Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

MY SINCERE THANKS to the drivers who pulled over to the side of the road in respect for Tom Stafford's funeral procession on Wrightsboro Rd. That respect was an honor for a real American Hero from the Vietnam War. A real man among men.

THE REV. OTIS MOSS exclaims from the pulpit that "America has been a part of the misery in Haiti." Just this morning, a national news program reported that the U.S. Army has been on 14 humanitarian aid missions to Haiti since 2005. And that's just the Army. I would be interested in knowing what Rev. Moss' huge wealthy church has done (and is doing) for the folks in Haiti. I would also tell Rev. Moss this: Don't use the pulpit to blast your country; use it in the way a true man of God would -- to pray for your country.

WHO IS SUPPOSED to run the US government? The people -- through their elected officials in Congress and the White House. So who is meeting with those two groups, in secret, to complete the Obama health care hoax? Union officials. Did anybody elect them?

THE AIKEN SCHOOL BOARD is talking about spending up to $222 million to "improve the most dilapidated facilities." For $222 million you can build several small towns from scratch. Meanwhile, who allowed school buildings to get dilapidated in the first place, if not school boards?

A HUGE RAVE to Highland Avenue Animal Hospital. I recently had my best friend of 17 years put to sleep. They treated my cat with such dignity and respect that I will forever have a place in my heart for them. They took an already unbearable situation and made it tolerable.

WE'RE IN A TREACHEROUS recession, and governments are broke. And now Georgia pols want to spend more. But not to worry. They want to give us a choice between statewide taxes or taxing in individual counties. Isn't that called a "Hobson's choice?" You get more than one choice, and all are lousy.

PERDUE SAYS he favors building roads. One day he makes a speech about how we're spending too much; the next day he wants to spend more.

BUSH AND OBAMA forced banks to take federal loans the banks didn't want to make. Later the banks paid back the money with interest. And now Obama says that's not good enough. He wants to charge the banks new taxes -- which he calls fees.

NOW IS THE SEASON to plant more evergreen trees and shrubs in downtown neighborhoods. This is the only way Augusta can reclaim the "Garden City" title.

Irish
Irish 01/18/10 - 11:16 am
If you don't work how do you

If you don't work how do you celebrate a day off ?

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 11:18 am
play golf!

play golf!

Irish
Irish 01/18/10 - 11:19 am
Ispy (Austen Jr.) the major

Ispy (Austen Jr.) the major problem here is we were promised no more lobbyist and major Trans Parency. Both have yet to be fulfilled. Pharmecutical,SEIU, Labor Unions, Acorn, AMA, all have a lot of influence on a major piece of legislation affecting the American people and our future. It should all be open and available to any one who wishes to see the details...

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 11:19 am
Staying home stinks, I don't

Staying home stinks, I don't know why anybody thinks its great.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 01/18/10 - 11:20 am
Man, it's a great day to play

Man, it's a great day to play golf fo shizzle! MLK was Republican, he'd certainly approve of such a celebratory gesture.

Irish
Irish 01/18/10 - 11:20 am
I meant those who never work

I meant those who never work lance ! I can't play golf today Mrs. Irish has the day off and she says it's me and her !

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 11:22 am
Bask in the love, Irish, bask

Bask in the love, Irish, bask in the love. Aside from hearing "We need to talk", the next thing that men hate is "I want to spend the whole day with you"

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/18/10 - 11:24 am
Does she know how to hold a

Does she know how to hold a putter?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/18/10 - 11:26 am
If she can hold a putter,

If she can hold a putter, fetch a cold beer and light your cigars, take her to the course!

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 11:33 am
He had a chance at a foresome

He had a chance at a foresome with CBBP, Ayet and a Chimp - but the female caddie just soured that deal!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/18/10 - 11:36 am
Was is the topless one?

Was is the topless one?

Irish
Irish 01/18/10 - 11:36 am
She refuses to play but loves

She refuses to play but loves to accessorize the little golf outfits. I bought her a set of clubs for valentines day several years back. Big Mistake, It's roses , candy, wine and dinner from now on and maybe just a little bauble. (anyone want to purchase an unused set of ladies golf clubs, still in the plastic wrappers, cheap ?)

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 11:37 am
Corgi, you have in stitches

Corgi, you have in stitches today.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/18/10 - 11:38 am
Never give a woman a gift

Never give a woman a gift that can be used as a weapon! Believe me!

Irish
Irish 01/18/10 - 11:38 am
You have to play the Old

You have to play the Old South club in hilton head if you want to see a gorgeous cart girl...I stopped her every time around.

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 11:38 am
Irish, sounds like the

Irish, sounds like the keyboard my husband bought me several years ago.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 01/18/10 - 11:39 am
Irish? Elin Woods has a real

Irish? Elin Woods has a real nice set of clubs for sale... only used once!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/18/10 - 11:40 am
They have two like that at

They have two like that at Lake Marion County Club in Santee!

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/18/10 - 11:40 am
She was making you angry last

She was making you angry last night KSL.

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 11:40 am
"I bought her a set of clubs

"I bought her a set of clubs for valentines day several years back." My ex- notice the EX- bought me a toilet seat for Christmas one year. To show the depths of his love, he made sure it was padded. My son said, "Daddy, I don't think that was a good idea" as I was frothing at the mouth. Irish, you were lucky she didn't take one of the clubs and bash you in the head with it.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/18/10 - 11:44 am
Although KSL, I must admit,

Although KSL, I must admit, you and she have much in common, you both are friends with a certain poster on here who can open ya'lls mouth and poo poo right in it, and you will stay true blue friends with this person. I'll never get it, but then I love myself. jus sayin....

TheDeerhunter
TheDeerhunter 01/18/10 - 11:46 am
Take six minutes out your

Take six minutes out your lives and watch this video. Its amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

fishman960
fishman960 01/18/10 - 11:50 am
Looks like Holly has the deep

Looks like Holly has the deep knives out this morn...

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 11:51 am
Go put on your UPS tarp and

Go put on your UPS tarp and see if your ex-sister in law will give you a free lunch. Nobody is taking you seriously.

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 11:54 am
Hardly friends. But I do

Hardly friends. But I do acknowledge intelligent comments. What I don't understand Holly, is if you dislike him so much, why are you constantly commenting to and about him, setting yourself up for even more attacks. Is negative attention better than no attention?

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 11:55 am
Aw, KSL, let her go. When are

Aw, KSL, let her go. When are you coming up to the Queen City so that we can Par-tay? I promise if we get arrested, I'll post my house as a property bond.

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 11:57 am
She is only mad she can't

She is only mad she can't find a pet rabbit to boil this morning.

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 11:58 am
Soon, I hope. LOL.

Soon, I hope. LOL.

fishman960
fishman960 01/18/10 - 11:58 am
Maybe the ex'es place was

Maybe the ex'es place was closed today...

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/18/10 - 12:00 pm
Just like him, I respond to

Just like him, I respond to his post that I do not agree with, and that demean and bully others. His attacks do not bother me, for I can come right back. I don't stick my tail between my legs and slink away. And fishman, I respond to 'deep knive' remarks. You have no clue what you're talking about. I don't care about others taking me seriously Lance, YOU know what I'm talking about, and YOU know I have your number. Stop acting dizzy. The others do too, they just don't want to rock YOUR boat.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen