Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

HEALTH CARE REFORM? I am wondering what words of enlightenment of the opposition we believe. The opponent, at the same interview, will say that the problem is that "we do not know what is in the bill," "the chairman has it hidden in his closet" -- and within the same discussion he will complain that it is a "bad bill for Americans," that is the bill he has just said that he has not had a chance to see or read. Which words are we to believe?

TO THE DRIVER of "ImAudi": River Watch Parkway is not the German autobahn. Slow down!

HUGE RAVES to Martinez Elementary School, and especially music teacher Kay Lovingood, for the daily Christmas caroling during student dropoff this week. How lovely to experience the true meaning of the holiday season via beautiful music. This parent is most appreciative and wishes the entire staff of MES a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

COLUMNIST MICHAEL Smerconish claims former government executives (such as Vice President Dick Cheney) should not tell the truth about their successors. When a president is choking us to death, it's hardly sensible for a previous vice president to remain quietly in the background.

ISRAEL'S INTELLIGENCE services are, by far, the best on Earth. When Iran gets the ability to hit Israel with a missile it will suddenly find it has been hit by Israel.

IN RESPONSE to the person who won't be purchasing any Nike or Gatorade products, I want to say, "Get a life." This whole ordeal with Tiger was blown out of proportion. Men and women have cheated since the beginning of time -- black and white, celebrities and everyday people. But God is the ultimate judge and not us, and I am so grateful for that.

CARLTON GARY was convicted of strangling three elderly women over 20 years ago. The Georgia judicial system continues to let this murderer live while playing legal games through appeals. Slow justice is no justice. Thanks, Georgia Supreme Court for no justice.

I TEACH PRE-K at Deer Chase Elementary, and my students' parents are just fantastic. Thanks to all of you for giving me a chance to work with your children and making Christmas special.

A GIANT RAVE to the Augusta West Dance Guild for its It's the Night Before Christmas show. What a great way to start the holiday season!

"CHRIST"MAS. Pretty clear. Christmas is all about Jesus. The "holidays" could include Hanukkah, New Year's or whatever else you want to call the time frame. I didn't hear the exact quote, but if Obama did in fact state, "Christmas is not about Jesus," then he is an idiot.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 03:20 am

Thank you to the Pre-K teacher. It's nice to hear from a professional who loves her work.

robbie1
robbie1 12/19/09 - 05:03 am
Welcome back R&R. Missed

Welcome back R&R. Missed you. The rant on the health care debate is spot on. If you haven't had a chance to read it, how do you know you don't like it? I agree that our representatives don't know what's in it, and that is a BIG problem for me. If legislation is going to result in my taxation, and the legislators vote on the bill without a chance to read it, then "TO ME" this is paramount to taxation without representation. I'd be intersted to see what those in the legal industry think about that concept.

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 12/19/09 - 08:49 am
For Ranter #1; believe your

For Ranter #1; believe your own eyes- find the latest iteration of the bill on line for public review. If we can see it, so can all our representatives.

For the Ranter asking us to get a life and leave judgement to God. No. I will judge for myself what is acceptable behavior worth my endorsement to my children. I will not willingly let my family and friends slouch towards Gomorrah (or New York or LA for that matter). You can call me a puritan all you want. You can rail against me until you are blue in the face. Regardless. People of moral standards (and yes, I KNOW the flesh can be weak), who at least earnestly STRIVE for moral standards (and NO, you don't have be in the religious category to have strong morals) have to draw lines. Don't tell me to get a life if the world in which I am to live that life is corrupt and standardless.

amazed1
amazed1 12/19/09 - 09:37 am
Well said. Frankie-B

Well said. Frankie-B

BamaMan
BamaMan 12/19/09 - 10:02 am
Obama is not only an idiot,

Obama is not only an idiot, he is doomed to a place that I doubt he expects to end up.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 10:27 am
Bama, he will understand

Bama, he will understand "warming" with facts then, huh? ;-)

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 10:29 am
Look outside. The sun is

Look outside. The sun is shining. There are birds flying through the air and the wind is fresh and sweet.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 10:33 am
Yes, I check the weather

Yes, I check the weather every hour when I go out for a smoke. Thank you, though.

happychimer
happychimer 12/19/09 - 11:13 am
You Obama haters do not get

You Obama haters do not get to send him to h. What ever names you call him, you are naming yourselves.Real Christians do not brag about anyone going to h,

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 11:15 am
He'd put a Cap and Trade tax

He'd put a Cap and Trade tax penalty on the fire and brimstone. I don't even think Satan could support him. The ones that still do amaze me.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 11:17 am
Smoke a few more Uncle Strom.

Smoke a few more Uncle Strom. Jack up health care for the rest of us, whydontcha?

corgimom
corgimom 12/19/09 - 11:22 am
Here's what you can believe

Here's what you can believe about Medicare. It will go broke unless radical changes are made. It's not a Democrat or Republican thing. It will affect every person in America. All the people that don't want Medicare benefits touched- how will these benefits be financed in the future? What you paid into it no longer matters. What was done in the past no longer matters. It is now a crisis that cannot be ignored.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 11:22 am
Bubbles, I'm not the one

Bubbles, I'm not the one proposing that. I'm mad as heck at Bush for not fixing this when he had the chance by the way. Unfortunately, we are all in this together now that the gullible kook-aid drinkers put this charlatan of a marionette into the house at the end of Pennsylvania Ave. If I wanted Pelosi-Reid to be in charge, I'd have voted for them in a national election (which they would never have a chance in).

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 11:26 am
Bubbles, smokers pay more in

Bubbles, smokers pay more in sin taxes that are used towards general health care than is spent taking care of our miserable souls. Non small-cell lung cancer is a remarkably fast "cure".

bushwhacker
bushwhacker 12/19/09 - 11:47 am
poor chidren deserve health

poor chidren deserve health care.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 11:48 am
wacker, Why? So they can grow

wacker, Why? So they can grow up and create another entitlement generation? While I'm not a Darwinian, some of his points were very well made.

usafvet
usafvet 12/19/09 - 11:49 am
If we had the money that has

If we had the money that has been, misappropriated (stolen) by our representatives, given to companies that should have gone under, and doled out to non deserving individuals (social programs), we would be a debt free country. It is time for these sorry leeches to quit having illigitimate children, The same welfare grabbers are the base for dumbobama, reid, pelosi and such ilk.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/19/09 - 11:53 am
A RAVE FOR MCG...In the paper

A RAVE FOR MCG...In the paper today,,,The conversations neurons have as they form & recall memories have been decoded by scientists at Augusta based Medical College of Ga. this opens the door to objetive, thorough memory studies & even better therapies...Way to go Augusta..now who said Augusta didn't have smart folks...

happychimer
happychimer 12/19/09 - 11:55 am
So now US soldiers in

So now US soldiers in northern Iraq are in a pregnancy ban. So what happens if a man impregnates his wife? If she is a soldier, then bot will be in deep trouble. So much for the military caring for families.

Just me 2
Just me 2 12/19/09 - 11:56 am
Part of the public is also

Part of the public is also steeling money. They are lying and getting a government check and then....they working jobs getting paid in cash. Some people deserve to get disability pay but I SEE people taking advantage of the system everyday.

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 12:07 pm
You are so right Just me.

You are so right Just me.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 12/19/09 - 12:09 pm
10:17 LMAOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:17 LMAOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot

Bubblesup
Bubblesup 12/19/09 - 12:18 pm
On a lighter note, name that

On a lighter note, name that quote: "It has been predicted and it has been projected that the dam's about to bust. Get in the boat we're here to save you."

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 12:44 pm
Nice comeback @11:09. How

Nice comeback @11:09. How about frying up some hush puppy since you have nothing to add to a thread?

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 01:02 pm
Poor children deserve parents

Poor children deserve parents who will sacrifice to bring them out of poverty. They already get healthcare provided to them.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 01:13 pm
What was the point in the

What was the point in the 11:27am post. Are you worried about deploying and getting preggers, Rose?

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/19/09 - 01:16 pm
Whoever does it gets hazard

Whoever does it gets hazard pay, Strom.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/19/09 - 01:17 pm
There isn't that much Tiagra

There isn't that much Tiagra in the world, even buying the entire supply from Canada.

happychimer
happychimer 12/19/09 - 01:49 pm
Strom you are stupid for

Strom you are stupid for saying that about me. Who do you think you are? I don't have to plan on being a prego in order to read a news article about pregos