Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WHAT AN INSULT by the Sanford legislative camp to the people of South Carolina! Sure, airplane trips are not an impeachable offense. They are a penny-ante issue in any state. Maybe Gov. Sanford was just getting in some flight time for an Air Force Reserve promotion. But why doesn't the South Carolina Legislature consider Sanford's five-day desertion of his elected post to be the crime it really is?

THE CATTY, SELF-RIGHTEOUS AND/OR INARTICULATE RANTERS against tips for restaurant servers should get over themselves. Waiting is one of the few jobs I've never performed, but I've seen how mean some customers can be. I have rarely experienced a truly bad server, even in newer, pretentiously named eateries where the food is atrocious. In the last such place, the waiter struck such a fine balance between satisfying us and defending his wretched establishment, I tipped him extra, after expressing my opinion to the manager.

TO THE RANTERS who slickly advocated the Psalm 109 bumper stickers, hopefully those products have been removed from sale by the company that offered them and other asinine anti-Obama crap. Treasonous? Maybe, maybe not, but Obama has been the most threatened president ever, and Americans are getting tired of that.

A RANT TO THE RANTER who is against adultery and Tiger Woods in Nike and Gatorade commercials. I also do not condone adultery; therefore, I dressed in a Nike shirt and sipped Gatorade to see the effect. I still do not condone adultery. Wow! Apparently these two products affect people in different ways. I also noticed that when people appeared in any commercial representing any product, I was not swayed to condemn them for any of their faults or transgressions.

IF WE ARE HAVING a lot of crime at Mullins Crossing why aren't we seeing it in the news? Evans crime needs reporting just like that in Richmond County.

I LIVE in a downtown apartment. Charge me to park and I will move. My neighbors all say the same thing.

GUEST COLUMNIST DICK POLMAN fails to recognize Sarah Palin's down-to-earth common sense. Or that Palin hasn't yet been in government long enough to get corrupted. Palin's apparent common sense makes her look better than anybody else for president, for now certainly.

THE RICHMOND COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD plans to focus on adopting standards that prepare students, build a data system to measure success, get and keep good teachers and turn-around lowest achieving schools. Isn't that what any school system should have been doing ever since it existed? The board just wants more money.

Harrisburgsurvivor
Harrisburgsurvivor 12/20/09 - 06:02 pm
Move from your downtown

Move from your downtown apartment because you are cheap. Someone with more class will move in you penny pincher!

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 06:31 pm
Thank you, AC.

Thank you, AC.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/20/09 - 06:33 pm
Cheap people living in

Cheap people living in Augusta/Richmond County? Say it ain't so.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 06:41 pm
The author of Rant #3 should

The author of Rant #3 should perhaps read more polling data to see what the majority of Americans are really tired of.

Georgialina
Georgialina 12/20/09 - 11:40 pm
To ranter #3- Who is getting

To ranter #3- Who is getting tired of it?? You maybe, but all Americans are not!! I thought the Psalm 109 was very good. So I for one am not tired of it.

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/21/09 - 12:22 am
some people don't have the

some people don't have the money to be SPLOST penny-ed, MOST penny-ed bum nickel and dimed AND NOW dollared to death!!! Harrisburgsurvivor, how about you take your fat purse downtown so someone can steal it? goodness. moron.

KSL
KSL 12/21/09 - 12:49 am
The most threatened pres? Has

The most threatened pres? Has he had a gun fired at him?

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/21/09 - 02:08 am
btw, harrisburg survivor,

btw, harrisburg survivor, more money doesn't equal more class. one only needs to ride through Windmill Plantation to see that fact.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/21/09 - 04:35 am
Could you elaborate a little

Could you elaborate a little about Windmill Plantation please,,you could be making my case for me...

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 12/21/09 - 09:16 am
just what standards are the

just what standards are the school board talking about?it can't be increased academic standards.the only standards they are referring to are the federal standards that will put them in the position to qualify to receive more federal education funding to waste on useless programs towards the "at-risk" youth.this is money THAT WILL BE thrown down a RAT HOLE!! as usual.this just exposes the real objectives of the school board..they are, nor have they ever been interested in academic achievement.if they were they would have implimented the learning model used at davidson/johnson/and walker, thier objective is to obtain as much state/federal education funding as possible.to impliment the magnet school learning model would mean decreased enrollment due to a incresed academic standards(which is sorely needed) as opposed to the current plan of "continiously dumbing down the curriculum" in order to maintain current enrollment levels to justify current/increased levels of federal funding to waste on useless, wasteful and ineffective programs,,,and of course football stadiums/b-ball gymnasiums for schools that can't even meet ayp..but as ms. cain sees it, everything is perfect in shang-ra-la

corgimom
corgimom 12/21/09 - 10:43 am
Ranter #4, that was great! My

Ranter #4, that was great! My thoughts exactly.

Kettle donations rise in 2014