Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

HEALTH CARE REFORM? I am wondering what words of enlightenment of the opposition we believe. The opponent, at the same interview, will say that the problem is that "we do not know what is in the bill," "the chairman has it hidden in his closet" -- and within the same discussion he will complain that it is a "bad bill for Americans," that is the bill he has just said that he has not had a chance to see or read. Which words are we to believe?

TO THE DRIVER of "ImAudi": River Watch Parkway is not the German autobahn. Slow down!

HUGE RAVES to Martinez Elementary School, and especially music teacher Kay Lovingood, for the daily Christmas caroling during student dropoff this week. How lovely to experience the true meaning of the holiday season via beautiful music. This parent is most appreciative and wishes the entire staff of MES a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

COLUMNIST MICHAEL Smerconish claims former government executives (such as Vice President Dick Cheney) should not tell the truth about their successors. When a president is choking us to death, it's hardly sensible for a previous vice president to remain quietly in the background.

ISRAEL'S INTELLIGENCE services are, by far, the best on Earth. When Iran gets the ability to hit Israel with a missile it will suddenly find it has been hit by Israel.

IN RESPONSE to the person who won't be purchasing any Nike or Gatorade products, I want to say, "Get a life." This whole ordeal with Tiger was blown out of proportion. Men and women have cheated since the beginning of time -- black and white, celebrities and everyday people. But God is the ultimate judge and not us, and I am so grateful for that.

CARLTON GARY was convicted of strangling three elderly women over 20 years ago. The Georgia judicial system continues to let this murderer live while playing legal games through appeals. Slow justice is no justice. Thanks, Georgia Supreme Court for no justice.

I TEACH PRE-K at Deer Chase Elementary, and my students' parents are just fantastic. Thanks to all of you for giving me a chance to work with your children and making Christmas special.

A GIANT RAVE to the Augusta West Dance Guild for its It's the Night Before Christmas show. What a great way to start the holiday season!

"CHRIST"MAS. Pretty clear. Christmas is all about Jesus. The "holidays" could include Hanukkah, New Year's or whatever else you want to call the time frame. I didn't hear the exact quote, but if Obama did in fact state, "Christmas is not about Jesus," then he is an idiot.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 12/19/09 - 12:51 pm
Besides, those days are long

Besides, those days are long gone, and glad of it.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 01:07 pm
As are we all.

As are we all.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 01:41 pm
I volunteer to take a DNA

I volunteer to take a DNA test, I can promise I am not snakey pete's father!

pommom38
pommom38 12/19/09 - 02:11 pm
Ah.. I see we're in rare form

Ah.. I see we're in rare form again today.. Hi everyone! What a wonderful day compared to yesterday!!
Did I see correctly this morning?? Obama boasting about this wonderful *climate* deal?? Sooo, it is more important to keep wasting tax dollar's flying your behind overseas worrying about *global warming*, than it is to stay in your own backyard and take care of business here???
W_H_A_T_E_V_E_R

corgimom
corgimom 12/19/09 - 03:21 pm
Rose, married couples in a

Rose, married couples in a war zone are not allowed to have relations- because nobody else gets to have their spouse there with them. It also endangers others. If there was an attack, and your spouse was there, would you do your job or protect your spouse? It's the same way in Offier Candidate School. This isn't anything new.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 03:29 pm
Who is Rose? I am

Who is Rose? I am happychimer. And I sure am happy tonight. I think I will get a glass of wine and celebrate.
Posted by happychimer on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 PM... wink wink.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 03:30 pm
What was the point in the

What was the point in the 11:27am post. Are you worried about deploying and getting preggers, Rose?
Posted by UncleStrom on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 PM...Strom you are stupid for saying that about me. Who do you think you are? I don't have to plan on being a prego in order to read a news article about pregos
Posted by happychimer on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:49 PM ... ok AC, there's the proof, how about banning it like you do all the rest who create additional accounts??

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 12/19/09 - 05:13 pm
The devil is your

The devil is your father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 12/19/09 - 05:16 pm
RIP?? You having fun

RIP?? You having fun obsessing about Happychimer?? dang..

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 05:17 pm
I am starting to think that

I am starting to think that you people know each other.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 05:54 pm
Lol Bubbles. Never met any of

Lol Bubbles. Never met any of them. Don't care to, and that's no slam against any of them.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 06:03 pm
Tiagra is nearly impossible

Tiagra is nearly impossible to get anywhere Uncle Strom. They don't make it in Canada because each tablet requires 0.17 picograms of fairy dust.

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 06:55 pm
Tiagra, the favorite drug of

Tiagra, the favorite drug of Tiger.

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 12/19/09 - 07:00 pm
I think I read a statistic

I think I read a statistic somewhere that stated 90+ percent of married military women married a fellow serviceman. SO, how about mandatory reverseable vasectomies (with free term sperm bank storage, just in case) for all active duty men. Stops unplanned out-of-wedlock pregnancies, which in turn prevents a lot of marriages of convenience where tho sole bind between the two is raging hormones. You want to get married, go ahead. If an active duty couple then chooses to have a child, one member MUST leave active duty (preferably both). At the end of the day, the services should be about one thing - fighting war. Children should not have to be asked to pay a life-altering tax by losing one, or heaven forbid, both parents. Additionally, It's pretty nuts that the services should be required to build a multibillion dollar family support infrastructure (housing, commissaries, exchanges, recreation, health care) on the back of the taxpayer. Trim it down, tighten it up, and bring it in focus.

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 07:35 pm
Too funny. Obama had to ride

Too funny. Obama had to ride in a motorcade instead of taking Marine 1 because of a winter storm, one of the worst in history, on his return from the Global Warming Hoax Conference. Hahaha.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 07:45 pm
You have much to learn KSL,

You have much to learn KSL, about climatic disruption.

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 07:50 pm
Nooo, I think it is you who

Nooo, I think it is you who has much to learn, Bubbles. PS, I can't help but think of Michael Jackson's "pet" when I see your name.

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 07:53 pm
Bubbly, I realize we can have

Bubbly, I realize we can have unusual storms at any time. My question for you is why do you choose to ignore the fact that evidence attempting to prove man made global warming has been fudged all over the globe. You people just seem to ignore the fact that evidence has been altered. Do you not seek the truth? No, guess not. For your agenda, the truth may be inconvenient.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 08:19 pm
TiskTiskTisk. Just claiming

TiskTiskTisk. Just claiming that evidence has been altered is an opinion, not based on science, and certainly a convenience for you. It will require some reading on your part to understand the science. You can't alter carbon isotopes KSL. Over the last 150 years, carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations have risen from 280 to nearly 380 parts per million (ppm). Identification of carbon isotopes has proven that the origin of the carbon is from burning fossil fuels or burning forests.

KSL
KSL 12/19/09 - 08:49 pm
Altering reported data is not

Altering reported data is not an issue for you? Are you a scientist, bubbles? Claiming alteration is not an opinion? Those altering it claimed to be doing it, by the way.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 08:55 pm
I don't believe the big issue

I don't believe the big issue was "altering data", the way I understand it what they did was omit data that did not support their pre-ordained hypotheses thereby altering the conclusions. That may be splitting hairs, but for the sake of accuracy.....

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 09:01 pm
Doesn't real science DISPROVE

Doesn't real science DISPROVE theory until only fact remains? I'm no scientist, claim not mastery of scientific method, but isn't that basic 8th grade stuff?

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 09:01 pm
Blind resistance is beneath

Blind resistance is beneath you my friend. Cling forever to the fleeting fame of those published excerpts of emails. Alas, it will be more difficult to admit the truth after so many protestations. The glaciers are melting. The ice sheets are thinning and disappearing. Extreme weather events like this snowstorm are evidence of what the scientists have been trying to tell us. Carbon isotopes are the smoking gun. "Get in the boat, we're here to save you."

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 09:05 pm
But Bubbles, what of the fact

But Bubbles, what of the fact our climate is cyclical? How do we know man is causing any exceptional change?

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 09:06 pm
Valid or not, the dumping of

Valid or not, the dumping of data must call into question the conclusions of those who destroyed it, no?

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 09:07 pm
Michael and his wife live in

Michael and his wife live in Minnesota. One winter morning while listening to WCCO, they hear the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even numbered side of the street, so the snowplow can get through." Michael's wife goes out and moves her car. A week later, while they were eating breakfast, the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd numbered side of the street so the snowplow can get through." Michael's wife goes out and moves her car again. The next week they are having breakfast again, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park......", then the electric power goes out. Michael's wife is very upset and, with a worried look on her face, she says, "Honey, I don' know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the plow can get through?" With the love and understanding in Michael's voice, like all the men who are married to blondes exhibit, Michael says, "Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 09:12 pm
There is no argument that

There is no argument that climate is cyclical and that sea levels fluctuated because of the cycles. 20,000 years ago we didn't have cities crowded down to the water on the coast, and hundreds of thousands of people relying on salt free drinking water. It's changed wouldn't you say, since then? We know that man is causing change because the source of Carbon in the CO2 has been traced by isotope studies to the burning of fossil fuel and forests. That, my friend, is how we know. And how do we affect the climate? By ACCELERATING CHANGE.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 09:18 pm
What of the natural emissions

What of the natural emissions of CO2 from undersea vents and volcanic activity? I do not disagree mankind must become more conscious of their effect on Earth, I strongly disagree with it's "crisis" status. I encourage alternative energy, I encourage recycling, I encourage conservation. I strongly disagree with cap & trade, even though I personally stand to gain potentially millions as owner of zero emitting corporation.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 09:24 pm
The sad fact is that the US

The sad fact is that the US is not the only polluter on the planet. Crippling ourselves while China is opening 8-10 coal fired generating plants per WEEK is like "spitting" in the ocean.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 09:27 pm
I'm not willing to tank our

I'm not willing to tank our economy and change my lifestyle unilaterally for something that will most likely have ZERO effect on the overall global climate. Another ill thought out half-baked hair-brained knee-jerk response to a perceived potential crisis by the wacko socialists.

Kettle donations rise in 2014