Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

LYING HEADLINE: "Economy grows by 3.5%." Since the only thing that grew was government, which is not private, the private sector didn't grow.

OF THE FOUR District 1 commission candidates, one wants to bring his religion into politics; another wants to be nice and hold town meetings. That leaves "Fists" Fennoy and "Shotgun" Palmer, both of whom are ... tough enough for the job. Mr. Fennoy has political connections in Augusta-Richmond County. That's why I intend to vote for Mr. Palmer.

A RAVE TO the band KISS for showing its support and appreciation to our troops at the VA medical center. I hope now that those that see them as a negative example will realize that they are not such bad people. They are the greatest band in the world.

I THINK WOODY MERRY is doing a wonderful job. ... I say Woody Merry for mayor. This is the type of leadership we need. All the individuals that attempt to run for commission or any other leadership in our government ... once they lose, you never hear anything else from them until it's time to run again.

LOOK, PEOPLE, get over people smoking. We are going to keep smoking, and nobody's going to stop us. You raised the taxes, and we still smoke. Just get over it and find something else to talk about.

NEWCOMERS TO Augusta: This is where the morons, bigots and ignoramuses meet daily. Most of us living around here are not like them. It goes without saying that we don't agree with the editors of this fishwrapper/rag.

I'D LIKE TO SEND a huge rave to the citizen fed up with kids that can't behave. But in my opinion we should give them a task that will help the whole community, like letting them clean our streets and help feed the needy.

A STANDING OVATION to the Celtic Woman show at the Bell Auditorium. It is probably by far the most beautiful show touring today, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second. These shows will bring the patrons back to the auditoriums.

I SINCERELY HOPE that the management of the new library downtown will purchase a dozen decks of playing cards. This would then eliminate the dozen individuals who are always tying up the Internet-accessible computers playing solitaire.

Emerydan
Emerydan 11/03/09 - 03:21 am
Vote Today People. Vote for

Vote Today People. Vote for change in Augusta. Vote Against the special Interests running this city at our expense. Vote BUTCH! www.ButchForAugusta.org

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 11/03/09 - 03:25 am
To the Smoking Ranter, please

To the Smoking Ranter, please get over yourself. Most don't care if you want to smoke, why you want to smoke, how often you wish to smoke or what brand you choose to smoke. However, when it comes to where you want to smoke, don't think it is ok to breath that obnoxious, poisonous and terrible smelling smoke anywhere around me as that is not your right. It is bad enough that those who know you still have to put up with the terrible smell in your clothes, hair, hands, and often times in your car but that just comes with knowing you. And, if you happen to be the parent of a child, why in the world would you subject your children to second hand cigarette smoke, even if you don't believe it is dangerous, absolutely nothing good can come of it and it is terrible parenting. Smoke all you want, just don't do it where your pleasure intrudes on my being able to breathe air without additional carcinogens and terrible smells. And, although the general public could care less if you want to suck on cancer sticks but I would bet those who love you simply wish you cared more about yourself than you do.

SayNoMore
SayNoMore 11/03/09 - 03:31 am
To the last ranter, good

To the last ranter, good idea. If they would allow the X-Mart to open, the library could purchase the "risque" playing cards too and eliminate that additional internet distraction.

SayNoMore
SayNoMore 11/03/09 - 04:10 am
Asitis - When did you stop

Asitis - When did you stop smoking? I love the sanctimonious preaching from the born-again and the "reformed". For anybody still trying to beat the addiction, try NAET. It will fix everything except a lack of functional grey matter so I've heard.

omnomnom
omnomnom 11/03/09 - 04:26 am
Asitis. how about a

Asitis. how about a compromise? you leave off the chanel or the english leather (whichever suits your persuasion), and i'll be more than happy to make sure I'm downwind of you. Perfume is ten times worse for some people than cigarette smoke. I think I'll go roll me up a Bugler now. Mmm.. loose leaf tobacco.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 11/03/09 - 06:26 am
ahhhhhhhhh....same merry

ahhhhhhhhh....same merry posters with the same merry jovial posts..btw..snicker @ rant #6. Please don't blame them. Its the way they were raised, and their parents were raised....so on......

bettyboop
bettyboop 11/03/09 - 08:52 am
newcomers to Augusta.

newcomers to Augusta. Welcome! This is where you are (somewhat) able to voice your opinon on many matters but please be aware if you disagree with any of the local libbys you will be branded a racist....(they have not figured out the meaning of the word yet)...they be a bit slow down here..it's the way they were raised....

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 11/03/09 - 08:59 am
I encourage all

I encourage all newcomers/residents to NOT subscribe to the Chronicle, and NOT read this crap online, your minds will get warped from all the right wing rehetoric it spews. Augusta is a RACIST city (those online that is) so don't get caught up in the black white issues as there are MANY ONLINE. Oh and as a tidbit the chronicle just sold a good portion of their worth to stay afloat (to keep publishing/printing LOL). OMG I hope this paper folds soon, I for one will be LAUGHING.

C-atbest
C-atbest 11/03/09 - 09:04 am
To the newcomers of this

To the newcomers of this area: 3 years of searching and I still haven't found a decent bowl of chili. Pfft and everyone else thought they had something to whine about. Chili is important, folks! (and the best, naturally, is in Texas)

REDRIDER
REDRIDER 11/03/09 - 09:23 am
Get out and Vote People!

Get out and Vote People!

MadSnapper
MadSnapper 11/03/09 - 09:30 am
Good Chili, like beauty, is

Good Chili, like beauty, is in the eye (mouth) of the beholder. And jackfruit this online posting given to you for free by the AC apparently is one of the highlights of yours and many other people's lives, based on the amount of posts you all put out there. So I don't think you want this paper to fold, you and the others will have no forum to continue the same old tired discourse you all have been promoting ad infinitum. Come up with something new why don't ya'll? None of you is going to change anyone's mind about Obama, race, religion or abortion by making the same old tired arguments and name calling. Now C-atbest we can seriously debate chili, but there is probaly no way I could convince you that Cincinnati chili is better than Texas chili, or that my chili is better than yours, unless you tasted it of course.

willienelson
willienelson 11/03/09 - 09:56 am
While I acknowledge everone's

While I acknowledge everone's right to smoke, one must admit that nothing good comes of smoking. I quit smoking initially for business reasons. While in a sales conference where we moved from one manufacturer's table to the next every 12 minutes I was received warmly at each table until my first break. I hurried outside and had a couple of cigarettes. When I returned to the next table, leaned foward and stuck my hand out I couldn't help but notice everyone drew back from me. I stank. You do too!

xanadu
xanadu 11/03/09 - 10:02 am
betty: i have written the AC

betty: i have written the AC and asked if they would please educate the local masses, many of whom seem unable to detect the difference between 'racism' and 'hypocrisy'. unfortunately, i've yet to see the article.

xanadu
xanadu 11/03/09 - 10:03 am
Asitis: and what' YOUR bad

Asitis: and what' YOUR bad habit? or are you so perfect, you have none?

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 11/03/09 - 10:09 am
I have got to get up to Bens

I have got to get up to Bens Chilli Bowl in DC.

xanadu
xanadu 11/03/09 - 10:17 am
jackfruit: please go, and

jackfruit: please go, and stay, i am sure you'll fit in.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 11/03/09 - 10:19 am
fruitpaper? where will you

fruitpaper? where will you comment then? You gave me a good laugh for the morning. Are you bi-polar, by chance?

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 11/03/09 - 10:23 am
And bettyboop? What do you

And bettyboop? What do you mean "the way they were raised"?
Honey, you must realize there are dumazzes everywhere in the world? Some of them just come down here because they didn't really like where they came from to start with. You're here...love it or leave it!

xanadu
xanadu 11/03/09 - 10:35 am
ranter number six: yes, but

ranter number six: yes, but you read it every day, don't you? read it so much to the point where you actually wrote or called in to the paper, so i guess you must like it.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/03/09 - 10:39 am
sugarbutton, you forgot, some

sugarbutton, you forgot, some of them came down here because they were run out of where they were to start with, and should have kept going!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/03/09 - 10:40 am
As for jackfruitbasket, he

As for jackfruitbasket, he has so many personalities on here he doesn't know when to Toot or Hello!

C-atbest
C-atbest 11/03/09 - 10:59 am
There is a place in DC (I

There is a place in DC (I think it's the aforementioned Ben's Chili Bowl but many years have passed since last I was in DC) that really does have some incredible chili dogs (this is the place that was spared during the riots?). In addition to a lack of good chili in Augusta, clam f-ing chowder! Seriously, [filtered word] do youse peoples eat when it's cold outside? *If Jackchilibasket is talking about the place I think he is then y'all need to cut him some slack, dude's got good taste.

Roeschen
Roeschen 11/03/09 - 11:06 am
I don't like cigarette smoke,

I don't like cigarette smoke, it stinks. The dangers of smoking are well publicized, anyone who continues is playing russian roulette with his/her life. But some perfumes, aftershaves, colognes, etc are deadly to many people, me included. I wish people would use them with moderation. BTW, taking a shower and washing with soap and water gets rid of stinky body odor so less scent is needed.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/09 - 11:28 am
Roeschen, I support 100% of

Roeschen, I support 100% of your past post. I just have to make a negative comment on the perfumes, aftershave's, colognes remark. I do agree that some people may be allergic to them, but don't we have many other major issues to resolve before we outlaw these smells. It almost sounds like "cutting off the water for the farmers in CA to save a 2" minnow."

SayNoMore
SayNoMore 11/03/09 - 11:35 am
C-minus - Here is a friendly

C-minus - Here is a friendly hint - "We don't care how they do it in Tejas or DC". This afternoon I will be joined by some friends to sit around on my porch and enjoy some award-winning (I have the trophies to prove it) venison chili and cornbread washed down with cold cans of domestically produced liquid grains. We will be smoking cigarettes and stinking up the neighborhood too..... Seriously, give the she-crab soup at French Market Grille a try as an alternative to chowder. Down here we eat Brunswick stew to "keep warm", try it if you haven't already.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/03/09 - 11:47 am
Don't forget the Gumbos and

Don't forget the Gumbos and Low Country Boils along with roasted oysters. C- if it's TexMex you really have a taste for I can make some pretty mean chorizo and beans, guaranteed to cause a flutterblast!!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/03/09 - 11:53 am
I find it commendable that

I find it commendable that the ranter complaining about this newspaper being a fishwrapperrag had his rant posted. That's one of the reasons I like this newspaper. If the AC was really a fishwrapperrag, I doubt his rant would have been listed.

SayNoMore
SayNoMore 11/03/09 - 11:55 am
CBBP - We failed to mention

CBBP - We failed to mention Shrimp Grits!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/03/09 - 12:03 pm
SNM we don't want him to

SNM we don't want him to stay, just recognize the error of his ways before he goes back!~! Shrimp and Grits, done right, has caused more than a few marriages. Can you just imagine how many unsuspecting men have tasted that heavenly dish and uttered "I love You" before they realized what they were saying? And how many women who prepared it thought the men were talking to them!!! My God Man, Shrimp and Grits are the glue that hold many marriages together. Without that can you really fathom how many rich divorce lawyers we'd have around here??

SayNoMore
SayNoMore 11/03/09 - 12:09 pm
CBBP - LOL! You ain't just

CBBP - LOL! You ain't just whistlin' Dixie there, Boy!