agree Clinton worked with the GOP to manage our economy & did a good job.. But I would be willing to bet that U didn't vote for Clinton..just a statement U don't have to answer...

You'd lose that bet. "Read my lips, no new taxes" was why I didn't vote for Bush 1 in 1992.

I'm interested to know why you would assume such a thing? I detest GOP equally as much as the DEM, and I'm no longer a minority in this opinion.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 02:29 pm
Petey did give a post about

Petey did give a post about him yesterday, and a good one!

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:29 pm
RCR do not ask for sources

RCR do not ask for sources from others when you yourself won't comply! Although I am sure they will give them to you. You on the other hand cannot site the source of your 12:26 post because there isn't one.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 02:30 pm
Petey just reinstated it

Petey just reinstated it again. Thanks

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:33 pm
Calm down Aye, I'm never

Calm down Aye, I'm never going to by your beliefs.Give us the site for your imfo. been there, done that, find it yourself. You can do that, can't you? Cobalt, the fact that you mention the race of the president and AG tells much about you way of thinking. Thanks for telling the REAL TRUTH.I guess you're inferring a white like Ashcroft would be better, got it. RACE CARD! Cobalt only spoke factually.These appointments are being blocked for political purposes and only perpetuate gridlock. Tax cheating is political purposes????? The only thing folks like you can focus on is negativity. If this is all you believe about this country, you must be an unhappy person. people don't try to fix things that are positive, except Boy King Barry's attempted annexation of health care. Just look everyone, you see how rightwingers go postal when someone on the president's side post their view. Now just sit back and laugh, watch all the outrageous commentary come forth. Posting facts which contradict your lies is hardly "going postal". It rarely takes more than a minute of time, yet you refuse to do so for yourself. .
King Barry is leader of the losers. 27% of America follow the loser with blind support. 44% Strongly disapprove of his policies. America has won, you have lost, get over it.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:32 pm
Yes I saw it and It was/is a

Yes I saw it and It was/is a good one. I am wondering if that is what Chimer was looking for? Something tells me no....

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:35 pm
So, what were we discussing

So, what were we discussing before the lemming showed up?

happychimer
happychimer 02/09/10 - 02:39 pm
I don't know very much at all

I don't know very much at all about the congressman who died, but I certainly am not going to "praise the Lord" because he died.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/09/10 - 02:41 pm
I've said my piece, Murtha

I've said my piece, Murtha broke the Code of Honor and Code of The Corps. I wouldn't urinate on his headstone for fear that flowers might grow.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:44 pm
Aye, I believe CBBP was going

Aye, I believe CBBP was going to have handrails installed because his butt was being overloaded and OSHA put forth a mandate. Pommom stated that RCR was in rare form yesterday...I looked back and it was just his same 'ole same 'ole race baiting and lies. Other than that it was peaceful before the "lemming" showed up. I think Cobalt was "moderating" the R&R section quite well.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:45 pm
Thanks obx... did you get to

Thanks obx... did you get to read the "all lyrics" homage to you the other day?

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:46 pm
No I missed it...Where is it?

No I missed it...Where is it?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 02:48 pm
OBX, if you have been

OBX, if you have been following the market and the jobs reports you would have the answers. Aye, guys like you are hopeless. Cobalt played the race card, but it's only the race card when a black mention it. Where does Reverend Wright fit into this conversation? The fact that you can't even address the president in a proper manner, just shows the kind of attitudes that has nearly shut down this site. If your life ain't right, get off your keyster and make it better. Smart people prosper regardless of who's in the White House. I working to create enough income so my family and myself don't have to participate in a reccession.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 02:47 pm
I wonder if Murtha was read

I wonder if Murtha was read his Miranda Rights before he left to meet his maker?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 02:48 pm
Sorry Aye if I misread

Sorry Aye if I misread you...Some rep. wouldn't ever admit they voted dem.. & petey I think most of us can match you in intelligence..GOB sez if I don't get off of this posting I might be looking for another GOB!! bye

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 02:49 pm
I also wonder if his maker is

I also wonder if his maker is going to treat him as a terrorist or an American citizen?

disssman
disssman 02/09/10 - 02:50 pm
SUZYQ whats more amazing is

SUZYQ whats more amazing is the fact if he loces weapons sooo much, why dosen't he visit a recruiter? The answer is obvious, he loves war, just dosen't want to participate. But he like all CONS continually uses the word "we" when refering to the military.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 02:52 pm
RCR Please please please fix

RCR Please please please fix the grammatical and spelling errors in your post. If you don't see them just ask and I am sure there are multiple people on here who can help you.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 02:52 pm
See what I mean folks, read

See what I mean folks, read Cobalt George's 1:47 post and Petey Aitchess 1:41. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 02:54 pm
Obx: on the RNR the day

Obx: on the RNR the day following your day of lyric posts... please excuse my failing memory, old phart syndrome.

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.