Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

MY SINCERE THANKS to the drivers who pulled over to the side of the road in respect for Tom Stafford's funeral procession on Wrightsboro Rd. That respect was an honor for a real American Hero from the Vietnam War. A real man among men.

THE REV. OTIS MOSS exclaims from the pulpit that "America has been a part of the misery in Haiti." Just this morning, a national news program reported that the U.S. Army has been on 14 humanitarian aid missions to Haiti since 2005. And that's just the Army. I would be interested in knowing what Rev. Moss' huge wealthy church has done (and is doing) for the folks in Haiti. I would also tell Rev. Moss this: Don't use the pulpit to blast your country; use it in the way a true man of God would -- to pray for your country.

WHO IS SUPPOSED to run the US government? The people -- through their elected officials in Congress and the White House. So who is meeting with those two groups, in secret, to complete the Obama health care hoax? Union officials. Did anybody elect them?

THE AIKEN SCHOOL BOARD is talking about spending up to $222 million to "improve the most dilapidated facilities." For $222 million you can build several small towns from scratch. Meanwhile, who allowed school buildings to get dilapidated in the first place, if not school boards?

A HUGE RAVE to Highland Avenue Animal Hospital. I recently had my best friend of 17 years put to sleep. They treated my cat with such dignity and respect that I will forever have a place in my heart for them. They took an already unbearable situation and made it tolerable.

WE'RE IN A TREACHEROUS recession, and governments are broke. And now Georgia pols want to spend more. But not to worry. They want to give us a choice between statewide taxes or taxing in individual counties. Isn't that called a "Hobson's choice?" You get more than one choice, and all are lousy.

PERDUE SAYS he favors building roads. One day he makes a speech about how we're spending too much; the next day he wants to spend more.

BUSH AND OBAMA forced banks to take federal loans the banks didn't want to make. Later the banks paid back the money with interest. And now Obama says that's not good enough. He wants to charge the banks new taxes -- which he calls fees.

NOW IS THE SEASON to plant more evergreen trees and shrubs in downtown neighborhoods. This is the only way Augusta can reclaim the "Garden City" title.

loosywill18
loosywill18 01/18/10 - 05:35 am
Express your support for

Express your support for Obama Health care plan at http://www.obamahealthcareplan.org

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 05:35 am
A RAVE to Google for their

A RAVE to Google for their site logo today to honor Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Y'all have a safe and reflective day.

samlongshaft
samlongshaft 01/18/10 - 08:06 am
Haiti is just an offshoot of

Haiti is just an offshoot of the U.S entitlement crowd that the U.S. taxpayer funds!

samlongshaft
samlongshaft 01/18/10 - 08:08 am
loose will, why would you

loose will, why would you want something that the majority of U.S. citizens are against? That is, unless you are a member of the democratic voting bloc called , "THE ENTITLEMENT CROWD"!

Martinez
Martinez 01/18/10 - 08:39 am
Not everyone who expresses an

Not everyone who expresses an interest in the Obama healthplan is part of the entitlement crowd. What we have right now is broken. What he is proposing is flawed as well. Choosing between the lesser of two evils doesn't mean you fully support either. As a working class citizen with health insurance, who pays hundreds a month for insurance and then must meet seriously high deductibles and co-insurance - medical care has become a luxury I can rarely afford to seek. I also have retired grandparents who are paying hundreds per month for supplemental care and prescription drugs - so much so- they often must choose between food and care. While nationalized healthcare has it's flaws, a lot of them - so does the current system. It's sad and shameful when the working people and those retired from decades of working get lower quality care then those who are on welfare.

rbk
rbk 01/18/10 - 08:39 am
I do not and will not support

I do not and will not support the Obama health care plan. If it's not good enough for the politicians that wrote it to use, why should I think it is good enough for me?

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/18/10 - 08:53 am
Did anyone elect the

Did anyone elect the lobbyists from the Health Care Industry that meets with our Representatives behind closed doors?

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/18/10 - 08:56 am
The banks charges us taxes

The banks charges us taxes all of the time, which they call " fees".

Jane18
Jane18 01/18/10 - 09:10 am
Otis Moss is nothing but an

Otis Moss is nothing but an extension of Jeremiah Wright. There is no love of this country in either man, and it shows every time one of them opens his mouth. I heard him when he was here in Augusta, and if anything, he has gotten worse. I have all ideas neither have read that judgment will begin at the altar. What is at the altar? The pulpit!

willienelson
willienelson 01/18/10 - 09:51 am
Does anyone really think the

Does anyone really think the Democrat party will ever be relevant again after the Obama administration? Those who have supported this clown and his policies admit that they do so expecting to lose their seats in congress. I say we make sure they are right.

usafvet
usafvet 01/18/10 - 10:06 am
ispy, you are indeed the

ispy, you are indeed the epitome of "open your mouth, remove all doubt" syndrome. lobbyists are trying to sway our elected officials that are elected by us. The real problem here is your president, "dumbobama" doesn't bother to go through proper channels to pass the laws and programs. He is constantly turning his reign into a ditatorship with a socialist agenda. He is stripping our military, CIA, and other operatives that are in place to protect our great country of their abilities to do so. He is so afraid of alienating the muslims of the world that he forgets his obligation to the USA. Taxes are imposed on us taxpayers, not agreed upon on signing each contract. Get off free enterprise. Let the system that made this country great work again. Come on 2012.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 01/18/10 - 10:11 am
Willien, the Dem party will

Willien, the Dem party will be more relevant than what the GOP has now, which is no credible leadership. Remember, we are in this mess due to 8 years of "rule" by your stupid clown and his sick henchman Cheney. They made sure this country was in financial ruin and are the reason why we are in this fix today. So before you go blaming the current administration, put your memory cap on. When Democratic Prez Clinton was in office for 8 wonderful years, we all had money in our pockets and we were operating in the black. C'mon are you that buffaloed by their GOP b.s. just because they are white?

willienelson
willienelson 01/18/10 - 10:23 am
will be more that what the

will be more that what the GOP has now. Do you have anyone who speaks English to argue your point, sir? I agree with some points that I am guessing you wanted to make. President Bush was certainly not fiscally sensitive. However, your snake oil salesman has spent more in his first year than "my guy" did in eight. Talk to me after the 2010 and 2012 elections. If I am wrong, I will apologize.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 01/18/10 - 10:28 am
You have no idea who sits at

You have no idea who sits at this keyboard. Your stereotypical assumptions show you for the fool you are. LMAO! Good day. Will the apology be a half or a full page ad?

BamaMan
BamaMan 01/18/10 - 10:30 am
The best thing Obama can do

The best thing Obama can do for a candidate, is NOT SHOW UP at a rally. "Hate to say I told you so".

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 10:33 am
BamaMan - shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

BamaMan - shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell them!

willienelson
willienelson 01/18/10 - 10:33 am
John I made no assumptions.

John I made no assumptions. Nor do I care who sits at your keyboard. I will be glad to apologize if I am wrong, as I stated earlier. I have certainly been wrong before. I won't start sulking and just run away. I will continue to be here, expressing my opinion and pushing for what I believe to be right. Good dad you sad little man.

corgimom
corgimom 01/18/10 - 10:42 am
All I know is that last year

All I know is that last year I spent $2,800 on prescription drugs, and that was with health insurance. Health care reform IS needed.

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 10:48 am
corgi - NOBODY HAS EVER SAID

corgi - NOBODY HAS EVER SAID on these boards that it wasn't needed. The contention is that this ill thought out willy-nilly patched together porkulus piece of crap that they are floating is NOT the answer. Now take some more of your meds and go sleep like a good demented cripple.

Irish
Irish 01/18/10 - 10:48 am
The Gop has no visible

The Gop has no visible leadership. The Dnc visibly has no leadership. Big difference

jamesj
jamesj 01/18/10 - 10:56 am
Corgi $2,800 on prescription

Corgi $2,800 on prescription drugs? That must be why we sometimes get these off the wall comments from you...lol

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 10:59 am
jamesj - That's just the

jamesj - That's just the co-pay. It explains volumes doesn't it? There is no reason for everybody else to be subject to the delusions and hallucinations though in my not humble opinion. If my mom ever starts posting like that, I'm taking her computer apart.

luckie
luckie 01/18/10 - 11:00 am
In response to Highland

In response to Highland Animal Hospital, they are one of the best in the area for veterinarian services. The female vet - I forget her name is so compassionate and understanding. I will use them for all of my animals needs. Keep up the good work.

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 11:02 am
A RANT for no obituaries in

A RANT for no obituaries in the online edition today.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/18/10 - 11:02 am
Oh, look! Lancedlungs is

Oh, look! Lancedlungs is going to be looking for yet another name today, by the looks of his 9:48. However, that post is an excellent barometer, that corig's post was on the right track!

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/18/10 - 11:04 am
Naturally you would take her

Naturally you would take her computer apart, you little demented control freak.

happychimer
happychimer 01/18/10 - 11:06 am
Highland Animal Hospital is

Highland Animal Hospital is the best.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/18/10 - 11:08 am
Well why don't you just call

Well why don't you just call the AC Lance and tell them in person that you don't like the fact that they did not post the obits today. I don't care. wah..wah..

LancelotLink
LancelotLink 01/18/10 - 11:10 am
Awww, Alex Forrest still has

Awww, Alex Forrest still has a crush on me, how comforting!

HollyHoly