Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT to Richmond County for seeking restitution from the parents of the children that damaged the windows at Copeland Ele­men­tary School. This is an unfair burden on the parents of those two children. In the past I’ve called the police to report damage in my yard, to my home, and friends and family likewise called the police. They never lifted a finger to investigate any damage to a citizen’s property. They simply give you a report and tell you to claim it on your homeowner’s insurance, and I know Cope­land Elementary School had insurance.

SANDRA SCOTT, please come pick up your signs. Thank you.

PRIORITIES ARE really screwed up when the Board of Education thinks that pre-K children need to have computers for learning.

SO A PERSON has a piano delivered, and this town finds that to be newsworthy. Are you serious?

I WOULD LIKE to thank Pro­bate Court Judge Pat Hard­a­way of Columbia County for being a judge who can tell when someone is telling the truth and who is telling an untruth.

ALL POLITICIANS, be they Dem­o­crat or Republican, need to have their salaries reduced about 20 to 30 percent. Also, they need some furlough days. If that happened, maybe that would give them a clue what it’s like for the rest of us working out here.

YOU CAN SMOKE, but don’t blow the smoke in my face and lungs, I don’t do that to you.

THE U.S. HOUSE of Rep­re­sen­tatives voted to increase the government borrowing ceiling, even though it is already borrowed up to the sky and with no end in sight. Yet, as stupid and surely criminal this vote was, Rep. John Barrow voted for it.

A RANT for empty palaces in the CSRA – Fort Discovery, the Augusta Museum of History, the Columbia County Library and other buildings for which the activities should be the priority, not the structure.

DOESN'T EVERY criminal case have clues somewhere? Some kind of lead? Yet Richmond officials say there are no leads when the victims are the taxpayers who paid the money that ended up in the tax office safe with the door left open for a weekend.

BEFORE TEACHERS have another furlough day or decrease in salary, the state should return to the neighborhood school concept and let children go to the closet school to their homes. This would reduce the amount of fuel needed for busing and repairs. Also, a four-day week would reduce operating costs greatly. We need to keep our qualified teachers and pay them well. Reduce administrative costs if necessary, but stop reducing our teachers’ salaries!

Tell us what you think
anotherday
anotherday 02/07/10 - 02:54 am
The first rant is a joke. How

The first rant is a joke. How are those kids and their parents ever going to learn if they don't have to pay the price? That rant sounds like it come from a family member.

NEone
NEone 02/07/10 - 04:03 am
If I don't smoke, blowing

If I don't smoke, blowing smoke into someone else's face is impossible. Huh? Where's the logic?

Troubled1
Troubled1 02/07/10 - 04:44 am
to the first rant, if you

to the first rant, if you would learn to control your kids, you would not have to pay for the stupid things they do........

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 05:03 am
I smoke, but I'm not willing

I smoke, but I'm not willing to share my smoke with anybody. If you want smoke in your face, buy your own and pay the taxes to support health care for fatties!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 05:59 am
The Columbia County Library

The Columbia County Library is empty? I suppose I need to get out more.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 02/07/10 - 05:32 am
At first, it appeared that

At first, it appeared that ranter number one was being sarcastis but upon reading the entire rant he/she has proved theirself ill informed and ignorant. The police do investigate all reported crimes and often solve them in this area as the statistics very much prove. However, county buildings certainly take a priority when this much damage occurs as it is the taxpayers who foot the bill, even if insurance claims are filed. And, certain portions of Richmond County are self insured, meaning again WE the taxpyaers foot the bill. Any criminal caught and convicted has restitution as part of his or her punishment, as it should be so no real news here. Also, Campus Police assisted in this investigation, rightfully so and thank goodness they caught your little thug, oops, I mean thank goodness they caught the thugs.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 06:17 am
On this date in 1986, Haiti's

On this date in 1986, Haiti's President for Life Jean-Claude Duvalier fled to France.

Not one penny of my money will go there voluntarily.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/07/10 - 07:10 am
I agree that the politicians

I agree that the politicians should suffer the same financial fate as those employed under them. FURLOUGH OBAMA!!!

willienelson
willienelson 02/07/10 - 08:31 am
Good morning. This is a rant

Good morning. This is a rant for face blowing people. I wish you ladies were shorter. So there!

willienelson
willienelson 02/07/10 - 08:33 am
Try moving to Winder. They

Try moving to Winder. They often times reported when someone had a pizza delivered. Happy Sunday ebbybody.

willienelson
willienelson 02/07/10 - 08:37 am
I know why Sandra Scott won't

I know why Sandra Scott won't come pick up her signs. They have her picture on them. Even she ain't that brave.

corgimom
corgimom 02/07/10 - 08:39 am
In 34 years, I've never had

In 34 years, I've never had anybody vandalize my house or yard. Even when I lived in the projects, I never had any problems with my house or car. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

texred
texred 02/07/10 - 08:44 am
Good morning wide - wide

Good morning wide - wide world, looks like it is going to be a nice day for a change. Hey Petey, have to agree with you, none of mine has ever gone there voluntary.

atsugua13
atsugua13 02/07/10 - 08:54 am
corgimom, corgimom,

corgimom, corgimom, corgimom...lol makes me wonder why you would come to this forum to announce that...it only encourages vandals to increase their output...Your day is coming

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 09:19 am
Maybe she has stuff that

Maybe she has stuff that nobody wants to steal and would like to replace it. ;-)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/07/10 - 09:20 am
Good Morning American

Good Morning American Patriots, Good Morning Veterans. Should I read the paper today or listen to the News? If I do will it "make my day".

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 09:24 am
CG - G'morning to ya.

CG - G'morning to ya. Washington DC has been brought to a complete standstill by the blizzard. That would have to cheer ya up! The Iranians took advantage of this fact and have announced they are increasing their production of higher enriched uranium. There is your news summary.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/10 - 09:38 am
Good Morning George,, some

Good Morning George,, some articles will make your blood boil,, & Petey thanks for the news update..Brain cells are full speed today for many on here today..Good we love a lively conv.. don't we....haha

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/07/10 - 09:44 am
Petey, Just got done watching

Petey, Just got done watching the Japanese evening News and the main topic was Sarah Palins tea party movement yesterday. They were making jokes about the American president trying to prevent the American people from watching FOX news. Isn't that great to know the feelings of the world and what they are thinking about this nation of FREEDOM.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 09:52 am
CG - Even the world is bored

CG - Even the world is bored with the puppet. Sarkozy keeps cracking me up every time he opens his mouth about Obama. When even the French are mocking you, that's bad.....

aureliusdios
aureliusdios 02/07/10 - 09:52 am
It is great that people are

It is great that people are still watching the news and in some cases reading newspapers. Does anyone know of a study showing the demographics of the Fox News viewer? It would be interesting to see the education level, the income level and age range of the average Fox News viewer. Does it really represent the average American?

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 02/07/10 - 09:56 am
Wonder what ol Al Bore is

Wonder what ol Al Bore is thinking about this man-made "global warming"? Good morning to all the military retireees and active duty personel!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 10:05 am
glassrinkmaker - LOVE!!!!

glassrinkmaker - LOVE!!!! Your icon, well done, Sir. Thank you for your service!

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 02/07/10 - 10:07 am
Thanks, Pete--same to you--I

Thanks, Pete--same to you--I love your "stripes"!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/10 - 10:10 am
Love is in the air this

Love is in the air this am...lol

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 02/07/10 - 10:11 am
Check it out folks. Sarah

Check it out folks. Sarah Palin is on Fox news right now babbling. It's like she got a list of things she was supposed to say, strung them all together, and spilled them out.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 10:11 am
GI's are "funny" like that,

GI's are "funny" like that, seenitb4. Sunday mornings are a good reflection time. And it's sunny!

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/07/10 - 10:15 am
glass - I only had to make 3

glass - I only had to make 3 of those stripes twice!!! I was a model of an Airman! Is your pic from Guam?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/10 - 10:15 am
I'd rather have a lovefest

I'd rather have a lovefest than hate..We see enough of that everyday in the news..wonder if this great country will ever come together again..hope so.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/07/10 - 10:22 am
Good Morning from the Ellis

Good Morning from the Ellis St. Canal, Coffee,Donut and Psychiatric Shop. Todays specials are fresh ground Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica paired with a light flaky pastry filled with Blueberry preserves and a Cheese Danish on the side! 5 minute Psychiatric Evaluation free with each special!