Rants and raves

A RANT to the early-morning commuters that like to rip through the Weinberger's parking lot just so you can avoid being stopped by the light. We employees of Georgia Bank &Trust are going to get hit by one of you one of these days. Speed bumps are there for you to slow down, not to speed up and go around!

MY PERSONAL THANKS to the kind person that sent in the comment about North and South folks all being born under that same God. That is so true. If we would obey the command of our Savior that "they will know you are my disciples if you have love, one toward another," amazing what that could bring about.

TO THE PERSON who sends a rant in each and, it seems, every day defending the Obama administration. We are not all against Obama. There are those of us who feel the president has been going down the wrong path in some areas. So, please, enough is enough. You are becoming extremely boring. Remember, we have a right to our opinion, too.

THIS IS A RANT for Sheriff Ronnie Strength talking about the good service we're getting. The gangsters took over Applebee's in south Augusta. Now they are taking over IHOP, dealing drugs in the parking lot. We can't get a decent grocery store or restaurant in south Augusta because everybody's afraid of the gangsters and they won't build out here. So what am I getting for my tax dollars? I'll tell you what I'm getting. I'm getting out of south Augusta.

I SEE WHERE the Obama administration doesn't think that Fox is a news organization. I think that CNN and MSNBC are afraid to ask questions. Fox is the only true news organization left.

IF WE HAD anything resembling a real justice system, Mark McClain would have been put to death a long time ago. Instead, we have a system that rewards lawyers with an obscene amount of pay for dragging out an appeals case in court for a long time.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE. Mark McClain out and out murdered an individual. We have no deterrent anymore in the United States. That's why every day you have murders, rapes, child abuse and all that. Everybody out there protesting for this murderer ought to be slapped.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 05:18 am
A RAVE to Soupy Sales for all

A RAVE to Soupy Sales for all the pies in the face and laughs over the years. RIP!

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 06:05 am
Lest we forget - On this date

Lest we forget - On this date in 1983, suicide bomb attacks on peacekeeping troops in Beirut killed 241 U.S. Marines and 58 French soldiers. Semper Fidelis!

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 06:53 am
.........anyway. LOL at the

.........anyway. LOL at the last rant!

TroubIe
TroubIe 10/23/09 - 06:54 am
to the 5th rant....do you

to the 5th rant....do you really think that if they turn the augusta mall into a jail, people will shop there??? i personally have never thought "hmmm, i need some new clothes, let me run down to 401 walton way and see what i can find".......

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 06:57 am
To the third ranter. The

To the third ranter. The whiny, whining, sulking, evil, remarks coming from the Cons are BORING TOO! OK? lol, oh, boy.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:00 am
Seems to me..I remember

Seems to me..I remember someone mentioning in the past, the Regency Mall (you know, that has been sitting vacant for yyyyyyears) should be turned into a jail. I've never heard mention of the Augusta Mall.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:02 am
Which by the way is down

Which by the way is down right idiotic. I've never encountered problems with folks at Augusta Mall. I think some of you folks are just uppity, and go shopping there digging for stuff to complain about.

skimpy159
skimpy159 10/23/09 - 07:02 am
LOL undoubtly doesn't realize

LOL undoubtly doesn't realize it, but "it's" usuall blather is rather boring also!

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 07:05 am
skimpy - C'mon - She is a

skimpy - C'mon - She is a "cool chick once you get to know her". At least that's what she says, I'll never find out.

xanadu
xanadu 10/23/09 - 07:10 am
does anyone know where i can

does anyone know where i can hook up with these folks that do 'studies' for cities, so i can cash in on this easy money? i need a job and being a 'special consultant' not only sounds like fun (travel, expense accounts, etc.) but also lucrative (27 dollars and some odd cents per page of report? yeah, baby!). beats being a nurse and shovelling up snot, pee and poop. if anyone knows how to get on one of these study panels as a paid consultant, i'd sure appreciate any info you may have.

terry67
terry67 10/23/09 - 07:14 am
I AGREE WITH the ranter who

I AGREE WITH the ranter who said we should turn the Augusta Mall into a jail. After all, it seems the same group of people hang around both places anyway. At least then the mall would finally get decent security that would make sure shoppers didn't trample elderly people and wear their pants down around their ankles. - So when is Augusta going to start issuing tickets over "Sagging" pants? I'm really really tired of a** crack showing every time I go out in public.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:16 am
LOL DOOFUS! You'll never

LOL DOOFUS! You'll never find out? Ya dog gone skippy!

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:17 am
Doofus/Skimpy.....hmmmmmmmmmm

Doofus/Skimpy.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm................

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:22 am
hey terry! Bet chu ain't

hey terry! Bet chu ain't sick off all that cleavage hangin out, them there, thongs showin and the such. But, hey, I feel ya. I can't stand the saggy britches either.

xanadu
xanadu 10/23/09 - 07:25 am
terry67: i'm tired of cracks

terry67: i'm tired of cracks showing all over the place in public, too, especially breast cleavage cracks. when are we going to make women cover up their sweat glands? especially the ones with tramp stamps all over them? how about those with visible stretch marks? and as long as we're covering up cracks, how 'bout doing something about those super skin-tight jeans women wear so that everyone pretty much knows what the nether regions look like?

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:27 am
My day is calling me forth.

My day is calling me forth. You legends in your own mind have a spectacular day! And I mean that! W00T! WINK WINK..

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 07:28 am
I hope you sell the winning

I hope you sell the winning lottery ticket today, Patel will be proud of you!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/23/09 - 07:28 am
Well, with those wearin the

Well, with those wearin the saggy britches, they've already established what they are. now we just have to haggle the price!

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:28 am
Bwhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bwhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@7:25..thanks lovin! That was good.

xanadu
xanadu 10/23/09 - 07:34 am
it's the coffee, not me; new

it's the coffee, not me; new brand, clover leaf from dollar general.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 07:40 am
lovin - Will that stuff give

lovin - Will that stuff give you any problems on a pre-employment drug screening?

xanadu
xanadu 10/23/09 - 07:48 am
only if they swab my crack

only if they swab my crack

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 10/23/09 - 07:57 am
I see that someone is looking

I see that someone is looking for one of those "consulting"positions that pays big money for no work.Well,I have been seeking employment in the constuction industry(heavy equipment operator) for a year and have been unable to find any.The most turndowns were due to my not being bilingual-I don't speak spanish.From Atlanta to Wilmington to Savannah,if you can't communicate with ground personnel (comprised mostly of spanish only speaking personnel),you don't operate equipment.So, here is a HUGE rant to the construction companies hiring spanish only speaking personnel.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/23/09 - 07:58 am
omg! You are a funny person

omg! You are a funny person lovin! lmaool

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 08:00 am
wizzardx - Time to adopt an

wizzardx - Time to adopt an illegal alien and trade language lessons for room and board and lawn maintenance. It will pay off in the long run.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/23/09 - 08:05 am
and you lawn will thank you!!

and you lawn will thank you!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/23/09 - 08:15 am
Good Morning to all you

Good Morning to all you peeps, pervs, pimps, posers and posters! Come on Down and get your Cotton Candy, Candy Apples and Funnel Cakes!!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 10/23/09 - 08:16 am
I am only two days from

I am only two days from eviction-can't adopt without a home and am not going to have a lawn to tend.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/23/09 - 08:20 am
wizzardx - Good luck with all

wizzardx - Good luck with all that, but they can tote boxes too!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 10/23/09 - 08:22 am
Don't have but two boxes of

Don't have but two boxes of stuff-sold most everything else to pay bills.

Group demands hearing on commissioner appointment

City leaders appeared to warm to a request Monday by the West Augusta Alliance to hold one or more public hearings before appointing an interim District 7 commissioner to serve until Donnie ...