Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A great big rave for photographer Rainier Ehrhardt for his wonderful picture of the Union Baptist Church and its pastor. I loved this picture when it was first published in the paper, and to me that is the best photograph of the year. Please show more of his work. Happy New Year to all of the staff.

PRESIDENT CARTER says if he had it to do over, if he had one more day as president, he'd use it to bring the "full weight of the White House to the (Middle East) peace process." Why didn't he "bring the full White House weight" when he was president? And does Carter think Americans haven't wised up to the con job lingo called "peace process"? Peace is an absence of war; thus it's no "process" at all.

JUST CURIOUS about how the local ministers feel about their young church members performing in a less than appropriate manner at Augusta Common functions, in the parades and even on television. Maybe they are expecting the parents to recognize that revealing costumes and suggestive movements are not "jazz," "modern dance" or "contemporary."

I WOULD LIKE to rave about Augusta Mall. Yes, I said rave. I went there the day before Christmas Eve to do some last-minute shopping. I hadn't been to the mall in over a year and was anxious with all the write-ups about groups of thugs and disrespectful shoppers. I was pleasantly surprised to find that even the young folks there were very courteous and going about their shopping without wearing inappropriate clothes or being unruly. Security was near where I parked when I arrived and when I left. Thank you for a pleasant experience.

THIS A RANT for printing only raves for your Christmas edition. I read this rag so I can enjoy the stupid rants the people of this community have.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND all the complaints about that newly painted wall on Highland Avenue. I was driving past it on the way back to Atlanta, and it is beautiful. My friend told me that more painting is to come and that the special paints will last over 20 years. If that is really the case, that is a boon to Augusta, in my book.

I WAS SHOCKED and saddened by the picture in The Augusta Chronicle of the young boy holding a beautiful wild goose that he had shot and killed in the Phinizy Swamp. Did his dad teach him to shoot this goose because their family needed it for food, or was that innocent creature killed just for the sport of it?

THE RANTER complaining about Obama traveling or spending any money is so obviously stupid. Who do you think you are to tell our president when and where he can go? He is not your puppet.

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 04:23 pm
Holly, if you are standing on

Holly, if you are standing on the bottom floor of the mall and you ogle a miniskirt clad femme with no drawers on, would you say that you are perverted or "people watching'?

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 04:23 pm
Not that that is the intent

Not that that is the intent of these 'girls'

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 04:29 pm
c'mon AC get the edit button

c'mon AC get the edit button working. Miniskirt clad femme ABOVE.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/29/09 - 04:37 pm
lol, I guess I would be a

lol, I guess I would be a perverted people watcher.

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 04:41 pm
At least you can admit it

At least you can admit it George.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/29/09 - 04:48 pm
If I were a woman named Holly

If I were a woman named Holly doing that fish I'd say that was perverted indeed.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/09 - 04:50 pm
"I have been ready months

"I have been ready months ago. I just picked up another 1000 rounds of .223. I have 2 40' containers underground fully equip (electricy, water, food, weapons and slepting capipilities) to subtain my family of 18 for 30 or more days. I am ready and I know what can happen is getting closer." This is hysterical. Good luck to you, Cobalt.

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 04:55 pm
Hey, A horse is a horse

Hey, A horse is a horse unless of course....

OutInSpace
OutInSpace 12/29/09 - 04:58 pm
corgi, be kind now or he

corgi, be kind now or he might not open the door for you when you and the pooch come a knockin' starving and thirsty.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/29/09 - 05:00 pm
Thanks corgimom, but don't

Thanks corgimom, but don't try and get any fish out of my 21 acre pond because you won't have to worry about cooking it.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/29/09 - 05:01 pm
"Being prepared means never

"Being prepared means never having to say "I told you so" to an empty room."

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 05:02 pm
The end of the world is not

The end of the world is not coming, just the end of America as we know it.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/29/09 - 05:09 pm
At least our children won't

At least our children won't have much of a problem leaving our grandchildren a better life than they had.

OutInSpace
OutInSpace 12/29/09 - 05:12 pm
RIP, she'd do it just to

RIP, she'd do it just to finally be right one time.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/29/09 - 05:28 pm
Have you not visualized what

Have you not visualized what would happen to this country if something were to happen to this so called president (like JFK). You sure would wish you had a lot of ammo, food and everything you needed to try to survive. I pray to God it never happens.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/29/09 - 05:42 pm
Geo: I hope every current

Geo: I hope every current member of Congress and POTUS live to be at least 100 years old for reasons long ago expressed.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/09 - 06:06 pm
Cobalt, for your sake, I hope

Cobalt, for your sake, I hope the "revolution" ends in less than 30 days. By the way, dare I ask your waste management plans? 18 people x 30 days- wow. And if you really want to be prepared, forget about ammo and guns and gold. Stockpile salt and sugar.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 12/29/09 - 06:07 pm
Fishman. The mini skirt chick

Fishman. The mini skirt chick is another i'd be just shaking my head at. But the dudes sho would like it! hee hee. I understand what you say about the media, but times have changed. It is what it is. You just have to protect your little corner/piece of the world as you see fit. Someone else will see fit to handle theirs a different way. Everyone is different. Does not make one bad or one better or good. You get my point.

fishman960
fishman960 12/29/09 - 06:10 pm
Holly, I fully agree with

Holly, I fully agree with you!

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/09 - 06:11 pm
And, btw, Cobalt, if I were

And, btw, Cobalt, if I were really afraid of something bad happening, the LAST thing I would do would be to post my preparations and supplies on a public forum. You have to have some sort of ventilation vents on your bunkers, all anybody needs to do is drop a grenade down the vent or pump carbon monoxide into your bunkers. That would take care of everybody right there. But if preparations make you happy, by all means, indulge.

usafvet
usafvet 12/29/09 - 08:15 pm
As I went through MBA school,

As I went through MBA school, profs were big on theory and short on real world experience. I'll take the ladder any day.
Posted by justthefacts on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:17 AM
What an idiot. MBA ,,,,,,,,,,,ladder ?????????????

jamesmonty
jamesmonty 12/29/09 - 09:40 pm
In addition to his salary,

In addition to his salary, the President gets numerous expense accounts including:

•General account ($50000)
•Official expenses of the White House office
•Entertainment expenses
•Separate entertainment expenses for official presidential functions
•Traveling expenses for the president and anyone traveling with him (above and beyond the free limo, helicopter, and airplane rides)
In addition there is an account designated for "unanticipated needs" which is not to exceed $1 million per year. These unanticipated needs include anything for the furtherance of the national interest, security, or defense, including personnel needs and needs for services. Basically if the President is over-quota for anything listed above, he can dip into this money.

KSL
KSL 12/29/09 - 09:43 pm
usafvet, I've read your posts

usafvet, I've read your posts and those of justthefacts. I'm thinking you took something the wrong way.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 12/29/09 - 09:47 pm
the word idiot is used on

the word idiot is used on here too much.

GAterp
GAterp 12/29/09 - 10:13 pm
Maybe it is not really used

Maybe it is not really used enough?

KSL
KSL 12/29/09 - 10:15 pm
Does terp stand for terrapin?

Does terp stand for terrapin?

KSL
KSL 12/29/09 - 10:17 pm
By the way, terp, we do get

By the way, terp, we do get second opinions.

crackerjack
crackerjack 12/30/09 - 12:20 am
oreobama is pelosis boy

oreobama is pelosis boy

usafvet
usafvet 12/30/09 - 12:56 am
KSL, not if MBA is degree

KSL, not if MBA is degree and ladder is used in stead of latter.