Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A COMMENT TO Mr. Fennoy. He lost my vote by calling my phone number and soliciting a vote last Saturday during the Georgia football game.

THIS IS FOR THE lady's house at Aumond Place off of Walton Way where my kids went trick or treating on Oct. 31. She would not give them any candy because they did not have a costume. Maybe she should think that sometimes some parents cannot afford to buy a costume, and this was the case with me and my three kids. I think it was very rude.

A HUGE RANT FOR Brandon Spikes of the Florida Gators. They deserved to win the game, but he should be suspended indefinitely as a football player, period.

THIS IS A RANT against Mr. Lindsey Graham, our senator from the state of South Carolina. If you want to be a Democrat, go be one. You will not be getting my vote in the next election.

TO THE WRITER of the letter to the editor Nov. 5, Gil Ward, I applaud you. Right on the money. You told the truth about homosexuality. I agreed with every word you wrote.

TO THE PERSON IN the small blue car that bumped into the rear end of me on Bel Air Road close to Cox Road: I know that traffic was bad and that we couldn't go nowhere, but I pulled into the filling station. Why didn't you pull in behind me instead of taking off like a bat out of hell?

WHAT MAKES SENSE to me sometimes is people do stupid things. Highway cleanup, sure, it needs to be done because people are too lazy to pick up after themselves. If everybody would clean up after themselves, we wouldn't need highway cleanup. Stop cigarette butts and trash out the window. Keep a bag in your car and put your trash in that bag.

RANT FROM North Augusta. More traffic comes in the entrance of Pisgah Road in one day than goes in Hammond's Ferry in a month. The streets in Hammond's Ferry don't have any gravel or debris on them, but Pisgah Road does.

WE AND OUR allies won World War II because all the people joined the fight against the enemy. We have not won any wars since because now you are a Republican or you are nothing, or you are a Democrat or you are nothing. I'm so glad that Americans were different back then.

BEING A WHITE Harrisburger of the '50s and '60s, Fennoy needs to be run out of town. He's the biggest racist I've ever seen. This is 2009. Get a clue.

TroubIe
TroubIe 11/09/09 - 05:26 pm
gaspingforair, i never ever

gaspingforair, i never ever said i have any confidence in washington at all.......learn to read, never mind, you are hopeless, i give up, talk to yourself.............

pommom38
pommom38 11/09/09 - 05:49 pm
Geez people. While I do agree

Geez people. While I do agree that it doesn't take a ton of money or creativity to make your own costume, I find it a tad harsh that you're ragging about location! When we were kids, and many kids around here now, we had to be taken elsewhere to trick or treat. Not all *areas* have home's that hand candy out, or enough home's. I find nothing wrong with kids wandering into other areas to get candy.
And what exactly is *good* candy?? Candy is freakin candy. Geez.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 06:35 pm
springwater, I applaud you

springwater, I applaud you and the class you have shown today while debating with SayNoMore..while he belittled you and was his usual charming self, you stayed cool and diplomatic. It takes a real man of character to post that way, after being subjected to the likes of 'it'..and to think you did not have to use words like 'drool' 'bored', 'blissful'...

NowhereManny
NowhereManny 11/09/09 - 06:40 pm
I did not observe much of a

I did not observe much of a debate. gasping kept presenting factually incorrect information and SayNoMore had to keep pointing it out. Is that how losers "debate"?

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 06:41 pm
...and words like 'hopeless'

...and words like 'hopeless' and 'learn to read'...from T. These folks can't just disagree with you, they gotta MAKE YOU feel like crap personally..It's all personal.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 06:43 pm
I'm not saying who was wrong

I'm not saying who was wrong or right MANNY..I'm talking about resorting to personal name calling...does not matter who is wrong or right. Can you please explain to me what being wrong or right has to do with cruelty???????????????? I applaud springwater..cuz after a certain point, I would have given it right back.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 06:46 pm
it's still called a debate

it's still called a debate duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NowhereManny
NowhereManny 11/09/09 - 06:46 pm
Fair enough if that's the way

Fair enough if that's the way you feel. Your feelings are yours and yours alone.

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 07:07 pm
Vera Donavon - Thank you Vera

Vera Donavon - Thank you Vera and you're very kind and I'll hush.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/09/09 - 07:35 pm
No costume, no candy. We're

No costume, no candy. We're celebrating Halloween, not handing out charitable gifts. We had six foot teenagers coming back several times, no costume, begging for the Halloween pencils we were giving out. We gave them to them, since we thought maybe they really needed them for school. In our neighborhood that was a good possibility. But we decided to have private parties after that, because it was awkward and made us uncomfortable.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 11/09/09 - 07:39 pm
Not giving candy to trick or

Not giving candy to trick or treaters who can't be bothered/not bright enough to put on a costume? Heinous. Blame it on Bush.

TroubIe
TroubIe 11/09/09 - 07:46 pm
if my words make

if my words make gaspingforair feel like crap personally, he needs alot of help, vera apparently i have more faith in him than you do, your posts seem to me to be much more insulting to him than mine were.....maybe you should be talking about yourself there

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 07:56 pm
Yet another name change, from

Yet another name change, from a member of the little clique who often speak about others' name changes.

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 07:57 pm
How many name changes have

How many name changes have you had now, Angie? How many because you had to? How many because of mood swings?

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 07:58 pm
Never mind answering. It's

Never mind answering. It's not important.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 11/09/09 - 08:01 pm
KSL maybe it was because she

KSL maybe it was because she got busted out the other night. Is that the pattern? LOL

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 08:10 pm
Trouble? What are you

Trouble? What are you talking about?? I was not insulting springwater???

Doyougetitnow
Doyougetitnow 11/09/09 - 08:20 pm
gaspingforair, Reagan brought

gaspingforair, Reagan brought the wall & the Soviet Union down. I was there when it came down (my Father in law was there when it went up AND came down). Russia put it up, WE... Americans, brought it down. Don't try to rewrite history. The Germans I met on those two days wanted a reunited Germany. Trabant, Car of the Year for 1989. Thousands of East Germans drove them into West Germany, parked & walked away. I (being military) still had to drive the Helmstedt Autobahn (controlled by the Russians) to get there; that was a real experience. But worth the risk. East German cops were a trip.

corgimom
corgimom 11/09/09 - 08:26 pm
We quit doing Trick or Treat

We quit doing Trick or Treat when we had people show up at the door dressed like gang members- and they weren't wearing costumes.

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 08:47 pm
Doyouknowitknow. We were

Doyouknowitknow. We were fortunate enough to meet an East Germain girl living in what has been West Germany some years ago. I didn't get to meet any West Germans during our short vacation. All I know is that the one East German girl we met was very grateful that the wall came down and that the US was responsible. And as an aside, on a day trip to France, the French girl who happened upon us by sure luck in Strasbourg, and who had known my son when she was an exchange student in the US, spent much time thanking us for liberating France.

disssman
disssman 11/09/09 - 08:48 pm
Well said georgialina. What

Well said georgialina. What the complainer forgot is, the fun of making a costume for the kids and then going out with them. I don't have kids around anymore but I sure like to see the little ones in their costumes, especially if they think they are scaring you.

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 09:13 pm
Vera Donavon & Trouble: Love

Vera Donavon & Trouble: Love you both and I have no problem. Thanks for your concern. I even like SayNoMore too. He's good fun.

mable8
mable8 11/09/09 - 09:24 pm
Ranter: "...If everybody

Ranter: "...If everybody would clean up after themselves, we wouldn't need highway cleanup. Stop cigarette butts and trash out the window. Keep a bag in your car and put your trash in that bag." I see more people toss the burger wrappings, soda containers, and wadded up paper more than the 'cigarette butts.' I do carry a bag in my car for the trash and also would like to see less of the trash on the streets and hiways.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/09/09 - 09:27 pm
Ahhh..gaspring...you are a

Ahhh..gaspring...you are a good sport indeed. However, please allow me to beg to differ on THAT note!(the part that says 'he's good fun') LOL @8:13

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 09:36 pm
Doyougetitnow - Thanks for

Doyougetitnow - Thanks for answering. Germans were long separated by the war and they wanted reunification. I know it was the experience of a lifetime to be there when the wall crumbled. But I do have my doubts about Reagan being a causative factor in the wall coming down. Reagan's biggest contribution was his movie moment - Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall. That surely made him a hero of the conservatives but it was Gorbachev that got the Nobel Peace Prize - not Reagan.

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 09:42 pm
Vera Donavon - You certainly

Vera Donavon - You certainly have strange tastes if you don't enjoy hitting a bull in the derriere with a base fiddle

KSL
KSL 11/09/09 - 09:57 pm
Just goes to show the idiocy

Just goes to show the idiocy of those awarding the Peace Prize yet another time. You, gasping, are a child who does not remember Reagan spending to drive them into bankruptcy. Will you answer my question? How old are you? You have avoided answering countless times. Are you ashamed of your age?

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 10:27 pm
Doyougetitnow - Please read a

Doyougetitnow - Please read a TIME magazine article. It does not give Reagan much credit for the Berlin wall coming down.

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 11/09/09 - 10:34 pm
KSL - Sounds like you're into

KSL - Sounds like you're into stereotyping people - the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker. Free up your gray matter!

old man river
old man river 11/09/09 - 10:42 pm
As a Marine Vet, I cannot

As a Marine Vet, I cannot believe Columbia CTY schools are open on Veteran's Day, especially while our country is at war. Let's honor MLK, days AFTER Jan 1st, and all the other crap but send a message to the people that fight to keep this country strong..let's give them the finger?!?!!? Not my child in a Columbia County School, she will be out and we will celebrate. Semper Fi to all of my fella Marines! To all of my Gulf War vets, I am proud to have stood on the front with you all.

Nunn attacks Perdue in Senate debate

ATLANTA -- Michelle Nunn was less than halfway through her opening remarks in Thursday's Senate debate when she began attacking David Perdue.