Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A COMMENT TO Mr. Fennoy. He lost my vote by calling my phone number and soliciting a vote last Saturday during the Georgia football game.

THIS IS FOR THE lady's house at Aumond Place off of Walton Way where my kids went trick or treating on Oct. 31. She would not give them any candy because they did not have a costume. Maybe she should think that sometimes some parents cannot afford to buy a costume, and this was the case with me and my three kids. I think it was very rude.

A HUGE RANT FOR Brandon Spikes of the Florida Gators. They deserved to win the game, but he should be suspended indefinitely as a football player, period.

THIS IS A RANT against Mr. Lindsey Graham, our senator from the state of South Carolina. If you want to be a Democrat, go be one. You will not be getting my vote in the next election.

TO THE WRITER of the letter to the editor Nov. 5, Gil Ward, I applaud you. Right on the money. You told the truth about homosexuality. I agreed with every word you wrote.

TO THE PERSON IN the small blue car that bumped into the rear end of me on Bel Air Road close to Cox Road: I know that traffic was bad and that we couldn't go nowhere, but I pulled into the filling station. Why didn't you pull in behind me instead of taking off like a bat out of hell?

WHAT MAKES SENSE to me sometimes is people do stupid things. Highway cleanup, sure, it needs to be done because people are too lazy to pick up after themselves. If everybody would clean up after themselves, we wouldn't need highway cleanup. Stop cigarette butts and trash out the window. Keep a bag in your car and put your trash in that bag.

RANT FROM North Augusta. More traffic comes in the entrance of Pisgah Road in one day than goes in Hammond's Ferry in a month. The streets in Hammond's Ferry don't have any gravel or debris on them, but Pisgah Road does.

WE AND OUR allies won World War II because all the people joined the fight against the enemy. We have not won any wars since because now you are a Republican or you are nothing, or you are a Democrat or you are nothing. I'm so glad that Americans were different back then.

BEING A WHITE Harrisburger of the '50s and '60s, Fennoy needs to be run out of town. He's the biggest racist I've ever seen. This is 2009. Get a clue.

Comments (106)

sassylassie
sassylassie 11/09/09 - 10:44 pm
gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 10:56 pm

old man river - I guess you

old man river - I guess you wouldn't think much of combining Memorial Day and Veteran's Day and celebrating everything on the 4th of July.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 10:57 pm

LOL springwater @8:42, and

LOL springwater @8:42, and lol at your comment to KSL!! W00t!

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 11:00 pm

Oh brother..........

Oh brother..........

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 11:03 pm

Actually,gasping, I am not

Actually,gasping, I am not into stereotyping. I hate generalizations. I do like honesty. Have you answered my question yet? In not answering it, you have answered it by default. Your lack of an answer is so very telling as are your comments.

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 11:06 pm

Don't be taken in by the

Don't be taken in by the Vera's of the world. She is a pathetic loser who gets her jollies from dissing on people who formerly befriended her sorry rear.

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 11:07 pm

In fact, she and her bud

In fact, she and her bud didn't appreciated the last stand for them.

old man river
old man river 11/09/09 - 11:08 pm

Ga springwater--maybe you

Ga springwater--maybe you don't understand that the 4th is Independence Day, celebrating our freedom from the British. Or did that one pass you by? And maybe memorial day slipped passed you because that is the day we honor those that have lost their lives in service of their country. Maybe you're just a little ...well, somebody that doesn't deserve an answer. A pissant is what I think you are.

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 11:16 pm

FYI, it doesn't matter what

FYI, it doesn't matter what the topic is, Vera and the chimer and RCR are going to disagree with me out of pure animosity on their parts. They are beyond discussing issues civilly. They are the most professing of love and kindness, hating people I have ever had the misfortune of knowing.

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 11:19 pm

old man river - Holidays are

old man river - Holidays are just a day off work for most people and they never give a thought to what they are anymore. Just like Sundays. Not only Columbia county schools but Veteran's Day is not a holiday for the states' colleges either.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 11:20 pm

Dang KSL...you're on a roll

Dang KSL...you're on a roll tonight aren't you? Good. My job is done. Going to bed now..gotta long day tomorrow. Nite nite.

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 11:21 pm

Sleep tight.

Sleep tight.

old man river
old man river 11/09/09 - 11:22 pm

It is in Richmond Cty...

It is in Richmond Cty...

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/09/09 - 11:29 pm

It is for the rest of the

It is for the rest of the Columbia County Government too.

happychimer
happychimer 11/10/09 - 12:45 am

Vera you got that right. She

Vera you got that right. She is on a roll. Can't keep from asking questions and demanding answers. She is not worth my time. nite nite

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/12/09 - 03:30 pm

SayNoMore re: your 3:43 Nov 9

SayNoMore re: your 3:43 Nov 9 and your comment to me the other day about the man hit on Jeanne Road, that was no geezer. That was the father of some of my high school classmates, SayNoMore. He had just come back from trips to Germany and North Dakota and gets killed in front of his own mailbox. Trying to survive here should qualify for combat pay. SayNoMore, try to be a little more considerate if not more sensitive!