Rants and raves

THIS IS A RAVE to the parents of Grovetown Elementary first-graders. Parents like you have made this year with your children the best. Thank you to all that came with us on our field trip to Kackleberry Farms. It was such a pleasant surprise to see so many parents come along.

WHY DOES the Richmond County tag office not have its new Saturday office hours posted on its phone message or on its front door?

RAVE TO THE BOARD of Education. Pull those pants up and keep them up. If the parents had any control of their children, these kids would not be leaving the house with baggy pants. Here they come walking down the street holding up the pants with one hand and trying to carry books in the other hand.

THE MIRACLE MILE walk, breast cancer fundraiser was a huge success. There were over 3,000 walkers marching to a wonderful marching band, and many, many more participants that worked together to raise well over $100,000 to help prevent and treat breast cancer patients here in the CSRA. It was disappointing to get so little print coverage of this wonderful event.

AMEN TO THE PEOPLE complaining about the traffic situation on Wrightsboro Road near Augusta Mall. That is absolutely absurd that no one has been able to correct that situation on such a busy road.

READING THAT Candover, Mass., had hired goats to help with the landscaping -- why not do the same with the defunct golf garden downtown? The goats get fed, and the place is kept clean.

THIS IS A RANT to Boshear's Skyfest for not providing refunds when events were canceled Saturday. Not everyone works Monday to Friday and could return Sunday. It was incredibly overpriced to begin with and after witnessing the complete disregard for your patrons, I won't be returning in the future.

Chad
Chad 10/22/09 - 05:02 am
"Public sentiment is

"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment nothing can fail. Without it nothing can succeed. He who molds opinion is greater than he who enacts laws." - President Abraham Lincoln. Enjoy this thoughtful insight good day.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/22/09 - 06:30 am
You mean stop the war like

You mean stop the war like Ma0bama promised while he still cared about mainstream America? hahahahahahahahahah, oh that's hilarious.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/22/09 - 06:31 am
THIS IS A RANT to the person

THIS IS A RANT to the person who obviously does not have children. As a single parent my kids go to school and eat breakfast there. Why would you want to take away from the children? Sometimes the school meals are the best meals some of these kids get.... oh my. I will look forward to the humiliating posts that this Perfect 0bama Supporter generates. It will not be pretty and I suspect some censored comments.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/22/09 - 06:54 am
Free/reduced meals were

Free/reduced meals were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy before Obama, PROblem, and it is a WONDERFUL thing to have. So why don't you pull your head out of your place the sun don't shine. It's for the CHILDREN! Oh, but then, I think I saw you post on the teacher, molesting the student thread, and taking up FOR TEACHER. So, I'm seeing where YOU are coming from. It's all so clear. W00t.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/22/09 - 06:58 am
BTW. Good morning everyone.

BTW. Good morning everyone. Take what you need and leave the part you're in denial about.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/22/09 - 07:13 am
Nobody suggested that Obama

Nobody suggested that Obama should get the credit for the school lunch program. CEIT's point was that the walking womb excuse for a mother who wrote/called in the rant is probably an Obama supporter. I'd have to agree.

corgimom
corgimom 10/22/09 - 07:25 am
"As a single parent my kids

"As a single parent my kids go to school and eat breakfast there"... "because I'm too lazy to feed them myself." How do they eat breakfast and lunch during the summers? How hard is it to buy a package of muffin mix and bake muffins, or to fry an egg, or pour a bowl of cereal?

truthisstillhere
truthisstillhere 10/22/09 - 08:24 am
if the school meal is the

if the school meal is the best some kids get then they need to be taken away from their parents as this means their parents don't provide dinner for them and obviously don't give a crap about them....and working and not having much money is no excuse for a good-for-nothing parent who doesn't see that their child is fed....growing up as a kid my mom didn't have much but she always saw to it we were fed....fish sticks and box macaroni didn'tt cost much, and mom would buy the dented canned goods that were marked down when things were really tight...these days store brands and no-name brands can make things very affordable

carolinafrog
carolinafrog 10/22/09 - 10:05 am
My children refuse to eat

My children refuse to eat school lunch; so I do the home made muffin thing and cook a little extra at dinner for my husband to take lunch to work. Otherwise, we couldn't afford to pay the higher gas prices to get where we need to go. And no, my children don't have cell phones. My priorities are straight; and on my dollar, my family has a choice of a hot or cold breakfast and a choice of a few different ideas for taking lunch. I refuse to be dependent on government offers, it's ALWAYS bait & switch!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/22/09 - 10:16 am
I am extremely happy that we

I am extremely happy that we live in a nation where children are fed even though they have an idiot parent. Being a single parent does not entitle you for government handouts. You should be raving to the hard working tax paying citzens that feed your children. The government does not feed your children WE TAX PAYERS DO.

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/22/09 - 10:26 am
Hey DOOFUS, what does the

Hey DOOFUS, what does the rant have to do with who you support as President? Jeepers, I think you can be a Dem or a Con and concur with her rant. Oh, but I understand. You all need any and every excuse you can muster up, to diss President Obama. Grasping my friend grasping...lol.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/22/09 - 10:30 am
Most needy single mothers

Most needy single mothers support Obama because they believe he will take care of their every need/want for free. Go peek in the mirror..... Have a blissful day!

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/22/09 - 10:30 am
Grasshopper? Why are you all

Grasshopper? Why are you all of the mindset that everyone who gets assistance is sitting on their butt? That is like saying, you are a sorry alcoholic, and that means everyone else is too. BTW, I pay my taxes every year, I don't mind helping those in need. Do Do Doofus. I am having a blissful life mr. man, not only a blissful day. And I hope you are as well. W00t W00t...lol

Vera Donavon
Vera Donavon 10/22/09 - 10:40 am
BTW..what's wrong with being

BTW..what's wrong with being needy? Everyone needs help at some point in their life. It's all good brother Doofus.

God save America
God save America 10/22/09 - 10:55 am
laughing out loud obama does

laughing out loud obama does things every day that doesn't make sense . a pres. that only has health care reform on his mind when he ought to do what his general says he needs .why does a election keep a pres. from sending more troops to his war.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/22/09 - 11:04 am
I'll bet they get EIC and

I'll bet they get EIC and don't pay ANY taxes. I've seen the forms....I have to fill them out at the start of every school year so the school will accept the check I write to pay for lunches.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/22/09 - 11:10 am
I really don't care if a kid

I really don't care if a kid gets a free lunch, that is not this nations problem. It's "I am a single parent and I deserve government assistance." You don't deserve a damn thing for your irresponsibility. What is going to happen to this nation when the entitlement base out weighs the tax base? Why don't the ignorant sheeple give it some thought?

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/22/09 - 11:14 am
Guess I called dat one, huh?

Guess I called dat one, huh? Thanks for covering my six while I was out generating some income for the county and state. I don't contribute to the Federal kitty.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/22/09 - 11:14 am
Parents are not TAX PAYERS,

Parents are not TAX PAYERS, when their tax refund, is more than what they paid in.

jack
jack 10/22/09 - 11:35 am
THIS IS A RANT to the person

THIS IS A RANT to the person who obviously does not have children. As a single parent my kids go to school and eat breakfast there. Why would you want to take away from the children? Sometimes the school meals are the best meals some of these kids get.....What has being a single parent got to do with where your kid eats breakfast? Get off your lazy duff and fix him breakfast yourself.

jack
jack 10/22/09 - 11:38 am
IF PRESIDENT OBAMA would stop

IF PRESIDENT OBAMA would stop this useless war, we would have millions of dollars. The war is costing millions of dollars a day. We are losing American personnel. Other countries are losing people. It's a useless war. You'll never stop the Taliban. They are all over the world, and you'll never kill them all. If you stop the war we would have millions of dollars for medical research and helping senior citizens.,,,,Head ot of derrier. I guess you haven't heard that AQ/OBL declared and wages war on us and hasn't, to anyone's knowledge stated he wants peace. Maybe yiou can go and arrange peace with AQ and the Taliban.

jack
jack 10/22/09 - 11:42 am
Laughin out loud, I went to

Laughin out loud, I went to school WAAAAAAAAYyyyy before reduced/free meals were given to us kids in school. My mama got up and made breakfast for all 7 of us before sending us off to school (and dad). I bet the ranter has a cell phone and flat screen T.V.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/22/09 - 12:08 pm
Jack, you mean a cellphone

Jack, you mean a cellphone and flat screen TV aren't necessities? Say it ain't so, man, say it ain't so!

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/22/09 - 12:10 pm
There are working parents

There are working parents who's children are covered by Peachcare also. Just like free/reduced price meals, some idiots decided that anyone with income 400% of poverty level are ENTITILED to these social benefits. You want fries with that?

77777 10/22/09 - 12:12 pm
For God's sake, we are

For God's sake, we are talking about CHILDREN. What kind of society would let a child go hungry? Does not anyone remember Jesus saying "whatever you have do to the least of these my brethren, you have done also to me"? Would you let Jesus go hungry? You know he most likely did not look like he was wealthy. If he was in the flesh and walking amongst RIGHT now, He might look homeless, He might even look like a different race or nationality from us. Would we be willing to feed Him if he was hungry? Jesus did not leave ANY ONE of us in charge while he is away. Let's be careful of throwing rocks at others.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/22/09 - 12:18 pm
Well I have dated these vein

Well I have dated these vein women, and they are not ashamed. Come tax refunds, its best buy and the wireless store. Nice hair, nails, and electronics, but can't pay for their own food? People, reallly don't know.

IraDoofus
IraDoofus 10/22/09 - 12:24 pm
Hopper - Let me guess, was

Hopper - Let me guess, was her name Vera Cose?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/22/09 - 12:26 pm
77777... I am for peach care

77777... I am for peach care and feeding children. However, it should be temporary assistance. People are making a living off the system. "I am a single parent and I am entitled" does not bother you?

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/22/09 - 12:26 pm
I have a friend who's

I have a friend who's daughter has 4 children. The father of all 4 lives with her, but they aren't married. My friend told me in 2008, their total household income was $21,000. Their total tax "refund" was $9,500. Did they buy healthcare? Did they set aside money to pay bills? NOPE, in fact, they had to move into my friends house recently. My friend was outraged. My total household income was over 20x that, I received zero as a "refund". I didn't get upset. Don't tell me I don't feed the needy.

terry67
terry67 10/22/09 - 12:27 pm
I remember classmates who got

I remember classmates who got free lunch, they always had the best clothes, expensive shoes and a wad of cash, EVERYDAY. Guess when your parent(s) don't have to pay for food you get to spend it elsewhere. I ate bfast at home when I was in school, now why can't ppl do that now? Oh bc they want the government to hold there hand and do every little thing they need! REMEMBER
A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...