Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

OK, PANTYHOSE shoplifters, I guess I will see y'all at Bobby Jones Walmart this morning stealing our pantyhose. It's a sad thing finding all those empty packages in my department. I wish we could catch you all!

A HUGE RANT to the Josey High School band. At the Josey-Evans football game they made their entrance to the stadium, full volume, while the Evans band was performing pregame. Just before halftime they made another full-volume exit from the stadium while the game was still being played. Extremely rude and not typical for high school band people. Next time, please stay home.

A RANT FOR the Georgia DOT officials who refuse to make the proper modifications to Mike Padgett Highway. They've known for years that this is the most dangerous road in the county and instead of putting in a turning lane from Brown to Tobacco they repave!

WILL SOMEONE explain to me for what purpose the TEE center will be used? A few years back, the media followed some commissioners with video cameras when they went out of state to a convention. The attacks against these commissioners by The Augusta Chronicle, talk radio hosts, local TV stations and callers were relentless. People said that they didn't need to go anywhere. If the powers that be back then didn't want our officials to travel for meetings and conferences, why do we need a TEE center? If other cities are like Augusta, they won't let their officials come here.

TO THE AUTHOR of the letter to the editor "Obama richly deserving of Peace Prize": Even someone who is an unabashed Obama supporter like yourself should ask himself whether 11 days in office was enough to get him nominated before the nomination deadline. If not, perhaps you should question your own objectivity.

soldout
soldout 10/21/09 - 03:50 am
For some good info on swine

For some good info on swine flu and the vaccination info check out

Chad
Chad 10/21/09 - 04:40 am
"In matters of style swim

"In matters of style swim with the current in matters of principle stand like a rock.", "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.", "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." these foods for thought brought to you today by Thomas Jefferson. Good day.

Martinez
Martinez 10/21/09 - 05:42 am
Tradition and Protocol for HS

Tradition and Protocol for HS Bands seems to be missing from a few of the RC schools (not all). I attended one where the band circled through the parking lot for a good 15 minutes after the game assuring no cars could leave. An Ambulance kept flashing it's lights on and off to try to get through but the band just kept playing and circling without a care in the world.

rjay
rjay 10/21/09 - 06:56 am
WE don't have the mony to run

WE don't have the mony to run the school system this year,but we can give out a bonus

corgimom
corgimom 10/21/09 - 06:58 am
Too bad that NAES can't cure

Too bad that NAES can't cure obsessions.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 07:02 am
Apparently the Bobby Jones

dclark1983
dclark1983 10/21/09 - 07:52 am
okay, the "czars" thing is

okay, the "czars" thing is bothering me. I have seen several people comment using that in the past. Czars were not communist. Lenin was the communist that rebelled against the Czars. Please use a more accurate analogy. I do not agree with many of the president's policies, but please use your own intelligence and find a correct analogy to compare. Using Czar because it is Russian and trying to make it communist is ignorant at best. Respect the position and argue the policy instead of attacking the person. This is where my conservative friends and I do not get along. They use derogatory terms at a person to discredit them, when it is actually hurting themselves. I can not be the only person who thinks this way. I did not like Bush as a president, but I most certainly did not attack him personally. I attack the policies. All this would be moot if the rest of the world would have seen Huckabee for the genius he is.

pai
pai 08/16/11 - 07:02 am
l

l

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/21/09 - 08:11 am
dclark1983, you make a very

dclark1983, you make a very good point in your 8:52am post but when an individual speaks against the President's policies using facts, they are still labeled as a racist or accused of not liking the President because he is black. I agree that the derogatroy terms shouldn't be used but it is a no win situation. Either you agree or you're a racist. As for Huckabee, I'd love to see him run for President again!

soldout
soldout 10/21/09 - 08:24 am
pai you can probably find

pai you can probably find that info at drtenpenny.com or mercola.com

dclark1983
dclark1983 10/21/09 - 08:45 am
ICL, if they pull with race

ICL, if they pull with race card without any real basis, then they are showing their ignorance even more. Making "shocking" statements with no basis it asinine at best. On the same hand, arguing and disagreeing just because they have different political affiliations is just as dumb. Both sides do it and it has really corrupted the process. I see democrats fighting a bill just because a republican introduced it and the other way. They are too worried about alliances and building their side, instead of doing the right thing. This is main reason I am an independent. I admittedly lean right, but I refuse to associate myself with any party.

1941
1941 10/21/09 - 08:46 am
#6; Mabe you should question

#6; Mabe you should question the committee, that awarded the prize to the president!! Why should we question each other, we did not have a say. All we are saying is that we agree with thier decision!!! It is your right to disagree, the bottom line is there is nothing that you can do about it!!! If you are so upset that he got it, then stop thinking about it, it is old news!!!!!!

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 09:21 am
DC: Ignorance is the most

DC: Ignorance is the most plentiful commodity left in our USA. Unfortunately, it sells in the media.

rharris3237
rharris3237 10/21/09 - 09:24 am
Enough is enough, face it

Enough is enough, face it Augusta is not that great a place. We do not need a Tee Center when we can't even keep the Sciecne center open. That drew more crowds downtown than a Tee center will ever draw. Use the sales tax money to fix downtown without raising taxes. If everyone paid the same amount of taxes that folks in west and south augusta paid you would not be in a hole. Make the city pay equal share of the burden and all the folks that own homes pay an equal share whether someone lives in it or not. Hey that might make them do something instead of being dead beat landlords. I all for cutting back on some services that are not needed or pushed off on us whether we wanted it or not.

Seashells
Seashells 10/21/09 - 10:42 am
Re:Apparently the Bobby Jones

Re:Apparently the Bobby Jones WalMart is the store of choice when choosing tonight's armed robbery attire.

I wonder if they prefer the chocolate or pecan tan colors.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 10:48 am
Sea: I'm sure some of the

Sea: I'm sure some of the missing hose is white too.

Haloweenieboy
Haloweenieboy 10/21/09 - 10:57 am
I'm curious on this panty

I'm curious on this panty hose thing. What is the most common size and shade that goes missing?

pommom38
pommom38 10/21/09 - 11:10 am
Who cares.. So much for all

Who cares..
So much for all the *security cameras*, if they can't pick up on people opening packages and stuffing items in bags or wherever, why have them at all? Really sad times when people resort to stealing pantyhose!! Geez people..

jack
jack 10/21/09 - 11:58 am
I SAW THE MAYOR in a photo

I SAW THE MAYOR in a photo reading to children at Sue Reynolds School. Did the school system make him submit the name of the book beforehand? Did the parents have a chance to preview the book to be sure that he wouldn't indoctrinate their precious little ones? Were parents given the option of keeping their children home? I didn't think so. He's not the president of the United States. (P.S. I'm sure this will never get printed in The Chronicle.)....You're right, he ain't BimbObama thus not interested in indoctrinating the kids.

jack
jack 10/21/09 - 12:03 pm
dclark, the term "czar" is

dclark, the term "czar" is not new or related just to BimbObama's adminstration with 32 of them. FDR and most Presidents had advisers they termed "czars", so you can get the wad out of your panties now, as it has nothing to do with communism or the communist in the WH now.

dclark1983
dclark1983 10/21/09 - 12:47 pm
Jack, as I recall, the

Jack, as I recall, the Defense Secretary and Treasury Secretary are from Bush's administration and very much conservative. I am pretty sure conservative is quite the opposite of communist. Your term "BimbObama" just reinforces my reasons for disdain of both sides. The ignorance causes a no win situation. If you want people to understand your view or even change their views, you need to be more respectful. If not, they will continue to discard you as someone who has no meaningful input or intelligence.

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG
IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG 10/21/09 - 01:19 pm
Dclark. I have posted many

Dclark. I have posted many times on this message board supporting the claim you make. Insulting remarks do nothing to boost anyone's claim regarding any matter no matter how right or wrong they might be. Yet, people still continue to use them and will continue to use them. And then they wonder why intelligent and rational thinkers cannot take them seriously.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 02:25 pm
When the people quit

When the people quit resorting to attack/deflect/distract in response to direct questioning or a request for information, the name calling will end. The very same happy plum had a long record of insulting posts until she got banned. When you cannot defend or explain your opinion and resort to such tactics, name calling is your last resort. See also "you dont like obama because he's black" "you're a hater" etc, etc, etc.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 02:26 pm
I have no problems explaining

I have no problems explaining or defending my opinions and guess what? Sometimes I'm even wrong and admit it. I know, I'm just a (insert insulting name here).

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 02:27 pm
BTW: Treasury Secretary Tim

BTW: Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner was not part of the Bush Admin. You may be thinking of Ben Bernanke of the Federal Reserve.

corgimom
corgimom 10/21/09 - 02:30 pm
Hey CEIT, I'm a liberal or a

Hey CEIT, I'm a liberal or a conservative, depending on who doesn't like what I'm saying. That makes me laugh.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/21/09 - 02:34 pm
The TEE center will be a

The TEE center will be a Trade, Exhibit, Event Center. You know, kinda like the James Brown Arena is now.

dclark1983
dclark1983 10/21/09 - 02:38 pm
I stand corrected, it is

I stand corrected, it is Bernanke.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 02:38 pm
Corgi: I am an equal

Corgi: I am an equal opportunity annoyer.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/21/09 - 02:39 pm
No worries DC. I'd also like

No worries DC. I'd also like to see the name calling stop, just for the record, but I'll be darned if I'll turn the other cheek to these (insert insulting name here) who choose to flame people.

Christmas Eve storm possible

ATLANTA - Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.