Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I think the Morris Museum of Art should buy the vacant golf gardens property on Reynolds Street. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a nice three- or four-story art museum overlooking the pristine Savannah River? I'm quite sure the North Augusta residents along Shoreline Drive would rather look at a beautiful museum than to have to listen to the noise of a ballpark.

Come on, Deke. Go by and look at the baseball facility at Lake Olmstead. It's got grass and soil from the Augusta National. The facility is paid for and absolutely gorgeous.

If the Richmond County Sheriff's Office would get the ones selling the hot guns - and believe me they know who they are - there wouldn't be so many kids killed. These kids aren't going to a store and buying a gun, because most of them are too young. To me, the people who are selling the hot guns and other hot stuff are just as guilty as the ones pulling the trigger.

Incongruous bumper stickers: Car one, an "Obama '08" sticker and a "Retired Army" sticker. Doesn't this person remember the devastation done to our military by Jimmy Peanut, Slick Willie and Sen. Obama? Car two, "Obama '08" and "You can have my pistol when you pry my cold dead fingers from it." Doesn't this person know that Obama and his friends (Biden, Clinton, Reid and Pelosi) are attempting to eliminate our Second Amendment right to own a gun?

Based on the hoopla surrounding the Tim Tebow Super Bowl commercial, apparently the only choice that is supported by the pro-choice group is one that ends the life of an unborn child. Some choice.

OK, I am all for a free dialogue, but almost 500 online posts on your site, and most of them private conversations between a handful of posters. I suggest a daily limit; I don't have time for so much childish self-indulgence.

Rave to both candidates in the District 22 runoff. Stuck to the issues and avoided personal attacks. Hope other people running for office see how a race should be run.

A rant to Rep. Ben Harbin for voting "no" this week to automatically give the step pay increase for teachers earning leadership degrees. You want us to teach our children, continue our education, obtain a higher degree, miss the time with our families, work way over 40 hours a week and then not receive compensation? I'm glad I don't live in your district because there is nothing worse than angry teachers who have the right to vote, Mr. Harbin.

Rave to Augusta citizens for the "outcry" against downtown parking meters. Your editorial reads: "Good for the public!" Now, to take that same kind of outcry to Atlanta, Columbia and Washington, D.C.

Tell us what you think
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/09/10 - 11:52 am
My boss wanted to add two

My boss wanted to add two more tasks to my workload, but I told him OSHA wouldn't approve of it. I have so many people riding my rear end now that OSHA wants me to install handrails and safety harnesses!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/09/10 - 11:54 am
seenit, you mean to tell me

seenit, you mean to tell me that the Mulletwrapper Gazette does not have all the news that's fit to report?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 11:58 am
Cobalt, you're right the

Cobalt, you're right the Obama supporters and Democrats have moved on. The Chronicle's continued attacks on our president has definitely hit them in the wallet. These subscribers and posters have gotten tired of the so called superior right wing philosophy. I even get calls from them to renew my subscription and I politely say" NO Thanks". I have personally seen the Chronicle pass over my R&R posts, while they continue cherrypicking rightwinged posts. We have computers and cable and can get our news from multiple souces.Not that we need someone to say what we want to hear, we just don't want their right wing policies shoved down our throats. I still support my president, his policies and look forward to exercising my voting rights in November.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:01 pm
THe mullet wrapper is good

THe mullet wrapper is good but we have to be open for all kinds of news from many sources...books..papers..tv...radio..droids.. gotta go, catch U later funny folks...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:04 pm
RCR & why do U still post on

RCR & why do U still post on this AWFUL paper??? U know U are addicted to us ,, so just admit it.. haha

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/09/10 - 12:05 pm
Can anyone tell me the

Can anyone tell me the advantages of fishing with an empty hook?

happychimer
19392
happychimer 02/09/10 - 12:09 pm
Good afternoon everyone. RCR

Good afternoon everyone. RCR I also get calls asking me to subscribe to the paper, and I say no. I like this new format, because I can avoid the political mess most of the time. Politics and religion are 2 subject I will not argue, because arguing won't change a thing.

fishman960
fishman960 02/09/10 - 12:20 pm
Arguing is good when it is

Arguing is good when it is done in a constructive manner. When it becomes personal then it starts to go downhill...

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 12:26 pm
SeenitB4, I come on here

SeenitB4, I come on here maybe once or twice a week. Sometimes I'm working or busy with other matters, but I check out other news sources. The Chronicle has it's rules of the road, but they violate them with their own editorials. And much of what's in them are out and out falsehoods.They say the president is destroying the economy, but the forgot the mention the markets are up over 3,000 points, the housing crisis has bottomed out, because of the tax incentive, the automakers are hiring because of the Cash for Clunker, the job losses has come down to 20,000, instead of 600,000 and so forth.Sometime I wonder what planet are you guys living on. Hi Happychimer!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:36 pm
R&R,, GOB isn't ready so I'm

R&R,, GOB isn't ready so I'm still here,,, I have said on here b4 &I'll say it again... Our downfall in the economy didn't start with O. We have been sliding down for a looong time.. When jobs left here for other places,, when greedy folks got theirs & forgot others,, when welfare & unemployment doubled,, all of these things & more..Read the book "It could happen here" he says it all.. I know some of my Rep. friends on here will say that it is lib. hogwash but it isn't.. My head bobbles in more than 1 direction...wish we had another political party,, more middle of the road..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 12:38 pm
RCR, The daily want to make

RCR, The daily want to make comments on issues of shooting, killings, rape, robbery, inferior education, Augusta/Richmond corruption ect., is just getting old. If it rain everyday you just get use to it. I would rather see Headlines like, "Congress just passed a bill banning all weapons in the US", "obama has made all illegal immigrants legal and will provide them with all subsidies available", "obama now feels the US is completely secure and will reduce the Armed services by 90% and let local police handle problems", "Being this a Muslin nation, all Christians must convert within a year", "No citizen in the US will be able to have any assets greater the $100,000 until all citizen have reached that level" "FOX news has be closed down, do to lies". I think AC might just become profitable, at lease to the $100,000 level.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 12:43 pm
SeenitB4 sez: Our downfall

SeenitB4 sez: Our downfall in the economy didn't start with O. We have been sliding down for a looong time..

It began 7-2-64 with a badly needed law that has been bastardized by the ACLU.

That's all I got to say about that.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:46 pm
AYE Would U expand on that

AYE Would U expand on that please... 7-2-64..I'm not in love with ACLU..

fishman960
fishman960 02/09/10 - 12:45 pm
RCR, those points you state

RCR, those points you state make me laugh! Really.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 01:06 pm
RCR the acerbity of your

RCR the acerbity of your posts is tiresome. I would like for you to post the source of the so-called facts you posted @ 12:26. Give us the numbers and where you found them. I can blow your whole 12:26 asinine post out of the water and then have everyone asking YOU the question you asked of seenit. That would be "What planet are YOU living on?" We will be waiting.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 12:57 pm
They say the president is

They say the president is destroying the economy, but the forgot the mention the markets are up over 3,000 points, the dow jones was @ 9635 the day Boy King Barry was elected. Today, it's 10079, hardly any change. the housing crisis has bottomed out, because of the tax incentive Nope, only 65,000 homeowners have been able to jump through the hoops to get King Barry's mortgage modifications out of the 4 MILLION King Barry claimed would benefit. REALTYTRAC® YEAR-END REPORT SHOWS RECORD 2.8 MILLION U.S. PROPERTIES WITH FORECLOSURE FILINGS IN 2009 the automakers are hiring because of the Cash for Clunker, Domestic automakers usually account for about 47% of all cars and trucks sold in the U.S, according to data from J.D. Power and Assoc. But they sold just 38.5% of vehicles in the Clunkers program the job losses has come down to 20,000, instead of 600,000 and so forth. In January, the number of persons unemployed due to job loss decreased by 378,000 to 9.3 million.
Nearly all of this decline occurred among permanent job losers.
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) continued to trend up in January, reaching 6.3 million. Since the start of the recession in December 2007, the number of longterm
unemployed has risen by 5.0 million.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 01:01 pm
AYE,,, Was the economy

AYE,,, Was the economy tanking b4 O took office?? Yes or no.. My statement was true,it was & U know it was.. For all kinds of reasons,,Stupid decisions from ALL Pres. in the last 15 years. (or congress )

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 12:58 pm
Sorry OBX, I didn't know you

Sorry OBX, I didn't know you were going to do it, so I did.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 01:00 pm
Seenit: I was agreeing with

Seenit: I was agreeing with you. No expansion forthcoming from that post.

obx2019
obx2019 02/09/10 - 01:03 pm
No problem Ayetidiosi...Very

No problem Ayetidiosi...Very well done and that should take care of RCR for a few more days.What planet are you now living on RCR?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 01:02 pm
Let recap 2009 and get ready

Let recap 2009 and get ready for 2010: (Documented FACTS)

1. The American people elect a black president with a total of 142 days experience as a US Senator from the most politically corrupt state (city) in America whose governors have been ousted from office. The President's first official act is to order the close of Gitmo and make sure terrorists civil rights are not violated.
(honest mistake?)

2. The U.S. Congress rushes to confirm a black Attorney General, Eric Holder, whose law firm we later find out represents seventeen Gitmo Terrorists.
(An honest mistake?!)

3. The CIA Boss appointee, Leon Panetta, has absolutely no experience, has a daughter Linda, we find out, who is a true radical anti-American activist and a supporter of all the Anti-American regimes in the western hemisphere. (There were socio-economic factors involved!)

4. We got the second most corrupt American woman (Pelosi is #1) as Secretary of State; bought and paid for. (You can put lipstick on a pig, but it still stinks!)

5. We got a Tax Cheat for Treasury Secretary who did not properly file his own taxes for 12 years.
(He misspoke!)

6. A Commerce Secretary nominee who withdrew due to corruption charges.
(Another honest mistake???)

7. A Tax cheat nominee for Chief Performance Officer who withdrew under charges.
(Hmmm... another screw-up?)

8. A Labor Secretary nominee who withdrew under charges of unethical conduct.
(Ok, maybe this person was just plain stupid.)

9. A Secretary HHS nominee (Daschle) who withdrew under charges of cheating on his taxes.
(I'm running out of excuses for these idiots!!)

10. Multiple appointments of former lobbyists after an absolute campaign statement that no lobbyists would be appointed.
(Dear God, I am getting a headache!)

All this occurred just during the first three weeks. . . but who's counting?

America is being run by the modern-day Three Stooges ; Barry, Nancy and Harry and they are still trying to define stimulus..."it's spending!!!"

The congress passes the $800,000,000,000 (that's $800 billion) pork-loaded spending bill where the government gives you a smidgen of your tax dollars ($13 per week), making you feel so good about yourself [stimulated], that you want to run out to Wal-Mart and buy a new Chinese-made HDTV and go home and watch Telemundo!

Only with the Liberals...

Pray for our country.

Here's the good news though - Obama took Air Force One to Denver to sign the stimulus package, wasting as much as 10,000 gallons of fuel OR 24 JOBS FOR ONE YEAR.

Don't you just love hypocrites?

Speaking of praying, Obama has now been president for thirteen months and yet he & wife (first lady) Michelle, the Christian family they claim to be, have not attended church since the inauguration.

He must miss Reverend Wright!

In these times 'I'll keep my God, my freedom, my gun and my money.

Anyone that supports this insanity can keep "THE CHANGE". When you are down in the dumps and think you have real PROBLEMS, just remember: SOMEWHERE IN THIS WORLD, THERE IS A "MR." PELOSI.....

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 01:05 pm
SeenitB4 sez Stupid decisions

SeenitB4 sez Stupid decisions from ALL Pres. in the last 15 years. (or congress )

I will disagree with that. William Jefferson Clinton worked with the GOP to brilliantly manage our domestic economy.

When you're assigning blame for our economic situation, I prefer to look past the POTUS to the Congress, for they are the spenders and the lawmakers, the POTUS is the signatory of their actions. DEM's held the house and senate for over 40 years... I lay it at the feet of the Senate and House.

usafvet
usafvet 02/09/10 - 01:05 pm
Cobalt, it sounds as if you

Cobalt, it sounds as if you are trying to win rcr over. Sounds like headlines designed for his liking. As for me, I am proud to be a conservative. My sister-in-law once asked me if i was always republican to which I replied "no". She then asked when I stopped voting democrat. I was pleased to tell her that it was when I became smarter. I also informed her of my affinity for those things that I WORKED for. I do not like socialism. I do not like radical muslims. And for those same reasons, I do not like most democrats, especially their token leader.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/09/10 - 01:07 pm
Cobalt, no where in president

Cobalt, no where in president Obama's comments or policies have he even mentioned the second amendment. Chicago and some major cities have sought to curb some weapons to cut some of the violence. The illegal stuff is more fearmongering, and has never been proposed. And the president say let's reduce the armed forces by ninety percent, WOW. Cobalt, you see part of the problem is thinking like that. If you really believe that mumbo jumbo, then I'm wasting my time. Fishman, you should be laughing at Cobalt George, because he, like you, are living on another planet. Lies, distortions and fears are the mantra of your politics.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 01:08 pm
usafvet, I pray to God that I

usafvet, I pray to God that I will never see Headlines like that.

whyme
2070
whyme 02/09/10 - 01:09 pm
I'm still baffled as to why

I'm still baffled as to why there is such a push to get a big stadium downtown. Is it the "if we build it, they will come" mentality? People don't hardly attend the games at the stadium we have now, and it surely has nothing to do with the location (relatively safe) and design (new upgrades, looks great). Please assure me tho that future teams/sports activities won't be named in a golfing fashion (Green Jackets, Lynx), a sport that is exclusive to many who want to attend.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/09/10 - 01:11 pm
The US Department of Mumbo

The US Department of Mumbo Jumbo has certified Cobalt George's 1.02 post as "Mumbo Jumbo Free" up to the Reverend Wright Comment.

The truth is a weapon of equal opportunity. There was no untruths in that post up to the point noted.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 01:12 pm
AYE,, I agree Clinton worked

AYE,, I agree Clinton worked with the GOP to manage our economy & did a good job.. But I would be willing to bet that U didn't vote for Clinton..just a statement U don't have to answer...

fishman960
fishman960 02/09/10 - 01:13 pm
RCR, I laugh at you because

RCR, I laugh at you because you actually believe those things. Awww man, could I argue with you.