Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

HEALTH CARE REFORM? I am wondering what words of enlightenment of the opposition we believe. The opponent, at the same interview, will say that the problem is that "we do not know what is in the bill," "the chairman has it hidden in his closet" -- and within the same discussion he will complain that it is a "bad bill for Americans," that is the bill he has just said that he has not had a chance to see or read. Which words are we to believe?

TO THE DRIVER of "ImAudi": River Watch Parkway is not the German autobahn. Slow down!

HUGE RAVES to Martinez Elementary School, and especially music teacher Kay Lovingood, for the daily Christmas caroling during student dropoff this week. How lovely to experience the true meaning of the holiday season via beautiful music. This parent is most appreciative and wishes the entire staff of MES a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

COLUMNIST MICHAEL Smerconish claims former government executives (such as Vice President Dick Cheney) should not tell the truth about their successors. When a president is choking us to death, it's hardly sensible for a previous vice president to remain quietly in the background.

ISRAEL'S INTELLIGENCE services are, by far, the best on Earth. When Iran gets the ability to hit Israel with a missile it will suddenly find it has been hit by Israel.

IN RESPONSE to the person who won't be purchasing any Nike or Gatorade products, I want to say, "Get a life." This whole ordeal with Tiger was blown out of proportion. Men and women have cheated since the beginning of time -- black and white, celebrities and everyday people. But God is the ultimate judge and not us, and I am so grateful for that.

CARLTON GARY was convicted of strangling three elderly women over 20 years ago. The Georgia judicial system continues to let this murderer live while playing legal games through appeals. Slow justice is no justice. Thanks, Georgia Supreme Court for no justice.

I TEACH PRE-K at Deer Chase Elementary, and my students' parents are just fantastic. Thanks to all of you for giving me a chance to work with your children and making Christmas special.

A GIANT RAVE to the Augusta West Dance Guild for its It's the Night Before Christmas show. What a great way to start the holiday season!

"CHRIST"MAS. Pretty clear. Christmas is all about Jesus. The "holidays" could include Hanukkah, New Year's or whatever else you want to call the time frame. I didn't hear the exact quote, but if Obama did in fact state, "Christmas is not about Jesus," then he is an idiot.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 10:29 pm
Preventive maintenance is a

Preventive maintenance is a good option. If only this had been addressed decades ago. The crisis stage that we find ourselves in today is due to the complete and utter lack of attention to the problem. All the CO2, methane, and nitrous oxide that has been building up for many years is now causing extreme problems. We are now standing at the edge of the abyss, so to speak, with our backs against the wall.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 10:34 pm
No offense, but sounds like

No offense, but sounds like Chicken Little material to me.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 10:35 pm
Unless ALL nations and

Unless ALL nations and citizens of Earth co-operate, it's not worth destroying our economy. And all citizens of Earth will never agree on anything.

gargoyle
gargoyle 12/19/09 - 10:47 pm
Jump bubbles jump ...... LOL

Jump bubbles jump ...... LOL

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 10:50 pm
The bubbles in my beer are

The bubbles in my beer are CO2, now what do I do? Oh I know, consume it then convert it to methane.....

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 10:52 pm
Where's a fart collector when

Where's a fart collector when you need her?

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 11:42 pm
UncleStom, you are right. I

UncleStom, you are right. I misspoke, although leaving out data to me to come to a conclusion is essentially the same thing as altering it. The result is the same. Thanks for the technical correction.

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 11:46 pm
Is Bubbles gasp's twin? Has

Is Bubbles gasp's twin? Has an Augusta State prof or whatever it calls itself now told two of his students to post idiocy here? Or horrors. Are they actual graduates?

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 11:50 pm
KSL, no biggie, I admitted it

KSL, no biggie, I admitted it was hare splitting. Umm, ummm, ummm, Hassenpfeffer!

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 11:51 pm
I am rolfmhhao, KSL. I'm

I am rolfmhhao, KSL. I'm almost ready to send you my email.

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 12:03 am
Just let me know. I have a

Just let me know. I have a special one that I publish just for here.

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 12:06 am
Poor rabbit, US.

Poor rabbit, US.

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 12:07 am
Please tell me it wasn't

Please tell me it wasn't Thumper.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 12/20/09 - 12:08 am
yes please give it to her,

yes please give it to her, then you can chit chat in the comfort of your own emails

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 12:10 am
LMAOOOL! @11:08pm. What a

LMAOOOL! @11:08pm. What a witty personality!

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/20/09 - 12:16 am
Don't worry, if I've anything

Don't worry, if I've anything to say about you, I'll just send it UPS.

SMITHA
SMITHA 12/20/09 - 01:12 am
You have to believe in

You have to believe in climate change if you are a supporter of all the other nonsense that is being spewed from this ridiculous political climate.

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 01:38 am
HH, despite your

HH, despite your unpleasantness directed toward me, I do wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 05:26 am
Here we go again, no R&R

Here we go again, no R&R column for the 20th in the online edition.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 08:46 am
A RANT for this "mother" -

A RANT for this "mother" - MERRITT ISLAND, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida mother is being criticized by bloggers and Twitter users for posting a tweet less than an hour after her 2-year-old son drowned in a swimming pool at her home.

Shellie Ross, a 38-year-old stay-at-home mother who lives outside Patrick Air Force Base where her husband serves, posted a message asking that people pray for her son after he had fallen into the family's swimming pool on Monday. Her son, Bryson, died at a hospital less than an hour after paramedics responded.

Ross has more than 5,000 followers on her Twitter account, Military-Mom, and she also maintains a blog, Blog4Mom.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 12/20/09 - 09:14 am
Strom, that is one of the

Strom, that is one of the preventable tragedies that we so often hear about. Child proof locking doors, pool surface alarms and most of all adults who are attentive to their children and supervise them. I see some such mothers (and fathers too) who seem to live on this blog and I pity their neglected kids. They seem to value the time spent tearing apart strangers post rather than quality time with their own kids. So sad............

Back to story
Back to story 12/20/09 - 02:16 pm
What in the world was that

What in the world was that woman doing blogging at a time like that?! She should have been there with her son. The woman has/had a small child, where would she have found the time to do all that Twitter/blogging? I hope that she has the book thrown at her!

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 07:13 pm
Who in their right mind has

Who in their right mind has the wherewithal to post on a computer after losing a child? It makes me wonder if she pushed him in.

KSL