Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

MY SINCERE THANKS to the drivers who pulled over to the side of the road in respect for Tom Stafford's funeral procession on Wrightsboro Rd. That respect was an honor for a real American Hero from the Vietnam War. A real man among men.

THE REV. OTIS MOSS exclaims from the pulpit that "America has been a part of the misery in Haiti." Just this morning, a national news program reported that the U.S. Army has been on 14 humanitarian aid missions to Haiti since 2005. And that's just the Army. I would be interested in knowing what Rev. Moss' huge wealthy church has done (and is doing) for the folks in Haiti. I would also tell Rev. Moss this: Don't use the pulpit to blast your country; use it in the way a true man of God would -- to pray for your country.

WHO IS SUPPOSED to run the US government? The people -- through their elected officials in Congress and the White House. So who is meeting with those two groups, in secret, to complete the Obama health care hoax? Union officials. Did anybody elect them?

THE AIKEN SCHOOL BOARD is talking about spending up to $222 million to "improve the most dilapidated facilities." For $222 million you can build several small towns from scratch. Meanwhile, who allowed school buildings to get dilapidated in the first place, if not school boards?

A HUGE RAVE to Highland Avenue Animal Hospital. I recently had my best friend of 17 years put to sleep. They treated my cat with such dignity and respect that I will forever have a place in my heart for them. They took an already unbearable situation and made it tolerable.

WE'RE IN A TREACHEROUS recession, and governments are broke. And now Georgia pols want to spend more. But not to worry. They want to give us a choice between statewide taxes or taxing in individual counties. Isn't that called a "Hobson's choice?" You get more than one choice, and all are lousy.

PERDUE SAYS he favors building roads. One day he makes a speech about how we're spending too much; the next day he wants to spend more.

BUSH AND OBAMA forced banks to take federal loans the banks didn't want to make. Later the banks paid back the money with interest. And now Obama says that's not good enough. He wants to charge the banks new taxes -- which he calls fees.

NOW IS THE SEASON to plant more evergreen trees and shrubs in downtown neighborhoods. This is the only way Augusta can reclaim the "Garden City" title.

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 07:29 pm
KSL, you missed it, it was

KSL, you missed it, it was one of the best days ever on here. It truly was spectacular. And she's so transparent, it's hilarious.

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/18/10 - 07:31 pm
Jack. I am going to leave you

Jack. I am going to leave you alone for now out of respect for other veterans. My Father and three Brothers served in Vietnam, he and 2 of my Brothers are now deceased and would be disappointed in my talking to a fellow vet that way. Regardless of our differences in opinions, there is no excuse to demean a fellow vet. So, sir with all due respect I will say have a great day to you.

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 07:31 pm
She tried to start trouble

She tried to start trouble with Lance. That didn't work. Then she tried to start trouble with me. That REALLY didn't work. Then she tried to start trouble with you. Then she's back to me. The floor show moves on!

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 07:33 pm
I was at Ft. Rosecrans a

I was at Ft. Rosecrans a couple of weeks ago, It truly is the most beautiful cemetery I have ever seen in my life.

jack
jack 01/18/10 - 07:36 pm
Ispy, I am truly sorry for

Ispy, I am truly sorry for your loss. Truce, buddy. Let's stick to politics and stay away from race, as I am NOT a racist because I served and commanded in Special Forces some of the best of all races. I don't look at Obama as black or anything but President, and I don't like what I see.

jack
jack 01/18/10 - 07:38 pm
Where is FT Rosecrans?

Where is FT Rosecrans?

jack
jack 01/18/10 - 07:40 pm
Guess I'll call it a day

Guess I'll call it a day ladies and gentlemen. Check your email KSL.

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 07:42 pm
San Diego, CA, on the tip of

San Diego, CA, on the tip of Pt. Loma. You go to one side, you see the beautiful Bay and the incredible view of San Diego. You go to the other side, you see La Jolla Cove and the incredible view on that side. It truly is magnificent.

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/18/10 - 07:47 pm
JACK, some times things get

JACK, some times things get out of hand then you have to realize what is important. I got a call from one of my 4 remaining Brother. He is facing heart surgery Friday. My other Brother is two years into Chemo for colon caner. There is a strong possibility that I could lose both this year. I was taught to work hard for every thing you want out of life. I have spent 30 years protecting and serving our country so I get worked up when people make snide racist remarks. My wife just walked in and reminded me that in the last three years I had two heart attacks and a stroke. She has ordered me away from the computer for at least a week. It is amazing that a 5'8" 155 lbs woman can order a 6'4" 290 man around. But hey, I am not a fool. Take care and again I apologize for letting it get out of hand.

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 07:55 pm
I am so very sorry, ispy, I

I am so very sorry, ispy, I will remember them in my prayers. May God guide the hands of his surgeon, and give all of you wisdom, strength, and guidance.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 01/18/10 - 07:56 pm
Truth be told, Ispy4U, your

Truth be told, Ispy4U, your wife's ordering you around has nothing to do with size or height. Possibly IQ?

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 08:01 pm
Hey. lay off, can't you see

Hey. lay off, can't you see he's worried about his family?

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 08:09 pm
ispy, you are a piece of

ispy, you are a piece of work. You clearly are a self centered person who posts here just to tear down others who don't hold your political views.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/18/10 - 08:14 pm
As you have noticed I have

As you have noticed I have not posted a comment today. I will just wait till Wednesday to lol at all the one brain celled posters that have made their post today. See you!

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 01/18/10 - 08:19 pm
Good night all. IT has been

Good night all. IT has been a most interesting day of posts.

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 08:36 pm
ispy, I apologize, my post

ispy, I apologize, my post was made after your revelations. I do so deeply apologize.

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 08:37 pm
And wish you and your family

And wish you and your family well.

KSL
KSL 01/18/10 - 08:50 pm
Been through the heart

Been through the heart surgery with my husband who had birth defects to repair in his 50's. Excellent docs did a wonderful job. He didn't miss many steps. Worked on plans while in the hospital the last of his 3 days.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen