Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

HEALTH CARE BILL not supported by majority of citizens as polls have indicated. Why are the Senate and House of Representatives wasting time working on a health plan not supported by the public. Simply put, they are not listening to the people they're supposed to represent.

HEADLINE: "Winfrey to announce end of TV talk show." It's about time!

THE NEWSPAPER'S POLICY says thugs must be called "Mr.," but every day good guys are just called Smith or Jones. For example, two previously convicted goons are accused of an awful home invasion, but they are labeled "Mr." Murray and "Mr." Glenn. This is political correctness gone far overboard. It's a sickening "policy."

HEADLINE: "Financial adviser urges decision" to go ahead and borrow big "TEE center" bucks because interest rates are down some. Why borrow for something that's not absolutely essential, especially when everybody, including governments, is worse than broke, i.e., in the hole?

I LOVE this time of the year. Augusta is beautiful. It seems the ribbons on the wreaths have been in storage for a long time. I know it is expensive, but let's buy new ones next year. I remember when we had strings of lights back and forth across the street.

YOUR NOV. 20 EDITORIAL CARTOON jumps on "Wall Street," as do all media nowadays. There are definitely crooks on Wall Street, but every person who owns even one share of stock bought through the New York Stock Exchange also is part of Wall Street, and that includes a whole lot of Americans who are retired or who are saving up for retirement. Don't attack the whole army, just some corrupt generals.

IS ANYONE really surprised that a government health care task force would suggest women wait until after age 50 to start having annual mammograms? It is just a foretaste of rationed and delayed treatments under Obama/Pelosi Care.

OVERPAID RICHMOND SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT wants to raise the school dropout age. It could help, but it won't. What we need are parents who have the common sense to rear their kids right. And that's not happening. And as long as political correctness rules over common sense, it never will.

HAVE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA FANS turned into pigs? From the garbage dump, quadrangle photo on your sports page, it appears so. Why doesn't the university just send in the cops to arrest every single pig who litters at ball games?

IF THERE'S water on the moon, why is there no life there?

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 01:02 pm
dixie - Get with the program!

dixie - Get with the program! Who cares if the insurance is picking up part of the bill, as long as it's not outta your own pocket? That's the Obama way! Don't worry, let somebody else pay. LOL (yes, meant as a sarcastic humor attempt).

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/23/09 - 01:31 pm
Why are prisons going to get

Why are prisons going to get two hot meals a day, when men in the War Veteran's Home are being given cold meals that are supposed to be hot for about a year now? Some days they just get a sandwich and some sides for their evening meal. So prisoners are going to get better treatment than our Veterans?

happychimer
happychimer 11/23/09 - 01:52 pm
This video will bring tears

This video will bring tears to your eyes. I hope ya'll enjoy it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaC2Y8TCNFQ&feature=response_watch

SusieQ
SusieQ 11/23/09 - 01:56 pm
Falling Leaves-- True, the

Falling Leaves-- True, the prisoners get a lot better treatment than our service personal and War Veteran's Home. Have family that works at a prison and they are well fed, large TV's to watch,etc. They even have cook-outs!!!! I can remember when working close with a Veterans organization we did a project to get TV's for our Vets. JUST "AIN'T RIGHT". We also donate clothes for our homeless Vets, Why does the USA have homeless Vets?

justright
justright 11/23/09 - 01:59 pm
If you're speaking along the

If you're speaking along the lines of "political correctness", robbie, then crackerjack made a faux pas. Speaking in terms of common sense, honesty, and just plain ol' plaiyin' the odds, he was dead on. Good job crackerjack. Brass, brother.

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 02:04 pm
justright, crackerjack, here

justright, crackerjack, here is today's humor especially for y'all: In a recent survey carried out for a leading toiletries firm (Brut), people from Detroit and
Chicago have proved to be the most likely to have had sex in the shower!
In the survey, 86% of Detroit's and Chicago's inner city residents (almost all of whom are
registered Democrats) said that they have enjoyed sex in the shower.

The other 14% said they hadn't been to prison yet.

sugar babe 74
sugar babe 74 11/23/09 - 02:16 pm
mammograms? 50 has always

mammograms? 50 has always been the age for that unless cancer runs in the family or you develope some kind of problem

justright
justright 11/23/09 - 02:24 pm
Love it Jerry. I think that

Love it Jerry. I think that "14%" may be inflated, though.

dclark1983
dclark1983 11/23/09 - 03:57 pm
UGA fans would be better if

UGA fans would be better if Willie Martinez was fired. UGA VII died from a heart attack watching that defense perform the way it did.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/23/09 - 04:06 pm
If you don't have private

If you don't have private health insurance you don't have to worry about Eisenhower charging them. Why would you want it if you have the military paying for everything?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/23/09 - 04:08 pm
Jerry I posted the Pray for

Jerry I posted the Pray for Obama Psalms 108:9 and am not banned.

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 04:09 pm
ot - Cool! Didn't they at

ot - Cool! Didn't they at least delete it? I thought somebody chimed in and started that FBI nonsense again.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/23/09 - 04:09 pm
Oh and for those Obama fans

Oh and for those Obama fans that say I'm a racist because I don't agree with Obama's policies I say - I'm not a racist, I don't like his white half either.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/23/09 - 04:10 pm
Nope, I just looked and it's

Nope, I just looked and it's still there.

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 04:14 pm
ot - I must have had a "Vote

ot - I must have had a "Vote for Obama" moment. Good deal!

willienelson
willienelson 11/23/09 - 04:20 pm
I got my JB turkey today!!!

I got my JB turkey today!!!

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 04:28 pm
willie - Did they give you

willie - Did they give you the Ocean Spray cranberries sauce like they should have, or did you get some of that store brand stuff like I did?

willienelson
willienelson 11/23/09 - 04:35 pm
Axually, Jer, I tried to get

Axually, Jer, I tried to get them to cook mine. Buncha lazy rich folks. Was able to get a coupla 40's wit it though.

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 04:38 pm
And the oysters they gave me

And the oysters they gave me with the stuffing mix were in a can, not the fresh refridgerated ones with the crisp celery stalks on the side like I had requested in my email to Rev Al.

willienelson
willienelson 11/23/09 - 04:41 pm
Al will let a man down now.

Al will let a man down now. What did he ever do with the Cherry Tree 6 or whoever them boys were who put all them nooses in the trees? He let them down too???

willienelson
willienelson 11/23/09 - 04:45 pm
BBL, gotta run the corner and

BBL, gotta run the corner and p/u some pain mads. Party at willies house tonight....lol

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 11/23/09 - 05:04 pm
the only thing that rtaising

the only thing that rtaising the drop-out rate will accomplish is to insure that ms. cain and the other board members continue to receive the state/federal education funds to spend on wasteful, useless and ineffective programs that off little if any positive return on investment. just research the test scores and the number of traditional high schools that meet (or in the case of richmond county) FAIL TO MEET AYP...well you can always "dumb down" the curriculum in order to inflate graduation rates

Doyougetitnow
Doyougetitnow 11/23/09 - 06:01 pm
I've been dealing with EAMC

I've been dealing with EAMC since 1979, it wasn't so great back then, but it's greatly improved over the years. Back then, waiting all day to fill a prescription wasn't unheard of, today, it's minutes (especially since the addition of the PX Pharmacy). Every hospital has it's goods & bads, not just the military ones. Walter Reed had a problem & it was addressed far quicker than a civilian hospital would have been (a little harder to can an overpaid civilian with a contract & a golden parachute). EAMC has never had the issues that Walter Reed or Argon General (Ft McClellan) had, that I know of. As far as I can tell, it's a small percentage making the rest look bad, go figger.

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 06:09 pm
Doyou, we came here from "The

Doyou, we came here from "The greater beltway" area. We used Andrews AFB for anything other than the most routine clinic stuff that we used the Army post for. I've seen the DC area care vs what we are blessed with in Augusta with all our medical facilities available for consults etc if necessary. I'm still here by choice after my uniform time concluded.

KSL
KSL 11/23/09 - 06:14 pm
Insurance is like everything

Insurance is like everything else. You get what you pay for. We probably over the years have paid somewhat more than others with other companies for auto and homeowners' insurance. And we have had claims over the years, including car break-ins and lightening damage several times. Never have we had the first argument or denial. The same goes for our health insurance. And it is extremely pricey. But when my symptomless husband was pronounced to need open heart surgery (not by-pass) to repair defects that would most likely cut short his life, shorter than 80 plus years, our insurance company paid without the first peep. The best advice my mother ever gave me, having worked for attorneys, was that you don't want the cheapest insurance you can find. Because when you need it, you want it to be there. And believe it or not, there are companies that pay up. Once again, Medicare has the highest denial rate.

KSL
KSL 11/23/09 - 06:15 pm
And it's going to get higher

And it's going to get higher if 0 has his way.

digmick
digmick 11/23/09 - 06:18 pm
Where does one get the

Where does one get the knowledge that the healthcare bill isn't supported by the majority of Americans?

blackjackcool1
blackjackcool1 11/23/09 - 06:20 pm
Vote every last incumbent out

Vote every last incumbent out in 10 and 12---Past time for a new page!

JerryAtrick
JerryAtrick 11/23/09 - 06:20 pm
Rasmussen, Gallup, Fox, CNN,

Rasmussen, Gallup, Fox, CNN, Politico, ABC, NBC,USA Today etc. polls, take your pick..... how is my favorite Irish undertaker?

blackjackcool1
blackjackcool1 11/23/09 - 06:21 pm
Let's see 1200 turkeys

Let's see 1200 turkeys donated and only 1000 given out---was the other 200 what the rev had in the croker cotton sheet he was loading in his caddy escalade?