Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I think the Morris Museum of Art should buy the vacant golf gardens property on Reynolds Street. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a nice three- or four-story art museum overlooking the pristine Savannah River? I'm quite sure the North Augusta residents along Shoreline Drive would rather look at a beautiful museum than to have to listen to the noise of a ballpark.

Come on, Deke. Go by and look at the baseball facility at Lake Olmstead. It's got grass and soil from the Augusta National. The facility is paid for and absolutely gorgeous.

If the Richmond County Sheriff's Office would get the ones selling the hot guns - and believe me they know who they are - there wouldn't be so many kids killed. These kids aren't going to a store and buying a gun, because most of them are too young. To me, the people who are selling the hot guns and other hot stuff are just as guilty as the ones pulling the trigger.

Incongruous bumper stickers: Car one, an "Obama '08" sticker and a "Retired Army" sticker. Doesn't this person remember the devastation done to our military by Jimmy Peanut, Slick Willie and Sen. Obama? Car two, "Obama '08" and "You can have my pistol when you pry my cold dead fingers from it." Doesn't this person know that Obama and his friends (Biden, Clinton, Reid and Pelosi) are attempting to eliminate our Second Amendment right to own a gun?

Based on the hoopla surrounding the Tim Tebow Super Bowl commercial, apparently the only choice that is supported by the pro-choice group is one that ends the life of an unborn child. Some choice.

OK, I am all for a free dialogue, but almost 500 online posts on your site, and most of them private conversations between a handful of posters. I suggest a daily limit; I don't have time for so much childish self-indulgence.

Rave to both candidates in the District 22 runoff. Stuck to the issues and avoided personal attacks. Hope other people running for office see how a race should be run.

A rant to Rep. Ben Harbin for voting "no" this week to automatically give the step pay increase for teachers earning leadership degrees. You want us to teach our children, continue our education, obtain a higher degree, miss the time with our families, work way over 40 hours a week and then not receive compensation? I'm glad I don't live in your district because there is nothing worse than angry teachers who have the right to vote, Mr. Harbin.

Rave to Augusta citizens for the "outcry" against downtown parking meters. Your editorial reads: "Good for the public!" Now, to take that same kind of outcry to Atlanta, Columbia and Washington, D.C.

Tell us what you think
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 10:53 am
seenitB4, A spring flower for

seenitB4, A spring flower for you, and I always wave but the problem is I have a few paralyzed fingers.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/09/10 - 10:54 am
Aliyah
Aliyah 02/09/10 - 10:57 am
Augusta is a dead

Augusta is a dead city.Without a vision the people parrish.Without a vision Augusta cannot go forward.Augusta is more than lanywalker it is one of the largest is Georgia,But the crybabies have caused us to stop growing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 11:01 am
workedforit, No PC on that

workedforit, No PC on that one................

dani
dani 02/09/10 - 11:07 am
also: "There is a billboard

also: "There is a billboard along I-35 near Wyoming, Minn., with a huge photo of former president George W. Bush and this question: "Miss Me Yet?"

Now, the push is on to find out who paid to have it put up"
....It was you guys, right?

dani
dani 02/09/10 - 11:11 am
Sorry just..I tried and it

Sorry just..I tried and it didn'
t work.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 11:14 am
Have you all noticed the AC

Have you all noticed the AC articles, editorials, Headlines and even in the R&R that obama and his crew issues have diminished considerably in the past week, I wonder why. Mostly local things.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 11:17 am
Dani 1007am,,, Now U don't

Dani 1007am,,, Now U don't really think these red-blooded all American Good Ole Boys would do something like that do U?? haha

crackerjack
crackerjack 02/09/10 - 11:18 am
John Murtha shouldn't have

John Murtha shouldn't have used G.W.'s doctors. Remember, it's all Bush's fault.

Irish
Irish 02/09/10 - 11:26 am
Willie ! are you reminiscent

Willie ! are you reminiscent of Goldwater ?

Irish
Irish 02/09/10 - 11:27 am
Cobalt could it be because

Cobalt could it be because washington is closed due to the "global warming crisis" that surrounds the city ?

Irish
Irish 02/09/10 - 11:30 am
Is Al Gore snowed in

Is Al Gore snowed in somewhere and unable to make a speech on Global warming ? Another example of the GLobal warming hoax came out yesterday.....phoney reports and opinions used as facts to win the nobel peace prize. No Wonder the boy president got one for doing nothing

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 11:34 am
Irish, I done heard a rumor

Irish, I done heard a rumor the the only ones working in the W.H. were the GOP and the liberals were out shoving snow.

usafvet
usafvet 02/09/10 - 11:35 am
Willie Nelson, your post

Willie Nelson, your post almost brings tears If Goldwater had won over LBJ, this country would have taken a much better road. Absence of so many of his and lady Bird's great society programs that created so much dependency. It was a real "Robin Hood" move to take from those of us who work and give to those who are too sorry to work. It fueled the sit on your can, have illegitimate children, wait on the next entitlement check mentality. However, the greater change would have been the way the Vietnam war was executed. Johnson played it just as our weak leadership is handling our present situation. Sadly too many servicemen paid the price. GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, AND OUR VETERANS.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 11:38 am
usafvet Ho Raaaaaah!

usafvet Ho Raaaaaah!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 11:41 am
LISTEN UP,LISTEN UP,,,Dennys

LISTEN UP,LISTEN UP,,,Dennys is giving away a free breakfast today from 6am-2pm...some are knocking this because of the (fat content),, I say for all youse guys looking for food in all the wrong places,,now's your chance... Get a freebie..

Seashells
Seashells 02/09/10 - 11:49 am
i love

i love this...............

ColdBeerBoiledPeanutsTuesday, Feb. 9 8:55 AMnew ReportThe good thing about cash for clunkers is it took thousands of Obama bumper stickers off the road!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/09/10 - 12:08 pm

Thank you, Thank You very much, I'm here all week!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:18 pm
And we thank U "Elvis" I mean

And we thank U "Elvis" I mean coldbeer..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 12:21 pm
Money day in the stock

Money day in the stock market..today!

RoadKing09
RoadKing09 02/09/10 - 12:23 pm
If you rock back on a dog's

If you rock back on a dog's tail he will holler. #6's rant worked

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:24 pm
In the Atl. paper

In the Atl. paper today....Asian-Am. citizens activists are offended that MARTA renamed a train line the "yellow line"they want this changed.. Doesn't matter how much $$$ has already been spent on signs & etc. Soo here we go again..Let's be honest here...WE WILL OFFEND SOME1 DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WE DO,,We have got to stop this nonesense of pc for everybody,, or just sit on our hands & GET NOTHING DONE..most rail lines are named for colors,, red,, green,, blue & etc..We have lost our minds...I see another martini day for me...

RoadKing09
RoadKing09 02/09/10 - 12:26 pm
RIGHT, PETEY?

RIGHT, PETEY?

pommom38
pommom38 02/09/10 - 12:26 pm
CG, you aren't actually

CG, you aren't actually missing all that are you?? lol
I hope not, it has been a refreshing thing since it all disappeared!!
How is everyone this fine day?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 12:45 pm
I guess citizens classified a

I guess citizens classified a "Red" didn't win that one. Maybe the 10 or 15 Asian-Am will win this one. 1% of the 100% of Americans have won on many other issues that hurt their feeling............

SuzyQ
SuzyQ 02/09/10 - 12:32 pm
The chicken little writer who

The chicken little writer who keeps on insisting that our right to bear arms needs his meds upped. This is yet another ridiculous rant which has been repeated over the years by various chicken littles- they are all probably related.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/09/10 - 12:32 pm
Just finer than frogs hair

Just finer than frogs hair split 3 ways and sifted, and ain't near as hard to comb!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/09/10 - 12:34 pm
pommom38, In a way I do. My

pommom38, In a way I do. My blood presure has be 120 over 85 in the past few days and that is bad.

pommom38
pommom38 02/09/10 - 12:48 pm
Ah, poor thing:) Well, I just

Ah, poor thing:) Well, I just got done reading through some of yesterday's R & R, I see the most beloved RCR is back in rare form. *sigh*
CBBB, we can always count on you for laughs!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/09/10 - 12:50 pm
Also in the Atl.

Also in the Atl. paper,,,,China has 120 million electric bicycles,, up from a few thousand in the 1990's.. This is a $11 billion global business..Why is it we can't think of doing this first?? Ya'll don't have to thank me for keeping U up on the Atl. paper.. I know U can't afford all these papers in other places because of your high taxes,, & besides U get all your news from FOX & AC... GEEZ